PRISTINA, KOSOVO – “It is good that we have the Constitutional Court and I … will respect its decision” Pacolli said after the Court ruled that the election of the President of the Republic of Kosovo was unconstitutional ++ seemingly on Friday or on Monday next week the Assembly of Kosovo will hold a session to vote for the President of Kosovo ++ The War Veteran associations, the Assembly of students of the University of Pristina, and the NGOs network “Democracy in Action” protested yesterday in Pristina against the latest arrests of former Kosovo Liberation Army members and the arrest warrant issued against MP Fatmir Limaj ++ Between 24 March and 22 June 1999, an estimated 10,356 ethnic Albanians were killed in Kosovo during the wars in former Yugoslavia – according to victims data recently published by The Hague Tribunal – with an additional “… departure of at least 700,000 Kosovo Albanians from Kosovo in the short period of time between the end of March and beginning of June 1999” ++ read more here: News Monitor 30.03.2011, Broadcast Monitor 29.03.2011
Search NEWS > KOSOVO
- Kosovo Gets a Real Game, if It Can Assemble a Team - New York Times 01/03/2014Kosovo Gets a Real Game, if It Can Assemble a TeamNew York TimesThe Kosovo national soccer team will play its first FIFA-sanctioned friendly match Wednesday, against Haiti, in Mitrovica, 24 miles north of the capital, Pristina. For Salihu, who has handled the day-to-day running of Kosovo's soccer federation as its ...and more »
- Crimea is Not Kosovo - Huffington Post 10/03/2014InSerbia NewsCrimea is Not KosovoHuffington PostRussia is pointing to the "Kosovo precedent" as justification for its actions in Crimea. This is a false argument. There are fundamental legal and political differences between the internationally sanctioned process, which culminated in Kosovo's ...15 years since Kosovo secession: lessons learned […]
- Bayern Munich disciplined over Arsenal homophobic banner - The Guardian 12/03/2014The GuardianBayern Munich disciplined over Arsenal homophobic bannerThe GuardianThe Bundesliga champions are under further scrutiny after a fan was spotted with a banner supporting Kosovo's application to join Fifa during the Arsenal match. Cameras picked up a sign which read "Say No to racism, Say Yes to Kosovo" in reference to ...UEFA open p […]
- Kosovo Press Review- March 12, 2013 - Balkan Insight 12/03/2014Kosovo Press Review- March 12, 2013Balkan Insight“I've asked for two things: first, [the tribunal] should be in line with our system of justice; and second, that it should be in support of our image”, Hajredin Kuci, Kosovo deputy prime minister and minister of justice told the paper after the meeting ...
- Dr. Kim's World Bank Legacy Hinges on Kosovo Climate Test - Huffington Post 12/03/2014Dr. Kim's World Bank Legacy Hinges on Kosovo Climate TestHuffington PostThat's why all eyes are now focused on whether Dr. Kim backs this talk up by rejecting a highly controversial new coal plant in the tiny Eastern European country of Kosovo. When it comes to making decisions that test their willingness to build climate ...
- Kosovo footballers draw with Haiti in Mitrovica debut - BBC News 06/03/2014BBC NewsKosovo footballers draw with Haiti in Mitrovica debutBBC NewsSix years after declaring independence, Kosovo's footballers have played their first match at international level, drawing 0-0 with Haiti in a friendly. The match, approved by football's world governing body Fifa, took place in the ethnically divided ...Kosovo to build its first n […]
- Compare Crimea with Kosovo rather than with Scotland - Financial Times 10/03/2014Compare Crimea with Kosovo rather than with ScotlandFinancial TimesI wonder whether using Kosovo, rather than Scotland, wouldn't have been a worthier comparative exercise. Kosovo was an ethnically Albanian autonomous republic within Serbia; it decided on independence through referendum, declared itself independent ...
- On The Trail Of Women's Independence In Kosovo: Resolution 1325 - Balkan Insight (blog) 12/03/2014On The Trail Of Women's Independence In Kosovo: Resolution 1325Balkan Insight (blog)There have been so many workshops, long reports written, and so much advocacy and human rights actions on the ground (while awaiting the government of Kosovo to take forward steps) that Resolution 1325 on Women, Peace, and Security eventually ...
- Referendum in Crimea: Europe shows double standards, precedent in Kosovo ... - The Voice of Russia 12/03/2014NewsweekReferendum in Crimea: Europe shows double standards, precedent in Kosovo ...The Voice of RussiaWestern journalists have been surprisingly refusing to draw any parallels between Crimea and Kosovo. Yet, one of the unfailing laws of history is that it always puts things back in their proper places. On Sunday, people in the seven provinces of Veneto ...L […]
- Elections to be held in Kosovo "in line with agreement" - B92 10/03/2014Elections to be held in Kosovo "in line with agreement"B92... to be held in Kosovo "in line with agreement". Source: Beta, Tanjug. BELGRADE, PRIŠTINA -- The March 16 Serbian parliamentary elections will be held in Kosovo in accordance with the Brussels agreement "and with the OSCE," says Aleksandar Vučić.
- Kosovo Gets a Real Game, if It Can Assemble a Team - New York Times 01/03/2014
- Serbs Pay Tribute to Assassinated PM Djindjic 12/03/2014Belgraders have laid wreaths and flowers and held processions through the capital in memory of Zoran Djindjic, the Prime Minister who was shot dead 11 years ago.
- Most Future Serbian MPs Hold Degrees 12/03/2014Research by BIRN Serbia shows that two-thirds of candidate MPs hold a higher educational degree, and the single most common profession among them is that of high-school teacher.
- Serbia Denies Control Over ‘Genocidal’ Croatia Campaign 12/03/2014Belgrade told the International Court of Justice that it didn’t have effective control over the Yugoslav People’s Army and local Serb fighters accused of committing genocide in Croatia.
- Montenegro Sued Over Aluminium Plant's Losses 12/03/2014The Central European Aluminum Company, CEAC, owned by the Russian tycoon Oleg Deripaska, has filed a request to the international court for arbitration against the government of Montenegro over the KAP aluminum plant's bankruptcy.
- Macedonia Prosecutor to Probe ‘Missing’ EU Cash 12/03/2014Macedonia’s Public Prosecutor’s Office says it will check opposition claims that some of the funds approved by the EU for motorway construction in Macedonia have disappeared.
- Bosniak Prisoners’ ‘Bones Broken’ at Vogosca Jail Camps 12/03/2014At the trial for wartime crimes at Bosnian Serb detention camps in Vogosca near Sarajevo, a forensics expert said exhumed victims’ remains showed signs of violent assaults.
- Ex-Yugoslavs ‘Erased’ By Slovenia Win Compensation 12/03/2014The European Court of Human Rights ordered Ljubljana to make payouts to six former Yugoslav citizens who were stripped of their residency rights in Slovenia at the start of the war.
- Serb Hate Speech Brings Bosnia Match to Halt 12/03/2014A 'friendly' football match between the junior national teams of Bosnia and Serbia was stopped after fans cheering the Serbian team chanted offensive slogans in support of the Srebrenica massacre.
- Bosnia MPs Tussle Over Money-Laundering Law 12/03/2014A law on money-laundering and financing terrorism remains stuck in parliament - hostage to a dispute on whether the issue should come under the jurisdiction of the entities, or the state government.
- Albania Nabs Suspected Al-Qaeda Recruiters 12/03/2014Seven people, including two imams, were arrested on Tuesday, suspected of recruiting fighters for al-Qaeda-affiliated groups fighting in the Syrian civil war.
- Russia Stance on Kosovo Unchanged Despite Crimea 12/03/2014Russia has reassured Serbia that it still remains opposed to Kosovo's independence - despite its apparent support for the secession of the Crimean region from Ukraine.
- NATO Planes 'Monitoring Ukraine' From Romania 12/03/2014NATO has started reconnaissance flights over Romania and Poland, following the situation in the volatile neighbouring state of Ukraine.
- Serbs Pay Tribute to Assassinated PM Djindjic 12/03/2014
Feedburner NEWS KOSOVO
- Indictments on Organ Trading against Citizens from Turkey and Israel
- Inauguration of Kosovo War Crimes Institute
- Kosovo Liberation Day
- Kosovo PM Thaci to be investigated on Marty Report allegations
- Kosovo-Serbia Talks postponed
- Corruption at Kosovo customs and PTK
- Andorra recognized Kosovo
- Explosion in "Ferronikel" Company
We need your help !If you want to write constructive critically on any issue regarding the Republic of Kosovo, please contact email@example.com
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!