PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The OSCE says courts in Kosovo are failing to appropriately judge cases involving divorce and foster children … this failure violates the legal framework in Kosovo ++ On March 24th, Kosovo will mark the twelfth anniversary of the 1999 NATO air strikes against the regime of Slobodan Milosevic. This year, however, the occasion has new significance … ++ There can’t be talks between Pristina and Belgrade without first agreeing on the history of their conflict … Belgrade and Pristina should agree that Ibrahim Rugova and Zoran Djindjic are to be recognized both as heroes against Serb fascism …
- Kosovo 'jihad' boy home from Syria after secret operation - BBC News 16/10/2014BBC NewsKosovo 'jihad' boy home from Syria after secret operationBBC NewsAn eight-year-old boy from Kosovo has been reunited with his mother after his jihadist father kept him for five months in Syria. Kosovo's Prime Minister, Hashim Thaci, said the country's intelligence agency had found and rescued Erion Abazi with help ...Kosovo Rescue […]
- Intelligence co-operation leads to boy's repatriation from an ISIL camp in Syria. - Southeast European Times 20/10/2014Intelligence co-operation leads to boy's repatriation from an ISIL camp in Syria.Southeast European TimesErion Zena, the 8-year-old boy who was taken to a jihad camp in Syria by his father, was returned to Kosovo and to his mother on Wednesday (October 15th). Working with regional agencies on the ground in Iraq and Syria, the Kosovo intelligence service […]
- Kosovo: 11 attacks against Serb returnees in 2014 - InSerbia News 20/10/2014InSerbia NewsKosovo: 11 attacks against Serb returnees in 2014InSerbia NewsKOSOVSKA MITROVICA – Eleven attacks against Serbs and their property have been registered this year, and the incidents are a direct attack on the process of the return of displaced persons, says Kosovo's minister for return and communities Dalibor Jevtic.
- The boy from Kosovo who grew up to be a suicide bomber - BBC News 09/10/2014BBC NewsThe boy from Kosovo who grew up to be a suicide bomberBBC NewsIn Kosovo it used to be the case that families were culturally Muslim, but rarely devout believers. Recently though some young people have become radicalised. Up to 200 are thought to be fighting in Syria and Iraq causing heartbreak for those left behind.and more »
- Mother reunited with 8-year-old son taken to Syria by his jihadi father - CTV News 17/10/2014CTV NewsMother reunited with 8-year-old son taken to Syria by his jihadi fatherCTV NewsPRISTINA, Kosovo -- It started out as a father-and-son trip to Kosovo's western mountains in July. It turned into a months-long ordeal for an 8-year-old boy who was taken to war-torn Syria by his jihadi father and only returned following a shadowy ...Kosovo thanks Tur […]
- Kosovo: Molotov cocktails, stones hurled in North Mitrovica - InSerbia News 20/10/2014InSerbia NewsKosovo: Molotov cocktails, stones hurled in North MitrovicaInSerbia NewsThe incident took place in front of the very eyes of a Kosovo police patrol which did not manage to catch perpetrators, eyewitnesses said. As for the second attack, according to security guards that were in the civil protection building at that time ...and more »
- Rocks thrown at Serb home in Kosovo town - B92 20/10/2014Rocks thrown at Serb home in Kosovo townB92Rocks thrown at Serb home in Kosovo town. Source: Tanjug. KLINA -- The home of Drago Kunić, a Serb resident of Klina, Kosovo, was has been targeted by unidentified individuals who threw stones into the windows of the house. Tweet. Head of the Peć ...
- Putin Vows To Support Serbia On Kosovo - RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty 16/10/2014Albeu.comPutin Vows To Support Serbia On KosovoRadioFreeEurope/RadioLibertyRussia angrily criticized the NATO bombing of the rump Yugoslavia in 1999 and has backed Belgrade's opposition to independence for mostly ethnic Albanian Kosovo, defying the United States and preventing Kosovo from getting a seat at the United Nations.Putin reiterates Russia […]
- Kosovo is fully behind America's fight against Isis - The Guardian 30/09/2014The GuardianKosovo is fully behind America's fight against IsisThe GuardianKosovo is a country where the majority of the population declare themselves to be Muslim. But Kosovars wholly reject the religious dogma proposed by radical strains of political Islam, and we shall not allow it to endanger our path towards eventual ...
- Why is there tension between Serbia and Albania? - euronews 17/10/2014euronewsWhy is there tension between Serbia and Albania?euronewsThe tension centres around the history of Kosovo, a disputed area between Serbia and Albania. The majority of its inhabitants are ethnic Albanians. Kosovo had enjoyed a high degree of autonomy within Serbia. But that changed in 1989 when the then ...Serbia-Albania match suspended after flag-carr […]
- Kosovo 'jihad' boy home from Syria after secret operation - BBC News 16/10/2014
- US Praises Macedonian Law to Jail Militants 20/10/2014Increased jail terms for Macedonians who fight alongside foreign paramilitary groups will aid the global battle against terrorism if the law is properly implemented, a US diplomat said.
- Bosniak Fighters Deny Serb Prisoner Abuses in Srebrenik 20/10/2014Three former Bosnian military security officials pleaded not guilty to war crimes against civilians, some of whom were allegedly tortured, in the Srebrenik municipality in 1992.
- Police Searches Continue After Zagreb Mayor Arrested 20/10/2014Croatian police have been searching homes and offices after Zagreb mayor Milan Bandic was detained in a major operation over alleged corruption and abuse of office, alongside 18 other suspects.
- Striking Serbian Lawyers Protest in Belgrade 20/10/2014Several thousand lawyers who have been on strike since the middle of September demonstrated in front of the Serbian government building in Belgrade.
- Montenegrin Serbs Allege Language Discrimination 20/10/2014Serb organisations in Montenegro urged the authorities to end what they said was discrimination against the Serbian language in the country.
- Yugoslav Spy Trial Told of ‘Double Agent Assassin’ 20/10/2014The trial of Zdravko Mustac and Josip Perkovic, former Yugoslav intelligence chiefs accused of killing a Croat émigré, heard claims that a key prosecution witness was an assassin and a German spy.
- Montenegro Opposition Pushes for War Veterans’ Rights 20/10/2014The opposition is urging parliament to give organisations representing veterans of the 1990s wars the same right to funding as those who represent World War II troops.
- Vote Count Almost Over From Bosnia's Election 20/10/2014Almost a week after the election was held, the winners and losers of the 2014 poll are becoming clearer..
- Albanian PM’s Visit to Belgrade Postponed 20/10/2014After the disruption at the Serbia-Albania football match in Belgrade, Albanian Prime Minister Edi Rama has postponed his planned visit to the Serbian capital until November.
- Zagreb Mayor Arrested for Suspected Corruption 20/10/2014Mayor Milan Bandic, who has run the Croatian capital for over a decade, was arrested for alleged corruption, abuse of office and influence peddling.
- Chinese Company to Build Romania Nuclear Reactors 20/10/2014A Chinese company is to invest in constructing two new reactors at Romania’s only nuclear power plant in a deal worth an estimated 6.5 billion euro.
- Croatian Serb Official Demands Jail Transfer from Estonia 20/10/2014Former Croatian Serb minister Milan Martic, who is serving a 35-year sentence for war crimes, wants to be moved from Estonia, where he claims that prison conditions are poor.
- Serbian Police Guards Albanian Embassy Ahead of Match 18/10/2014A heavy police presence has been deployed around the Albanian embassy in Belgrade amid fears it could be targeted by football hooligans.
- Hearings Start in Munich of Yugoslav Spy Chiefs 17/10/2014The first hearing for Zdravko Mustac and Josip Perkovic, two former Yugoslav Intelligence officers accused of killing a Croat emigre, started on Friday in Munich.
- Attacks on Albanian Shops in Serbia Condemned 17/10/2014A wave of attacks on Albanian businesses in Serbia has occurred in the wake of the disastrous Serbia-Albania football match earlier this week.
- US Praises Macedonian Law to Jail Militants 20/10/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO