PRISTINA, KOSOVO — Twelve years on from the start of weeks of Nato bombing raids against Serbia, military planners enforcing the no-fly zone over Colonel Gaddafi’s Libya can learn valuable lessons from the air campaign against Belgrade … the immediate effect, at least in the case of Serbia, was devastating as security forces loyal to the former Serb president Slobodan Milosevic used the Nato raids as cover for the mass expulsions of hundreds of thousands of Kosovo Albanians into neighbouring countries and to commit a number of atrocities. Almost 2,000 people – mostly ethnic Albanians – are still missing after disappearing during the conflict … the generals have failed to prepare for what follows the initial and inevitable military victory … read more at THE INDEPENDENT
- Alaska paratroopers are headed to Kosovo for peacekeeping mission - Alaska Dispatch 20/09/2014Alaska paratroopers are headed to Kosovo for peacekeeping missionAlaska DispatchAbout 350 paratroopers with the 1-40th Cavalry Squadron, 4th Brigade Combat Team (Airborne), 25th Infantry Division are leaving for Kosovo later this month to join the NATO-led Kosovo Force in ongoing peacekeeping operations. Kosovo declared ...and more »
- Kosovo 'imams held' in raids on Islamic State recruitment - BBC News 17/09/2014BBC NewsKosovo 'imams held' in raids on Islamic State recruitmentBBC NewsFifteen people have been detained in Kosovo in an operation aimed at tackling recruitment of fighters for Islamic State (IS) in Syria and Iraq. Among them are several imams, including the head of Pristina's Grand Mosque, Shefqet Krasniqi, local reports ...Kosovo Arrests S […]
- Kurti asks Pope Francis to recognize Kosovo - Albeu.com 21/09/2014Albeu.comKurti asks Pope Francis to recognize KosovoAlbeu.comThe leader of "Vetevendosje"Albin Kurti, sent a letter to Pope Francis where he urged Vatican to recognize the state of Kosovo. He said the recognition by the Holy See will further strengthen the people of Kosovo and would also strengthen the ties with ...
- Shepherding in the new Kosovo - BBC News 04/09/2014Shepherding in the new KosovoBBC NewsThe houses were all empty. As our car rattled around increasingly vertiginous turns through southern Kosovo's Šar Mountains, our driver pointed out nearby villages, each a haphazard cluster of homes dotting the golden-brown heath. None, he said, had ...
- Djuric: Return of displaced to Kosovo unsatisfactory - InSerbia News 21/09/2014Djuric: Return of displaced to Kosovo unsatisfactoryInSerbia NewsThe efforts related to the return of displaced persons to Kosovo-Metohija must be doubled, and ensuring the return of at least some of the more than 247,000 persons to the province is a great responsibility, Djuric told a press conference in Kosovska ...
- Kosovo officially a member of EHF, host European Junior Championship - InSerbia News 21/09/2014Kosovo officially a member of EHF, host European Junior ChampionshipInSerbia NewsMember states of the EHF, at their congress in Dublin, made the decision to include Handball Federation of Kosovo in the organization. This means that all selections of the new member state can participate in competitions under the auspicies of the EHF.and more »
- Source: Ria novosti, Tanjug - B92 19/09/2014Source: Ria novosti, TanjugB92Ok but also tell that to clueless media that ignorantly refer to "kosovo" was a country without mentioning the fact that China, Russia, India, 5 EU provinces among others do not recognize your illusions of what you believe your status is. No UN ...Kosovo joins sanctions against Russia over UkraineITAR-TASSKosovo Joins […]
- "Kosovo to introduce sanctions against Russia" - B92 13/09/2014Albeu.com"Kosovo to introduce sanctions against Russia"B92"Kosovo to introduce sanctions against Russia". Source: Tanjug. PRIŠTINA -- The government in Priština led by outgoing Prime Minister Hashim Thaci "plans to introduce sanctions against Russia," according to media reports.Feature: Multiethnic school portraits example of co […]
- Kosovo wants to play - Osservatorio Balcani e Caucaso 19/09/2014Osservatorio Balcani e CaucasoKosovo wants to playOsservatorio Balcani e CaucasoThe Kosovo judoka, Majlinda Kelmendi, has proven that sometimes athletes can improve the image of their country more than traditional diplomacy. In 2013, Majlinda won the gold medal in Brazil, giving Kosovo the first ever sport world title. The heroine ...
- The Hidden Growth of Islamic Extremism in Kosovo - New Eastern Europe 22/08/2014The EconomistThe Hidden Growth of Islamic Extremism in KosovoNew Eastern EuropeKosova independence Vienna 17-02-2008 b The recent arrest of 40 alleged Islamic radicals in Kosovo together with the arrest of one of the Kosovo Imams suspected of being an inspirer of jihad in the region brought serious questions about the ...Islamic radical networks in Kosovo, W […]
- Alaska paratroopers are headed to Kosovo for peacekeeping mission - Alaska Dispatch 20/09/2014
- Albanians Declare 'Republic' in Macedonia 19/09/2014A small crowd of ethnic Albanians gathered on Thursday in Skope to hear an ex-politician proclaim the 'Republic of Ilirida' - but few Macedonians are taking it that seriously, so far.
- Bulgaria Accused of Expelling Syrian Refugees 19/09/2014Bulgarian border police have in the past month forced Syrian asylum seekers back to Turkey and beaten some of them, Human Rights Watch said.
- Croatia to Sell Off Ailing State Airline 19/09/2014Croatia's government plans to end the years-long financial agony of the state owned-airline company by putting it up for sale.
- Bosnian Serb Soldier Jailed for Raping Teenager 19/09/2014Former Bosnian Serb Army soldier Dusko Solesa was sentenced to six years in prison for raping the teenage girl in the Bihac municipality in north-west Bosnia in 1992.
- World War I Takes Centre Stage at BITEF 19/09/2014The conflagration that began with the assassination in Sarajevo will be a major theme at the 48th Belgrade Theatre Festival.
- Montenegro Takes no Chances Over Ebola 19/09/2014Montenegro has formed an expert team to deal with cases of the deadly infectious Ebola disease - although none have been reported as yet.
- Bosnia Indicts Serb Policemen for Srebrenica Genocide 19/09/2014The Bosnian prosecution filed an indictment against former Bosnian Serb police officers Miodrag Josipovic and Branimir Tesic for assisting the genocide in Srebrenica in July 1995.
- Croatia Woos America's Silicon Valley Giants 19/09/2014Croatian Prime Minister Zoran Milanovic is to meet heads of some of the biggest IT companies in the US - all part of his ambition to create Croatia's own version of Silicon Valley.
- Albanian Tourist Bosses Eye Windfall from Papal Visit 19/09/2014The Pope's visit will change negative stereotypes about Albania as poor and backward and should encourage more people to visit in the future, tourist officials hope.
- US Officials Slate Bosnian Politicians Over Floods 19/09/2014Two top US officials in Bosnia have torn strips off Bosnia's political class, saying they did little or nothing to help victims of the May floods.
- Romanian Church Offers Loans To Believers 19/09/2014Romania’s influential Orthodox Church has set up a financial institution that will offer small loans to clergy and believers.
- Serbia Decides to Cut Pensions and Salaries 19/09/2014Serbia's Prime Minister says pensions and salaries in the public sector must be cut as a part of a package of government austerity measures.
- Montenegro to Jail Fighters in Foreign Wars 19/09/2014Montenegro plans to jail citizens who take part in foreign conflicts - and those who recruit them - for five to ten years.
- Bosnian Serbs ‘Beaten, Starved’ in Hadzici Jail Camps 19/09/2014Former prisoners said that Serbs held by Bosniak forces in detention centres in Hadzici near Sarajevo during wartime were beaten up and starved.
- Belgrade Eyes a High-Rise Future 19/09/2014The capital’s assembly has cancelled the ban on skyscraper construction, opening the way for the showpiece Belgrade Waterfront project and for other investors to transform the city’s landscape.
- Albanians Declare 'Republic' in Macedonia 19/09/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO