PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The Constitutional Court decided that since 31 March there has been an acting President of Kosovo, which is the Assembly Speaker Krasniqi ++ The Court said in addition, that there should not be extraordinary elections ++ LDK senior official Ismet Beqiri said that the LDK MPs will not attend the Assembly session when the President will be voted – whereas Kosovo PM Thaci warns that the boycott by the opposition may lead the country to extraordinary elections and that Kosovo budget may be at risk ++ The Kosovo delegation for the Prishtina-Belgrade talks has seemingly made a compromise to receive only the verified copies of the civil registry books from Serbia ++ The head of the European Commission Jose Manual Barroso might not visit Kosovo during his Balkan next week. Diplomats think that Kosovo is avoided by international leaders because of the bad image of the Kosovo authorities ++ Read more here: Media Monitor 02.04.2011 / Broadcast Monitor 01.04.2011
- IOC to discuss possibility of granting Kosovo Olympic recognition - The Guardian 22/10/2014The GuardianIOC to discuss possibility of granting Kosovo Olympic recognitionThe Guardian“For four years now, the Serbian Olympic Committee has successfully blocked attempts by the unilaterally declared Republic of Kosovo to gain IOC membership through various channels, while the Serbian authorities have also been timely informed of these ...IOC to discuss p […]
- Kosovo envoy hails Turkish firms' role in reconstruction of country - Hurriyet Daily News 21/10/2014Hurriyet Daily NewsKosovo envoy hails Turkish firms' role in reconstruction of countryHurriyet Daily News“Turkey is supporting us to reconstruct the state of Kosovo and recover the damaged economy,” Consulate General of Kosovo in Turkey Avni Spahiu said on Oct. 21, speaking during a visit to the governor of the Central Anatolian province of Kayseri, Orh […]
- "Serb returnees house set on fire" - B92 22/10/2014B92"Serb returnees house set on fire"B92Frequency of incidents directed against Serbs and their Church in Kosovo are alarming.West has been in Serbian province of Kosmet for more than 15 years,they came with publicly stated goal:To create new democratic State of Kosovo with all civil ...Albanian Premier Postpones Serbia Trip After Episode at Soccer […]
- Kosovo 'jihad' boy home from Syria after secret operation - BBC News 16/10/2014BBC NewsKosovo 'jihad' boy home from Syria after secret operationBBC NewsAn eight-year-old boy from Kosovo has been reunited with his mother after his jihadist father kept him for five months in Syria. Kosovo's Prime Minister, Hashim Thaci, said the country's intelligence agency had found and rescued Erion Abazi with help ...Eight-year-ol […]
- Kosovo: 8-Year-Old Boy Returns Home From Jihadist Camp - Eurasia Review 21/10/2014Eurasia ReviewKosovo: 8-Year-Old Boy Returns Home From Jihadist CampEurasia ReviewErion Zena, the 8-year-old boy who was taken to a jihad camp in Syria by his father, was returned to Kosovo and to his mother on Wednesday (October 15th). Working with regional agencies on the ground in Iraq and Syria, the Kosovo intelligence service ...
- Intelligence co-operation leads to boy's repatriation from an ISIL camp in Syria. - Southeast European Times 20/10/2014Intelligence co-operation leads to boy's repatriation from an ISIL camp in Syria.Southeast European TimesErion Zena, the 8-year-old boy who was taken to a jihad camp in Syria by his father, was returned to Kosovo and to his mother on Wednesday (October 15th). Working with regional agencies on the ground in Iraq and Syria, the Kosovo intelligence service […]
- The boy from Kosovo who grew up to be a suicide bomber - BBC News 09/10/2014BBC NewsThe boy from Kosovo who grew up to be a suicide bomberBBC NewsIn Kosovo it used to be the case that families were culturally Muslim, but rarely devout believers. Recently though some young people have become radicalised. Up to 200 are thought to be fighting in Syria and Iraq causing heartbreak for those left behind.and more »
- Putin Vows To Support Serbia On Kosovo - RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty 16/10/2014RadioFreeEurope/RadioLibertyPutin Vows To Support Serbia On KosovoRadioFreeEurope/RadioLibertyRussia angrily criticized the NATO bombing of the rump Yugoslavia in 1999 and has backed Belgrade's opposition to independence for mostly ethnic Albanian Kosovo, defying the United States and preventing Kosovo from getting a seat at the United Nations.Kosovo pr […]
- Mother reunited with 8-year-old son taken to Syria by his jihadi father - CTV News 17/10/2014CTV NewsMother reunited with 8-year-old son taken to Syria by his jihadi fatherCTV NewsPRISTINA, Kosovo -- It started out as a father-and-son trip to Kosovo's western mountains in July. It turned into a months-long ordeal for an 8-year-old boy who was taken to war-torn Syria by his jihadi father and only returned following a shadowy ...Kosovo thanks Tur […]
- The Kosovo progress report: no accountability, no future - Osservatorio Balcani e Caucaso 22/10/2014Osservatorio Balcani e CaucasoThe Kosovo progress report: no accountability, no futureOsservatorio Balcani e CaucasoThe European Commission has just unveiled its annual analysis of Kosovo from the perspective of the general criteria for EU accession, the “Copenhagen criteria”. I shall comment some quotations concerning the rule of law, and shall also compare […]
- IOC to discuss possibility of granting Kosovo Olympic recognition - The Guardian 22/10/2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO