PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The OSCE says courts in Kosovo are failing to appropriately judge cases involving divorce and foster children … this failure violates the legal framework in Kosovo ++ On March 24th, Kosovo will mark the twelfth anniversary of the 1999 NATO air strikes against the regime of Slobodan Milosevic. This year, however, the occasion has new significance … ++ There can’t be talks between Pristina and Belgrade without first agreeing on the history of their conflict … Belgrade and Pristina should agree that Ibrahim Rugova and Zoran Djindjic are to be recognized both as heroes against Serb fascism …
Search NEWS > KOSOVO
- Kosovo Attains Status (on Facebook) It Has Sought for Years: Nation - New York Times 13/12/2013New York TimesKosovo Attains Status (on Facebook) It Has Sought for Years: NationNew York TimesLast month, Kosovo declared victory, after its officials said Facebook approved a number of changes, including giving users registering from the diamond-shaped area on the Balkan Peninsula the option to identify themselves as citizens of Kosovo, rather ...Source: R […]
- Kan. National Guard Soldiers Heading To Kosovo - WIBW 12/12/2013Kan. National Guard Soldiers Heading To KosovoWIBWTOPEKA, Kan. (AP) _ Approximately two dozen soldiers of the National Guard's 35th Infantry Division will soon be heading to Kosovo to fill positions in an ongoing NATO peacekeeping mission. The first of the soldiers will be honored in a departure ...and more »
- Vulin again banned from traveling to Kosovo - B92 13/12/2013Vulin again banned from traveling to KosovoB92Vulin also said that "all this violence in Kosovo" was happening because of the repeated elections, but also because of the continued dialogue in Brussels on Friday, on which the decision of the European Council about the date of the first ...
- Crimes of organ trafficking in Kosovo were proven – Vukcevic - InSerbia News 13/12/2013InSerbia NewsCrimes of organ trafficking in Kosovo were proven – VukcevicInSerbia NewsBELGRADE – Serbia's War Crimes Prosecutor Vladimir Vukcevic has said he is pleased with the course of the investigation into organ trafficking in Kosovo, adding that the investigation has proven that those crimes were committed, that they are treated ...
- Kosovo's Digital Diplomats - Foreign Policy (blog) 06/12/2013Kosovo's Digital DiplomatsForeign Policy (blog)Kosovo's Digital Diplomats. How an army of young people is convincing Facebook, Google, and other Internet giants to recognize one of the world's newest countries. BY Philip Boyes Philip Boyes is a Berlin- and Warsaw-based journalist and speechwriter.
- Office for Kosovo condemns incident in village - B92 11/12/2013Office for Kosovo condemns incident in villageB92"The Office for Kosovo and Metohija is urging the relevant bodies and international community to react and put an end to attacks on Serbs and their property in Kosovo and Metohija. We are requesting that the perpetrators of the attacks on the Obradović ...
- Journalists report attacks amid Kosovo elections - Scoop.co.nz (press release) 11/12/2013InSerbia NewsJournalists report attacks amid Kosovo electionsScoop.co.nz (press release)According to the Association of Journalists of Serbia (UNS) and the Association of Journalists of Kosovo-Metohija (DNKiM), the security guard, which the groups identified as Vladan Aksic, allegedly hit TV Puls cameraman Nenad Stankovic in front of the ...SEEMO condemns pr […]
- Kosovo Press Review – December 13, 2013 - Balkan Insight 13/12/2013Kosovo Press Review – December 13, 2013Balkan InsightThe Kosovo government aims to “smuggle” the sale of the Kosovo Post and Telecoms by approving the law on budget, Tribuna reports. The paper explains the sale of 75 per cent of the company have been put into the draft-law on budget for 2014 which was ...
- Recognition of Kosovo could be posed to Serbia as a condition for EU – Bohnet - InSerbia News 12/12/2013InSerbia NewsRecognition of Kosovo could be posed to Serbia as a condition for EU – BohnetInSerbia NewsIn connection to his previous statement that a 'creative solution' needs to be found to make it possible for Kosovo to get a chair in the UN, Bohnet said once more that this does not mean Serbia should eventually recognise Kosovo. Bohnet said that […]
- Kosovo Bound: Patch ceremony prepares Guard units for mission - Killeen Daily Herald 12/12/2013Kosovo Bound: Patch ceremony prepares Guard units for missionKilleen Daily HeraldJoining the Fort Hood unit in Kosovo will be National Guard companies from 2nd Battalion, 135th Aviation Regiment, of Pineville, La.; 248th Aviation Support Battalion, of Boone, Iowa; 2nd Battalion, 285th Aviation Regiment, of Bismarck, N.D.; and 2nd ...and more »
- Kosovo Attains Status (on Facebook) It Has Sought for Years: Nation - New York Times 13/12/2013
- Albania Police Find Bomb Near PM’s Office 13/12/2013Albanian police said they had deactivated a bomb that was found in a senior official’s car outside the government building in Tirana, where the prime minster has his office.
- Macedonia PM Denies Role in Detention Row 13/12/2013Amid concern over the possible misuse and politicisation of pre-trial detention in Macedonia, the Prime Minister told a public hearing he had never put any pressure on the courts.
- Serbia Finds Corpses in Suspected Kosovo War Grave 13/12/2013Human remains have been found in a suspected mass grave near the town of Raska where it is believed that Albanians killed by Serbian forces in the Kosovo war could be buried.
- Kosovo Police Charged With Violence Against Serbs 13/12/2013EU prosecutors in Kosovo have indicted 11 members of a special police unit for alleged violence against ten Serbs in Pristina at Orthodox Christmas in January.
- Hopes Fade of End to Bosnia School Protest 13/12/2013After negotiations with Bosnian Serb officials failed, Bosniak parents involved in the Konjevic Polje school dispute have vowed to continue their sleep-in in Sarajevo, despite the cold.
- Montenegro Sets New Date for Highway 13/12/2013After selecting a Chinese consortium to build it, Prime Minister says work on long-delayed highway should start in February.
- Priceless Macedonian Earrings Stolen from Museum 13/12/2013Four earrings, depicted on Macedonia’s national currency, are reported among the goods stolen in the devastating theft that has rocked the Museum of Macedonia.
- Kosovo No Haven for Extremists, President Says 13/12/2013Following reports of Kosovars fighting in Syria, President Atifete Jahjaga has warned that the country will not serve as a haven for any kind of extremism.
- Serbian Investigative Journalism Website Hacked 13/12/2013Unknown hackers have removed from the website a story about censorship in the media after it was discovered that the country's governor was misusing public money.
- Bosnian Army ‘Shelled Children in Srebrenica’ 13/12/2013A former Bosniak soldier told the trial of Radovan Karadzic this week that the Bosnian Army opened fire on Bosniak children who were playing football in Srebrenica in 1995.
- Final Prosecution Witness Testifies Against Mladic 13/12/2013The Hague Tribunal prosecution has called the final witness in the case against former Bosnian Serb military chief Ratko Mladic, who said the defendant did not investigate his subordinates’ crimes.
- Romanian Minister Falls on Sword in AIDS Row 13/12/2013Culture Minister Daniel Barbu quit after being slated for condemning Romania’s HIV/AIDS budget as far too gener0us - and for saying Romania was 'not like South Africa'.
- Albania Police Find Bomb Near PM’s Office 13/12/2013
Feedburner NEWS KOSOVO
- Indictments on Organ Trading against Citizens from Turkey and Israel
- Inauguration of Kosovo War Crimes Institute
- Kosovo Liberation Day
- Kosovo PM Thaci to be investigated on Marty Report allegations
- Kosovo-Serbia Talks postponed
- Corruption at Kosovo customs and PTK
- Andorra recognized Kosovo
- Explosion in "Ferronikel" Company
We need your help !If you want to write constructive critically on any issue regarding the Republic of Kosovo, please contact email@example.com
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!