PRISTINA, KOSOVO – The Constitutional Court decided that since 31 March there has been an acting President of Kosovo, which is the Assembly Speaker Krasniqi ++ The Court said in addition, that there should not be extraordinary elections ++ LDK senior official Ismet Beqiri said that the LDK MPs will not attend the Assembly session when the President will be voted – whereas Kosovo PM Thaci warns that the boycott by the opposition may lead the country to extraordinary elections and that Kosovo budget may be at risk ++ The Kosovo delegation for the Prishtina-Belgrade talks has seemingly made a compromise to receive only the verified copies of the civil registry books from Serbia ++ The head of the European Commission Jose Manual Barroso might not visit Kosovo during his Balkan next week. Diplomats think that Kosovo is avoided by international leaders because of the bad image of the Kosovo authorities ++ Read more here: Media Monitor 02.04.2011 / Broadcast Monitor 01.04.2011
- Step by step, Kosovo refugee rebuilds life in Montenegro - UNHCR (press release) 23/07/2014Step by step, Kosovo refugee rebuilds life in MontenegroUNHCR (press release)In 1999 he and his family fled Kosovo for Montenegro with little more than the clothes on their backs. Their belongings and documents were left behind. "We had nothing when we came to Montenegro. Luckily, food was generously provided in the camp, but I ...and more »
- Kosovo court suspends vote on parliament speaker, crisis deepens - Yahoo News 23/07/2014Yahoo NewsKosovo court suspends vote on parliament speaker, crisis deepensYahoo NewsPRISTINA (Reuters) - Kosovo's constitutional court suspended the appointment of the speaker of parliament on Wednesday, deepening a political crisis over who gets to rule the impoverished Balkan country for the next four years. Kosovo is locked in a ...and more »
- Kosovo: 15 years since murder of 14 Serb reapers - InSerbia News 23/07/2014InSerbia NewsKosovo: 15 years since murder of 14 Serb reapersInSerbia NewsDjuric said that the objective of those who committed the massacre was to ensure that “there are no Serbs in Kosovo-Metohija” and underscored that Serbia will fight for this objective never to be achieved and crimes never to happen again. He underlined ...Community of municipalities […]
- New Tribunal to Prosecute Kosovo Guerrillas in 2015 - Balkan Insight 23/07/2014Balkan InsightNew Tribunal to Prosecute Kosovo Guerrillas in 2015Balkan InsightIndictments will be issued for the killings, abduction and deportation of Kosovo Serbs who were imprisoned in many KLA detention camps in Kosovo during the conflict in 1999 and later transferred to Albania, the diplomat said on condition of anonymity.Report on human organ traffick […]
- Kosovo expects findings of organ stealing investigation next week - Reuters 21/07/2014Kosovo expects findings of organ stealing investigation next weekReutersIts conclusions could cause waves in Kosovo, where many in power have roots in the guerrilla Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA) that took up arms against Serbian security forces in the late 1990s and eventually won military support from NATO.and more »
- Bulgaria to Sign Road Transport Agreement with Kosovo - Novinite.com 23/07/2014Bulgaria to Sign Road Transport Agreement with KosovoNovinite.comBulgaria is seeking to regulate transport connections with Kosovo through a new Agreement on International Road Transport of Passengers and Cargo. Bulgaria's Transport Ministry believes that it is necessary to facilitate the creation of a regulatory ...
- Kosovo lawmakers struggle for control of parliament - Reuters UK 17/07/2014Reuters UKKosovo lawmakers struggle for control of parliamentReuters UKAn opposition bloc, supported by deputies representing some of Kosovo's ethnic minorities, elected the leader of the largest opposition party as speaker of parliament, but only after lawmakers from the party of outgoing Prime Minister Hashim Thaci ...Kosovo lawmakers wrestle for cont […]
- Hundreds in Sea Girt for soldiers' Kosovo sendoff - Asbury Park Press 20/07/2014Hundreds in Sea Girt for soldiers' Kosovo sendoffAsbury Park PressSpecialist Matthew McIntyre, with his daughter Eili, 6, Toms River before ceremony saluting the troops of the 1st-150th Assault Helicopter Battalion at the National Guard Training Center in Sea Girt. The Battalion is being deployed to Kosovo for a year ...
- Absent Kosovo makes its presence felt at the World Cup - Al Jazeera America (blog) 01/07/2014Al Jazeera America (blog)Absent Kosovo makes its presence felt at the World CupAl Jazeera America (blog)Kosovo declared independence from Serbia in 2008 and almost immediately applied for membership of the international football organizations. Serbia, which does not recognize Kosovan independence, has opposed this at every turn. Kosovo is not a ...Kosovo pol […]
- Drecun: Docs about murder of 14 Kosovo Serbs extensive, no one convicted - InSerbia News 23/07/2014InSerbia NewsDrecun: Docs about murder of 14 Kosovo Serbs extensive, no one convictedInSerbia NewsBELGRADE – Chairman of the Serbian parliament's Committee on Kosovo- Metohija (KiM) Milovan Drecun said Wednesday that despite extensive documentation on the July 1999 murder of 14 Serb reapers in the village of Staro Gracko, in the municipality of ...
- Step by step, Kosovo refugee rebuilds life in Montenegro - UNHCR (press release) 23/07/2014
- Bosnians Commemorate Killings at Keraterm Concentration Camp 24/07/2014Relatives of Bosniak civilians killed at Keraterm near the town of Prijedor in July 1992 gathered outside the former detention camp to mark the anniversary of their deaths.
- Goran Hadzic Denies Mass Expulsion of Croats 24/07/2014Former Croatian Serb leader Hadzic told his war crimes trial that he was not responsible for the mass expulsion of Croats from Serb-dominated areas of Croatia during the 1990s war.
- Romania to Sue Italy's Enel Over Failed Sale 24/07/2014The Romanian government is to sue Italian group Enel at the International Court of Arbiration over the collapse of the sale of an energy company.
- Bulgaria’s Embattled PM Throws in Towel 24/07/2014Departure of Plamen Orecharski’s troubled left-of-centre government comes after a year of near-constant protests.
- ‘Shame’ Crime Draws Protests From Croatian Journalists 24/07/2014Union says planned new crime code, which still defines shaming as an offence, will encourage self-censorship and curb free speech generally.
- Montenegrin Capital Facing New Elections 24/07/2014After long-awaited talks on forming a new city government in Podgorica collapsed, the Montenegrin capital could be facing early elections.
- Albania PM Seeks Advice From Georgia's Saakashvili 24/07/2014Edi Rama's government is eager to recruit the former Georgian president as an advisor on free-market reforms - but Saakashvili has denied taking on any official role in Tirana.
- Nimetz Upbeat on Fresh Macedonia 'Name' Talks 24/07/2014The UN mediator in the 'name' dispute between Macedonia and Greece, Matthew Nimetz, has said he expects 'substantial progress' from his next visit to Skopje and Athens due next week.
- Serbia to Start Compensating Flood Victims 24/07/2014The authorities are due to start paying compensation to the victims of the May floods following the adoption of a new law this week.
- Montenegrins Want an End to 'Nine-to-Five' 24/07/2014Montenegrins could start work at 7am, instead of 9am, if the cabinet approves the request of a majority of employees in the public sector.
- Serbian Policeman’s Peace Group Threat Trial Postponed 24/07/2014The trial of former Serbian police spokesperson Radomir Pocuca for threatening the female peace campaign group Women in Black with violence has been postponed for a second time.
- Romania Raises Medics' Salaries to Stem Exodus 23/07/2014The Romanian government is to raise the salaries of doctors and nurses by 10 per cent amid concerns about where the money will come from.
- Court Orders Release of Romanian Ex-PM Nastase 23/07/2014Adrian Nastase is to end his second jail term for corruption after serving only six months behind bars.
- Serbia, Kosovo Far Apart on Mitrovica Bridge Deal 23/07/2014EU-led talks on the controversial 'Peace Park erected in the divided northern Kosovo town of Mitrovica have ended with widely differing versions of what was agreed in Brussels.
- Macedonia Appoints New ‘Name’ Negotiator 23/07/2014The newly appointed ambassador to the United States, Vasko Naumovski, will also be Macedonia’s new negotiator in UN-sponsored talks with Greece on its name.
- Bosnians Commemorate Killings at Keraterm Concentration Camp 24/07/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO