PRISTINA, KOSOVO — “It is good that we have the Constitutional Court and I … will respect its decision” Pacolli said after the Court ruled that the election of the President of the Republic of Kosovo was unconstitutional ++ seemingly on Friday or on Monday next week the Assembly of Kosovo will hold a session to vote for the President of Kosovo ++ The War Veteran associations, the Assembly of students of the University of Pristina, and the NGOs network “Democracy in Action” protested yesterday in Pristina against the latest arrests of former Kosovo Liberation Army members and the arrest warrant issued against MP Fatmir Limaj ++ Between 24 March and 22 June 1999, an estimated 10,356 ethnic Albanians were killed in Kosovo during the wars in former Yugoslavia – according to victims data recently published by The Hague Tribunal – with an additional “… departure of at least 700,000 Kosovo Albanians from Kosovo in the short period of time between the end of March and beginning of June 1999” ++ read more here: News Monitor 30.03.2011, Broadcast Monitor 29.03.2011
- Kosovo athletes start training for Rio Olympics - USA TODAY 31/10/2014USA TODAYKosovo athletes start training for Rio OlympicsUSA TODAYPRISTINA, Kosovo (AP) — A week after gaining provisional recognition from the IOC, Kosovo is already preparing in earnest for the 2016 Olympics. Swimmers and table tennis players are in training as Kosovo gets ready to send an independent team to the ...IOC Grants Kosovo Olympic Committee Provi […]
- "REpower Kosovo" - Huffington Post 30/10/2014Huffington Post"REpower Kosovo"Huffington PostFor Europe's youngest nation, Kosovo, its vast reserves of lignite have been both a blessing and a curse. As the country progresses, this abundance of lignite has trapped it into using only this source of energy for its needs. Lignite is known to be ...
- EU Kosovo mission shaken by corruption allegations - EurActiv 31/10/2014EurActivEU Kosovo mission shaken by corruption allegationsEurActivThe European Union mission in Kosovo, meant to help the state develop its justice system, urged Kosovars yesterday (30 October) not to lose trust over allegations at least two senior staffers took bribes to drop criminal charges. The mission, known as ...EU mission in Kosovo rocked by corrupti […]
- Political crisis in Kosovo thwarts president's historic Serbia visit - Reuters UK 30/10/2014Reuters UKPolitical crisis in Kosovo thwarts president's historic Serbia visitReuters UKThe visit would have been the first by a Kosovo head of state since the former Serbian province broke away in war in 1999 and declared independence with the backing of the West in 2008. Serbia does not recognise Kosovo but has softened policy towards ...Political cri […]
- Recently recognized Kosovo athletes start training for Rio Olympics - FOXSports.com 30/10/2014Recently recognized Kosovo athletes start training for Rio OlympicsFOXSports.comPRISTINA, Kosovo -- A week after gaining provisional recognition from the IOC, Kosovo is already preparing in earnest for the 2016 Olympics. Swimmers and table tennis players are in training as Kosovo gets ready to send an independent team to the games ...
- Kosovo granted provisional Olympic recognition by IOC - Reuters 22/10/2014USA TODAYKosovo granted provisional Olympic recognition by IOCReutersKosovo declared independence from Serbia in 2008, almost a decade after NATO went to war to halt the massacre and expulsion of Albanians by Serbian forces waging a two-year counter-insurgency under late strongman Slobodan Milosevic. Belgrade ...Serbia protests IOC Kosovo provisional recogni […]
- Kosovo Continues to Improve in Doing Business Regulatory Environment - Digjitale 31/10/2014Kosovo Continues to Improve in Doing Business Regulatory EnvironmentDigjitaleA new report by the World Bank Group, Doing Business 2015: Going Beyond Efficiency, shows that, in the past year, Kosovo has further improved the regulatory environment for entrepreneurs, adding to the gains recorded in the last two years. In ...
- Kosovo pitches peace treaty, recognition to old master Serbia - Reuters 23/10/2014ReutersKosovo pitches peace treaty, recognition to old master SerbiaReutersBELGRADE (Reuters) - Kosovo urged old master Serbia on Thursday to recognize it as independent during the first visit to Belgrade by a foreign minister of the ex-Serbian province that showed how relations have evolved from open hostility to functional ...Kosovo minister Enver Hoxhaj m […]
- EU Kosovo mission to investigate claims of graft in own ranks - Reuters UK 27/10/2014B92EU Kosovo mission to investigate claims of graft in own ranksReuters UKPRISTINA (Reuters) - The European Union justice mission in Kosovo (EULEX) is looking into allegations some of its senior staff may have dropped criminal charges against some defendants from Kosovo in return for money, the leading newspaper Koha ...Nick Butler: Recognising Kosovo was a […]
- Kosovo: Five Serb houses demolished in Djakovica - InSerbia News 30/10/2014InSerbia NewsKosovo: Five Serb houses demolished in DjakovicaInSerbia NewsDirector of the Serbian government's Office for Kosovo-Metohija (KiM) Marko Djuric Tuesday condemned in the strongest terms the destruction of five Serb houses in Djakovica, and asked the international community and the Albanian authorities in Pristina ...
- Kosovo athletes start training for Rio Olympics - USA TODAY 31/10/2014
- Probe Demanded Into EULEX Corruption Allegations 31/10/2014The European Parliament’s Vice President, Ulrike Lunacek, said allegations that an official at the EU's Kosovo law mission EULEX took bribes to shut down cases must be investigated.
- Kosovo Murder Retrial Urged After EU Bribe Claims 31/10/2014The family of three murder victims called for a retrial after allegations that an EU rule-of-law mission judge in Kosovo took a bribe to clear one of the suspects.
- Bosnian Serbs, Croats Cement Alliance on Govt 31/10/2014Bosnia's main Serbian and Croatian parties on Thursday agreed on a basis for the formation of a new governments - and invited Bosniak parties to join the talks.
- Croatia Changes Tax Rates to Boost Liquidity 31/10/2014Croatia has presented a package of fiscal measures aimed at pumping more money back into the economy and easing companies' liquidity problems.
- Montenegro Police Brace for Second Gay Pride 31/10/2014Podgorica's second Gay Pride parade, planned for October, will be go ahead on November 2 amid tight security in the capital.
- Kosovo Faces Budget Crisis Over Political Logjam 31/10/2014While Kosovo remains stuck in political deadlock, economists warn that the failure to form a government that can approve the budget risks pushing Kosovo into a fiscal limbo.
- Romania-Moldova Gas Pipeline Still Not Open 31/10/2014A gas pipeline linking Moldova to Romania, aimed at reducing the former Soviet country's dependence on Russian gas, is still not working despite promises from politicians.
- Mladic Witness: Serb-Run Hospital Helped Bosniaks 31/10/2014A doctor testified in Ratko Mladic’s defence at the Hague Tribunal that the hospital in the Serb-run town of Foca did not turn away Bosniaks who needed treatment during wartime.
- BIRN Interviews Prosecutor and Judge in EULEX Scandal 30/10/2014EULEX prosecutor Maria Bamieh and judge Francesco Florit spoke in detail to BIRN's Jeta ne Kosove TV programme about corruption allegations which have rocked the EU rule-of law-mission in Kosovo.
- Romanian Dairy Sector Hit by Russia Food Ban 30/10/2014Sales of Romanian diary products are declining, with cheaper EU products flooding the country following Russia ban.
- Bosnians Punished Parties in Power, Panel Says 30/10/2014The recent elections showed that Bosnians voted against the incumbent political parties rather than for the ones that won, a panel discussion organised by psychologists has heard.
- Half a Million Croats Petition Against Highway Sale 30/10/2014Campaigners against privatisation of the nation's highways have collected half-a-million signatures, and are now pressing for a nationwide referendum.
- Protesting Croatian Veterans Take Demands to Parliament 30/10/2014The former soldiers, who are in their second week of non-stop protests, went to the Croatian parliament to repeat their demand for the sacking of the war veterans minister.
- Radovan Karadzic Demands Secret Diplomatic Cables 30/10/2014Former Bosnian Serb political leader Karadzic wants the Hague Tribunal to reopen his defence case to admit confidential cables from Western ambassadors he believes will help prove his innocence.
- EU Kosovo Mission ‘Probing Internal Corruption Claims’ 30/10/2014The head of the EU’s Kosovo rule-of-law mission rejected one of its prosecutor’s claims that it ignored internal corruption allegations and insisted it was investigating the alleged graft.
- Probe Demanded Into EULEX Corruption Allegations 31/10/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO