PRISTINA, KOSOVO – “It is good that we have the Constitutional Court and I … will respect its decision” Pacolli said after the Court ruled that the election of the President of the Republic of Kosovo was unconstitutional ++ seemingly on Friday or on Monday next week the Assembly of Kosovo will hold a session to vote for the President of Kosovo ++ The War Veteran associations, the Assembly of students of the University of Pristina, and the NGOs network “Democracy in Action” protested yesterday in Pristina against the latest arrests of former Kosovo Liberation Army members and the arrest warrant issued against MP Fatmir Limaj ++ Between 24 March and 22 June 1999, an estimated 10,356 ethnic Albanians were killed in Kosovo during the wars in former Yugoslavia – according to victims data recently published by The Hague Tribunal – with an additional “… departure of at least 700,000 Kosovo Albanians from Kosovo in the short period of time between the end of March and beginning of June 1999” ++ read more here: News Monitor 30.03.2011, Broadcast Monitor 29.03.2011
- Gasic: Army of Kosovo would be threat to Serbia and region - InSerbia News 27/07/2014InSerbia NewsGasic: Army of Kosovo would be threat to Serbia and regionInSerbia NewsNOVI SAD – Serbian Defence Minister Bratislav Gasic stated that Serbia sees the creation of the future army of Kosovo as a threat to its stability and the stability in the region, and added that Kosovo-Metohija (KiM) remains the biggest security threat ...and more »
- Kosovo links so strong - Oldham Chronicle 25/07/2014Kosovo links so strongOldham ChronicleA DELEGATION from Kosovo met with the Mayor, Councillor Fida Hussain, to celebrate Oldham's links with the country. Kosovo has strong ties with Oldham due to the assistance given when many Kosovan refugees arrived in 1999. Osman Caka and his ...
- Kosovo expects findings of organ stealing investigation next week - Reuters 21/07/2014Kosovo expects findings of organ stealing investigation next weekReutersIts conclusions could cause waves in Kosovo, where many in power have roots in the guerrilla Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA) that took up arms against Serbian security forces in the late 1990s and eventually won military support from NATO.and more »
- Kosovo lawmakers struggle for control of parliament - Reuters UK 17/07/2014Reuters UKKosovo lawmakers struggle for control of parliamentReuters UKAn opposition bloc, supported by deputies representing some of Kosovo's ethnic minorities, elected the leader of the largest opposition party as speaker of parliament, but only after lawmakers from the party of outgoing Prime Minister Hashim Thaci ...Kosovo parliament convenes, oppos […]
- Kosovo court suspends vote on parliament speaker, crisis deepens - Reuters UK 23/07/2014Kosovo court suspends vote on parliament speaker, crisis deepensReuters UKPrime Minister Hashim Thaci's Democratic Party of Kosovo (PDK) emerged as the biggest party with 30 percent of votes, but opposition parties have joined forces in search of a majority in the 120-seat parliament to deny him a third term. Suggesting it ...and more »
- Absent Kosovo makes its presence felt at the World Cup - Al Jazeera America (blog) 01/07/2014Al Jazeera America (blog)Absent Kosovo makes its presence felt at the World CupAl Jazeera America (blog)Kosovo declared independence from Serbia in 2008 and almost immediately applied for membership of the international football organizations. Serbia, which does not recognize Kosovan independence, has opposed this at every turn. Kosovo is not a ...Kosovo pol […]
- Kosovo indicts suspected Balkan crime boss Kelmendi - Reuters Africa 04/07/2014www.worldbulletin.netKosovo indicts suspected Balkan crime boss KelmendiReuters AfricaPRISTINA (Reuters) - A Kosovo court said on Friday it had indicted suspected Balkan crime boss Naser Kelmendi, blacklisted by Washington on suspicion of trafficking drugs, for organised crime, murder and drug smuggling. Kelmendi, 56, is a Kosovo-born ...Kosovo charges Balka […]
- Step by step, Kosovo refugee rebuilds life in Montenegro - UNHCR (press release) 23/07/2014Step by step, Kosovo refugee rebuilds life in MontenegroUNHCR (press release)In 1999 he and his family fled Kosovo for Montenegro with little more than the clothes on their backs. Their belongings and documents were left behind. "We had nothing when we came to Montenegro. Luckily, food was generously provided in the camp, but I ...and more »
- Report: 70000 residents of Kosovo sought asylum in EU - B92 10/07/2014Report: 70000 residents of Kosovo sought asylum in EUB92The newspaper described this as "a cancer" when it comes to Kosovo's visa liberalization bid. "The inability to secure social safety in Kosovo" is what is prompting thousands of Kosovo residents to seek ways to move to EU member-states, in the hope ...
- New Tribunal to Prosecute Kosovo Guerrillas in 2015 - Balkan Insight 23/07/2014Balkan InsightNew Tribunal to Prosecute Kosovo Guerrillas in 2015Balkan InsightIndictments will be issued for the killings, abduction and deportation of Kosovo Serbs who were imprisoned in many KLA detention camps in Kosovo during the conflict in 1999 and later transferred to Albania, the diplomat said on condition of anonymity.Thaci won't be indicted f […]
- Gasic: Army of Kosovo would be threat to Serbia and region - InSerbia News 27/07/2014
- Kosovo Honors Killed Police Officer 25/07/2014Kosovo authorities inaugurated a new building in memory of Enver Zymberi, a police officer who was killed in disturbances in the north in 2011 and whose killer has not been caught.
- Romania Moves Forward With New Nuclear Reactors 25/07/2014Two new nuclear reactors are to be built up in Romania under a deal inked on Thursday with Canadian and Chinese investors.
- EU Urges Would-Be Members to Protect Probing Journalists 25/07/2014The Vice-President of the European Parliament, Ulrike Lunacek, has called on candidate countries to ensure that investigative journalists working on high-level energy corruption issues be allowed to do their job without fear of violence and intimidation.
- Ratko Mladic’s Allies Deny Srebrenica Massacres 25/07/2014Former Bosnian Serb fighters testified in defence of their wartime commander Ratko Mladic that they were not involved in the mass killing of Bosniak civilians from Srebrenica in 1995.
- Bosnian Serb Soldiers Indicted for Kozarac Violence 25/07/2014Former soldiers Mitar Vlasenko, Rade Vlasenko and Drago Koncar were charged with crimes against humanity for carrying out expulsions and killings in Kozarac near Prijedor in 1992.
- Romanian Plastic Bridge Seeks Guinness Accolade 25/07/2014A bridge made of over 100,000 plastic bottles in western Romania - said to be the largest in the world - contains a wider message about the enviroment.
- Time Runs Out for Montenegro's Oldest Newspaper 25/07/2014Seventy years since the daily newspaper Pobjeda first appeared, the only remaining state-owned daily in Montenegro faces bankruptcy as a result of its huge debts.
- Municipal Cull Angers Albania Opposition 25/07/2014Plans to slash the number of municipalities in Albania - partly to reflect rural flight - are being fiercely contested by opposition and ethnic minority parties.
- Macedonia Jails its Top Archaeologist 25/07/2014A court in Skopje has jailed the former chief excavator, Pasko Kuzman, for three years for his role in the organized smuggling of archaeological valuables from the country.
- Fighters Deny Killings of Serb Prisoners in Trnovo 25/07/2014Edhem Godinjak, Medaris Saric and Mirko Bunoza pleaded not guilty to the wartime killings and inhuman treatment of imprisoned Serb soldiers and civilians in Trnovo near Sarajevo.
- Serbia Still Gathering Evidence to Charge Kosmajac 25/07/2014Serbian police are still collecting evidence about an alleged drugs kingpin who the Prime minister named as Serbia's biggest drugs trafficker a month ago.
- Bosnians Commemorate Killings at Keraterm Concentration Camp 24/07/2014Relatives of Bosniak civilians killed at Keraterm near the town of Prijedor in July 1992 gathered outside the former detention camp to mark the anniversary of their deaths.
- Goran Hadzic Denies Mass Expulsion of Croats 24/07/2014Former Croatian Serb leader Hadzic told his war crimes trial that he was not responsible for the mass expulsion of Croats from Serb-dominated areas of Croatia during the 1990s war.
- Romania to Sue Italy's Enel Over Failed Sale 24/07/2014The Romanian government is to sue Italian group Enel at the International Court of Arbiration over the collapse of the sale of an energy company.
- Bulgaria’s Embattled PM Throws in Towel 24/07/2014Departure of Plamen Orecharski’s troubled left-of-centre government comes after a year of near-constant protests.
- Kosovo Honors Killed Police Officer 25/07/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO