PRISTINA, Kosovo — The Kosovo daily Koha Ditore commen- ted on the first 100 days of the 2nd. Thaci government: Compared to the first 100 days of Thaci’s first mandate the current government drafted less laws and took fewer decisions. The Prime Minister’s official visits abroad were less and fewer official guests visited Kosovo. During these 100 days the Government couldn’t ensure new recognitions for Kosovo’s independence. The main increase refers to the number of government officials: An additional ministry, four additional deputy prime ministers and 20 more deputy ministers. Finally a wage increase for government employees and further budget expenses resulted in a decrease of available funds due to the breach of agreements with the IMF. The miscalcu lation concerning the privatization of the publicly owned Post Telecom Kosovo (PTK) moreover contributes to Kosovo’s financial crisis: "100-poor days of Thaci Government", the daily titles. KON/NK
- "Kosovo will soon have its army" - InSerbia News 26/11/2014InSerbia News"Kosovo will soon have its army"InSerbia NewsPRISTINA – Outgoing Minister of the Ministry for the Kosovo Security Force Agim Ceku stated that Kosovo will soon get its army because at one of the first sessions upon its constitution, the Kosovo parliament will adopt the decision on the ...and more »
- New Kosovo adminstration expected next month - Journal of Turkish Weekly 26/11/2014New Kosovo adminstration expected next monthJournal of Turkish WeeklyKosovo President Atifete Jahjaga confirmed on Tuesday that a constitutive session of the new parliament would be held on December 8 after a meeting with the leaders of the two parties involved in the coalition - Hashim Thaci of the Democratic Party of ...
- Kosovo parties 'agree to form government' - Aljazeera.com 20/11/2014Aljazeera.comKosovo parties 'agree to form government'Aljazeera.comKosovo's two biggest parties have agreed "in principle" to form a coalition government, the president of the semi-autonomous territory has said, signalling an end to more than five months of damaging political deadlock and accusations of government ...Kosovo Leaders P […]
- NATO supports creation of Kosovo Army - InSerbia News 26/11/2014InSerbia NewsNATO supports creation of Kosovo ArmyInSerbia NewsBELGRADE – NATO made clear today that the transformation of the Kosovo Security Force (BSK) to the army of Kosovo is “an internal matter that concerns local institutions” and suggested that “the level of NATO involvement” in support of the KSF could be ...
- Serbia-Albania row over Kosovo mars historic Rama visit - BBC News 11/11/2014BBC NewsSerbia-Albania row over Kosovo mars historic Rama visitBBC NewsThe first visit to Serbia for 68 years by an Albanian prime minister has turned into a diplomatic spat about the status of Kosovo, broadcast live on TV. Edi Rama's historic trip to Belgrade was seen as an attempt to put differences aside after a ...PMs of Albania and Serbia clash ove […]
- More Hungarian soldiers in BiH and Kosovo - InSerbia News 26/11/2014InSerbia NewsMore Hungarian soldiers in BiH and KosovoInSerbia NewsBELGRADE – Chief of the General Staff of the Hungarian Armed Forces General Tibor Benko stated on Tuesday that the number of Hungarian soldiers in Kosovo-Metohija (KiM) and Bosnia-Herzegovina (BiH) would increase as the forces withdraw from ...Hungary to send more troops to Kosovo, BosniaPoli […]
- Alleged connections between top Kosovo politicians and assassin investigated - The Guardian 09/11/2014The GuardianAlleged connections between top Kosovo politicians and assassin investigatedThe GuardianThe move comes at a time when the EU is to send a legal expert to scrutinise the operations of the EU Rule of Law mission in Kosovo, Eulex, which is in crisis following recent allegations by a British whistleblower that it has been covering up evidence ...Koso […]
- Official: UN Lifts Judge's Immunity in Kosovo Case - ABC News 14/11/2014ABC NewsOfficial: UN Lifts Judge's Immunity in Kosovo CaseABC NewsThe United Nations has partially lifted an Italian judge's immunity to allow a probe into alleged corruption inside the European Union's police and justice mission in Kosovo, a senior international official in Kosovo told The Associated Press Friday ...and more »
- 'Don't screw up': US envoy losing patience with Kosovo political impasse - Reuters 06/11/2014'Don't screw up': US envoy losing patience with Kosovo political impasseReutersThe United States enjoys deep respect in Kosovo for leading a 1999 NATO bombing campaign to end a wave of killing and expulsions of ethnic Albanians by Serbian forces waging a two-year counter-insurgency war in the then Serbian province.US Urges Kosovo To Solve Poli […]
- Kosovo mired in worst political crisis since independence - Yahoo News 04/11/2014Yahoo NewsKosovo mired in worst political crisis since independenceYahoo NewsA quirk in the young nation's constitution has left Kosovo in a seemingly unfixable political deadlock that could yet force fresh elections only five months after the last vote. The constitution decrees that the party with the most seats gets to ...Kosovo mired in worst crisis […]
- "Kosovo will soon have its army" - InSerbia News 26/11/2014
- Croatia Indicts Soldier for Operation Storm Killings 26/11/2014Former soldier Rajko Krickovic was charged with shooting two Serb civilians and burning another one alive in the village of Kijani after the Croatian Army’s Operation Storm in August 1995.
- New Kosovo Adminstration Expected Next Month 26/11/2014The Kosovo Assembly is to vote on a new government on December 8 after a coalition deal between the two major parties brought an end to almost six months of political stalemate.
- Republika Srpska Leader Prepares to Name PM 26/11/2014The re-elected president of Bosnia's Republika Srpska entity, Milorad Dodik, announced he would name a new prime minister this week after his bloc secured a parliamentary majority.
- Bosnia Opens Batkovic Prisoner Abuse Trial 26/11/2014Former Bosnian Serb soldier Gligor Begovic went on trial for fatal beatings and sexual abuse of prisoners at the Batkovic detention centre in the Bijeljina municipality in 1992.
- ‘Camps of Death’ Film Premieres in Bosnia 26/11/2014The new documentary contains powerful testimony from 67 wartime detention camp prisoners about the torture, murders, physical and psychological abuse that they witnessed.
- Turkey Arrests Seven for Serbia Basketball Killing 26/11/2014Police in Turkey have arrested seven people on suspicion of involvement in the killing of a Serbian basketball fan during a mass fight in Istanbul last week.
- Hague Tribunal Reveals Conditions for Seselj Release 26/11/2014The Hague Tribunal finally published the conditions for the temporary release of Serbian war crimes defendant Vojislav Seselj, while Croatia’s parliament called for him to be incarcerated again.
- Montenegro Urged to Probe Bosniak’s Torture Claims 26/11/2014Montenegrin watchdog MANS urged the authorities to investigate allegations by a Bosniak ex-prisoner who was convicted of libel after writing a book about his alleged torture in jail during wartime.
- Serbia Jails Fighter for Massacre in Croatia 26/11/2014The Belgrade appeals court jailed ex-fighter Petar Ciric for 15 years over a mass killing at Ovcara Farm near Vukovar in Croatia after the town fell to Serbian troops in 1991.
- Romania Govt Vows No Tax Hikes in Budget 26/11/2014Romania’s draft budget for 2015 is to be adopted early next month, with the government promising not to raise taxes.
- Macedonia Rebuffs Kosovo Over Flight Subsidies 26/11/2014Macedonia said that it will not stop subsidising low-cost passenger flights that boost its air traffic despite a complaint from neighbouring Kosovo.
- Opening of Cold War Bunker Divides Albanians 25/11/2014The opening to the public of a large Cold War-era bunker, built in the 1970s to survive nuclear attacks, caused some Albanians to complain that the Communist past was being rehabilitated.
- Montenegro PM Criticises EU Enlargement Policy 25/11/2014Montenegrin Prime Minister Milo Djukanovic said that Brussels cannot expect Balkan candidates for membership to match up to EU standards immediately.
- Croatia Threatens Serbia EU Bid Over War Crimes 25/11/2014Croatia’s justice minister warned that Zagreb will block Serbia’s EU accession talks if Belgrade does not prosecute war criminals and outlaw support for the nationalist Chetnik movement.
- Big-name Movies Headline Belgrade's Amateur Festival 25/11/2014This year’s 20th Amateur Film Festival promises a spicy blend of local, regional and international hits.
- Croatia Indicts Soldier for Operation Storm Killings 26/11/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO