PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The OSCE says courts in Kosovo are failing to appropriately judge cases involving divorce and foster children … this failure violates the legal framework in Kosovo ++ On March 24th, Kosovo will mark the twelfth anniversary of the 1999 NATO air strikes against the regime of Slobodan Milosevic. This year, however, the occasion has new significance … ++ There can’t be talks between Pristina and Belgrade without first agreeing on the history of their conflict … Belgrade and Pristina should agree that Ibrahim Rugova and Zoran Djindjic are to be recognized both as heroes against Serb fascism …
- Once Ignored, Kosovo Exits Sports Limbo - New York Times 16/12/2014New York TimesOnce Ignored, Kosovo Exits Sports LimboNew York TimesPEJA, Kosovo — Up a steep hill on a narrow, unlit road in this town near the Montenegrin border, the Toni Kuka Judo School was filled with the smell of sweat, smoke and winter. Inside, 26 judo practitioners, or judokas, dressed in blue or white ...
- Hungary becomes new hot spot into Western Europe for migrants from Kosovo ... - Fox News 19/12/2014Fox NewsHungary becomes new hot spot into Western Europe for migrants from Kosovo ...Fox NewsComing from as far away as Afghanistan and Syria and as near as Kosovo and Albania, thousands of irregular migrants a week are crossing into Hungary and requesting asylum, turning the country into a new hot spot in a transit route into the EU.and more »
- Kosovo's Thaci: EU's Mogherini Needed for Serbia Talks to Succeed - Wall Street Journal (blog) 18/12/2014Wall Street Journal (blog)Kosovo's Thaci: EU's Mogherini Needed for Serbia Talks to SucceedWall Street Journal (blog)Federica Mogherini, the European Union's foreign-policy chief, must stay directly involved in talks between Kosovo and Serbia if the dialogue is to succeed, Hashim Thaci, the country's foreign minister, said Thursday. To lo […]
- Kosovo: Members of Drenica Group released pending trial - InSerbia News 20/12/2014InSerbia NewsKosovo: Members of Drenica Group released pending trialInSerbia NewsPRISTINA – Members of the Drenica Group who are charged with war crimes committed against civilians in the prison camp of former (ethnic Albanian paramilitary unit) Kosovo Liberation Army in 1998 have been released pending trial, Pristina media ...
- HILLSBOROUGH: To Kosovo, with love, at holidays - Packet Online 19/12/2014Packet OnlineHILLSBOROUGH: To Kosovo, with love, at holidaysPacket OnlineThe five Army soldiers are among the 7,000 U.S. peacekeeping personnel serving as part of a NATO force following Kosovo's independence from Serbia in 1999. The five are stationed at Camp Bondsteel, a facility of 955 acres located on rolling hills and ...
- Belgrade "ready to continue Kosovo dialogue" - B92 19/12/2014B92Belgrade "ready to continue Kosovo dialogue"B92Belgrade "ready to continue Kosovo dialogue". Source: Tanjug. BELGRADE -- Belgrade is ready for the continuation of the dialogue with Pristina, scheduled for early February in Brussels, the Serbian government said on Friday.
- Source: Beta, NIN - B92 19/12/2014B92Source: Beta, NINB92The EU has put Serbia in charge of Kosovo Serbs. EU made it clear if Serbia didn't campaign for Serbs to vote on republic of Kosovo ballots and participate in recent elections it would be damaging its eu chances. Not all Kosovo Serbs have severed ties ...Germany: Serbia must open chapter on KosovoAlbeu.comRisk Summary - Risk Summa […]
- Kosovo: Set Up Special Court - Human Rights Watch 16/12/2014Kosovo: Set Up Special CourtHuman Rights Watch(Brussels) – Kosovo's newly formed parliament should promptly enact the legislative and constitutional changes required for the special court on post-war atrocity crimes to function, Human Rights Watch said today. Kosovo held parliamentary elections on ...EU urged to widen Kosovo mission graft probeJournal o […]
- Mogherini "should participate in Kosovo dialogue" - B92 19/12/2014B92Mogherini "should participate in Kosovo dialogue"B92Mogherini "should participate in Kosovo dialogue". Source: Tanjug. PRIŠTINA -- Kosovo Foreign Minister Hashim Thaci says EU High Representative Federica Mogherini should be included in the dialogue between Belgrade and Pristina.
- IOC grants full Olympic recognition to Kosovo - USA TODAY 09/12/2014USA TODAYIOC grants full Olympic recognition to KosovoUSA TODAYMONACO (AP) — Athletes from Kosovo will be able to compete at the 2016 Summer Games after being granted full recognition on Tuesday by the International Olympic Committee. The full IOC formally ratified a decision made in October by the executive ...Kosovo to compete in Olympics at Rio 2016 after […]
- Once Ignored, Kosovo Exits Sports Limbo - New York Times 16/12/2014
- Albanian Police Arrest Asylum Tricksters 19/12/2014Police have arrested five people in Vlora, accused of conning hundreds of Albanians with false promises of economic asylum in Germany.
- Kosovo, Serbia Ready to Resume EU Talks 19/12/2014After months of delay, Kosovo and Serbia are willing to continue the EU-mediated dialogue early next year in Brussels.
- Kosovo ‘Drenica Group’ Guerrillas Released on Bail 19/12/2014Six defendants in the high-profile ‘Drenica Group’ trial of former Kosovo Liberation Army fighters, accused of war crimes for abusing civilian prisoners, have been released on bail.
- Serbian MPs Claim Prosecutor Unlawfully Appointed 19/12/2014A group of Serbian MPs filed criminal charges against members of the State Council of Prosecutors for the alleged illegal appointment of deputy war crimes prosecutor Bruno Vekaric.
- SDA Names Bosnia's New Prime Minister 19/12/2014The main Bosniak party, the Party of Democratic Action, SDA, has named Denis Zvizdic as the next President of the Council of Ministers of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Montenegro Govt to Pay Off State TV's Debt 19/12/2014The government said it will pay off millions of euro owed by the state television service, RTCG, continuing the practice of covering the debts of troubled state-owned companies.
- Romanians Mark 1989 Revolt With Mixed Feeling 19/12/2014Romania is commemorating 25 years since the overthrow of the Communist regime, although many people say they feel nostalgic for the relative security of life in the old days.
- Zagreb Mayor Probed Over Missing 40,000 Euro 19/12/2014Milan Bandic is undergoing a new investigation, connected with the loss of some 40,000 euro on the part of the City of Zagreb.
- Albania Arrests Thieving Santa Clauses 19/12/2014Police on Wednesday said they arrested two members of a gang who robbed a Tirana mall last year disguised in Father Christmas costumes.
- Serbia Readies for OSCE Role With Russian Visit 19/12/2014Ivica Dacic, Serbia's Foreign Minister, will travel to Moscow to meet his Russian counterpart and discuss Ukraine on the eve of Serbia assuming the presidency of the OSCE.
- Mladic ‘Told Serb Troops to Act Like Knights’ 19/12/2014A defence witness at the war crimes trial of Ratko Mladic said that the former Bosnian Serb military chief ordered his men not to harm Bosniak prisoners from Srebrenica.
- Serbia Expels Arrested Falun Gong Members 18/12/2014Members of Falun Gong, arrested ahead of the China-Balkan summit in Belgrade, have been expelled from Serbia after four days in detention.
- FARC Arms Traffickers Arrested in Montenegro 18/12/2014Police in Montenegro arrested three international arms traffickers, suspected of trying to supply rebels in Colombia with weapons intended to kill Americans.
- Woman Takes Over Romania's Opposition Liberals 18/12/2014Alina Gorghiu has become the first woman to lead a large political party in Romania after taking the helm of the National Liberals from Klaus Iohannis who has become head of state.
- Ivanovic Pleads Not Guilty to War Crimes 18/12/2014Oliver Ivanovic and four other defendants pleaded not guilty to war crimes in a trial that has opened in Mitrovica, northern Kosovo.
- Albanian Police Arrest Asylum Tricksters 19/12/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO