PRISTINA, KOSOVO — Twelve years on from the start of weeks of Nato bombing raids against Serbia, military planners enforcing the no-fly zone over Colonel Gaddafi’s Libya can learn valuable lessons from the air campaign against Belgrade … the immediate effect, at least in the case of Serbia, was devastating as security forces loyal to the former Serb president Slobodan Milosevic used the Nato raids as cover for the mass expulsions of hundreds of thousands of Kosovo Albanians into neighbouring countries and to commit a number of atrocities. Almost 2,000 people – mostly ethnic Albanians – are still missing after disappearing during the conflict … the generals have failed to prepare for what follows the initial and inevitable military victory … read more at THE INDEPENDENT
- Pakistan, Kosovo heads of state hold first-ever meeting - Daily Times 29/08/2014Business RecorderPakistan, Kosovo heads of state hold first-ever meetingDaily TimesPakistan formally recognised the Republic of Kosovo in December 2012 which was followed by a visit of Pakistan's special envoy in January 2013 and a visit by Kosovo's foreign affairs minister in March 2014. The two leaders discussed bilateral relations ...Pakistan ke […]
- Discovery: A Clothing Shop Inspired by Hillary Clinton in Kosovo (of All Places) - Yahoo Travel 27/08/2014Yahoo TravelDiscovery: A Clothing Shop Inspired by Hillary Clinton in Kosovo (of All Places)Yahoo TravelFinally! A shop inspired by the sartorial stylings of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. (Photo: Jo Piazza). Drive down Bill Clinton Boulevard in Pristina, Kosovo's capital, and you would be hard-pressed to miss the gleaming, 10-foot-tall ...T […]
- Djuric: Serbs in Kosovo are subject to persecution and violence - InSerbia News 29/08/2014InSerbia NewsDjuric: Serbs in Kosovo are subject to persecution and violenceInSerbia NewsZVECAN – Over the recent years, Serbian people in Kosovo-Metohija (KiM) have been subjected to continued persecution and brutal violence, followed by violations of fundamental human rights, Director of the Serbian government's Office for KiM Marko ...
- Serbian policeman killed on border with Kosovo - New Zealand Herald 28/08/2014B92Serbian policeman killed on border with KosovoNew Zealand HeraldKURSUMLIJA, Serbia (AP) Serbian police say a gendarmerie unit officer has been killed on the tense border with Kosovo. Police described the shooting as a "terrorist attack" by Kosovo Albanians who were allegedly cutting wood illegally in a forest on ...NATO to remain in Kosovo despi […]
- In Kosovo, shoppers flock to a store selling Hillary Clinton–inspired clothing - The Week Magazine 29/08/2014The IndependentIn Kosovo, shoppers flock to a store selling Hillary Clinton–inspired clothingThe Week MagazineHang a left on Bill Clinton Boulevard in Pristina, Kosovo, go past the giant statue of the president, and you'll arrive at Hillary, a shop dedicated to the fashion sense of the former secretary of State and first lady.Kosovo pays homage to Hilla […]
- Kosovo: citing recent unrest, UN envoy urges close vigilance to safeguard ... - UN News Centre 29/08/2014UN News CentreKosovo: citing recent unrest, UN envoy urges close vigilance to safeguard ...UN News Centre29 August 2014 – The United Nations envoy for Kosovo today said that while great strides have been made since last year toward normalisation of relations between Belgrade and Pristina, close vigilance remains essential to safeguard achievements and ...
- "Serbia must recognize Kosovo before joining EU" - B92 27/08/2014B92"Serbia must recognize Kosovo before joining EU"B92Serbia, according to this German politician, could be ready to join the EU in five years' time at the earliest, and when asked whether the country would receive an explicit demand to recognize its southern province, Kosovo, as independent, Nietan ...
- War crimes in Kosovo - The Economist 07/08/2014B92War crimes in KosovoThe EconomistTHIS is Kosovo's holiday-and-wedding season, but some in the small Balkan state don't feel much like celebrating this year. On July 29th Clint Williamson, an American prosecutor leading a special European Union task-force investigating war crimes, came ...UNSC to hold session on Kosovo on Aug 25B92EU asks Serbia […]
- Imam arrested in Kosovo on suspicion of recruiting Islamist fighters - Reuters 14/08/2014Aljazeera.comImam arrested in Kosovo on suspicion of recruiting Islamist fightersReutersKosovo's parliament is expected to pass legislation soon banning citizens from joining foreign insurgencies, with a maximum sentence of 15 years in prison on conviction. A number of European countries including Britain, France and the Netherlands have ...Kosovo arres […]
- Jihad 'Made in Kosovo' - Deutsche Welle 24/08/2014Jewish Daily ForwardJihad 'Made in Kosovo'Deutsche WelleThe act that triggered the largest police action in Kosovo since the war in 1999 was terrible and barbaric. The Kosovar jihadist Lavdrim Muhaxeri posted before and after photos of the beheading of a 19-year-old in Syria, where the jihadist is currently ...In Muslim Kosovo, Lingering Jews Stake […]
- Pakistan, Kosovo heads of state hold first-ever meeting - Daily Times 29/08/2014
- Man Shot Dead in Woods in Northern Kosovo 29/08/2014A Kosovo Albanian has been killed and two others were wounded in the forests in Kosovo, allegedly by a person in a Serbian army uniform.
- Ex-Yugoslav Presidents Sign Missing Persons Declaration 29/08/2014The presidents of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Montenegro and Serbia signed a landmark declaration aimed at speeding up the search for people still missing from the 1990s conflicts.
- Serbia Denies Avoiding Prosecutions of Top Officials 29/08/2014Serbian war crimes prosecutor Vladimir Vukcevic denied allegations that Belgrade was not prosecuting high-ranking war crimes suspects, arguing that it was the Hague Tribunal’s job.
- Bulgaria Accuses Russia of Waging 'Information War' 29/08/2014Defence Ministry report says Bulgaria is in an information war with Russia, as the Kremlin strives to regain its lost influence in the former Soviet bloc.
- War Crimes Court in Focus at UN Kosovo Debate 29/08/2014At Friday's UN session on Kosovo, the formation of a special court to try war crimes committed by Kosovo Albanian fighters in the 1990s will be on the agenda.
- Merkel Hails Progress in Balkan Cooperation 29/08/2014At the end of the West Balkan leaders' summit in Berlin, the German Chancellor praised leaders for working together more closely - and said their countries are on the right track in terms of eventual EU membership.
- Kosovo Protesters Stop Serbs From Attending Church 29/08/2014Several hundred Kosovo Albanians protesting about missing persons from the conflict of the 1990s prevented a busload of Serbs from attending a church service in western Kosovo.
- US Embassy Enters Romanian Feud Over Mayors 29/08/2014The American embassy has joined critics of a new rule that allows mayors to change their party without seeking re-election first.
- Albania PM Sets October Date For Belgrade Visit 29/08/2014Albanian Prime Minister Edi Rama said on Thursday at the Balkan conference in Berlin that he will visit a Belgrade at the end of October.
- Croatia to Slap Taxes on Savings and Property 29/08/2014Croatia's centre-left government has decided to tax people's savings and property in the latest measure aimed at cutting the yawning budget deficit.
- Albanian Car Bomb Kills Businessman 28/08/2014A car bomb exploded early on Thursday in the southern port of Vlora, killing a local businessman and injuring two other people.
- Balkan Leaders in Berlin Pledge to Work Together 28/08/2014Balkan economy and finance ministers meeting in Berlin have agreed that their countries must jointly resolve economic issues that trouble the region.
- Balkan States ‘Not Doing Enough’ About Missing Serbs 28/08/2014The Serbian missing persons commission said former Yugoslav countries should do more to find and return the bodies of several thousand Serbs still missing since the 1990s wars.
- Sarajevo Commemorates Deadly Market Massacre 28/08/2014Victims, politicians and ordinary Sarajevans marked the 19th anniversary of the wartime attack that killed 34 civilians and injured many more at the Markale open-air market in the capital.
- Serbia Reinforces Border After Policeman's Killing 28/08/2014Serbian Interior Minister says he is sending fresh police officers to the Kosovo border following the death of an officer who was shot near the border, allegedly by illegal loggers.
- Man Shot Dead in Woods in Northern Kosovo 29/08/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO