PRISTINA, KOSOVO — “It is good that we have the Constitutional Court and I … will respect its decision” Pacolli said after the Court ruled that the election of the President of the Republic of Kosovo was unconstitutional ++ seemingly on Friday or on Monday next week the Assembly of Kosovo will hold a session to vote for the President of Kosovo ++ The War Veteran associations, the Assembly of students of the University of Pristina, and the NGOs network “Democracy in Action” protested yesterday in Pristina against the latest arrests of former Kosovo Liberation Army members and the arrest warrant issued against MP Fatmir Limaj ++ Between 24 March and 22 June 1999, an estimated 10,356 ethnic Albanians were killed in Kosovo during the wars in former Yugoslavia – according to victims data recently published by The Hague Tribunal – with an additional “… departure of at least 700,000 Kosovo Albanians from Kosovo in the short period of time between the end of March and beginning of June 1999” ++ read more here: News Monitor 30.03.2011, Broadcast Monitor 29.03.2011
- Kosovo 'jihad' boy home from Syria after secret operation - BBC News 16/10/2014BBC NewsKosovo 'jihad' boy home from Syria after secret operationBBC NewsAn eight-year-old boy from Kosovo has been reunited with his mother after his jihadist father kept him for five months in Syria. Kosovo's Prime Minister, Hashim Thaci, said the country's intelligence agency had found and rescued Erion Abazi with help ...Kosovo Rescue […]
- The boy from Kosovo who grew up to be a suicide bomber - BBC News 09/10/2014BBC NewsThe boy from Kosovo who grew up to be a suicide bomberBBC NewsIn Kosovo it used to be the case that families were culturally Muslim, but rarely devout believers. Recently though some young people have become radicalised. Up to 200 are thought to be fighting in Syria and Iraq causing heartbreak for those left behind.and more »
- Serb house torched in Kosovo - InSerbia News 21/10/2014InSerbia NewsSerb house torched in KosovoInSerbia NewsKLINA – A house owned by a family of Serb returnees has been torched in the Drsnik village in Kosovo-Metohija's Klina municipality, the head of the Pec District Vinka Radosavljevic told Tanjug on Tuesday. Kosovo-police6. The incident took place at ...
- Mother reunited with 8-year-old son taken to Syria by his jihadi father - CTV News 17/10/2014CTV NewsMother reunited with 8-year-old son taken to Syria by his jihadi fatherCTV NewsPRISTINA, Kosovo -- It started out as a father-and-son trip to Kosovo's western mountains in July. It turned into a months-long ordeal for an 8-year-old boy who was taken to war-torn Syria by his jihadi father and only returned following a shadowy ...Kosovo thanks Tur […]
- Intelligence co-operation leads to boy's repatriation from an ISIL camp in Syria. - Southeast European Times 20/10/2014Intelligence co-operation leads to boy's repatriation from an ISIL camp in Syria.Southeast European TimesErion Zena, the 8-year-old boy who was taken to a jihad camp in Syria by his father, was returned to Kosovo and to his mother on Wednesday (October 15th). Working with regional agencies on the ground in Iraq and Syria, the Kosovo intelligence service […]
- Kosovo: 11 attacks against Serb returnees in 2014 - InSerbia News 20/10/2014InSerbia NewsKosovo: 11 attacks against Serb returnees in 2014InSerbia NewsKOSOVSKA MITROVICA – Eleven attacks against Serbs and their property have been registered this year, and the incidents are a direct attack on the process of the return of displaced persons, says Kosovo's minister for return and communities Dalibor Jevtic.
- Putin Vows To Support Serbia On Kosovo - RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty 16/10/2014Albeu.comPutin Vows To Support Serbia On KosovoRadioFreeEurope/RadioLibertyRussia angrily criticized the NATO bombing of the rump Yugoslavia in 1999 and has backed Belgrade's opposition to independence for mostly ethnic Albanian Kosovo, defying the United States and preventing Kosovo from getting a seat at the United Nations.Putin reiterates Russia […]
- Kosovo is fully behind America's fight against Isis - The Guardian 30/09/2014The GuardianKosovo is fully behind America's fight against IsisThe GuardianKosovo is a country where the majority of the population declare themselves to be Muslim. But Kosovars wholly reject the religious dogma proposed by radical strains of political Islam, and we shall not allow it to endanger our path towards eventual ...
- ASU engineering student co-founds initiative to combat poverty in Kosovo - The State Press 10/10/2014The State PressASU engineering student co-founds initiative to combat poverty in KosovoThe State Press“Our vision is to see a Kosovo without poverty, and we believe that youth should be the driving force out of poverty,” Dida said. “Prosperity Initiative in Kosovo is focused on empowering youth to be actively involved with generating solutions to get ... […]
- Why is there tension between Serbia and Albania? - euronews 17/10/2014euronewsWhy is there tension between Serbia and Albania?euronewsA Euro2016 qualifier betweeen Serbia and Albania was called off on October 14, 2014, after fights among players and supporters, sparked by a drone with a pro-Kosovo flag landing on the pitch. Here euronews examines why both countries are at ...Serbia-Albania match suspended after flag-carrying s […]
- Kosovo 'jihad' boy home from Syria after secret operation - BBC News 16/10/2014
- Macedonia Offers Incentives to Tourists From Region 21/10/2014Macedonia plans to offer subsidies to tourists coming from neighbouring Bulgaria, Serbia and Bosnia - as long as they come by plane and stay at least a week.
- Key Romanian Politician Quits Over Corruption Probe 21/10/2014The vice-president of Romania's lower house of parliament has resigned from his post following accusations of corruption.
- Montenegro, Albania, Kosovo to Sign Border Deal 21/10/2014Montenegro, Kosovo and Albania are preparing to sign a trilateral agreement that will mark 'the meeting point of the three borders'.
- Albania Ministry Queried Over VIP Football Tickets 21/10/2014A watchdog has revealed that the Ministry of Justice broke the law to use public funds to buy senior officials VIP tickets for the Euro 2016 qualifying match in Elbasan.
- Rise in Bosnia War Crime Indictments Tests Courts 21/10/2014The Bosnian prosecution has indicted 63 people for war crimes this year – a record number compared to previous years – but the increase is stretching the system’s ability to cope.
- Bosnia's Stricken SDP Promises Radical Shake-up 21/10/2014After the party's catastrophic results in the elections, leaders of Bosnia's Social Democrats accepted responsibility for the disaster and promised root-and-branch reform.
- Fugitive Montenegrin Drugs Baron Arrested 21/10/2014Suspected Montenegrin drug king pin Safet Kalic has been arrested in Austria, after more than three years on the run.
- Croatian Corruption Team Swoops on Zagreb Mayor 21/10/2014Milan Bandic is facing an interrogation at the hands of Croatia's Office for Suppression of Corruption and Organized Crime, USKOK, concering a number of corruption allegations.
- Romania ups Defences Against Ebola Outbreak 21/10/2014Romania is taking steps to stop Ebola from entering the country - and ensure that if cases occur, the authorities can handle matters.
- Mladic Witness: Bosniak Prisoners Murdered in Rogatica 21/10/2014A defence witness admitted at Ratko Mladic’s trial that some prisoners held by Bosnian Serb forces at the Rasadnik camp in Rogatica were murdered in 1992 by ‘extremists’.
- US Praises Macedonian Law to Jail Militants 20/10/2014Increased jail terms for Macedonians who fight alongside foreign paramilitary groups will aid the global battle against terrorism if the law is properly implemented, a US diplomat said.
- Bosniak Fighters Deny Serb Prisoner Abuses in Srebrenik 20/10/2014Three former Bosnian military security officials pleaded not guilty to war crimes against civilians, some of whom were allegedly tortured, in the Srebrenik municipality in 1992.
- Police Searches Continue After Zagreb Mayor Arrested 20/10/2014Croatian police have been searching homes and offices after Zagreb mayor Milan Bandic was detained in a major operation over alleged corruption and abuse of office, alongside 18 other suspects.
- Striking Serbian Lawyers Protest in Belgrade 20/10/2014Several thousand lawyers who have been on strike since the middle of September demonstrated in front of the Serbian government building in Belgrade.
- Montenegrin Serbs Allege Language Discrimination 20/10/2014Serb organisations in Montenegro urged the authorities to end what they said was discrimination against the Serbian language in the country.
- Macedonia Offers Incentives to Tourists From Region 21/10/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO