PRISTINA, Kosovo — As to Kosovar media a special prosecutor from the European Union (EU) Rule-of-Law mission in Kosovo (EULEX) filed indictments against two citizens from Turkey and Israel. Yusuf Sonmez and Moshe Harel are accused of "trafficking in persons, organized crime and unlawful exercise of medical activity" EULEX states. According to EULEX spokesman Blerim Krasniqi "Warrants for their arrest have been issued by the District Court in Pristina and both suspects are subject to international wanted notices, issued by Interpol". Continue reading
Search NEWS > KOSOVO
- Albania extradites robbery suspect to Kosovo - New Zealand Herald 09/12/2013Albania extradites robbery suspect to KosovoNew Zealand HeraldPRISTINA, Kosovo (AP) The European Union rule of law mission in Kosovo says a man suspected of stealing more than 1.1 million euros' ($1.5 million) worth of luxury watches in Bahrain has been extradited from Albania to Kosovo. The ethnic Albanian ...and more »
- Kosovo's Digital Diplomats - by Philip Boyes - Foreign Policy (blog) 06/12/2013Kosovo's Digital Diplomats - by Philip BoyesForeign Policy (blog)There's certainly plenty for Kosovo to fight for. Five years after unilaterally declaring independence from Serbia and being recognized by 106 U.N. members, Kosovo is still struggling for acceptance by the likes of Russia, China, India, and many other ...
- Kosovo Press Review- December 9, 2013 - Balkan Insight 09/12/2013Kosovo Press Review- December 9, 2013Balkan InsightPolitical parties in Kosovo are interested to have electoral reforms without changes in constitution, Tribuna reports. According to the Kosovo daily, the reforms have to be conducted by January so the country can be ready for parliamentary elections in ...
- MIA office in Kosovo to be terminated on December 31 - InSerbia News 09/12/2013InSerbia NewsMIA office in Kosovo to be terminated on December 31InSerbia NewsBELGRADE – The Serbian government issued instructions on Monday to the Ministry of Internal Affairs (MUP) on Monday to regulate the status of its employees living on the territory of Kosovo-Metohija (KiM) within the process of implementation of the ...
- Edgar Lungu holds talks with Kosovo counterpart - Zambia Daily Mail (blog) 08/12/2013Edgar Lungu holds talks with Kosovo counterpartZambia Daily Mail (blog)And speaking after the meeting, Mr Lungu said the meeting was insightful but says the Zambian government will thoroughly discuss and clear all the grey areas before any decision can be made over Kosovo. Mr Lungu says he will table the issues discussed ...
- Preliminary Results From Kosovo Runoff Bring Surprises - RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty 03/12/2013RadioFreeEurope/RadioLibertyPreliminary Results From Kosovo Runoff Bring SurprisesRadioFreeEurope/RadioLibertyRFE/RL's Balkan Service reports that Shpend Ahmeti from the ethnic Albanian nationalist Self-Determination movement won the election for mayor in the capital, Pristina, a longtime stronghold of the biggest opposition party, the Democratic League […]
- With military commitments in Africa, France to leave Kosovo - Reuters 28/11/2013www.worldbulletin.netWith military commitments in Africa, France to leave KosovoReutersPRISTINA (Reuters) - NATO confirmed on Thursday that France plans to withdraw its 320 troops from Kosovo, citing commitments in Mali and a pending French intervention in Central African Republic. Speaking in Kosovo, NATO's top military commander, ...NATO: France to pu […]
- Kosovo pays a heavy toll for lack of reliable energy - The Guardian 19/11/2013Kosovo pays a heavy toll for lack of reliable energyThe GuardianHome to about 2,500 people, it is nestled below Kosovo B, a 600-megawatt, lignite-fuelled thermal power plant that belches black toxic fumes day and night. "I have woken up and cursed that power plant a million times," says Driton Berisa, a Roma civil ...
- EU integration: progress reports for Albania, Serbia, Kosovo, Iceland - European Parliament (press release) 05/12/2013EU integration: progress reports for Albania, Serbia, Kosovo, IcelandEuropean Parliament (press release)Foreign affairs MEPs called on Thursday on the Council to grant Albania EU candidate status without undue delay. In separate resolutions, they also assessed last year's progress by Serbia, Kosovo and Iceland. While stressing their commitment to the .. […]
- Facebook Recognizes Kosovo - Slate Magazine (blog) 21/11/2013Slate Magazine (blog)Facebook Recognizes KosovoSlate Magazine (blog)And Prime Minister Hashim Thaci said in a statement that he "was informed (on Monday) by senior Facebook executives... about including Kosovo in the global social network". Until now Kosovans who wanted to create a Facebook account had to register as ...After 'milestone' […]
- Albania extradites robbery suspect to Kosovo - New Zealand Herald 09/12/2013
- Kosovo Urged to Fight Harder Against Corruption 09/12/2013Rights activists accused the Kosovo authorities of a lack of political will to tackle graft during a conference held to mark International Anti-Corruption Day.
- Bosnian Serb MPs Stage Protest Boycott 09/12/2013Opposition MPs from Republika Srpska boycotted the Serb-led entity’s assembly in protest against the use of emergency measures to adopt a budget in time to meet an IMF-imposed deadline.
- Bosnian Serb Saboteur Squad ‘Murdered Prisoners’ 09/12/2013A former Bosnian Serb Army intelligence chief told the genocide trial of Srebrenica massacre suspect Aleksandar Cvetkovic that he had heard that the defendant’s squad participated in the killings.
- Bulgarians Don't Want More Syrians, Poll Says 09/12/2013A new survey suggests that more than half of Bulgarians do not want their country to continue to accept more of the increasing numbers of refugees who are fleeing the war in Syria.
- Djukanovic Pays Landmark Visit to Serbia 09/12/2013Montenegrin Prime Minister Milo Djukanovic is to make his first official visit to Serbia in a decade with a view to improving the previously tetchy relations between the two neighbours.
- Macedonia Albanians Attack Bronze Serbian Tsar 09/12/2013Serb politicians in Macedonia have called for calm after ethnic Albanians vandalised a recently-erected statue of the Serbian Tsar Dusan in Skopje at the weekend.
- Montenegrins to Send Love Letters Soaring 09/12/2013On Independence Day next year, a helium-filled balloon will take a casket of letters and greetings from the president into the atmosphere.
- Romanian Anti-Fracking Protesters Clash With Police 09/12/2013Environmental activists rallied for a second day after forcing US company Chevron to temporarily halt its controversial shale gas exploration in Romania’s north-east.
- Bosnian Dog-Lovers Slam Proposed Stray Cull 09/12/2013Animal-welfare campaigners have complained after the Bosnian parliament adopted legal changes aimed at making culling the main tool for tackling Sarajevo’s large stray dog problem.
- Albania Probes Low-Cost Airline Bankruptcy 09/12/2013The prosecutor’s office has launched an investigation after Albania’s low-cost airline Belle Air dramatically filed for bankruptcy last month, raising suspicions of possible corruption.
- Macedonian Progress on Rights Modest, Ombudsman Says 09/12/2013Macedonia made only modest progress towards greater respect for human rights, the state Ombudsman admitted ahead of December 10, international Human Rights Day.
- Serb Policemen Deny Croatian Family Killings 09/12/2013As their retrial began in Belgrade, three wartime Serb policemen from the Croatian town of Beli Manastir pleaded not guilty to the murders of six civilians including four members of one family.
- Kosovo Urged to Fight Harder Against Corruption 09/12/2013
Feedburner NEWS KOSOVO
- Indictments on Organ Trading against Citizens from Turkey and Israel
- Inauguration of Kosovo War Crimes Institute
- Kosovo Liberation Day
- Kosovo PM Thaci to be investigated on Marty Report allegations
- Kosovo-Serbia Talks postponed
- Corruption at Kosovo customs and PTK
- Andorra recognized Kosovo
- Explosion in "Ferronikel" Company
We need your help !If you want to write constructive critically on any issue regarding the Republic of Kosovo, please contact email@example.com
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!