PRISTINA, KOSOVO — “It is good that we have the Constitutional Court and I … will respect its decision” Pacolli said after the Court ruled that the election of the President of the Republic of Kosovo was unconstitutional ++ seemingly on Friday or on Monday next week the Assembly of Kosovo will hold a session to vote for the President of Kosovo ++ The War Veteran associations, the Assembly of students of the University of Pristina, and the NGOs network “Democracy in Action” protested yesterday in Pristina against the latest arrests of former Kosovo Liberation Army members and the arrest warrant issued against MP Fatmir Limaj ++ Between 24 March and 22 June 1999, an estimated 10,356 ethnic Albanians were killed in Kosovo during the wars in former Yugoslavia – according to victims data recently published by The Hague Tribunal – with an additional “… departure of at least 700,000 Kosovo Albanians from Kosovo in the short period of time between the end of March and beginning of June 1999” ++ read more here: News Monitor 30.03.2011, Broadcast Monitor 29.03.2011
- Once Ignored, Kosovo Exits Sports Limbo - New York Times 16/12/2014New York TimesOnce Ignored, Kosovo Exits Sports LimboNew York TimesPEJA, Kosovo — Up a steep hill on a narrow, unlit road in this town near the Montenegrin border, the Toni Kuka Judo School was filled with the smell of sweat, smoke and winter. Inside, 26 judo practitioners, or judokas, dressed in blue or white ...
- Kosovo's Thaci: EU's Mogherini Needed for Serbia Talks to Succeed - Wall Street Journal (blog) 18/12/2014Wall Street Journal (blog)Kosovo's Thaci: EU's Mogherini Needed for Serbia Talks to SucceedWall Street Journal (blog)Federica Mogherini, the European Union's foreign-policy chief, must stay directly involved in talks between Kosovo and Serbia if the dialogue is to succeed, Hashim Thaci, the country's foreign minister, said Thursday. To lo […]
- Source: Beta, NIN - B92 18/12/2014B92Source: Beta, NINB92Serbs of Serbia in polls and election results and actions have been stridently and loudly saying Kosovo is an indeendent nation. 63% according to b92/ipsos say Kosovo is independent. All nationalist "Kosovo is Serbia" parties have been eliminated from ...and more »
- Kosovo: Set Up Special Court - Human Rights Watch 16/12/2014Kosovo: Set Up Special CourtHuman Rights Watch(Brussels) – Kosovo's newly formed parliament should promptly enact the legislative and constitutional changes required for the special court on post-war atrocity crimes to function, Human Rights Watch said today. Kosovo held parliamentary elections on ...EU urged to widen Kosovo mission graft probeJournal o […]
- Multinational Challenge in Kosovo - DVIDS (press release) (registration) 18/12/2014Multinational Challenge in KosovoDVIDS (press release) (registration)Kosovo Forces Command Sgt. Maj. Maurizio D'Alessandro leads the first lap in the 5k race before the service members are released for the final lap. Seven nations participated in the Multinational Challenge that was a five-part event at Camp Film City ...
- President "working intensively" on Kosovo proposal - B92 18/12/2014B92President "working intensively" on Kosovo proposalB92"But since I won in a direct election, I am expected to always have a stance and I am ready to, as in the case of the previous platform on Kosovo, suggest the initial text - and for the government to tell me what is possible and what is not as far as ...
- IOC grants full Olympic recognition to Kosovo - USA TODAY 09/12/2014USA TODAYIOC grants full Olympic recognition to KosovoUSA TODAYMONACO (AP) — Athletes from Kosovo will be able to compete at the 2016 Summer Games after being granted full recognition on Tuesday by the International Olympic Committee. The full IOC formally ratified a decision made in October by the executive ...Kosovo to compete in Olympics at Rio 2016 after […]
- Parliament Approves New Govt in Kosovo - ABC News 09/12/2014Deutsche WelleParliament Approves New Govt in KosovoABC NewsLegislators approved a new coalition government in Kosovo on Tuesday, including the first prime minister who was not involved with the insurgents who fought for the territory's independence from Serbia. A general election was held in Kosovo June 8, but ...Kosovo chooses new government after six […]
- Letter from Kosovo: disarray in the heart of the Balkans - New Statesman 27/11/2014New StatesmanLetter from Kosovo: disarray in the heart of the BalkansNew StatesmanKosovo has been without a government since the inconclusive general election six months ago; yet the remarkable thing is how little difference this has made. The other remarkable thing is that the foreigners who exercise real influence here – the ...
- Kosovo parties 'agree to form government' - Aljazeera.com 20/11/2014Aljazeera.comKosovo parties 'agree to form government'Aljazeera.comKosovo's two biggest parties have agreed "in principle" to form a coalition government, the president of the semi-autonomous territory has said, signalling an end to more than five months of damaging political deadlock and accusations of government ...Kosovo to form c […]
- Once Ignored, Kosovo Exits Sports Limbo - New York Times 16/12/2014
- Serbia Expels Arrested Falun Gong Members 18/12/2014Members of Falun Gong, arrested ahead of the China-Balkan summit in Belgrade, have been expelled from Serbia after four days in detention.
- FARC Arms Traffickers Arrested in Montenegro 18/12/2014Police in Montenegro arrested three international arms traffickers, suspected of trying to supply rebels in Colombia with weapons intended to kill Americans.
- Woman Takes Over Romania's Opposition Liberals 18/12/2014Alina Gorghiu has become the first woman to lead a large political party in Romania after taking the helm of the National Liberals from Klaus Iohannis who has become head of state.
- Ivanovic Pleads Not Guilty to War Crimes 18/12/2014Oliver Ivanovic and four other defendants pleaded not guilty to war crimes in a trial that has opened in Mitrovica, northern Kosovo.
- New Bridge's Grave Look Upsets Belgraders 18/12/2014The marble panel marking the opening of a new bridge in Belgrade upset many Serbs on account of its resemblance to a cemetery headstone - and has since been hurriedly removed.
- Kosovo President Urges Action on Special Court 18/12/2014In the course of her annual speech to parliament, President Atifete Jahjaga said Kosovo should establish a Special Court on war crimes as soon as possible, to prove that the country upholds the principle of justice.
- Montenegro Drops in Forbes Business Ranking 18/12/2014Montenegro has dopped down four places in this year’s Forbes magazine’s list of 'best countries for business,' ranking in 48th place out of 146 surveyed states, although it remains above several EU member states.
- World Bank Tells Croatia to Rationalise Spending 18/12/2014Finance review by World Bank says Croatia needs to cut subsidies, downsize government, scrap some tax exemptions and make more effective use of potential EU funds.
- Corruption Arrest Shakes Bosnia Social Democrats 18/12/2014Hamdija Lipovaca, premier of Una-Sana Canton and a leading figure in the Social Democratic Party, has been arrested on suspicion of corruption in a case concerning the construction sports facilities in Bihac, where he was once mayor.
- Bosnian Serb MPs Endorse New Entity Cabinet 18/12/2014The Republika Srpska assembly has confirmed the new 16-member team under Prime Minister Zeljka Cvijanovic, of the Alliance of Independent Social Democrats, SNSD.
- Raiffeisen Gloomy About Croatia, Serbia Economies 18/12/2014Regional analysis conducted by Raiffeisen bank says the economies of Serbia and Croatia saw no growth in 2014 and will not do much better in 2015 - while the outlook for other countries is somewhat brighter.
- World Footballers Warned About Serbian Clubs 18/12/2014Union advises players not to sign for Serbian clubs as so many are bankrupt and cannot pay their teams.
- Brawl Reported at Macedonian Party Congress 18/12/2014Rivalry between party members has been blamed for a mass punch-up that reportedly erupted at a local congress of the junior ruling party, the Democratic Union for Integration, DUI, in Struga.
- Romania Vows to Come Clean on CIA Report 18/12/2014Prime Minister Ponta said the authorities intended to publish any information they possessed about secret detentions centres linked to the controversial CIA rendition program.
- Mladic Witness Recalls ‘Genuine Hatred of Serbs’ 18/12/2014A defence witness at Ratko Mladic’s war crimes trial said Serb forces did not persecute Bosniaks and Croats in the Sanski Most area, but responded to a real armed threat.
- Serbia Expels Arrested Falun Gong Members 18/12/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO