LONDON / PRISTINA — Read this: Andrea Capussela, until March 2011 Head of the economics unit of the EU Inter-national Civilian Office (ICO) in Kosovo, with an opinion piece recently published at the guardian harshly comments upon the success of EU in Kosovo : “The EU’s largest civilian mission, EULEX-Kosovo, was meant to prove the possibility of an effective common foreign policy. … Still, EULEX – which costs about €100m a year and fields almost one policeman, judge or prosecutor for every 1,000 residents of this small territory – could strengthen the rule of law in Kosovo and the stability of the Balkans, … as a peaceful, rule-based force. In three years it has achieved little. … The difficult context partly explains this failure, but the main causes are internal …” read more at the guardian.co.uk / KS
Search NEWS > KOSOVO
- Crimea is Not Kosovo - Huffington Post 10/03/2014Worldmeets.usCrimea is Not KosovoHuffington PostRussia is pointing to the "Kosovo precedent" as justification for its actions in Crimea. This is a false argument. There are fundamental legal and political differences between the internationally sanctioned process, which culminated in Kosovo's ...Offer Putin Crimea in Exchange for Kosovo Recogn […]
- Kosovo Gets a Real Game, if It Can Assemble a Team - New York Times 01/03/2014Kosovo Gets a Real Game, if It Can Assemble a TeamNew York TimesThe Kosovo national soccer team will play its first FIFA-sanctioned friendly match Wednesday, against Haiti, in Mitrovica, 24 miles north of the capital, Pristina. For Salihu, who has handled the day-to-day running of Kosovo's soccer federation as its ...and more »
- Kosovo FM calls on Mamnoon - The News International 11/03/2014Business RecorderKosovo FM calls on MamnoonThe News InternationalISLAMABAD: President Mamnoon Hussain said on Monday that Pakistan was keen to further strengthen friendly and mutually beneficial relations with Kosovo at all levels, including political, economic, commercial, cultural and educational fields. Talkig to ...Kosovo eager to support Pakistan in ene […]
- Kosovo footballers draw with Haiti in Mitrovica debut - BBC News 06/03/2014BBC NewsKosovo footballers draw with Haiti in Mitrovica debutBBC NewsSix years after declaring independence, Kosovo's footballers have played their first match at international level, drawing 0-0 with Haiti in a friendly. The match, approved by football's world governing body Fifa, took place in the ethnically divided ...Kosovo's football debu […]
- Kosovo to build its first national army - euronews 04/03/2014Kosovo to build its first national armyeuronewsIt will be built on the current lightly-armed civic response force, and the Kosovo Security Force that replaced the armed rebels that fought against the Serbs at the end of the 1990s when Kosovo gained a degree of international recognition as ...
- US Hypocrisy on Crimean Secession Move: Washington Supported Breakup of ... - Truthdig 08/03/2014TruthdigUS Hypocrisy on Crimean Secession Move: Washington Supported Breakup of ...TruthdigThe US supported the secession of Kosovo from Serbia in the late 1990s (both had been part of the Yugoslav federation in the Cold War, but it fell apart in the 1990s; Serbia's claims on parts of Bosnia and on all of Kosovo as the main Yugoslav ...Obama refuses to […]
- Compare Crimea with Kosovo rather than with Scotland - Financial Times 10/03/2014Compare Crimea with Kosovo rather than with ScotlandFinancial TimesI wonder whether using Kosovo, rather than Scotland, wouldn't have been a worthier comparative exercise. Kosovo was an ethnically Albanian autonomous republic within Serbia; it decided on independence through referendum, declared itself independent ...
- Kosovo's PM hikes public sector wages by 25 pct ahead of vote - TrustLaw 10/03/2014Kosovo's PM hikes public sector wages by 25 pct ahead of voteTrustLawPRISTINA, March 10 (Reuters) - Kosovo's government raised pensions and public servants' wages by 25 percent on Monday, prompting the opposition to accuse Prime Minister Hashim Thaci of attempting to buy votes just a few months ahead of ...and more »
- Kosovo to form army 15 yrs after war, Serbia reacts - Journal of Turkish Weekly 11/03/2014Kosovo to form army 15 yrs after war, Serbia reactsJournal of Turkish Weekly"The army will have a defensive character as Kosovo has no territorial aspirations,” Kosovo's Ambassador in Ankara, Avni Spahiu told Anadolu Agency calling it a step towards "supporting peace and security in the region". But the Serbian government ...
- Elections to be held in Kosovo "in line with agreement" - B92 10/03/2014Foot and BallElections to be held in Kosovo "in line with agreement"B92... to be held in Kosovo "in line with agreement". Source: Beta, Tanjug. BELGRADE, PRIŠTINA -- The March 16 Serbian parliamentary elections will be held in Kosovo in accordance with the Brussels agreement "and with the OSCE," says Aleksandar Vučić.Kosovo make […]
- Crimea is Not Kosovo - Huffington Post 10/03/2014
- Swine Flu Cases Worry Kosovo Health Officials 11/03/2014The University Clinic in Pristina on Tuesday confirmed about 40 swine flu cases had been detected in the country, raising fears of an epidemic.
- Former Croatian Premier Jailed for Nine Years 11/03/2014Ivo Sanader was sentenced to nine years in prison for his key role in the so-called 'Fimi media' corruption case on Tuesday.
- Bulgarian President Floats Gas Plan to Qatar 11/03/2014President Rosen Plevneliev is to propose construction of a south-north gas corridor at a meeting with the ruler of Qatar on Tuesday.
- Detained Kosovo Serb Leader ‘Not at Risk’ 11/03/2014Judges ruled that politician Oliver Ivanovic, who is suspected of war crimes, wasn’t under threat in a Pristina jail, but agreed his request for a transfer to the Serb north of Kosovo.
- US Regulators Drop Montenegro Bribe Claim 11/03/2014US regulators drop allegations that former executives of the Hungarian unit of Deutsche Telekom bribed government officials in Montenegro.
- Romania Risks Russian Ire With Ukraine Military Deal 11/03/2014Romania announced it has signed a military agreement with Ukraine whose new government is locked into a stand-off with Russia over Crimea.
- Macedonia Leads Balkans in Women MPs 11/03/2014Data from the World Bank show that Macedonia leads the western Balkan region in terms of gender equality when it comes to the percentage of women MPs in parliament.
- Kosovo Economists Query Public Sector Pay Hikes 11/03/2014As the Kosovo government announces major rises in public-sector wages, some economists say the focus should be on creating jobs, not raising the pay of those in employment.
- Macedonia Opposition Says EU Highway Cash 'Missing' 11/03/2014Opposition party claims some of the the funds approved by the European Union for motorway construction in Macedonia have disappeared.
- Croatia Court Allows Wanted Spy Chief’s Extradition 11/03/2014Croatia's supreme court overturned a decision preventing the extradition of ex-Yugoslav secret service chief Zdravko Mustac, wanted for alleged involvement in an assassination in Germany.
- Jail Urged for Killing in Bosnia’s Rogatica 10/03/2014Prosecutors called for the conviction of three former Bosnian Serb soldiers for killing a Bosniak villager and torturing his teenage son near Rogatica in 1992.
- Serbs in Kosovo to Vote in Parliamentary Polls 10/03/2014Serbs in the former province will be able to cast ballots in the Serbian elections on Sunday but no Belgrade officials will be part of the process, the OSCE said.
- Swine Flu Cases Worry Kosovo Health Officials 11/03/2014
Feedburner NEWS KOSOVO
- Indictments on Organ Trading against Citizens from Turkey and Israel
- Inauguration of Kosovo War Crimes Institute
- Kosovo Liberation Day
- Kosovo PM Thaci to be investigated on Marty Report allegations
- Kosovo-Serbia Talks postponed
- Corruption at Kosovo customs and PTK
- Andorra recognized Kosovo
- Explosion in "Ferronikel" Company
We need your help !If you want to write constructive critically on any issue regarding the Republic of Kosovo, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!