PRISTINA, Kosovo — As to Kosovar media a special prosecutor from the European Union (EU) Rule-of-Law mission in Kosovo (EULEX) filed indictments against two citizens from Turkey and Israel. Yusuf Sonmez and Moshe Harel are accused of "trafficking in persons, organized crime and unlawful exercise of medical activity" EULEX states. According to EULEX spokesman Blerim Krasniqi "Warrants for their arrest have been issued by the District Court in Pristina and both suspects are subject to international wanted notices, issued by Interpol". Continue reading
Search NEWS > KOSOVO
- Crimea is Not Kosovo - Huffington Post 10/03/2014Christian Science MonitorCrimea is Not KosovoHuffington PostRussia is pointing to the "Kosovo precedent" as justification for its actions in Crimea. This is a false argument. There are fundamental legal and political differences between the internationally sanctioned process, which culminated in Kosovo's ...Sovereignty vs. Self-Rule: Crimea Re […]
- Kosovo Gets a Real Game, if It Can Assemble a Team - New York Times 01/03/2014Kosovo Gets a Real Game, if It Can Assemble a TeamNew York TimesThe Kosovo national soccer team will play its first FIFA-sanctioned friendly match Wednesday, against Haiti, in Mitrovica, 24 miles north of the capital, Pristina. For Salihu, who has handled the day-to-day running of Kosovo's soccer federation as its ...and more »
- Kosovo FM calls on Mamnoon - The News International 11/03/2014Business RecorderKosovo FM calls on MamnoonThe News InternationalISLAMABAD: President Mamnoon Hussain said on Monday that Pakistan was keen to further strengthen friendly and mutually beneficial relations with Kosovo at all levels, including political, economic, commercial, cultural and educational fields. Talkig to ...Kosovo eager to support Pakistan in ene […]
- Kosovo footballers draw with Haiti in Mitrovica debut - BBC News 06/03/2014BBC NewsKosovo footballers draw with Haiti in Mitrovica debutBBC NewsSix years after declaring independence, Kosovo's footballers have played their first match at international level, drawing 0-0 with Haiti in a friendly. The match, approved by football's world governing body Fifa, took place in the ethnically divided ...Kosovo's football debu […]
- Kosovo to build its first national army - euronews 04/03/2014Kosovo to build its first national armyeuronewsIt will be built on the current lightly-armed civic response force, and the Kosovo Security Force that replaced the armed rebels that fought against the Serbs at the end of the 1990s when Kosovo gained a degree of international recognition as ...and more »
- Compare Crimea with Kosovo rather than with Scotland - Financial Times 10/03/2014Compare Crimea with Kosovo rather than with ScotlandFinancial TimesI wonder whether using Kosovo, rather than Scotland, wouldn't have been a worthier comparative exercise. Kosovo was an ethnically Albanian autonomous republic within Serbia; it decided on independence through referendum, declared itself independent ...
- Kosovo's PM hikes public sector wages by 25 pct ahead of vote - TrustLaw 10/03/2014Kosovo's PM hikes public sector wages by 25 pct ahead of voteTrustLawPRISTINA, March 10 (Reuters) - Kosovo's government raised pensions and public servants' wages by 25 percent on Monday, prompting the opposition to accuse Prime Minister Hashim Thaci of attempting to buy votes just a few months ahead of ...and more »
- Kosovo to form army 15 yrs after war, Serbia reacts - Journal of Turkish Weekly 11/03/2014Kosovo to form army 15 yrs after war, Serbia reactsJournal of Turkish Weekly"The army will have a defensive character as Kosovo has no territorial aspirations,” Kosovo's Ambassador in Ankara, Avni Spahiu told Anadolu Agency calling it a step towards "supporting peace and security in the region". But the Serbian government ...
- Elections to be held in Kosovo "in line with agreement" - B92 10/03/2014Foot and BallElections to be held in Kosovo "in line with agreement"B92... to be held in Kosovo "in line with agreement". Source: Beta, Tanjug. BELGRADE, PRIŠTINA -- The March 16 Serbian parliamentary elections will be held in Kosovo in accordance with the Brussels agreement "and with the OSCE," says Aleksandar Vučić.Kosovo make […]
- Kosovo's PM Thaci on statehood, corruption and the EU dream - euronews 14/02/2014Kosovo's PM Thaci on statehood, corruption and the EU dreameuronewsKosovo emerged from a bloody and brutal conflict with its neighbour Serbia some 15 years ago and has since embarked on the rocky road to reform hoping one day to be accepted by the whole international community as a fully fledged sovereign state.
- Crimea is Not Kosovo - Huffington Post 10/03/2014
- Kosovo Economists Query Public Sector Pay Hikes 11/03/2014As the Kosovo government announces major rises in public-sector wages, some economists say the focus should be on creating jobs, not raising the pay of those in employment.
- Macedonia Opposition Says EU Highway Cash 'Missing' 11/03/2014Opposition party claims some of the the funds approved by the European Union for motorway construction in Macedonia have disappeared.
- Croatia Court Allows Wanted Spy Chief’s Extradition 11/03/2014Croatia's supreme court overturned a decision preventing the extradition of ex-Yugoslav secret service chief Zdravko Mustac, wanted for alleged involvement in an assassination in Germany.
- Jail Urged for Killing in Bosnia’s Rogatica 10/03/2014Prosecutors called for the conviction of three former Bosnian Serb soldiers for killing a Bosniak villager and torturing his teenage son near Rogatica in 1992.
- Serbs in Kosovo to Vote in Parliamentary Polls 10/03/2014Serbs in the former province will be able to cast ballots in the Serbian elections on Sunday but no Belgrade officials will be part of the process, the OSCE said.
- Norwegian-Pakistani Movie Triumphs at Belgrade Festival 10/03/2014The main prize at this year’s Belgrade international film festival went to Iram Haq’s ‘I am Yours’, about a Pakistani woman living in Norway who gets caught up in a culture clash.
- Croatia ‘Couldn’t Prove’ Serbia Committed Genocide 10/03/2014Belgrade’s legal team argued that Zagreb did not provide evidence at the International Court of Justice that either Serbia or the Yugoslav People’s Army committed genocide during the 1990s war.
- Bosnia Arrests Two for Sarajevo Protest 'Terrorism' 10/03/2014Two men have been detained for allegedly setting fire to official buildings amid violent clashes that broke out during mass protests in Sarajevo last month.
- Bosnia Opens New Sarajevo War Crimes Trial 10/03/2014Former Bosnian Serb fighter Radovan Malinovic went on trial for allegedly killing a Bosniak civilian in the Sarajevo suburb of Hadzici in 1992.
- Serbian Officials Stay Neutral on Ukraine Crisis 10/03/2014Serbia’s outgoing government is maintaining a neutral stance on the crisis over Crimea in an attempt to preserve good relations with both Russia and Ukraine.
- Macedonia Albanian Party Challenges Future President’s Legitimacy 10/03/2014Macedonia’s ethnic Albanian junior ruling party says it will dispute the legitimacy of the country’s future president unless a candidate is agreed in advance by Albanians and Macedonians.
- Montenegro Holds Suspected Newspaper Office Attackers 10/03/2014Two men are being held in custody on suspicion of staging a bomb attack that targeted the Montenegrin independent daily Vijesti last year, police said.
- Kosovo Economists Query Public Sector Pay Hikes 11/03/2014
Feedburner NEWS KOSOVO
- Indictments on Organ Trading against Citizens from Turkey and Israel
- Inauguration of Kosovo War Crimes Institute
- Kosovo Liberation Day
- Kosovo PM Thaci to be investigated on Marty Report allegations
- Kosovo-Serbia Talks postponed
- Corruption at Kosovo customs and PTK
- Andorra recognized Kosovo
- Explosion in "Ferronikel" Company
We need your help !If you want to write constructive critically on any issue regarding the Republic of Kosovo, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!