PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The Constitutional Court decided that since 31 March there has been an acting President of Kosovo, which is the Assembly Speaker Krasniqi ++ The Court said in addition, that there should not be extraordinary elections ++ LDK senior official Ismet Beqiri said that the LDK MPs will not attend the Assembly session when the President will be voted – whereas Kosovo PM Thaci warns that the boycott by the opposition may lead the country to extraordinary elections and that Kosovo budget may be at risk ++ The Kosovo delegation for the Prishtina-Belgrade talks has seemingly made a compromise to receive only the verified copies of the civil registry books from Serbia ++ The head of the European Commission Jose Manual Barroso might not visit Kosovo during his Balkan next week. Diplomats think that Kosovo is avoided by international leaders because of the bad image of the Kosovo authorities ++ Read more here: Media Monitor 02.04.2011 / Broadcast Monitor 01.04.2011
- UNSC backs war crimes court for Kosovo - B92 01/09/2014B92UNSC backs war crimes court for KosovoB92Serbian Foreign Minister Ivica Dačić said that Serbia expects a special court to be set up as soon as possible, by the beginning of the next year at the latest, before which indictments will be raised against leaders of the Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA) ...
- Kosovo: citing recent unrest, UN envoy urges close vigilance to safeguard ... - UN News Centre 29/08/2014UN News CentreKosovo: citing recent unrest, UN envoy urges close vigilance to safeguard ...UN News Centre29 August 2014 – The United Nations envoy for Kosovo today said that while great strides have been made since last year toward normalisation of relations between Belgrade and Pristina, close vigilance remains essential to safeguard achievements and ...Ser […]
- The Hidden Growth of Islamic Extremism in Kosovo - New Eastern Europe 22/08/2014The EconomistThe Hidden Growth of Islamic Extremism in KosovoNew Eastern EuropeKosova independence Vienna 17-02-2008 b The recent arrest of 40 alleged Islamic radicals in Kosovo together with the arrest of one of the Kosovo Imams suspected of being an inspirer of jihad in the region brought serious questions about the ...Holy warriorsThe Economist (blog)Turk […]
- Discovery: A Clothing Shop Inspired by Hillary Clinton in Kosovo (of All Places) - Yahoo Travel 27/08/2014Yahoo TravelDiscovery: A Clothing Shop Inspired by Hillary Clinton in Kosovo (of All Places)Yahoo TravelDrive down Bill Clinton Boulevard in Pristina, Kosovo's capital, and you would be hard-pressed to miss the gleaming, 10-foot-tall statue of the former president of the United States waving. It's an impressive monument to honor Clinton for his hel […]
- Pakistan, Kosovo heads of state hold first-ever meeting - Daily Times 29/08/2014Business RecorderPakistan, Kosovo heads of state hold first-ever meetingDaily TimesPakistan formally recognised the Republic of Kosovo in December 2012 which was followed by a visit of Pakistan's special envoy in January 2013 and a visit by Kosovo's foreign affairs minister in March 2014. The two leaders discussed bilateral relations ...Pakistan-Ko […]
- Kosovo pays homage to Hillary Clinton with a clothing shop - The Independent 29/08/2014The IndependentKosovo pays homage to Hillary Clinton with a clothing shopThe IndependentThe shop is on a road called Bill Clinton Boulevard, which has a 10-foot-tall statue of the former president of the United States to honour him for his help in ending the conflict with Yugoslavia during the Kosovo War in the late 1990s. The most ...In Kosovo, shoppers flo […]
- Jihad 'Made in Kosovo' - Deutsche Welle 24/08/2014Jewish Daily ForwardJihad 'Made in Kosovo'Deutsche WelleThe act that triggered the largest police action in Kosovo since the war in 1999 was terrible and barbaric. The Kosovar jihadist Lavdrim Muhaxeri posted before and after photos of the beheading of a 19-year-old in Syria, where the jihadist is currently ...In Muslim Kosovo, Lingering Jews Stake […]
- Kosovo: Warrants for arrest of Zubin Potok Mayor and former mayor - InSerbia News 31/08/2014InSerbia NewsKosovo: Warrants for arrest of Zubin Potok Mayor and former mayorInSerbia NewsVachter stated that Kosovo judges and prosecutors acting as part of the EULEX mission are investigating and discussing only the facts and evidence and not ethnicity or status. Since 2008, 481 suspects were tried before chambers featuring EULEX judges, ...and more »
- War crimes in Kosovo - The Economist 07/08/2014B92War crimes in KosovoThe EconomistTHIS is Kosovo's holiday-and-wedding season, but some in the small Balkan state don't feel much like celebrating this year. On July 29th Clint Williamson, an American prosecutor leading a special European Union task-force investigating war crimes, came ...UNSC to hold session on Kosovo on Aug 25B92Bill Clinton […]
- Imam arrested in Kosovo on suspicion of recruiting Islamist fighters - Reuters 14/08/2014Aljazeera.comImam arrested in Kosovo on suspicion of recruiting Islamist fightersReutersKosovo's parliament is expected to pass legislation soon banning citizens from joining foreign insurgencies, with a maximum sentence of 15 years in prison on conviction. A number of European countries including Britain, France and the Netherlands have ...Kosovo arres […]
- UNSC backs war crimes court for Kosovo - B92 01/09/2014
- Bosnia Arrests 13 War Crimes Suspects 01/09/2014The Bosnian State Investigation and Protection Agency arrested 13 people on suspicion of taking part in crimes against humanity, including over 40 murders, in Doboj and Teslic in 1992.
- New Bulgaria Bank Crisis Threatens Confidence 01/09/2014Failure to resolve the fate of the country’s fourth-largest lender could undermine recently strengthened investor trust and turn Bulgaria into ‘Europe’s Argentina’, experts warn.
- Macedonia Hopes to Lure Hollywood Filmmakers 01/09/2014Macedonia hopes to reap a long-term benefit from a team of Hollywood filmmakers who have agreed to come and search for possible movie locations in the country while shooting some promotional videos.
- Romania Nominates Woman for EU Commissioner 01/09/2014Romanian Prime Minister Victor Ponta said he has nominated a woman for an EU commissioner post’s as well as the current EU agriculture commissioner, Dacian Ciolos.
- Croatia Threatens Serbia’s EU Path Over Wartime Missing 01/09/2014Zagreb said it could obstruct Serbia and other Balkan countries’ paths to EU membership if they do not provide more information about Croats who went missing during the 1991-95 war.
- Book Fans Head For Zagreb Literary Festival 01/09/2014Writers and lovers of the printed word will be celebrating the latest literary achievements at the Festival of World Literature in Zagreb, Croatia.
- Sky-High Roaming Charges to Go in Balkans 01/09/2014Regulatory agencies in the Balkans have finally agreed to phase out mobile phone roaming charges, which are much higher than those in Western Europe.
- Siege of Sarajevo ‘Was War, Not Chess’ 01/09/2014A former Bosnian Serb officer told the trial of his military commander Ratko Mladic that his unit didn’t deploy snipers against Sarajevo residents but did use heavy artillery to defend Serbs.
- Man Shot Dead in Woods in Northern Kosovo 29/08/2014A Kosovo Albanian has been killed and two others were wounded in the forests in Kosovo, allegedly by a person in a Serbian army uniform.
- Ex-Yugoslav Presidents Sign Missing Persons Declaration 29/08/2014The presidents of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Montenegro and Serbia signed a landmark declaration aimed at speeding up the search for people still missing from the 1990s conflicts.
- Serbia Denies Avoiding Prosecutions of Top Officials 29/08/2014Serbian war crimes prosecutor Vladimir Vukcevic denied allegations that Belgrade was not prosecuting high-ranking war crimes suspects, arguing that it was the Hague Tribunal’s job.
- Bulgaria Accuses Russia of Waging 'Information War' 29/08/2014Defence Ministry report says Bulgaria is in an information war with Russia, as the Kremlin strives to regain its lost influence in the former Soviet bloc.
- War Crimes Court in Focus at UN Kosovo Debate 29/08/2014At Friday's UN session on Kosovo, the formation of a special court to try war crimes committed by Kosovo Albanian fighters in the 1990s will be on the agenda.
- Merkel Hails Progress in Balkan Cooperation 29/08/2014At the end of the West Balkan leaders' summit in Berlin, the German Chancellor praised leaders for working together more closely - and said their countries are on the right track in terms of eventual EU membership.
- Kosovo Protesters Stop Serbs From Attending Church 29/08/2014Several hundred Kosovo Albanians protesting about missing persons from the conflict of the 1990s prevented a busload of Serbs from attending a church service in western Kosovo.
- Bosnia Arrests 13 War Crimes Suspects 01/09/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO