PRISTINA, KOSOVO – “It is good that we have the Constitutional Court and I … will respect its decision” Pacolli said after the Court ruled that the election of the President of the Republic of Kosovo was unconstitutional ++ seemingly on Friday or on Monday next week the Assembly of Kosovo will hold a session to vote for the President of Kosovo ++ The War Veteran associations, the Assembly of students of the University of Pristina, and the NGOs network “Democracy in Action” protested yesterday in Pristina against the latest arrests of former Kosovo Liberation Army members and the arrest warrant issued against MP Fatmir Limaj ++ Between 24 March and 22 June 1999, an estimated 10,356 ethnic Albanians were killed in Kosovo during the wars in former Yugoslavia – according to victims data recently published by The Hague Tribunal – with an additional “… departure of at least 700,000 Kosovo Albanians from Kosovo in the short period of time between the end of March and beginning of June 1999” ++ read more here: News Monitor 30.03.2011, Broadcast Monitor 29.03.2011
- Kosovo: Approval of Special Court Key Step for Justice - Human Rights Watch 24/04/2014Human Rights WatchKosovo: Approval of Special Court Key Step for JusticeHuman Rights Watch(Brussels) – The Kosovo parliament's approval on April 23, 2014, of a special court for serious abuses during and after the 1998-1999 Kosovo war is a step for justice and the rule of law, Human Rights Watch said today. To make the court operational ...Kosovo Extend […]
- Kosovo parliament votes for a new war crimes court - Reuters 23/04/2014SBSKosovo parliament votes for a new war crimes courtReutersThaci, who was the political chief of the former Kosovo Liberation Army, has rejected the allegations as an attempt to tarnish KLA's reputation. On Wednesday, he said the international community was forcing Kosovo to make a very difficult decision but ...Kosovo lawmakers vote to create war crim […]
- Kosovo's diaspora unmoved by 'brain gain' fund - SciDev.Net 24/04/2014Kosovo's diaspora unmoved by 'brain gain' fundSciDev.NetKosovo broke away from Serbia in 2008, following a prolonged armed conflict involving a bombing campaign by the NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) military alliance and a wave of emigration and brain drain. The reform and updating of its weak ...and more »
- In Kosovo's capital, new mayor fights corruption – by doing his job - Christian Science Monitor 21/04/2014In Kosovo's capital, new mayor fights corruption – by doing his jobChristian Science MonitorThe former mayor of Pristina drove to work every day in a 75,000-euro ($100,000) luxury car. But after Shpend Ahmeti pulled off an electoral upset on the back of promises to improve services and expunge the corruption rampant in the Kosovo capital, ...and more » […]
- The EU in Kosovo: crime and punishment - European Voice 23/04/2014The EU in Kosovo: crime and punishmentEuropean VoiceIndeed, according to a 2012 report by the European Court of Auditors, “political interference with the judiciary remains a major problem in Kosovo [and] judges are not fully willing to render their judgments on the basis of the law only, but tend to ...
- Exchange Participants From Kosovo and Serbia Explore Ways To Grow ... - US Department of State (press release) 23/04/2014Exchange Participants From Kosovo and Serbia Explore Ways To Grow ...US Department of State (press release)Business, government, and media representatives from Kosovo and Serbia are visiting the United States looking at ways to expand their economies through tourism. The Governments of Serbia and Kosovo have identified the tourism sector as an area for ...
- Kosovo Parliament Approves War Crimes Court - Voice of America 23/04/2014Kosovo Parliament Approves War Crimes CourtVoice of AmericaKosovo's lawmakers have approved a motion for a European Union-backed special court to try ethnic Albanians accused of committing war crimes during the 1998-99 war of independence from Serbia. This follows years of pressure from the European Union ...
- Manchester United's Adnan Januzaj chooses Belgium over England and Kosovo - SkySports 23/04/2014Business RecorderManchester United's Adnan Januzaj chooses Belgium over England and KosovoSkySportsThe Belgian-born youngster had the option to represent a number of countries including Belgium, Albania, Kosovo and England. "I have received official confirmation that Adnan Januzaj has made himself available to the Belgium national team for the rest […]
- Europe's Diplomatic Triumph in Kosovo - Wall Street Journal 21/04/2014Wall Street JournalEurope's Diplomatic Triumph in KosovoWall Street JournalEurope's Diplomatic Triumph in Kosovo. Since the Balkan wars, Brussels has played a central role in reconciling Belgrade and Pristina. Email; Print. Save ↓ More. Save to ↓ More. Save ↓ More. Saved ↓ More. Please log in or register for free to use ...Kosovo "could never […]
- Kosovo: Approve Special Court for Serious Abuses - Human Rights Watch 11/04/2014Human Rights WatchKosovo: Approve Special Court for Serious AbusesHuman Rights Watch(Brussels) – Kosovo's parliament should approve the establishment of a special court located abroad to try alleged war crimes and other serious crimes committed during and after the 1998-1999 Kosovo war. The parliament should also agree to extend the ...Officials: Eulex […]
- Kosovo: Approval of Special Court Key Step for Justice - Human Rights Watch 24/04/2014
- Prisoner Recalls Beatings by Bosnian Army Soldier 25/04/2014A former detainee said he was repeatedly beaten in captivity by Nedzad Hodzic, one of two Bosniak ex-servicemen accused of wartime crimes on Mount Igman.
- Festival to Seduce Bucharest's Jazz Lovers 24/04/2014The ninth EUROPAfest festival in May will briefly transform the Romanian metropolis into the world capital of jazz, with concerts taking place all over the city.
- Election Campaigning Ceases in Macedonia 24/04/2014The pre-election silence ahead of Sunday's general and presidential elections began on Friday, overshadowed by opposition allegations of election fraud and threats that it may not recognise the result.
- Zagreb Mayor Sues Croat Prime Minister 24/04/2014Zagreb Mayor Milan Bandic has filed a suit against Prime Minister Zoran Milanovic for statements made in the 2013 local election campaign, when he accused him of corruption.
- US, Britain, Let Pavelic Escape, CIA Letter Says 24/04/2014British and US intelligence knew that the Vatican was hiding Croatia's wartime Fascist leader Ante Pacelic - but turned a blind eye, recent CIA declassified document shows.
- Bosnia Investigators Search Gorazde Police Veterans’ HQ 24/04/2014The Bosnian State Investigation and Protection Agency searched the building as part of an investigation into alleged crimes against Serbs in the area during the 1990s war.
- Alleged Kosovo Gangster Accused of Inciting Murder 24/04/2014The EU rule-of-law mission in Kosovo has charged Enver Sekiraqa, who is believed to be an international player in organized crime, with inciting the murder of a policeman in 2007.
- Serbia Welcomes New Kosovo War Crimes Court 24/04/2014Belgrade said that the establishment of a new Kosovo tribunal with international judges to prosecute war crimes was “good news” that would shift guilt away from Serbia.
- Moscow Prepares Revenge For Montenegro Sanctions 24/04/2014As a response to Montenegrin sanctions against some Russian politicians, Moscow is preparing its own counter-measures, Russian media reported on Wednesday.
- Bosnian Capital's Torched Library Reopening on Europe Day 24/04/2014Sarajevo mayor Ivo Komsic said the iconic former library, the Vijecnica, torched in the 1992-5 war, will re-open on May 9 as a city hall, library and a museum.
- Albania MP Urges New Probe Into Costly Kosovo Highway 24/04/2014Socialist MP Taulant Balla has called for a new investigation into the Albania-Kosovo highway after Balkan Insight reported that the cost of the 60km road had soared over €950 million.
- Macedonian Opposition May Dispute Election Results 24/04/2014As it heads towards likely defeat on Sunday, Macedonia's opposition Social Democratic Party said it might not recognise the results of the April 27 presidential and general elections.
- Romania Heads Into Lacklustre European Election 24/04/2014Romanians appears even less interested than usual about this year European's elections, in which standing MEPs and other friends and relatives of the elite are playing a major role.
- Two Indicted Over Kosovo War Case Secrecy Breach 24/04/2014The EU rule-of-law mission in Kosovo has indicted two suspects who allegedly violated secrecy rules in the ‘Drenica Group’ case against wartime guerrillas accused of abusing civilian prisoners.
- Dacic Tipped For Foreign Ministry in Serbia 24/04/2014As the Progressives, Socialists and the Hungarian minority party prepare to sign a deal on new government, names of candidates for cabinet posts have emerged, including Ivica Dacic's as a possible Foreign Minister.
- Prisoner Recalls Beatings by Bosnian Army Soldier 25/04/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO