PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The OSCE says courts in Kosovo are failing to appropriately judge cases involving divorce and foster children … this failure violates the legal framework in Kosovo ++ On March 24th, Kosovo will mark the twelfth anniversary of the 1999 NATO air strikes against the regime of Slobodan Milosevic. This year, however, the occasion has new significance … ++ There can’t be talks between Pristina and Belgrade without first agreeing on the history of their conflict … Belgrade and Pristina should agree that Ibrahim Rugova and Zoran Djindjic are to be recognized both as heroes against Serb fascism …
- Letter from Kosovo: disarray in the heart of the Balkans - New Statesman 27/11/2014New StatesmanLetter from Kosovo: disarray in the heart of the BalkansNew StatesmanKosovo has been without a government since the inconclusive general election six months ago; yet the remarkable thing is how little difference this has made. The other remarkable thing is that the foreigners who exercise real influence here – the ...
- "Kosovo will soon have its army" - B92 26/11/2014"Kosovo will soon have its army"B92According to him, "at one of the first sessions upon its constitution" the Kosovo assembly will adopt a decision to transform the Security Force into "the army of Kosovo." In an interview published by the Priština-based Albanian-language daily Epoka e ...
- Kosovo will soon have its army - Journal of Turkish Weekly 27/11/2014Kosovo will soon have its armyJournal of Turkish WeeklyThe transformation of the Kosovo Security Forces into the Army of Kosovo has no other alternative now. The new parliament of Kosovo will vote the formation of Armed Forces immediately after it's constituted. This was said by institutional and military ...and more »
- Kosovo parties 'agree to form government' - Aljazeera.com 20/11/2014Aljazeera.comKosovo parties 'agree to form government'Aljazeera.comKosovo's two biggest parties have agreed "in principle" to form a coalition government, the president of the semi-autonomous territory has said, signalling an end to more than five months of damaging political deadlock and accusations of government ...Kosovo Leaders P […]
- Serbia-Albania row over Kosovo mars historic Rama visit - BBC News 11/11/2014BBC NewsSerbia-Albania row over Kosovo mars historic Rama visitBBC NewsThe first visit to Serbia for 68 years by an Albanian prime minister has turned into a diplomatic spat about the status of Kosovo, broadcast live on TV. Edi Rama's historic trip to Belgrade was seen as an attempt to put differences aside after a ...PMs of Albania and Serbia clash ove […]
- Alleged connections between top Kosovo politicians and assassin investigated - The Guardian 09/11/2014The GuardianAlleged connections between top Kosovo politicians and assassin investigatedThe GuardianThe move comes at a time when the EU is to send a legal expert to scrutinise the operations of the EU Rule of Law mission in Kosovo, Eulex, which is in crisis following recent allegations by a British whistleblower that it has been covering up evidence ...Koso […]
- New Kosovo adminstration expected next month - Journal of Turkish Weekly 26/11/2014New Kosovo adminstration expected next monthJournal of Turkish WeeklyKosovo President Atifete Jahjaga confirmed on Tuesday that a constitutive session of the new parliament would be held on December 8 after a meeting with the leaders of the two parties involved in the coalition - Hashim Thaci of the Democratic Party of ...
- NATO supports creation of Kosovo Army - InSerbia News 26/11/2014InSerbia NewsNATO supports creation of Kosovo ArmyInSerbia NewsBELGRADE – NATO made clear today that the transformation of the Kosovo Security Force (BSK) to the army of Kosovo is “an internal matter that concerns local institutions” and suggested that “the level of NATO involvement” in support of the KSF could be ...
- 'Don't screw up': US envoy losing patience with Kosovo political impasse - Reuters 06/11/2014'Don't screw up': US envoy losing patience with Kosovo political impasseReutersThe United States enjoys deep respect in Kosovo for leading a 1999 NATO bombing campaign to end a wave of killing and expulsions of ethnic Albanians by Serbian forces waging a two-year counter-insurgency war in the then Serbian province.US Urges Kosovo To Solve Poli […]
- Official: UN Lifts Judge's Immunity in Kosovo Case - ABC News 14/11/2014ABC NewsOfficial: UN Lifts Judge's Immunity in Kosovo CaseABC NewsThe United Nations has partially lifted an Italian judge's immunity to allow a probe into alleged corruption inside the European Union's police and justice mission in Kosovo, a senior international official in Kosovo told The Associated Press Friday ...and more »
- Letter from Kosovo: disarray in the heart of the Balkans - New Statesman 27/11/2014
- Euro Parliament Condemns ‘Warmongering’ Seselj 27/11/2014The European parliament adopted a resolution urging the Hague Tribunal to rethink its decision to temporarily release Serbian ultra-nationalist war crimes defendant Vojislav Seselj.
- No Prosecutions After Montenegro Chopper Crash Probe 27/11/2014More than three years after a helicopter crash killed three Montenegrin military pilots, an investigation found that there were no grounds to launch any criminal prosecutions.
- Croatia Probes ‘Salami King’ Over War Profiteering 27/11/2014A well-known producer of salami and other meat products, Georg ‘Djuro’ Gavrilovic, is under investigation for allegedly taking money intended for buying arms for Croatian forces in the 1990s war.
- Romania PM Plans Government Reshuffle 27/11/2014Weakened by his defeat in the presidential elections, Prime Minister Victor Ponta is trying to reshuffle the government in order to secure his position.
- Macedonia Murders Blamed on Veterans’ Traumas 27/11/2014After a recent series of murders and suicides by ex-servicemen, veterans of Macedonia’s 2001 conflict want the state to provide psychiatric help for people traumatised by war.
- Mladic Witness: Muslim Extremists Caused Prijedor Conflict 27/11/2014A defence witness at the war crimes trial of former Bosnian Serb military commander Ratko Mladic said Muslim militants started the fighting in Prijedor in spring 1992.
- Croatia Indicts Soldier for Operation Storm Killings 26/11/2014Former soldier Rajko Krickovic was charged with shooting two Serb civilians and burning another one alive in the village of Kijani after the Croatian Army’s Operation Storm in August 1995.
- New Kosovo Adminstration Expected Next Month 26/11/2014The Kosovo Assembly is to vote on a new government on December 8 after a coalition deal between the two major parties brought an end to almost six months of political stalemate.
- Republika Srpska Leader Prepares to Name PM 26/11/2014The re-elected president of Bosnia's Republika Srpska entity, Milorad Dodik, announced he would name a new prime minister this week after his bloc secured a parliamentary majority.
- Bosnia Opens Batkovic Prisoner Abuse Trial 26/11/2014Former Bosnian Serb soldier Gligor Begovic went on trial for fatal beatings and sexual abuse of prisoners at the Batkovic detention centre in the Bijeljina municipality in 1992.
- ‘Camps of Death’ Film Premieres in Bosnia 26/11/2014The new documentary contains powerful testimony from 67 wartime detention camp prisoners about the torture, murders, physical and psychological abuse that they witnessed.
- Turkey Arrests Seven for Serbia Basketball Killing 26/11/2014Police in Turkey have arrested seven people on suspicion of involvement in the killing of a Serbian basketball fan during a mass fight in Istanbul last week.
- Hague Tribunal Reveals Conditions for Seselj Release 26/11/2014The Hague Tribunal finally published the conditions for the temporary release of Serbian war crimes defendant Vojislav Seselj, while Croatia’s parliament called for him to be incarcerated again.
- Montenegro Urged to Probe Bosniak’s Torture Claims 26/11/2014Montenegrin watchdog MANS urged the authorities to investigate allegations by a Bosniak ex-prisoner who was convicted of libel after writing a book about his alleged torture in jail during wartime.
- Serbia Jails Fighter for Massacre in Croatia 26/11/2014The Belgrade appeals court jailed ex-fighter Petar Ciric for 15 years over a mass killing at Ovcara Farm near Vukovar in Croatia after the town fell to Serbian troops in 1991.
- Euro Parliament Condemns ‘Warmongering’ Seselj 27/11/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO