PRISTINA, KOSOVO — Twelve years on from the start of weeks of Nato bombing raids against Serbia, military planners enforcing the no-fly zone over Colonel Gaddafi’s Libya can learn valuable lessons from the air campaign against Belgrade … the immediate effect, at least in the case of Serbia, was devastating as security forces loyal to the former Serb president Slobodan Milosevic used the Nato raids as cover for the mass expulsions of hundreds of thousands of Kosovo Albanians into neighbouring countries and to commit a number of atrocities. Almost 2,000 people – mostly ethnic Albanians – are still missing after disappearing during the conflict … the generals have failed to prepare for what follows the initial and inevitable military victory … read more at THE INDEPENDENT
Search NEWS > KOSOVO
- Kosovo Press Review- December 10, 2013 - Balkan Insight 10/12/2013Kosovo Press Review- December 10, 2013Balkan InsightThe Croatian company 'Zagorje Tehno Beton' has won a tender by the European Commission worth seven million euro, but has not completed work on the ground, Zeri writes. The Kosovo daily underlines works on building new schools and sports arenas in ...Kosovo Deputy PM: Mayors of Serb-majority munici […]
- Kosovo's Digital Diplomats - by Philip Boyes - Foreign Policy (blog) 06/12/2013Kosovo's Digital Diplomats - by Philip BoyesForeign Policy (blog)There's certainly plenty for Kosovo to fight for. Five years after unilaterally declaring independence from Serbia and being recognized by 106 U.N. members, Kosovo is still struggling for acceptance by the likes of Russia, China, India, and many other ...
- Albania extradites robbery suspect to Kosovo - New Zealand Herald 09/12/2013Albania extradites robbery suspect to KosovoNew Zealand HeraldPRISTINA, Kosovo (AP) The European Union rule of law mission in Kosovo says a man suspected of stealing more than 1.1 million euros' ($1.5 million) worth of luxury watches in Bahrain has been extradited from Albania to Kosovo. The ethnic Albanian ...
- Thieves opened fire on returnees in the village of Kos in Kosovo - InSerbia News 10/12/2013InSerbia NewsThieves opened fire on returnees in the village of Kos in KosovoInSerbia NewsThey were noticed when they tried to commit theft in the yard of Milan Savic, when they opened automatic fire. Kosovo police immediately after the call went to the scene and conducted an investigation. Villagers do not trust Kosovo police because, as ...
- CEC announces final results of the second round of Kosovo local elections - InSerbia News 10/12/2013InSerbia NewsCEC announces final results of the second round of Kosovo local electionsInSerbia NewsDemocratic Party of Kosovo (DPK) won power in 11 municipalities, but considering that Eulex denied the request for Sami Ljustaku to take an oath before members of the Srbica municipal council as the winner of local elections, DPK is regarded as the ...
- Kosovo's cinemas reopen with Kaplanoglu's Bal - www.worldbulletin.net 10/12/2013www.worldbulletin.netKosovo's cinemas reopen with Kaplanoglu's Balwww.worldbulletin.netSemih Kaplanoglu's award-winning film 'Bal', a successful example of the rising Turkish movie sector, reopened the cinemas in Kosovo's capital city Prizren, which have been closed since 1998. Bal, which was awarded the Golden Bear award in the […]
- Kosovo Press Review- December 9, 2013 - Balkan Insight 09/12/2013Kosovo Press Review- December 9, 2013Balkan InsightPolitical parties in Kosovo are interested to have electoral reforms without changes in constitution, Tribuna reports. According to the Kosovo daily, the reforms have to be conducted by January so the country can be ready for parliamentary elections in ...
- EU integration: progress reports for Albania, Serbia, Kosovo, Iceland - European Parliament (press release) 05/12/2013EU integration: progress reports for Albania, Serbia, Kosovo, IcelandEuropean Parliament (press release)Foreign affairs MEPs called on Thursday on the Council to grant Albania EU candidate status without undue delay. In separate resolutions, they also assessed last year's progress by Serbia, Kosovo and Iceland. While stressing their commitment to the .. […]
- MIA office in Kosovo to be terminated on December 31 - InSerbia News 09/12/2013InSerbia NewsMIA office in Kosovo to be terminated on December 31InSerbia NewsBELGRADE – The Serbian government issued instructions on Monday to the Ministry of Internal Affairs (MUP) on Monday to regulate the status of its employees living on the territory of Kosovo-Metohija (KiM) within the process of implementation of the ...
- Edgar Lungu holds talks with Kosovo counterpart - Zambia Daily Mail (blog) 08/12/2013Edgar Lungu holds talks with Kosovo counterpartZambia Daily Mail (blog)And speaking after the meeting, Mr Lungu said the meeting was insightful but says the Zambian government will thoroughly discuss and clear all the grey areas before any decision can be made over Kosovo. Mr Lungu says he will table the issues discussed ...
- Kosovo Press Review- December 10, 2013 - Balkan Insight 10/12/2013
- Serbia and Montenegro PMs Hail Improved Ties 10/12/2013On his first visit to Belgrade in over ten years, the Prime Minister of Montenegro, and his Serbian host, agreed that relations are now on an upward trend.
- Bosniak Fighters Demand Acquittals Over Serb Killings 10/12/2013Four former Bosniak Territorial Defence fighters accused of attacking the village of Serdari in 1992, when 16 Serb civilians were killed, called for not guilty verdicts as their trial concluded.
- NATO Gives Montenegro's Meaty Symbol its Blessing 10/12/2013Montenegro's famous prsut - prosciutto - has been awarded a prized certificate by NATO, which means that the national delicacy will feature on the menu of NATO troops serving in the region.
- Indicted Kosovo Mayor’s Release Plea Hits Stalemate 10/12/2013War crimes defendant Sami Lushtaku, who was recently re-elected mayor of the Kosovo municipality of Skenderaj/Srbice, has again been denied temporary release in order to be sworn in.
- Serbian Party Reminds Merkel of German Bombs 10/12/2013The United Serbia party said it planned to send German Chancellor Angela Merkel a picture of a WWII German bomb found in Belgrade - to remind her of her country's aggression towards Serbs and get her to change her attitude towards Serbia.
- Balkan Economies Recovering, World Bank 10/12/2013The South East Europe region exited recession in the first half of 2013, led by strong growth in exports, a report by the World Bank presented on Monday in Tirana says.
- Bosnia's Lost EU Funds Redirected to Kosovo 10/12/2013Lack of progress in reforms lost Bosnia 45 million euro in EU pre-accession funds in 2013, part of which will be redirected to Kosovo instead.
- UK Pizza Boss Hungry for East European Migrants 10/12/2013Domino’s Pizza CEO said that more migrants should be allowed into the UK as they take low-paid jobs that people in Britain spurn.
- Albania Charges Former Defence Minister 10/12/2013The government on Monday charged former defence minister Arben Imami with abuse of power, embezzlement of state funds and breaking tendering rules.
- Yugoslav Commander ‘Didn’t Attack Kosovo Villages’ 10/12/2013The former driver for a Yugoslav military commander charged with war crimes over killings in Kosovo villages in 1999 said that his chief was not there when two of the attacks took place.
- Romanian Police Stop Greens' Ironic Gold Dig 10/12/2013Police stopped a group of Greenpeace activists from 'digging for gold' in the yard of the Romanian parliament in protest against a planned gold mine in Transylvania.
- Tensions in Serbian Ruling Party Burst Open 10/12/2013An MP of the ruling Progressive Party has accused the party leader, Aleksandar Vucic, of behaving like an autocrat, adding that he would take part in the forthcoming contest for a new party leadership.
- Serbia and Montenegro PMs Hail Improved Ties 10/12/2013
Feedburner NEWS KOSOVO
- Indictments on Organ Trading against Citizens from Turkey and Israel
- Inauguration of Kosovo War Crimes Institute
- Kosovo Liberation Day
- Kosovo PM Thaci to be investigated on Marty Report allegations
- Kosovo-Serbia Talks postponed
- Corruption at Kosovo customs and PTK
- Andorra recognized Kosovo
- Explosion in "Ferronikel" Company
We need your help !If you want to write constructive critically on any issue regarding the Republic of Kosovo, please contact email@example.com
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!