PRISTINA, KOSOVO – “It is good that we have the Constitutional Court and I … will respect its decision” Pacolli said after the Court ruled that the election of the President of the Republic of Kosovo was unconstitutional ++ seemingly on Friday or on Monday next week the Assembly of Kosovo will hold a session to vote for the President of Kosovo ++ The War Veteran associations, the Assembly of students of the University of Pristina, and the NGOs network “Democracy in Action” protested yesterday in Pristina against the latest arrests of former Kosovo Liberation Army members and the arrest warrant issued against MP Fatmir Limaj ++ Between 24 March and 22 June 1999, an estimated 10,356 ethnic Albanians were killed in Kosovo during the wars in former Yugoslavia – according to victims data recently published by The Hague Tribunal – with an additional “… departure of at least 700,000 Kosovo Albanians from Kosovo in the short period of time between the end of March and beginning of June 1999” ++ read more here: News Monitor 30.03.2011, Broadcast Monitor 29.03.2011
- US ambassador to Kosovo hired by construction firm he lobbied for - The Guardian 14/04/2014The GuardianUS ambassador to Kosovo hired by construction firm he lobbied forThe GuardianA US ambassador to Kosovo, who lobbied for the construction of a $1bn road through the war-torn country, has taken up a post with the American construction giant that secured the lucrative contract. Christopher Dell, a career diplomat nominated by ...and more »
- Kosovo to Request Setting Up Special EU Tribunal - Novinite.com 15/04/2014Novinite.comKosovo to Request Setting Up Special EU TribunalNovinite.comAccording to Kosovo's President Atifete Jahjaga, a specialized court outside the country to look at cases against former Kosovo Liberation Army fighters would ensure an "independent and unbiased process". The President has gathered the support of the ...HRW calls on Kosovo […]
- Committee finds funds for Kosovo were misused - B92 15/04/2014Committee finds funds for Kosovo were misusedB92The committee found that from 2000 until 2012 RSD 53 million were going to Kosovo daily without adequate checks. The result are paid for, but never finished building, unfinished roads, financial abuse in health-care that assumed alarming proportions, ...
- Kosovo: Approve Special Court for Serious Abuses - Human Rights Watch 11/04/2014Human Rights WatchKosovo: Approve Special Court for Serious AbusesHuman Rights Watch(Brussels) – Kosovo's parliament should approve the establishment of a special court located abroad to try alleged war crimes and other serious crimes committed during and after the 1998-1999 Kosovo war. The parliament should also agree to extend the ...
- Five reasons why Crimea cannot be compared with Kosovo by Hajrudin Somun* - Today's Zaman 13/04/2014Today's ZamanFive reasons why Crimea cannot be compared with Kosovo by Hajrudin Somun*Today's ZamanThe most frequent comparison of Crimea has been with Kosovo, as well as with the Russian incursion into the peninsula with the NATO military intervention against Serbia in 1999. Some people have recalled the Russian military invasion of Georgia in 200 […]
- Kosovo: Approve Special War Crimes Court - Human Rights Watch 11/04/2014Human Rights WatchKosovo: Approve Special War Crimes CourtHuman Rights Watch(Brussels) – Kosovo's parliament should approve the establishment of a special court located abroad to try alleged war crimes and other serious crimes committed during and after the 1998-1999 Kosovo war. The parliament should also agree to extend the ...and more »
- More on Crimea, Kosovo, and the morality of secession - Washington Post 28/03/2014B92More on Crimea, Kosovo, and the morality of secessionWashington PostIlya Somin, a professor at George Mason Law School argued in the Washington Post on Monday that Crimea does not meet the same ethical tests as Kosovo because, unlike in Kosovo, Crimeans have not been outwardly threatened with physical harm.Moscow astonished by Obama's claims that dec […]
- Kosovo asks EU to set up new tribunal - Journal of Turkish Weekly 14/04/2014Kosovo asks EU to set up new tribunalJournal of Turkish WeeklyJahjaga said she would ask Catherine Ashton, the EU foreign policy chief, “to establish a Kosovo court located outside the country in order to address allegations [against former Kosovo Liberation Army fighters] raised in the Council of Europe report ...Kosovo Press Review- April 14, 2014Balkan In […]
- AP Exclusive: EU to Set up Court for Kosovo Crimes - ABC News 04/04/2014RT (blog)AP Exclusive: EU to Set up Court for Kosovo CrimesABC NewsThe court is to be symbolically seated in Kosovo, but most key proceedings such as hearing witness testimony would take place in the Netherlands, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal has yet to be approved by Kosovo's ...EU to establish Kosovo war crime […]
- Don't use our case to justify Crimea, Kosovo PM tells Russia - Reuters 27/03/2014RTDon't use our case to justify Crimea, Kosovo PM tells RussiaReutersRussian leader Vladimir Putin has criticised Western nations for what he called hypocrisy, saying they had endorsed Kosovo's right to self-determination and independence from Serbia but now deny Crimeans the right to leave Ukraine. Thaci, who led armed ...Exposed: Obama states Kos […]
- US ambassador to Kosovo hired by construction firm he lobbied for - The Guardian 14/04/2014
- Serbian Leader Defuses Row Over TV N1 15/04/2014Following tensions in Serbia over CNN's affiliate in the Balkans, TV N1, Serbia's likely prime minister told the US investment firm behind the station that N1 is welcome in Serbia.
- Russia Slams Djukanovic over Ukraine Statements 15/04/2014Russia has called the Montenegrin Prime Minister's recent statements in the US about Ukraine and the need for further NATO expansion to the East 'deeply disappointing'.
- Celebrity UK Immigrant Promotes pro-European Party 15/04/2014Victor Spirescu, a briefly famous Romanian immigrant to the UK, is campaigning for a new pro-EU party in Britain.
- EU Ministers Slate Separatist Talk in Bosnia 15/04/2014After the EU Foreign Affairs Council discussed Bosnia on Monday, it said separatist rhetoric must go and politicians need to focus more on economic development and jobs.
- Macedonia Opposition Blames Poor Result on Fraud 15/04/2014Opposition Social Democrats said foul play was responsible for the convincing lead that the incumbent President, Gjorge Ivanov, obtained in the first round of the Macedonian presidential election on Sunday.
- Hague Tribunal Rejects Mladic’s Acquittal Plea 15/04/2014The international court turned down former Bosnian Serb military chief Ratko Mladic’s request to quash the genocide and war crime charges against him midway through his trial.
- Croatia Vows to Aid Wartime Sex Abuse Victims 15/04/2014The Croatian authorities have launched new draft legislation aimed at providing financial and psychological help for people who were raped or sexually abused during the 1991-95 war.
- Few Albanian Business Report Corruption, Report Says 15/04/2014A survey conducted by UN Office on Drugs and Crime, UNODC, says few businesses in Albania who paid bribes bothered to report such incidents, as they see bribery as routine
- PACE Vote on Russia Splits Serbian Parties 15/04/2014The Serbian delegation's split vote about Russian actions in Ukraine in the Council of Europe Parliamentary Assembly has stirred controversy at home.
- Romanians Plan Modest Easter Celebrations 15/04/2014Easter is a major holiday in Romania - but the economic crisis means that most people will be celebrating on a tight budget.
- Serbia Rehabilitates Queen Maria of Yugoslavia 15/04/2014A Belgrade court rehabilitated former queen Maria Karadjordjevic, ruling that she was illegally stripped of her property and citizenship by the communist authorities in 1947.
- Bosniak Recalls Wife’s Murder in Kokino Selo 15/04/2014A witness told the war crimes trial of Bosnian Serb ex-fighter Dragan Sekaric how his wife was killed while trying to escape an attack on the village of Kokino Selo near Gorazde in May 1992.
- OSCE Sees 'Uneven Playing Field' in Macedonia Polls 14/04/2014International observers said there were only minor irregularities during the presidential vote but biased media coverage and the blurring of state and party activities were significant issues.
- Serbia Ruling Party Backs Republika Srpska Opposition 14/04/2014The vice-president of the Serbian Progressive Party said that it would not forget the support it has received from Republika Srpska’s opposition Serb Democratic Party.
- ‘Romeo and Juliet’ Connects Belgrade and Pristina 14/04/2014Actors from Serbia and Kosovo have joined forces to stage a joint production of the Shakespeare play in a bid to promote mutual understanding and connections.
- Serbian Leader Defuses Row Over TV N1 15/04/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO