PRISTINA, Kosovo — The Kosovo daily Koha Ditore commen- ted on the first 100 days of the 2nd. Thaci government: Compared to the first 100 days of Thaci’s first mandate the current government drafted less laws and took fewer decisions. The Prime Minister’s official visits abroad were less and fewer official guests visited Kosovo. During these 100 days the Government couldn’t ensure new recognitions for Kosovo’s independence. The main increase refers to the number of government officials: An additional ministry, four additional deputy prime ministers and 20 more deputy ministers. Finally a wage increase for government employees and further budget expenses resulted in a decrease of available funds due to the breach of agreements with the IMF. The miscalcu lation concerning the privatization of the publicly owned Post Telecom Kosovo (PTK) moreover contributes to Kosovo’s financial crisis: "100-poor days of Thaci Government", the daily titles. KON/NK
Search NEWS > KOSOVO
- Serbia, Kosovo agree way forward on plan to normalize ties - Reuters 22/05/2013B92Serbia, Kosovo agree way forward on plan to normalize tiesReutersBRUSSELS (Reuters) - Serbia and Kosovo agreed in principle on Wednesday on a plan to implement an historic accord to settle their relations, a step that strengthens Serbia's chances of getting the go-ahead next month to start talks on joining the ...Kosovo Press Review – May 23, 2013Bal […]
- Kosovo: A Path to Peace? - The Oxonian Globalist 23/05/2013The Oxonian GlobalistKosovo: A Path to Peace?The Oxonian GlobalistOn 17 February, the people of Kosovo celebrated the fifth anniversary of their 2008 declaration of independence. Yet their country remains in a state of international legal limbo, unrecognised by almost half of the members of the United Nations ...
- Peace stone from Hiroshima presented to Kosovo - The Japan Times 21/05/2013Peace stone from Hiroshima presented to KosovoThe Japan TimesPRISTINA – A Hiroshima-based citizens' group has presented the former Yugoslav autonomous region of Kosovo with a stone from the 1945 atomic bombing engraved with an image of a Buddhist goddess of mercy. A ceremony to mark the donation of the ...'Stone of Peace' given to Kosovo by Hi […]
- Germany to Back EU Progress for Serbia, Kosovo If Accord Enacted - Bloomberg 20/05/2013RadioFreeEurope/RadioLibertyGermany to Back EU Progress for Serbia, Kosovo If Accord EnactedBloombergGermany will support Serbia's bid to secure a start date to begin European Union membership talks and back pre-accession talks for Kosovo if the nations show progress in implementing their April 19 political agreement. It's important “that an ...Ger […]
- Troops complete training, head to Kosovo - DVIDS 23/05/2013Troops complete training, head to KosovoDVIDSCAMP BONDSTEEL, Kosovo - For the past decade, troops have been training for deployments centered mostly around Iraq and Afghanistan, but with the change in pace, troops from Charlie Company, 1st Squadron, 38th Cavalry Regiment, Fort Bragg, N.C., ...
- Assembly of Bishops starts with prayer for Kosovo - B92 21/05/2013B92Assembly of Bishops starts with prayer for KosovoB92The issue of the property and the status of the Serbian Orthodox Church in Kosovo after the initialing of the Brussels agreement could also find its way to the agenda, as well as the marking of 1,700 years of the Edict of Milan, the Church's stance ...
- Deadlock at implementing Serbia-Kosovo agreement - www.worldbulletin.net 22/05/2013www.worldbulletin.netDeadlock at implementing Serbia-Kosovo agreementwww.worldbulletin.netPrime ministers of Kosovo and Serbia couldn't reach an agreement on the implementation of the agreement signed following the EU-mediated talks aimed at normalizing relations between Kosovo and Serbia. EU's top foreign policy official Catherine Ashton ...
- Kosovar, Serbian Leaders Reach Provisional Agreement - RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty 22/05/2013Kosovar, Serbian Leaders Reach Provisional AgreementRadioFreeEurope/RadioLibertyEuropean Union foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton says the prime ministers of Serbia and Kosovo have agreed in principle on the implementation of a deal normalizing their relations. Ashton announced the agreement after talks with Serbia's Prime ...
- Serbia, Kosovo reach provisional deal on steps to normalization - Europe Online Magazine 22/05/2013Serbia, Kosovo reach provisional deal on steps to normalizationEurope Online MagazineBrussels (dpa) - The prime ministers of Serbia and Kosovo have agreed in principle on the implementation of a deal normalizing their relations, European Union foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton said after talks in Brussels on Wednesday. The top ...
- A parliamentary commission is expected to discuss the work of the agency. - Southeast European Times 21/05/2013A parliamentary commission is expected to discuss the work of the agency.Southeast European TimesThe recent resignation of three members of the embattled Kosovo Privatisation Agency puts the future of the office back in the hands of a divided parliament, which has not been unified in its desire to open up the fledging nation to free enterprise ...
- Serbia, Kosovo agree way forward on plan to normalize ties - Reuters 22/05/2013
- Serbia Introduces Roma Classes to Schools 23/05/2013As of next school year, pupils in 70 Serbian municipalities will be able to take Roma language classes.
- Rising School Dropout Rate Worries Romania 23/05/2013Romania is planning several measures to cut to the recorded rise in the number of school truants and dropouts.
- Kosovo, Serbia Agree EU Deal Action Plan 23/05/2013Leaders of Serbia and Kosovo have agreed on a harmonized plan to implement the recent Brussels-led agreement, the EU foreign police chief announced.
- Threat to Suspend Bosnia from Council of Europe 23/05/2013The European Parliament is to vote on Doris Pack's proposal that Bosnia be suspended from the Council of Europe for overall lack of progress.
- Albanians Apathetic About Election, Poll Shows 23/05/2013A new poll published by TV Ora News and conducted by the Italian company IPR Marketing shows that most Albanians have little interest in the campaign for the June 23 elections.
- Alleged Kosovo Guerrilla Jail Bosses ‘Not Heroes’ 23/05/2013The ‘Llapi Group’, three leading Kosovo Liberation Army ex-fighters accused of torturing prisoners during wartime, should be jailed, an EU prosecutor said at their trial.
- Vojislav Seselj to Testify in Karadzic’s Defence 23/05/2013Seselj, leader of the Serbian Radical Party, is expected to testify at the Hague Tribunal for the defence of former Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic next month.
- Serbian Media Urged to Shun Hate Speech 22/05/2013Conference hears calls for further action to prevent hate speech from spreading on the internet.
- Extra Detention Sought for Bosnia Federation President 22/05/2013The State Prosecutor has sought two more months' custody for the Federation entity President, Zivko Budimir, along with four others arrested in an alleged bribery case.
- Serbia Holds Senior Policeman Over War Crimes 22/05/2013The Serbian special police unit officer detained on suspicion of helping to massacre at least 65 Albanian civilians in a Kosovo village in 1999 is Vladan Krstovic, BIRN can reveal.
- Croatia to Claim Refund From War Criminal 22/05/2013Croatia says it wants a 65,000 euro payback from former Croatian general Mirko Norac, who was convicted of war crimes, after it had to compensate the victims’ families.
- Brussels Delays Debate on Serbia, Macedonia Talks 22/05/2013EU Foreign Ministers have postponed a discussion on start dates for Macedonian and Serbian accession talks.
- Serbia Introduces Roma Classes to Schools 23/05/2013
Feedburner NEWS KOSOVO
- Indictments on Organ Trading against Citizens from Turkey and Israel
- Inauguration of Kosovo War Crimes Institute
- Kosovo Liberation Day
- Kosovo PM Thaci to be investigated on Marty Report allegations
- Kosovo-Serbia Talks postponed
- Corruption at Kosovo customs and PTK
- Andorra recognized Kosovo
- Explosion in "Ferronikel" Company
We need your help !If you want to write constructive critically on any issue regarding the Republic of Kosovo, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!