PRISTINA, KOSOVO – The Constitutional Court decided that since 31 March there has been an acting President of Kosovo, which is the Assembly Speaker Krasniqi ++ The Court said in addition, that there should not be extraordinary elections ++ LDK senior official Ismet Beqiri said that the LDK MPs will not attend the Assembly session when the President will be voted – whereas Kosovo PM Thaci warns that the boycott by the opposition may lead the country to extraordinary elections and that Kosovo budget may be at risk ++ The Kosovo delegation for the Prishtina-Belgrade talks has seemingly made a compromise to receive only the verified copies of the civil registry books from Serbia ++ The head of the European Commission Jose Manual Barroso might not visit Kosovo during his Balkan next week. Diplomats think that Kosovo is avoided by international leaders because of the bad image of the Kosovo authorities ++ Read more here: Media Monitor 02.04.2011 / Broadcast Monitor 01.04.2011
Search NEWS > KOSOVO
- Kosovo brown bears Ari and Arina released into sanctuary after a decade held ... - Fox News 23/05/2013Kosovo brown bears Ari and Arina released into sanctuary after a decade held ...Fox NewsMRAMOR, Kosovo – Two brown bears have been released into a special sanctuary after being held in a 20-square-meter cage almost their entire lives to amuse visitors at a Kosovo restaurant. Ari and Arina, both 10 years old, were taken to their new, much ...and more »
- EU probes ally of Kosovo PM, ambassador for war crimes - Yahoo! News 23/05/2013InSerbia NewsEU probes ally of Kosovo PM, ambassador for war crimesYahoo! NewsPRISTINA (Reuters) - European Union police said on Thursday they had arrested five people, including a wartime ally of Kosovo's prime minister, and were investigating the ambassador to Albania on suspicion of war crimes during Kosovo's 1998-99 conflict.EU in Kosovo arrest […]
- Brown Bears In Kosovo Rescued After Nearly 10 Years In Captivity - Huffington Post 23/05/2013Brown Bears In Kosovo Rescued After Nearly 10 Years In CaptivityHuffington PostMRAMOR, Kosovo (AP) — Two brown bears have been released into a special sanctuary after being held in a 20-square-meter cage almost their entire lives to amuse visitors at a Kosovo restaurant. Ari and Arina, both 10 years old, were taken to their new, ...Bears rescued from captivi […]
- Serbia, Kosovo agree way forward on plan to normalize ties - Yahoo! News 22/05/2013Yahoo! NewsSerbia, Kosovo agree way forward on plan to normalize tiesYahoo! NewsReuters/Reuters - Kosovo's Prime Minister Hashim Thaci talks to the media after a meeting with Serbian Prime Minister Ivica Dacic and European Union foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton in Brussels April 19, …more 2013. REUTERS/Yves Herman less ...Serbia, Kosovo settle agre […]
- Serbia and Kosovo agree normalisation roadmap - European Voice 23/05/2013Serbia and Kosovo agree normalisation roadmapEuropean VoiceImplementing the normalisation deal is critical for Serbia's hope that a summit of member states' leaders at the end of next month will set a date for the start of EU membership talks. Kosovo is hoping for the start of negotiations on a pre-accession ...
- Kosovo: Moving toward the Dream of European Integration - World Bank Group 21/05/2013Kosovo: Moving toward the Dream of European IntegrationWorld Bank GroupThe World Bank Group has worked closely with other development partners to help Kosovo—a full member since mid-2009—to recover from the 1999 war, reinforce the economic foundation supporting its political independence in 2008, and strengthen public ...
- Five people arrested in Kosovo under suspicion of war crimes - InSerbia News 23/05/2013InSerbia NewsFive people arrested in Kosovo under suspicion of war crimesInSerbia NewsEULEX released that five individuals are suspected of war crimes, inflicting injuries and violation of bodily integrity and bringing into jeopardy the health of civilians in the prison centre of the so-called Kosovo Liberation Army in Likovac ...
- Troops complete training, head to Kosovo - DVIDS 23/05/2013Troops complete training, head to KosovoDVIDSCAMP BONDSTEEL, Kosovo - For the past decade, troops have been training for deployments centered mostly around Iraq and Afghanistan, but with the change in pace, troops from Charlie Company, 1st Squadron, 38th Cavalry Regiment, Fort Bragg, N.C., ...
- Peace stone from Hiroshima presented to Kosovo - The Japan Times 21/05/2013Peace stone from Hiroshima presented to KosovoThe Japan TimesPRISTINA – A Hiroshima-based citizens' group has presented the former Yugoslav autonomous region of Kosovo with a stone from the 1945 atomic bombing engraved with an image of a Buddhist goddess of mercy. A ceremony to mark the donation of the ...
- Vulin to remain Office for Kosovo director - B92 22/05/2013B92Vulin to remain Office for Kosovo directorB92Vulin resigned as Office for Kosovo director a month ago, after an agreement on normalization of relations between Belgrade and Priština was initialed because he did not agree with the document. He said at the time that he was resigning for two reasons ...
- Kosovo brown bears Ari and Arina released into sanctuary after a decade held ... - Fox News 23/05/2013
- Kosovo May Sue US Firm Over Trepca Deal 23/05/2013Kosovo said it will sue companies that establish contracts with the Trepca industrial complex after the US firm New Generation Power did so without due consultation.
- Albania Parties Ignore Call For Donor Transparency 23/05/2013Open Data Albania, a Tirana-based watchdog group, says political parties are failing to make public their lists of campaign donors ahead of the June 23 elections.
- In Pictures: Skopje’s New Square Takes Shape 23/05/2013A square overlooked by a giant 29-metre tall bronze statue of the warrior king Philip of Macedonia is taking its final shape in the centre of the Macedonian capital.
- Urban Incubator Transforms Belgrade’s Spanish house 23/05/2013An old ruin in a neglected part of Belgrade, known as the ‘Spanish House’, will serve as the temporary home of a seven-month culture project.
- European Parliament Votes Against Bosnia Sanctions 23/05/2013European lawmakers voted against a proposal to suspend Bosnia from the Council of Europe and from an EU funds and trade agreement because of its lack of progress on reforms.
- Amnesty Lists Rights Failings in Balkans in 2012 23/05/2013The Amnesty International Report for 2012 listed war crimes prosecutions and discrimination against sexual and ethnic minorities as among the most pressing rights issues in the Balkans.
- Ex Anti-Corruption Kosovo Chief Jailed for Corruption 23/05/2013Five-year sentence for ex-prosecutor who offered to drop investigations against bank officials in exchange for bribes.
- ‘Stress’ Disrupts Bosnian Croats’ Trial For Busovaca Killings 23/05/2013The war crimes trial of two former fighters accused of killing Bosniak civilians in Busovaca in central Bosnia in 1993 was postponed because one defendant fell ill due to stress.
- Kosovo Mayor Arrested For Alleged War Crimes 23/05/2013Police have detained the mayor of Skenderaj/Srbice, Sami Lushtaku, and four other suspects for alleged war crimes against civilian prisoners during the 1999 conflict.
- Howitt Alarmed by Macedonia's EU Prospects 23/05/2013Macedonia's progress towards Europe is in jeopardy, the European Parliament rapporteur warned, blaming both local politicians and the European Council for failing to deliver.
- Tour Operators Cash in on Tito Legend 23/05/2013Tour operators across the former Yugoslavia have spied a lucrative and very capitalist opportunity in the cult surrounding the old Socialist dictator.
- Serbia Introduces Roma Classes to Schools 23/05/2013As of next school year, pupils in 70 Serbian municipalities will be able to take Roma language classes.
- Kosovo May Sue US Firm Over Trepca Deal 23/05/2013
Feedburner NEWS KOSOVO
- Indictments on Organ Trading against Citizens from Turkey and Israel
- Inauguration of Kosovo War Crimes Institute
- Kosovo Liberation Day
- Kosovo PM Thaci to be investigated on Marty Report allegations
- Kosovo-Serbia Talks postponed
- Corruption at Kosovo customs and PTK
- Andorra recognized Kosovo
- Explosion in "Ferronikel" Company
We need your help !If you want to write constructive critically on any issue regarding the Republic of Kosovo, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!