PRISTINA, KOSOVO – The Constitutional Court decided that since 31 March there has been an acting President of Kosovo, which is the Assembly Speaker Krasniqi ++ The Court said in addition, that there should not be extraordinary elections ++ LDK senior official Ismet Beqiri said that the LDK MPs will not attend the Assembly session when the President will be voted – whereas Kosovo PM Thaci warns that the boycott by the opposition may lead the country to extraordinary elections and that Kosovo budget may be at risk ++ The Kosovo delegation for the Prishtina-Belgrade talks has seemingly made a compromise to receive only the verified copies of the civil registry books from Serbia ++ The head of the European Commission Jose Manual Barroso might not visit Kosovo during his Balkan next week. Diplomats think that Kosovo is avoided by international leaders because of the bad image of the Kosovo authorities ++ Read more here: Media Monitor 02.04.2011 / Broadcast Monitor 01.04.2011
- Kosovo PM urges vote on new war crimes court but calls it insult - Reuters UK 17/04/2014InSerbia NewsKosovo PM urges vote on new war crimes court but calls it insultReuters UKThe move stems from a 2011 report by Council of Europe rapporteur Dick Marty alleging that Kosovo Albanian guerrillas fighting a war of independence from Serbia had smuggled the bodies of Serbs into Albania and removed their organs for sale. "This ...Office for Kosovo […]
- US ambassador to Kosovo hired by construction firm he lobbied for - The Guardian 14/04/2014The GuardianUS ambassador to Kosovo hired by construction firm he lobbied forThe GuardianA US ambassador to Kosovo, who lobbied for the construction of a $1bn road through the war-torn country, has taken up a post with the American construction giant that secured the lucrative contract. Christopher Dell, a career diplomat nominated by ...and more »
- Kosovo Serbs Halt Cooperation With EU - RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty 17/04/2014InSerbia NewsKosovo Serbs Halt Cooperation With EURadioFreeEurope/RadioLibertyNemanja Jaksic, president of the local assembly of the town of Zubin Potok, told RFE/RL that the arrest had caused tensions with EULEX and Serbs in northern Kosovo will not cooperate with the EU mission until a number of issues are addressed. EULEX has ...North Kosovo cuts off coop […]
- Kosovo Press Review- April 17, 2014 - Balkan Insight 17/04/2014Kosovo Press Review- April 17, 2014Balkan InsightAccording to the Kosovo daily, the Kosovo Democratic Party is the strongest, followed by the oppositional Kosovo Democratic League, the 'Vetevendosje' Movement, Behgjet Pacolli's Alliance for a New Kosovo and the Alliance for the Future of Kosovo.
- After 10 years, paratroopers soar in Kosovo - DVIDS 17/04/2014After 10 years, paratroopers soar in KosovoDVIDSCAMP BONDSTEEL, Kosovo - Ending what has been over a decade-long absence, Multinational Battle Group-East paratroopers took to the skies in Kosovo, April 15. Soldiers from 2nd Squadron, 38th Cavalry Regiment, 504th Battlefield Surveillance Brigade, ...
- Five reasons why Crimea cannot be compared with Kosovo by Hajrudin Somun* - Today's Zaman 13/04/2014Today's ZamanFive reasons why Crimea cannot be compared with Kosovo by Hajrudin Somun*Today's ZamanThe most frequent comparison of Crimea has been with Kosovo, as well as with the Russian incursion into the peninsula with the NATO military intervention against Serbia in 1999. Some people have recalled the Russian military invasion of Georgia in 200 […]
- Fairborn resident to intern in Kosovo - Dayton Daily News 16/04/2014Fairborn resident to intern in KosovoDayton Daily NewsWhen Rebecca Little was in Fairborn High School, her favorite classes were in world history and government. Now a student at Miami University, the daughter of Russ and Carolyn Little will be heading to Pristina, Kosovo, for the summer, when she'll be ...
- A mentor for youth at home and in Kosovo - DVIDS 17/04/2014A mentor for youth at home and in KosovoDVIDSCapt. Allen Jones (front row, second from the right), the legal assistant and claims attorney for the Multinational Battle Group-East (MNBG-E), poses with students from the municipality of Ferizaj/Urosevac, Kosovo. Jones and other soldiers from the ...
- Committee finds funds for Kosovo were misused - B92 16/04/2014Committee finds funds for Kosovo were misusedB92The committee found that from 2000 until 2012 RSD 53 million were going to Kosovo daily without adequate checks. The result are paid for, but never finished building, unfinished roads, financial abuse in health-care that assumed alarming proportions, ...
- Vulin banned from entering Kosovo - B92 15/04/2014Vulin banned from entering KosovoB92Vulin was supposed to visit Kosovo at the invitation of RTK 2, a television channel broadcasting program in Serbian and minority languages in Kosovo, to speak at the television's office in Priština on the topic of one year since the agreement on ...
- Kosovo PM urges vote on new war crimes court but calls it insult - Reuters UK 17/04/2014
- PM Bribe Claim Electrifies Macedonian Election 17/04/2014After the Macedonian opposition on Thursday released a phone recording - on which it claims Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski can be heard discussing the illegal sale of a bank to a Serbian businessman for a bribe - the ruling party dismissed the tape, saying the voice was clearly not Gruevski's.
- Belgrade Campaigns for Kosovo Serb Politician’s Release 17/04/2014The Serbian government and the political party of detained Kosovo Serb leader Oliver Ivanovic, who is accused of war crimes, have launched a petition demanding his release.
- Kosovo Appoints Diplomatic Chief For Montenegro 17/04/2014Four years after official Pristina and Podgorica established diplomatic relations, Kosovo has finally appointed a diplomatic representative in Montenegro.
- Croatia President: All War Crimes Must Be Punished 17/04/2014President Ivo Josipovic said that many war crimes still remain unprosecuted, sending the wrong message to Croatian society and to future generations.
- Macedonia PM Accused of Bribery Over Bank Sale 17/04/2014Amid a tense election campaign in Macedonia, the main opposition party has claimed that the Prime Minister expedited the sale of bank to a shady Serbian businessman for a hefty bribe.
- Pro-Russian Separatists in Moldova Alarm Romania 17/04/2014After Moldova’s breakaway Transnistria region on Wednesday sought to join Russia, Romania's President repeated that Romania firmly upholds Moldova's territorial integrity.
- Serbian Companies in Restructuring Heavily in Debt 17/04/2014Serbian companies undergoing restructuring owe 1.5 billion euro to state creditors alone, World Bank official Dusko Vasiljevic warned, increasing the risk of them going bankrupt.
- Bob Dylan Hate Charge against Croats Dismissed 17/04/2014A Paris court has dismissed a case against the US musician, which accused him of incitement to hatred over a 2012 interview in which he was quoted comparing Croats to Nazis.
- Former Yugoslav Royals Demand Montenegro Property Return 17/04/2014The Karadjordjevic family, descendants of Yugoslavia’s former royals, hopes that Montenegro will follow the example of Serbia and return property confiscated by the communists after WWII.
- Bosnian Serb ‘Blue Eagles’ Fighter Denies Killings 17/04/2014Former fighter Milun Kornjaca, accused of the imprisonment, torture and murder of Bosniaks in the Cajnice area in 1992, told the court that he had nothing to do with any of the crimes.
- Bosnian Croat’s Prozor Murder and Torture Trial Opens 17/04/2014Former Croatian Defence Council fighter Nikola Maric is accused of involvement in the detentions, persecution and killings of Bosniaks in the Prozor area in 1992 and 1993.
- Kosovo and Albania Mark Anniversary of 1999 Exodus 16/04/2014Pristina and Tirana commemorated the 15th anniversary of the Kosovo exodus when thousands of ethnic Albanians fled their homes seeking refuge from the conflict with Serbian forces.
- Jacobson Deflects Query Over Dell’s Bechtel Post 16/04/2014The US ambassador in Kosovo, on Twitter, sidestepped questions about the former ambassador’s employment by the company that constructed the so-called Patriotic Highway, saying former diplomats were not forbidden private sector work.
- Kosovo Serb Arrested for Post-War Murder 16/04/2014The EU rule-of-law mission has arrested a Serb for an alleged murder linked to violent unrest that rocked northern Kosovo in 2000 after the war with Belgrade’s forces ended.
- Bosnia Museum Defies Pressure to Re-open 16/04/2014Bosnia's National Museum and the Federation entity government are in a stand-off over whether the ancient cultural institution should re-open its doors this summer.
- PM Bribe Claim Electrifies Macedonian Election 17/04/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO