PRISTINA, Kosovo — The Kosovo daily Koha Ditore commen- ted on the first 100 days of the 2nd. Thaci government: Compared to the first 100 days of Thaci’s first mandate the current government drafted less laws and took fewer decisions. The Prime Minister’s official visits abroad were less and fewer official guests visited Kosovo. During these 100 days the Government couldn’t ensure new recognitions for Kosovo’s independence. The main increase refers to the number of government officials: An additional ministry, four additional deputy prime ministers and 20 more deputy ministers. Finally a wage increase for government employees and further budget expenses resulted in a decrease of available funds due to the breach of agreements with the IMF. The miscalcu lation concerning the privatization of the publicly owned Post Telecom Kosovo (PTK) moreover contributes to Kosovo’s financial crisis: "100-poor days of Thaci Government", the daily titles. KON/NK
Search NEWS > KOSOVO
- Office for Kosovo condemns incident in village - B92 11/12/2013Office for Kosovo condemns incident in villageB92"The Office for Kosovo and Metohija is urging the relevant bodies and international community to react and put an end to attacks on Serbs and their property in Kosovo and Metohija. We are requesting that the perpetrators of the attacks on the Obradović ...
- Bulgaria and Kosovo increase co-operative efforts - Southeast European Times 10/12/2013Bulgaria and Kosovo increase co-operative effortsSoutheast European TimesPristina and Sofia agreed to work closely together at a time when Kosovo is taking concrete steps to enter the EU integration process while achieving results from the EU-mediated talks with Serbia. Kosovo Foreign Minister Enver Hoxhaj visited Sofia ...
- PHCC student who escaped from Kosovo will speak at graduation - Tampabay.com 10/12/2013Tampabay.comPHCC student who escaped from Kosovo will speak at graduationTampabay.comSPRING HILL — Veton Krasniqi was 5 years old when he and his family fled their home in Kosovo amid the growing ethnic conflict that engulfed the region in the late 1990s. Just a day after they escaped, their house outside the capital city of Pristina ...and more »
- Kosovo's Digital Diplomats - Foreign Policy (blog) 06/12/2013Kosovo's Digital DiplomatsForeign Policy (blog)There's certainly plenty for Kosovo to fight for. Five years after unilaterally declaring independence from Serbia and being recognized by 106 U.N. members, Kosovo is still struggling for acceptance by the likes of Russia, China, India, and many other ...
- 504th Battlefield Surveillance Brigade to deploy to Kosovo - DVIDS 10/12/2013504th Battlefield Surveillance Brigade to deploy to KosovoDVIDSFORT HOOD, Texas - III Corps announced Dec. 10 that a battalion-plus sized task force from the 504th Battlefield Surveillance Brigade will deploy about 500 soldiers to Kosovo early next year to assume the Multinational Battle Group-East's mission as ...Fort Hood unit to deploy to Kosovo in 2 […]
- Kosovo's cinemas reopen with Kaplanoglu's Bal - www.worldbulletin.net 10/12/2013www.worldbulletin.netKosovo's cinemas reopen with Kaplanoglu's Balwww.worldbulletin.netSemih Kaplanoglu's award-winning film 'Bal', a successful example of the rising Turkish movie sector, reopened the cinemas in Kosovo's capital city Prizren, which have been closed since 1998. Bal, which was awarded the Golden Bear award in the […]
- Kosovo Press Review- December 10, 2013 - Balkan Insight 10/12/2013Kosovo Press Review- December 10, 2013Balkan InsightThe Croatian company 'Zagorje Tehno Beton' has won a tender by the European Commission worth seven million euro, but has not completed work on the ground, Zeri writes. The Kosovo daily underlines works on building new schools and sports arenas in ...Kosovo Deputy PM: Mayors of Serb-majority munici […]
- CEC Kosovo announces final results from the second local elections round - Focus News 11/12/2013CEC Kosovo announces final results from the second local elections roundFocus NewsThe Democratic Party of Kosovo has won in 11 municipalities, but EULEKS has annulled the results in one municipality. The reason for this is that winner Sami Ljushtaku is in the arrest for military crimes. © 2013 All rights reserved. Reproducing this ...
- Kosovo Press Review – December 11, 2013 - Balkan Insight 11/12/2013Kosovo Press Review – December 11, 2013Balkan InsightThe director of a Croatian company which won a seven million euro tender from the EU in Kosovo is under investigation in Croatia, Zeri writes. According to the newspaper, the director was arrested by Croatian authorities for allegedly signing ...
- Albania extradites robbery suspect to Kosovo - New Zealand Herald 09/12/2013Albania extradites robbery suspect to KosovoNew Zealand HeraldPRISTINA, Kosovo (AP) The European Union rule of law mission in Kosovo says a man suspected of stealing more than 1.1 million euros' ($1.5 million) worth of luxury watches in Bahrain has been extradited from Albania to Kosovo. The ethnic Albanian ...and more »
- Office for Kosovo condemns incident in village - B92 11/12/2013
- Bosnian Prosecutor Probes Blame for Lost EU Funds 11/12/2013The State Prosecutor is probing who was responsible for Bosnia's failure to implement the Sejdic-Finci ruling, after the EU withdrew 45 million euro in assistance as a result.
- Nikolic Briefs Obama at Mandela Memorial 11/12/2013Serbia's President has made use of the funeral ceremonies held in honour of former South African president Nelson Mandela to rub shoulders with Barack Obama.
- Romania Axes Heads of Troubled State TV 11/12/2013Parliament has forced out the board of the state-owned TVR, soon after the manager resigned.
- Fado Legend Returns to Belgrade 11/12/2013Mariza, the singer famous for blending traditional Portuguese fado and modern music, will perform in the Sava Centre on December 12th.
- Support in Montenegro for NATO Increases 11/12/2013Some 38 per cent of the population in Montenegro now back membership of NATO, 6 per cent more than in March - but 45 per cent are still against, according to a new poll.
- Romania Parliament Deals New Blow to Gold Mine 11/12/2013Romania’s lower house of parliament failed to adopt a controversial mining law, presenting a new set back to the Canadian company seeking to exploit gold in Transylvania.
- Bosnia Presidency Chair Slates 'Illegal' IMF Deal 11/12/2013The chair of the Bosnian Presidency, Zeljko Komsic, said he would ask the Constitutional Court to rule on what he called 'illegal and unconstitutional' agreements with the IMF.
- Macedonia Helsinki Committee Raises Rights Concerns 11/12/2013Marking International Human Rights Day, Macedonia’s Helsinki Committee says problems concerning respect for human rights have continued, and in some cases have worsened.
- Accused Bosnian Soldier Dzeko: ‘I’m No Murderer’ 11/12/2013Former Bosnian Army serviceman Edin Dzeko told his own trial that witnesses who said he took part in the execution of several Croats in the village of Trusina near Konjic in 1993 were lying.
- Serbia and Montenegro PMs Hail Improved Ties 10/12/2013On his first visit to Belgrade in over ten years, the Prime Minister of Montenegro, and his Serbian host, agreed that relations are now on an upward trend.
- Bosniak Fighters Demand Acquittals Over Serb Killings 10/12/2013Four former Bosniak Territorial Defence fighters accused of attacking the village of Serdari in 1992, when 16 Serb civilians were killed, called for not guilty verdicts as their trial concluded.
- NATO Gives Montenegro's Meaty Symbol its Blessing 10/12/2013Montenegro's famous prsut - prosciutto - has been awarded a prized certificate by NATO, which means that the national delicacy will feature on the menu of NATO troops serving in the region.
- Bosnian Prosecutor Probes Blame for Lost EU Funds 11/12/2013
Feedburner NEWS KOSOVO
- Indictments on Organ Trading against Citizens from Turkey and Israel
- Inauguration of Kosovo War Crimes Institute
- Kosovo Liberation Day
- Kosovo PM Thaci to be investigated on Marty Report allegations
- Kosovo-Serbia Talks postponed
- Corruption at Kosovo customs and PTK
- Andorra recognized Kosovo
- Explosion in "Ferronikel" Company
We need your help !If you want to write constructive critically on any issue regarding the Republic of Kosovo, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!