PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The OSCE says courts in Kosovo are failing to appropriately judge cases involving divorce and foster children … this failure violates the legal framework in Kosovo ++ On March 24th, Kosovo will mark the twelfth anniversary of the 1999 NATO air strikes against the regime of Slobodan Milosevic. This year, however, the occasion has new significance … ++ There can’t be talks between Pristina and Belgrade without first agreeing on the history of their conflict … Belgrade and Pristina should agree that Ibrahim Rugova and Zoran Djindjic are to be recognized both as heroes against Serb fascism …
- Discovery: A Clothing Shop Inspired by Hillary Clinton in Kosovo (of All Places) - Yahoo Travel 27/08/2014Yahoo TravelDiscovery: A Clothing Shop Inspired by Hillary Clinton in Kosovo (of All Places)Yahoo TravelFinally! A shop inspired by the sartorial stylings of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. (Photo: Jo Piazza). Drive down Bill Clinton Boulevard in Pristina, Kosovo's capital, and you would be hard-pressed to miss the gleaming, 10-foot-tall ...a […]
- 43 Kosovo Nationals Suspected of Islamic Radicalism Arrested Over 2-Day Span - Breitbart News 26/08/2014Breitbart News43 Kosovo Nationals Suspected of Islamic Radicalism Arrested Over 2-Day SpanBreitbart NewsOver just a two day timespan, 43 suspected jihadists were arrested in Kosovo--the landlocked southern European country that borders Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia, and Albania. Following the arrest, Kosovo President Atifete Jahjaja announced that ...
- Kosovo dialogue to continue on September 4 - B92 27/08/2014B92Kosovo dialogue to continue on September 4B92Speaking about the negotiations between Belgrade and Priština, the director of the Serbian government's Office for Kosovo and Metohija said that the dialogue is taking place "through informal consultations in the field of energy." It will continue on ...
- Serbia, Albania and Kosovo advance security co-operation - Southeast European Times 27/08/2014InSerbia NewsSerbia, Albania and Kosovo advance security co-operationSoutheast European Times"Still, contacts between the two police forces do exist, but they need to be made official through an agreement and establish co-operation mechanisms before EULEX leaves Kosovo likely in 2016," Shpen Kursani, of the Kosovo Centre for Security Studies ...Kos […]
- Jihad 'Made in Kosovo' - Deutsche Welle 24/08/2014Jewish Daily ForwardJihad 'Made in Kosovo'Deutsche WelleThe act that triggered the largest police action in Kosovo since the war in 1999 was terrible and barbaric. The Kosovar jihadist Lavdrim Muhaxeri posted before and after photos of the beheading of a 19-year-old in Syria, where the jihadist is currently ...In Muslim Kosovo, Lingering Jews Stake […]
- Flora Funds Students in Kosovo with Pretty Notebooks - Fox Business 26/08/2014Flora Funds Students in Kosovo with Pretty NotebooksFox BusinessWhat: A non-profit that sells notebooks with original artwork from students in Kosovo to support young women going to college in Eastern Europe through scholarships. For every journal sold, 40% of the profit benefits the scholarship fund; and the sale ...
- Imam arrested in Kosovo on suspicion of recruiting Islamist fighters - Reuters 14/08/2014Aljazeera.comImam arrested in Kosovo on suspicion of recruiting Islamist fightersReutersKosovo's parliament is expected to pass legislation soon banning citizens from joining foreign insurgencies, with a maximum sentence of 15 years in prison on conviction. A number of European countries including Britain, France and the Netherlands have ...Kosovo arres […]
- Pushing the Boundaries of Digital Diplomacy in Kosovo - Wired 18/08/2014WiredPushing the Boundaries of Digital Diplomacy in KosovoWiredGoogle “Kosovo”, and Petrit Selimi knows exactly what you're going to see: dry, diplo-speak scouting reports at best, and depressing references to past conflicts at worst. It's not exactly the promotional buzz a fledgling country with sights set on ...and more »
- Families seek justice for Serb victims in Kosovo - InSerbia News 27/08/2014InSerbia NewsFamilies seek justice for Serb victims in KosovoInSerbia NewsBELGRADE – The Association of Families of Kidnapped and Missing Persons in Kosovo-Metohija (KiM) presented on Tuesday to the Serbian War Crimes Prosecution the list of demands for legal actions to be taken against ethnic Albanian criminals they ...
- Kosovo: The Hidden Growth of Islamic Extremism - Center for Research on Globalization 24/08/2014Osservatorio Balcani e CaucasoKosovo: The Hidden Growth of Islamic ExtremismCenter for Research on GlobalizationThe recent arrest of 40 alleged Islamic radicals in Kosovo together with the arrest of one of the Kosovo Imams suspected of being an inspirer of jihad in the region brought serious questions about the radicalisation of Islam and terrorism in Kosovo […]
- Discovery: A Clothing Shop Inspired by Hillary Clinton in Kosovo (of All Places) - Yahoo Travel 27/08/2014
- Serbia's Richest Man Offers to Run State Company 27/08/2014Miodrag Kostic, the second richest man in the Balkans, has accepted a challenge to run one of Serbia’s indebted public companies.
- Karadzic Requests US General’s ‘Muslim Attack’ Evidence 27/08/2014Former Bosnian Serb president Radovan Karadzic has asked the Hague Tribunal to accept new evidence from a US Army cable alleging that only Bosniak troops attacked UN peacekeepers.
- Albania Starts Shifting Weapons to Iraqi Kurds 27/08/2014Tirana has started transfering large caches of weapons and ammunition to Iraqi Kurds, to help them stem the advance of Islamic State Sunni militants.
- Russians Lose Interest in Bulgarian Property 27/08/2014Sales of seaside property in Bulgaria to Russians have slumped by 30 per cent since the end of July - a fall-off ascribed in part to frayed political relations between the two countries.
- Yugoslav General to Serve War Crimes Term in Finland 27/08/2014Former Yugoslav Army general Nebojsa Pavkovic, convicted of murders and deportations in Kosovo in 1999, will serve his 22-year sentence in Finland, rather than in Serbia as Belgrade would like.
- Romania Puts Gas Price Rise on Hold 27/08/2014Romania is delaying plans to rise the price of gas for households, owing to an ongoing dispute with Brussels.
- Outlook For Bosnian Job-seekers Remains Grim 27/08/2014Tens of thousands Bosnians lost their jobs since this year began, and the latest employment figures show that the labour market remains stagnant.
- Romania-Moldova Gas Pipeline Opens 27/08/2014A new gas pipeline connecting Romania with neighbouring Moldova, to be inaugurated on Wednesday, will reducce Moldova's energy dependence on Russia.
- Albanian Media Scrum Expected For Papal Visit 27/08/2014Minister says Pope Francis’s visit to Tirana on Septembers 21 – his first trip as Pontiff to a European country - will put Albania in the international spotlight and generate enormous media coverage.
- Croatian Media 'Confusing Public' on Gay Marriage 27/08/2014The right-wing pressure group, 'In the Name of the Family, has accused the media of blurring the difference between 'gay marriage', which does not exist in Croatia, and civil partnership, which does.
- Montenegro Mulls Writing Off Debts of Poor 27/08/2014Following the example of Macedonia, Montenegro is considering writing off the debts of its poorest citizens - though some critics dismiss the plan as blatant populism.
- Accused Serb was a ‘Brave and Honourable Fighter’ 27/08/2014Former Bosnian Serb police reservist Predrag Milisavljevic’s defence argued that he should be acquitted of the murders and violent persecution of Bosniak civilians from the Visegrad area in 1992.
- Ethnic Albanian MPs Brawl in Macedonian Parliament 26/08/2014An ethnic Albanian opposition party announced it was boycotting parliament after a fist fight broke out in the chamber between one of its members and another from a rival party.
- Bosnian Serb Soldiers Tried for Raping Teenage Girl 26/08/2014Former Bosnian Serb servicemen Bosiljko and Ostoja Markovic went on trial in Sarajevo, charged with the wartime rape of a 14-year-old girl in Kotor Varos in June 1992.
- Kosovo Serb Leader Pleads Innocent to War Crimes 26/08/2014Serb political party leader Oliver Ivanovic pleaded not guilty to committing war crimes during the Kosovo conflict and inciting the murder of Albanians during clashes that erupted afterwards.
- Serbia's Richest Man Offers to Run State Company 27/08/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO