PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The OSCE says courts in Kosovo are failing to appropriately judge cases involving divorce and foster children … this failure violates the legal framework in Kosovo ++ On March 24th, Kosovo will mark the twelfth anniversary of the 1999 NATO air strikes against the regime of Slobodan Milosevic. This year, however, the occasion has new significance … ++ There can’t be talks between Pristina and Belgrade without first agreeing on the history of their conflict … Belgrade and Pristina should agree that Ibrahim Rugova and Zoran Djindjic are to be recognized both as heroes against Serb fascism …
- Indebted to America, Kosovo struggles to curb Islamist recruits - Reuters 01/10/2014ReutersIndebted to America, Kosovo struggles to curb Islamist recruitsReutersSix years after independence, Kosovo is scrambling to stem the flow of Muslims to Syria and Iraq, where around 200 Kosovars are believed to have joined thousands of foreign fighters in swelling the ranks of Islamic State. Some 20 are reported to have ...Leave Kosovo out of this radi […]
- Kosovo is fully behind America's fight against Isis - The Guardian 30/09/2014The GuardianKosovo is fully behind America's fight against IsisThe GuardianFifteen years ago, leading democratic states of the world intervened against the Serbian forces of the dictator Slobodan Milosevic to stop him in his attempts to eradicate Kosovo Albanians and other minorities from their ancestral homeland. In the ...
- Kosovo president: Europe can't be 'corridor' for Islamic terror groups - Fox News 23/09/2014Fox NewsKosovo president: Europe can't be 'corridor' for Islamic terror groupsFox NewsThe possibility of ISIS terrorists from Europe returning home after training and fighting with the terror group in Syria is raising concern among European leaders. Atifete Jahjaga, president of the Republic of Kosovo, told FoxNews.com her country is ...
- Shepherding in the new Kosovo - BBC News 04/09/2014Shepherding in the new KosovoBBC NewsThe houses were all empty. As our car rattled around increasingly vertiginous turns through southern Kosovo's Šar Mountains, our driver pointed out nearby villages, each a haphazard cluster of homes dotting the golden-brown heath. None, he said, had ...
- Council of EU: Human organ trafficking trials outside Kosovo - B92 30/09/2014Council of EU: Human organ trafficking trials outside KosovoB92EULEX has the mandate to assist and support Kosovo's authorities in the fields of police, judiciary and customs, and the available budget for financing the mission by June next year amounts to around EUR 56 million, the Council of the EU stated on Monday.and more »
- Kosovo from a personal perspective - The News Hub 28/09/2014The News HubKosovo from a personal perspectiveThe News HubIt has been almost a month since I moved from Glasgow, Scotland, to Pristina, the capital of Kosovo. I have come here to complete an internship and it has been an amazing experience. I am lucky enough to be good friends with a Kosovar whom I met during ...and more »
- Alaska paratroopers are headed to Kosovo for peacekeeping mission - Alaska Dispatch 20/09/2014Alaska DispatchAlaska paratroopers are headed to Kosovo for peacekeeping missionAlaska DispatchAbout 350 paratroopers with the 1-40th Cavalry Squadron, 4th Brigade Combat Team (Airborne), 25th Infantry Division are leaving for Kosovo later this month to join the NATO-led Kosovo Force in ongoing peacekeeping operations. Kosovo declared ...and more »
- #BurnISISFlagChallenge in Kosovo - Gatestone Institute 25/09/2014Gatestone Institute#BurnISISFlagChallenge in KosovoGatestone InstituteThey said their protest [against ISIS] was directed against criminality by terrorists, not against religious feelings among ordinary Muslims. — RTK, Kosovo state broadcast. "[T]he U.S. is distrusted, disliked and even hated by all the regimes it is ...
- Kosovo 'imams held' in raids on Islamic State recruitment - BBC News 17/09/2014BBC NewsKosovo 'imams held' in raids on Islamic State recruitmentBBC NewsFifteen people have been detained in Kosovo in an operation aimed at tackling recruitment of fighters for Islamic State (IS) in Syria and Iraq. Among them are several imams, including the head of Pristina's Grand Mosque, Shefqet Krasniqi, local reports ...Kosovo Arrests S […]
- The Shortsightedness of NATO's War with Serbia Over Kosovo Haunts Ukraine - The National Interest Online (blog) 02/09/2014The National Interest Online (blog)The Shortsightedness of NATO's War with Serbia Over Kosovo Haunts UkraineThe National Interest Online (blog)Today it seems the past is just history. US president Barack Obama and secretary of state, John Kerry, have lamented the return to "19th century politics," with its outdated "spheres of influence […]
- Indebted to America, Kosovo struggles to curb Islamist recruits - Reuters 01/10/2014
- Albania Rights Groups Hail New New FOI Law 01/10/2014The new and improved law on freedom of information passed recently by Albania’s parliament should greatly improve people's access to official data, experts say.
- Kosovo Political Crisis Delays New War Crimes Court 01/10/2014While Kosovo remains without a government, the new special court to try Kosovo Liberation Army war crimes suspects cannot start work as planned in January, BIRN has learned.
- Judges Dismissed in Kosovo Politician Limaj’s Trial 01/10/2014Judges in the trial of guerrilla commander turned politician Fatmir Limaj and nine other ex-fighters accused of abuses at the wartime Klecka detention centre were disqualified after claims of bias.
- Yugoslav General Sparks Vukovar War Crimes Controversy 01/10/2014Croatian wartime officials accused former Yugoslav general Andrija Raseta of responsibility for atrocities in Vukovar in 1991 after he gave a controversial interview blaming Serb paramilitaries.
- Montenegro Gay Pride Rescheduled for October 01/10/2014The second Gay Pride parade in the Montenegrin capital, originally planned for late June, will be held "no later than November 1", the organizers have said.
- Macedonian Media in Govt's Grip, Research Says 01/10/2014New research says a range of political and financial pressures are constantly undermining the Macedonian media's freedom, independence and pluralism.
- Bosnia Politicians Getting Richer, Report Shows 01/10/2014Data compiled by the Sarajevo Center for Investigative Reporting shows politicians property portfolios have continued to grow while the population as a whole gets poorer.
- Karadzic Proclaims Innocence in Trial’s Closing Arguments 01/10/2014Former Bosnian Serb political leader Radovan Karadzic began his closing arguments at his war crimes trial in The Hague by insisting he was not guilty of masterminding atrocities including genocide.
- Balkan Countries Exploiting Planet, WWF Says 01/10/2014New WWF report takes Balkan countries to task about their impact on the world's ecological system and environment.
- Romania Orders Steeper Public Spending Cuts 01/10/2014In its second revised budget this year, the centre-left government has cut another 317 million euro, after tax receipts proved disappointing.
- Macedonia's Coal Addiction 'Shortening Lives', Report Says 01/10/2014The extensive use of coal to produce electricity is taking years off people's lives in Macedonia, a new study shows.
- Mladic Witness: Prisoners Not Persecuted in Rogatica 01/10/2014A defence witness told Ratko Mladic’s trial that non-Serb prisoners in Rogatica were not persecuted by the former Bosnian Serb military chief’s forces during wartime, as the indictment alleges.
- Kosovo No Haven for Jihadists, Thaci Says 30/09/2014Writing in the UK ‘Guardian’, the Kosovo leader has slated claims that the country is becoming a base for Islamists.
- Kosovars Petition Against Hike in Power Bills 30/09/2014Over 30,000 people Kosovo have signed a petition opposing rises in energy prices, while civic society groups warns of street protests if the petition wins no response.
- Serbia ‘Slow to Prosecute War Crimes’, Report Says 30/09/2014The number of war crimes and victims far outweigh the amount of prosecutions in Serbia over the past decade, while top officials are still evading justice, a new report said.
- Albania Rights Groups Hail New New FOI Law 01/10/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO