LONDON / PRISTINA — Read this: Andrea Capussela, until March 2011 Head of the economics unit of the EU Inter-national Civilian Office (ICO) in Kosovo, with an opinion piece recently published at the guardian harshly comments upon the success of EU in Kosovo : “The EU’s largest civilian mission, EULEX-Kosovo, was meant to prove the possibility of an effective common foreign policy. … Still, EULEX – which costs about €100m a year and fields almost one policeman, judge or prosecutor for every 1,000 residents of this small territory – could strengthen the rule of law in Kosovo and the stability of the Balkans, … as a peaceful, rule-based force. In three years it has achieved little. … The difficult context partly explains this failure, but the main causes are internal …” read more at the guardian.co.uk / KS
Search NEWS > KOSOVO
- President Says Kosovo Inclusive - RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty 12/12/2013www.worldbulletin.netPresident Says Kosovo InclusiveRadioFreeEurope/RadioLibertyPRISTINA -- Kosovo's president, Atifete Jahjaga, has used an annual speech in parliament to insist all citizens there are equal regardless of ethnic or national origin or religious beliefs. Then, addressing deputies in Serbian, Jahjaga called on all ...Source: RTS, TanjugB92 […]
- Kansas National Guard soldiers heading to Kosovo - KAKE 12/12/2013Kansas National Guard soldiers heading to KosovoKAKEApproximately two dozen soldiers of the National Guard's 35th Infantry Division will soon be heading to Kosovo to fill positions in an ongoing NATO peacekeeping mission. The first of the soldiers will be honored in a departure ceremony Saturday at Fort ...and more »
- Journalists report attacks amid Kosovo elections - Scoop.co.nz (press release) 11/12/2013InSerbia NewsJournalists report attacks amid Kosovo electionsScoop.co.nz (press release)According to the Association of Journalists of Serbia (UNS) and the Association of Journalists of Kosovo-Metohija (DNKiM), the security guard, which the groups identified as Vladan Aksic, allegedly hit TV Puls cameraman Nenad Stankovic in front of the ...SEEMO condemns pr […]
- You can and you will coexist with Kosovo administered by Pristina – Kirby - InSerbia News 12/12/2013InSerbia NewsYou can and you will coexist with Kosovo administered by Pristina – KirbyInSerbia NewsYou can and you will coexist with Kosovo administered by Pristina, and it will help to move forward, to boost the economy, the legal system, no matter if you enter the EU or not,” Kirby said in an interview for “Novi Nedeljnik”. The U.S. Ambassador ...Bulgaria […]
- Office for Kosovo condemns incident in village - B92 11/12/2013Office for Kosovo condemns incident in villageB92"The Office for Kosovo and Metohija is urging the relevant bodies and international community to react and put an end to attacks on Serbs and their property in Kosovo and Metohija. We are requesting that the perpetrators of the attacks on the Obradović ...
- Kosovo's Digital Diplomats - Foreign Policy (blog) 06/12/2013Kosovo's Digital DiplomatsForeign Policy (blog)There's certainly plenty for Kosovo to fight for. Five years after unilaterally declaring independence from Serbia and being recognized by 106 U.N. members, Kosovo is still struggling for acceptance by the likes of Russia, China, India, and many other ...
- Kosovo is an independent state, according to RTS map - InSerbia News 11/12/2013Kosovo is an independent state, according to RTS mapInSerbia NewsBELGRADE – In “Dnevnik 2″, prime time daily news TV program on Radio Television of Serbia (RTS), that was broadcast on Monday night, during “South Eastern Europe out of recession” story, a map of Serbia without Kosovo was presented to the viewers.and more »
- PHCC student who escaped from Kosovo will speak at graduation - Tampabay.com 10/12/2013Tampabay.comPHCC student who escaped from Kosovo will speak at graduationTampabay.comSPRING HILL — Veton Krasniqi was 5 years old when he and his family fled their home in Kosovo amid the growing ethnic conflict that engulfed the region in the late 1990s. Just a day after they escaped, their house outside the capital city of Pristina ...and more »
- Kosovo Bound: Patch ceremony prepares Guard units for mission - Killeen Daily Herald 12/12/2013Kosovo Bound: Patch ceremony prepares Guard units for missionKilleen Daily HeraldJoining the Fort Hood unit in Kosovo will be National Guard companies from 2nd Battalion, 135th Aviation Regiment, of Pineville, La.; 248th Aviation Support Battalion, of Boone, Iowa; 2nd Battalion, 285th Aviation Regiment, of Bismarck, N.D.; and 2nd ...504th Battlefield Surveil […]
- 504th Battlefield Surveillance Brigade to deploy to Kosovo - DVIDS 10/12/2013504th Battlefield Surveillance Brigade to deploy to KosovoDVIDSFORT HOOD, Texas - III Corps announced Dec. 10 that a battalion-plus sized task force from the 504th Battlefield Surveillance Brigade will deploy about 500 soldiers to Kosovo early next year to assume the Multinational Battle Group-East's mission as ...Fort Hood unit to deploy to Kosovo in 2 […]
- President Says Kosovo Inclusive - RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty 12/12/2013
- €201m Spirited Out of Albania in 2011, Report 12/12/2013A new report from Global Financial Integrity, GFI, says illicit transfers of funds out of Albania to off-shore havens increased exponentially in 2011.
- Serbia Urged to Improve Conditions for Asylum Seekers 12/12/2013Nis Muižnieks, the Council of Europe's Commissioner for Human Rights, has written to Serbia's Prime Minister, telling him that reception conditions for asylum seekers must improve.
- Jail Urged for Atrocities in Bosnia’s Prozor 12/12/2013The Bosnian prosecution demanded that former Bosnian Croat fighter Zeljko Jukic be given the maximum sentence for involvement in the murders, beatings and expulsions of Bosniak civilians in Prozor.
- Macedonia Spurns Probe Into MP's Anti-gay Rant 12/12/2013Anti-Discrimination Commission says it won't investigate an MP's tirade about 'diseased' gays because the constitution grants speeches made in parliament immunity from probes.
- Bosnian Youth Too Lazy to Find Work, Survey Says 12/12/2013Survey shows young people in Bosnia are not only unemployed owing to a lack of jobs - but because they are unwilling to look for work, and expect institutions to find them a job.
- US Slates Romanian Move to Curb Corruption Probes 12/12/2013Proposed legislation limiting corruption probes into politicians has met unqualified condemnation from the US embassy - and criticism from some others, too.
- Macedonia Albanians Sue Over Serbian Tsar’s Statue 12/12/2013An Albanian cultural organisation has filed charges alleging that a statue of Serbia’s Tsar Dusan in Skopje, which was recently vandalised by angry protesters, causes ethnic strife.
- Hague Tribunal Orders Mladic to Testify for Karadzic 12/12/2013The international court has decided to subpoena Bosnian Serb ex-military chief Ratko Mladic and make him testify on behalf of his former political leader Radovan Karadzic.
- Albania Deserves EU Candidate Status, Fule Says 12/12/2013The EU Enlargement Commissioner, Stefan Fule, told the European Parliament on Tuesday that Albania had 'delivered' on reforms and merited EU candidate status.
- Serbia Searches for Kosovo War Mass Grave 12/12/2013A search for a suspected mass grave near the town of Raska has begun after witnesses testified that Albanians killed by Serbian forces in the Kosovo war could be buried there.
- NGO Fears ‘Republika Srpska’ Inside Kosovo 12/12/2013The Association of Serbian Municipalities, due to be established in Kosovo, could resemble a local version of the separatist ‘Republika Srpska’ in Bosnia, a Pristina-based NGO has warned.
- Kurir Hails Purchase of Adria Media Serbia 11/12/2013Finnish media group Sanoma Oyj has withdrawn from Serbia, selling Adria Media Serbia to Kurir-info, a company known for the tabloid paper of the same name.
- €201m Spirited Out of Albania in 2011, Report 12/12/2013
Feedburner NEWS KOSOVO
- Indictments on Organ Trading against Citizens from Turkey and Israel
- Inauguration of Kosovo War Crimes Institute
- Kosovo Liberation Day
- Kosovo PM Thaci to be investigated on Marty Report allegations
- Kosovo-Serbia Talks postponed
- Corruption at Kosovo customs and PTK
- Andorra recognized Kosovo
- Explosion in "Ferronikel" Company
We need your help !If you want to write constructive critically on any issue regarding the Republic of Kosovo, please contact email@example.com
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!