PRISTINA, KOSOVO – The Constitutional Court decided that since 31 March there has been an acting President of Kosovo, which is the Assembly Speaker Krasniqi ++ The Court said in addition, that there should not be extraordinary elections ++ LDK senior official Ismet Beqiri said that the LDK MPs will not attend the Assembly session when the President will be voted – whereas Kosovo PM Thaci warns that the boycott by the opposition may lead the country to extraordinary elections and that Kosovo budget may be at risk ++ The Kosovo delegation for the Prishtina-Belgrade talks has seemingly made a compromise to receive only the verified copies of the civil registry books from Serbia ++ The head of the European Commission Jose Manual Barroso might not visit Kosovo during his Balkan next week. Diplomats think that Kosovo is avoided by international leaders because of the bad image of the Kosovo authorities ++ Read more here: Media Monitor 02.04.2011 / Broadcast Monitor 01.04.2011
Search NEWS > KOSOVO
- EU integration: progress reports for Albania, Serbia, Kosovo, Iceland - European Parliament (press release) 05/12/2013www.worldbulletin.netEU integration: progress reports for Albania, Serbia, Kosovo, IcelandEuropean Parliament (press release)Foreign affairs MEPs called on Thursday on the Council to grant Albania EU candidate status without undue delay. In separate resolutions, they also assessed last year's progress by Serbia, Kosovo and Iceland. While stressing their […]
- Moroccan peacekeeper killed in Kosovo car accident - GlobalPost 05/12/2013Moroccan peacekeeper killed in Kosovo car accidentGlobalPostA Moroccan soldier died Thursday when a car with peacekeepers went off the road and fell into the Ibar river in northern Kosovo, NATO-led international forces (KFOR) and media said. "The soldiers were returning to their headquarters as part of routine ...and more »
- Preliminary Results From Kosovo Runoff Bring Surprises - RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty 03/12/2013RadioFreeEurope/RadioLibertyPreliminary Results From Kosovo Runoff Bring SurprisesRadioFreeEurope/RadioLibertyRFE/RL's Balkan Service reports that Shpend Ahmeti from the ethnic Albanian nationalist Self-Determination movement won the election for mayor in the capital, Pristina, a longtime stronghold of the biggest opposition party, the Democratic League […]
- Source: Tanjug, NIIN - B92 05/12/2013Source: Tanjug, NIINB92"Kosovo can have small chair in UN corridors". Source: Tanjug, NIIN. Parliament Speaker Nebojša Stefanović has said that he "does not know who in the government is working against the interests of the state." Show here the full text of the article.
- Kosovo and the Caucasus: A Domino Effect - InSerbia News 05/12/2013InSerbia NewsKosovo and the Caucasus: A Domino EffectInSerbia NewsAfter February 2008 when Kosovo Albanian-dominated Parliament proclaimed Kosovo independence (without organizing a referenda) with obvious US diplomatic support (unilateral recognition) with explanation that the Kosovo case is unique in the World ...
- Source: Tanjug, Večernje novosti - B92 05/12/2013InSerbia NewsSource: Tanjug, Večernje novostiB92Bosnian ambassador says his country "won't recognize Kosovo". Source: Tanjug, Večernje novosti. Serbia and Bosnia-Herzegovina still have a number of issues to resolve, such as borders and succession, says Ranko Škrbić. Show here the full text of the ...Sarajevo will not recognize Kosovo - BiH Amb […]
- Withdrawing courts from Kosovo "equal to recognition" - B92 03/12/2013Withdrawing courts from Kosovo "equal to recognition"B92Boljević said last week that the new Law on the Organization of the Courts and Prosecutions stipulates that the issue of the courts in Kosovo would be determined by a special law on essential autonomy, but added in that case, a referendum should be called.
- Commission announces results of Kosovo vote - B92 03/12/2013Commission announces results of Kosovo voteB92In the municipality of Novo Brdo, the Democratic Alliance of Kosovo (DAK) won four seats, Srpska won three seats, the Survival list won two, the Democratic Initiative also two, and the Serb Initiative, the SLS, the Common Future list and the Democratic ...
- With military commitments in Africa, France to leave Kosovo - Reuters 28/11/2013www.worldbulletin.netWith military commitments in Africa, France to leave KosovoReutersPRISTINA (Reuters) - NATO confirmed on Thursday that France plans to withdraw its 320 troops from Kosovo, citing commitments in Mali and a pending French intervention in Central African Republic. Speaking in Kosovo, NATO's top military commander, ...NATO: France to pu […]
- Kosovo Foreign Minister: Europe is not Complete without the Balkans - Novinite.com 03/12/2013Novinite.comKosovo Foreign Minister: Europe is not Complete without the BalkansNovinite.comKosovo's Foreign Minister Enver Hoxhaj was on an official visit to Bulgaria, where he met with the President, Prime Minister, and Foreign Minister. During the talks with his Bulgarian counterpart Kristian Vigenin, the two countries signed a Memorandum ...
- EU integration: progress reports for Albania, Serbia, Kosovo, Iceland - European Parliament (press release) 05/12/2013
- Bosnian Missing Persons Hunt Praised as Success 05/12/2013The methods used in Bosnia to find wartime missing persons should be implemented in post-conflict situations all over the world, a conference in Sarajevo was told.
- Romanian Daily Quits Print, Goes Online 05/12/2013Decision of “ProSport” to abandon print editions highlights the challenges facing the financially troubled mass media in Romania
- Skopje to Give Birth to Egg-Shaped Concert Hall 05/12/2013After a half-century of service, Skopje’s landmark Universal Hall will be demolished and replaced by a new one, twice its size, in the form of an egg.
- Romania MPs Back Austerity Budget 05/12/2013Parliament has approved a tough state budget for next year, but its future remains unclear as the President says he is minded to reject it.
- Kosovo Mayor Denied War Crimes Case Release 05/12/2013War crimes suspect Sami Lushtaku, who was recently re-elected mayor of the Kosovo municipality of Skenderaj/Srbice, was denied temporary release in order to be sworn in.
- Grisly Hospital Bone Find Triggers Row in Bosnia 05/12/2013The belated discovery of bags of human bones in the basement of Zenica hospital has prompted a row over why they were not sent for identification years ago.
- Montenegro, Serbia Top Strasbourg Complaints list 05/12/2013Court report reveals that roughly one in every 600 citizens of each of the two Balkan countries has filed a lawsuit against the government.
- Bronze Serbian Tsar Upsets Macedonia Albanians 05/12/2013The erection of a statue of the Serbian Tsar Dusan in the Macedonian capital of Skopje has angered some representatives of the country’s sizeable Albanian minority.
- Albania Pushes on With Anti-Corruption Package 05/12/2013The government seems determined to push an anti-corruption reform package through parliament despite concerns expressed by the United States and the OSCE.
- Romania Reignites Row Over ‘Racist’ Britain 04/12/2013Minister makes waves in UK by declaring that Romanians only take jobs that welfare-addicted Britons won’t undertake.
- Seven Arrested For War Crimes in Bosnia's Northwest 04/12/2013Bosnia's State Investigation and Protection Agency, SIPA, has arrested seven people suspected over crimes committed in the Kotor Varos area in 1992.
- Custody Sought for Five Released Convicts 04/12/2013Bosnia's State prosecution has sought custody for five people released after the Constitutional Court quashed a genocide verdict for Srebrenica, to which the defence then objected.
- Bosnian Missing Persons Hunt Praised as Success 05/12/2013
Feedburner NEWS KOSOVO
- Indictments on Organ Trading against Citizens from Turkey and Israel
- Inauguration of Kosovo War Crimes Institute
- Kosovo Liberation Day
- Kosovo PM Thaci to be investigated on Marty Report allegations
- Kosovo-Serbia Talks postponed
- Corruption at Kosovo customs and PTK
- Andorra recognized Kosovo
- Explosion in "Ferronikel" Company
We need your help !If you want to write constructive critically on any issue regarding the Republic of Kosovo, please contact email@example.com
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!