PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The OSCE says courts in Kosovo are failing to appropriately judge cases involving divorce and foster children … this failure violates the legal framework in Kosovo ++ On March 24th, Kosovo will mark the twelfth anniversary of the 1999 NATO air strikes against the regime of Slobodan Milosevic. This year, however, the occasion has new significance … ++ There can’t be talks between Pristina and Belgrade without first agreeing on the history of their conflict … Belgrade and Pristina should agree that Ibrahim Rugova and Zoran Djindjic are to be recognized both as heroes against Serb fascism …
- Kosovo to vote on allowing EU court enquiry into organ harvesting - euronews 19/04/2014euronewsKosovo to vote on allowing EU court enquiry into organ harvestingeuronewsKosovo's Prime Minister Hashim Thaci, visiting the war graves of KLA fighters in the capital, Pristina, has said he will call parliament to vote on the creation of an EU-backed special court. It will be charged with investigating claims that ethnic ...Kosovo prime minister […]
- US ambassador to Kosovo hired by construction firm he lobbied for - The Guardian 14/04/2014The GuardianUS ambassador to Kosovo hired by construction firm he lobbied forThe GuardianA US ambassador to Kosovo, who lobbied for the construction of a $1bn road through the war-torn country, has taken up a post with the American construction giant that secured the lucrative contract. Christopher Dell, a career diplomat nominated by ...and more »
- Mentors for youth at home and in Kosovo - DVIDS 19/04/2014Mentors for youth at home and in KosovoDVIDSCAMP BONDSTEEL, Kosovo—Taking time out from regular duties and interacting with local high school student is a beneficial and mutual change for members of the Multinational Battle Group-East (MNBG-E) at Camp Bondsteel. Assisting in teaching English ...
- "Court is insult to Kosovo, but vote to establish it" - B92 18/04/2014"Court is insult to Kosovo, but vote to establish it"B92According to Albanian language media in Priština, EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Catherine Ashton has confirmed that she received a letter sent by Kosovo President Atifete Jahjaga proposing the establishment of the ...
- AP Exclusive: EU to Set up Court for Kosovo Crimes - ABC News 04/04/2014RT (blog)AP Exclusive: EU to Set up Court for Kosovo CrimesABC NewsThe court is to be symbolically seated in Kosovo, but most key proceedings such as hearing witness testimony would take place in the Netherlands, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal has yet to be approved by Kosovo's ...Kosovo: European Union Plans War […]
- Serbs denied visit to Kosovo town on Good Friday - B92 18/04/2014Serbs denied visit to Kosovo town on Good FridayB92Serbs denied visit to Kosovo town on Good Friday. Source: Tanjug. BELGRADE -- Serbs driven out of Đakovica in Kosovo sent a protest to the Priština authorities for not being allowed to visit their town and property on Good Friday. Tweet. "The Serbs ...and more »
- Don't use our case to justify Crimea, Kosovo PM tells Russia - Reuters 27/03/2014RTDon't use our case to justify Crimea, Kosovo PM tells RussiaReutersRussian leader Vladimir Putin has criticised Western nations for what he called hypocrisy, saying they had endorsed Kosovo's right to self-determination and independence from Serbia but now deny Crimeans the right to leave Ukraine. Thaci, who led armed ...Exposed: Obama states Kos […]
- More on Crimea, Kosovo, and the morality of secession - Washington Post 28/03/2014B92More on Crimea, Kosovo, and the morality of secessionWashington PostIlya Somin, a professor at George Mason Law School argued in the Washington Post on Monday that Crimea does not meet the same ethical tests as Kosovo because, unlike in Kosovo, Crimeans have not been outwardly threatened with physical harm.Moscow astonished by Obama's claims that dec […]
- NATO opens Kosovo airspace to civilian overflights after 15 years - Reuters 04/04/2014Aviation International NewsNATO opens Kosovo airspace to civilian overflights after 15 yearsReutersThere are regular civilian flights to Pristina, Kosovo's capital, but private airliners have been barred from using the so-called "upper" airspace since NATO took over responsibility for policing it at the end of the Kosovo war in 1999. The upper […]
- A mentor for youth at home and in Kosovo - DVIDS 17/04/2014A mentor for youth at home and in KosovoDVIDSCapt. Allen Jones (front row, second from the right), the legal assistant and claims attorney for the Multinational Battle Group-East (MNBG-E), poses with students from the municipality of Ferizaj/Urosevac, Kosovo. Jones and other soldiers from the ...
- Kosovo to vote on allowing EU court enquiry into organ harvesting - euronews 19/04/2014
- Accused Serbian Tycoon Asks to Travel Abroad 18/04/2014At his trial in Belgrade for fraud, accused Delta Group owner Miroslav Miskovic asked to be allowed to travel abroad, as his business was suffering because he was 'sitting in Serbia'.
- Kosovo Catholics Prepare for Easter Celebration 18/04/2014Although only a small minority in Kosovo, the Catholic community is getting ready to participate in full in ceremonies celebrating Easter.
- Bosniak Woman Recalls Husband’s Abduction by Serb Fighters 18/04/2014A Bosniak woman told the war crimes trial of three former Bosnian Serb fighters that her husband was taken from a primary school in Kalinovik in 1992 and killed.
- Bosniak Soldier Jailed for Jablanica Woman’s Murder 18/04/2014Former Bosnian Army serviceman Zehrudin Scuk was sentenced to six years in prison for killing a female civilian in the village of Krkaca near Jablanica in 1993.
- PM Bribe Claim Electrifies Macedonian Election 17/04/2014After the Macedonian opposition on Thursday released a phone recording - on which it claims Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski can be heard discussing the illegal sale of a bank to a Serbian businessman for a bribe - the ruling party dismissed the tape, saying the voice was clearly not Gruevski's.
- Belgrade Campaigns for Kosovo Serb Politician’s Release 17/04/2014The Serbian government and the political party of detained Kosovo Serb leader Oliver Ivanovic, who is accused of war crimes, have launched a petition demanding his release.
- Kosovo Appoints Diplomatic Chief For Montenegro 17/04/2014Four years after official Pristina and Podgorica established diplomatic relations, Kosovo has finally appointed a diplomatic representative in Montenegro.
- Croatia President: All War Crimes Must Be Punished 17/04/2014President Ivo Josipovic said that many war crimes still remain unprosecuted, sending the wrong message to Croatian society and to future generations.
- Macedonia PM Accused of Bribery Over Bank Sale 17/04/2014Amid a tense election campaign in Macedonia, the main opposition party has claimed that the Prime Minister expedited the sale of bank to a shady Serbian businessman for a hefty bribe.
- Pro-Russian Separatists in Moldova Alarm Romania 17/04/2014After Moldova’s breakaway Transnistria region on Wednesday sought to join Russia, Romania's President repeated that Romania firmly upholds Moldova's territorial integrity.
- Serbian Companies in Restructuring Heavily in Debt 17/04/2014Serbian companies undergoing restructuring owe 1.5 billion euro to state creditors alone, World Bank official Dusko Vasiljevic warned, increasing the risk of them going bankrupt.
- Bob Dylan Hate Charge against Croats Dismissed 17/04/2014A Paris court has dismissed a case against the US musician, which accused him of incitement to hatred over a 2012 interview in which he was quoted comparing Croats to Nazis.
- Former Yugoslav Royals Demand Montenegro Property Return 17/04/2014The Karadjordjevic family, descendants of Yugoslavia’s former royals, hopes that Montenegro will follow the example of Serbia and return property confiscated by the communists after WWII.
- Bosnian Serb ‘Blue Eagles’ Fighter Denies Killings 17/04/2014Former fighter Milun Kornjaca, accused of the imprisonment, torture and murder of Bosniaks in the Cajnice area in 1992, told the court that he had nothing to do with any of the crimes.
- Bosnian Croat’s Prozor Murder and Torture Trial Opens 17/04/2014Former Croatian Defence Council fighter Nikola Maric is accused of involvement in the detentions, persecution and killings of Bosniaks in the Prozor area in 1992 and 1993.
- Accused Serbian Tycoon Asks to Travel Abroad 18/04/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO