PRISTINA, KOSOVO – “It is good that we have the Constitutional Court and I … will respect its decision” Pacolli said after the Court ruled that the election of the President of the Republic of Kosovo was unconstitutional ++ seemingly on Friday or on Monday next week the Assembly of Kosovo will hold a session to vote for the President of Kosovo ++ The War Veteran associations, the Assembly of students of the University of Pristina, and the NGOs network “Democracy in Action” protested yesterday in Pristina against the latest arrests of former Kosovo Liberation Army members and the arrest warrant issued against MP Fatmir Limaj ++ Between 24 March and 22 June 1999, an estimated 10,356 ethnic Albanians were killed in Kosovo during the wars in former Yugoslavia – according to victims data recently published by The Hague Tribunal – with an additional “… departure of at least 700,000 Kosovo Albanians from Kosovo in the short period of time between the end of March and beginning of June 1999” ++ read more here: News Monitor 30.03.2011, Broadcast Monitor 29.03.2011
Search NEWS > KOSOVO
- Kosovo's Digital Diplomats - by Philip Boyes - Foreign Policy (blog) 06/12/2013Kosovo's Digital Diplomats - by Philip BoyesForeign Policy (blog)There's certainly plenty for Kosovo to fight for. Five years after unilaterally declaring independence from Serbia and being recognized by 106 U.N. members, Kosovo is still struggling for acceptance by the likes of Russia, China, India, and many other ...
- Edgar Lungu holds talks with Kosovo counterpart - Zambia Daily Mail (blog) 08/12/2013Edgar Lungu holds talks with Kosovo counterpartZambia Daily Mail (blog)And speaking after the meeting, Mr Lungu said the meeting was insightful but says the Zambian government will thoroughly discuss and clear all the grey areas before any decision can be made over Kosovo. Mr Lungu says he will table the issues discussed ...
- Hashim Thaci: 'Kosovo will have a UN seat' - Aljazeera.com 09/11/2013Hashim Thaci: 'Kosovo will have a UN seat'Aljazeera.comKosovo's bitter past is well known: the vast scale of the genocide and the subsequent fight for independence in 1999. We got through the democratic transition and, in 2008, Kosovo declared its independence. Today Kosovo is an autonomous country, and it ...
- Kosovo | Kosovo's first woman president hopes for European integration - The Journalist 07/12/2013The JournalistKosovo | Kosovo's first woman president hopes for European integrationThe JournalistIn a December 1, 2013 statement, Kosovo's new President, Mrs. Atifete Jahjaga, said that the elections that were held in the country's 25 municipalities have shown the dedication of Kosovo citizens towards building of a democratic society. She als […]
- EU integration: progress reports for Albania, Serbia, Kosovo, Iceland - European Parliament (press release) 05/12/2013EU integration: progress reports for Albania, Serbia, Kosovo, IcelandEuropean Parliament (press release)Foreign affairs MEPs called on Thursday on the Council to grant Albania EU candidate status without undue delay. In separate resolutions, they also assessed last year's progress by Serbia, Kosovo and Iceland. While stressing their commitment to the .. […]
- Preliminary Results From Kosovo Runoff Bring Surprises - RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty 03/12/2013RadioFreeEurope/RadioLibertyPreliminary Results From Kosovo Runoff Bring SurprisesRadioFreeEurope/RadioLibertyRFE/RL's Balkan Service reports that Shpend Ahmeti from the ethnic Albanian nationalist Self-Determination movement won the election for mayor in the capital, Pristina, a longtime stronghold of the biggest opposition party, the Democratic League […]
- With military commitments in Africa, France to leave Kosovo - Reuters 28/11/2013www.worldbulletin.netWith military commitments in Africa, France to leave KosovoReutersPRISTINA (Reuters) - NATO confirmed on Thursday that France plans to withdraw its 320 troops from Kosovo, citing commitments in Mali and a pending French intervention in Central African Republic. Speaking in Kosovo, NATO's top military commander, ...NATO: France to pu […]
- The Digital Diplomacy of Kosovo showing results - Digjitale 08/12/2013The Digital Diplomacy of Kosovo showing resultsDigjitaleThe hard work of the digital diplomats of Kosovo is showing results and it's going beyond the level of what traditional diplomacy does. It's putting Kosovo on the world map and it's getting it into the country lists of internet giants like Google and ...
- Kosovo pays a heavy toll for lack of reliable energy - The Guardian 19/11/2013Kosovo pays a heavy toll for lack of reliable energyThe GuardianHome to about 2,500 people, it is nestled below Kosovo B, a 600-megawatt, lignite-fuelled thermal power plant that belches black toxic fumes day and night. "I have woken up and cursed that power plant a million times," says Driton Berisa, a Roma civil ...
- Facebook Recognizes Kosovo - Slate Magazine (blog) 21/11/2013Slate Magazine (blog)Facebook Recognizes KosovoSlate Magazine (blog)And Prime Minister Hashim Thaci said in a statement that he "was informed (on Monday) by senior Facebook executives... about including Kosovo in the global social network". Until now Kosovans who wanted to create a Facebook account had to register as ...After 'milestone' […]
- Kosovo's Digital Diplomats - by Philip Boyes - Foreign Policy (blog) 06/12/2013
- Bosnian Serb Security Boss ‘Didn’t Know’ About Srebrenica 06/12/2013The wartime Bosnian Serb security service chief testified at his former political leader Radovan Karadzic’s trial that he knew nothing about the massacres of Bosniaks from Srebrenica in 1995.
- PIC Urges Bosnia to Reform Schools 06/12/2013The Peace Implementation Council has urged Bosnia's various education ministries to reform the school system and end segregation and discrimination.
- Ratko Mladic ‘Actively Led’ Bosnian Serb Offensives 06/12/2013The last prosecution witness at Ratko Mladic’s war crimes trial in The Hague testified that the former Bosnian Serb Army chief took active charge of military operations during the war.
- Serbia Swoops on Alleged Drug Dealers 06/12/2013In an extensive nationwide operation, Serbian police arrested more than 240 alleged drug dealers and some sports hooligans.
- Kosovo’s ‘Drenica Group’ Ex-Guerrillas Deny War Crimes 06/12/2013The trial of 15 former Kosovo Liberation Army fighters from the so-called Drenica Group opened with the defendants pleading not guilty to abusing civilian prisoners during wartime.
- 650,000 Croatians Back Anti-Cyrillic Referendum 06/12/2013Campaigners demanding a referendum to limit minority rights and end official use of Serbian Cyrillic script in some parts of Croatia have already gathered enough signatures to trigger a vote.
- Serb to Run Police in North Kosovo 06/12/2013Hashim Thaci and Ivica Dacic, leaders of Kosovo and Serbia, reached an agreement in Brussels on the police in northern Kosovo.
- Moldova Finally Says it Speaks Romanian 06/12/2013Court decision naming official language as Romanian ends over two decades of confusion - and delights neighbouring Romania.
- Lid Lifted on Albania’s Debt to Contractors 06/12/2013The Finance Ministry has revealed that the Albanian state owes various contractors 24.6 billion lek (€175 million) - though the real size of hidden public debt could turn out to be even greater.
- Hungarian PM Gets Macedonia's Top Award 06/12/2013Macedonia has handed Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban its highest state order, in what some believe is a move to woo foreign allies ahead of an EU summit.
- Kosovo Honours Much Loved Actor With Stamp 06/12/2013In honour of Bekim Fehmiu, who died in 2010 and whose ashes were scattered in Prizren, the Post and Telecoms of Kosovo have introduced a postage stamp bearing his likeness.
- Bosnian Missing Persons Hunt Praised as Success 05/12/2013The methods used in Bosnia to find wartime missing persons should be implemented in post-conflict situations all over the world, a conference in Sarajevo was told.
- Bosnian Serb Security Boss ‘Didn’t Know’ About Srebrenica 06/12/2013
Feedburner NEWS KOSOVO
- Indictments on Organ Trading against Citizens from Turkey and Israel
- Inauguration of Kosovo War Crimes Institute
- Kosovo Liberation Day
- Kosovo PM Thaci to be investigated on Marty Report allegations
- Kosovo-Serbia Talks postponed
- Corruption at Kosovo customs and PTK
- Andorra recognized Kosovo
- Explosion in "Ferronikel" Company
We need your help !If you want to write constructive critically on any issue regarding the Republic of Kosovo, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!