PRISTINA, Kosovo — The Kosovo daily Koha Ditore commen- ted on the first 100 days of the 2nd. Thaci government: Compared to the first 100 days of Thaci’s first mandate the current government drafted less laws and took fewer decisions. The Prime Minister’s official visits abroad were less and fewer official guests visited Kosovo. During these 100 days the Government couldn’t ensure new recognitions for Kosovo’s independence. The main increase refers to the number of government officials: An additional ministry, four additional deputy prime ministers and 20 more deputy ministers. Finally a wage increase for government employees and further budget expenses resulted in a decrease of available funds due to the breach of agreements with the IMF. The miscalcu lation concerning the privatization of the publicly owned Post Telecom Kosovo (PTK) moreover contributes to Kosovo’s financial crisis: "100-poor days of Thaci Government", the daily titles. KON/NK
- Kosovo court suspends vote on parliament speaker, crisis deepens - Reuters UK 23/07/2014Kosovo court suspends vote on parliament speaker, crisis deepensReuters UKPrime Minister Hashim Thaci's Democratic Party of Kosovo (PDK) emerged as the biggest party with 30 percent of votes, but opposition parties have joined forces in search of a majority in the 120-seat parliament to deny him a third term. Suggesting it ...and more »
- Step by step, Kosovo refugee rebuilds life in Montenegro - UNHCR (press release) 23/07/2014Step by step, Kosovo refugee rebuilds life in MontenegroUNHCR (press release)In 1999 he and his family fled Kosovo for Montenegro with little more than the clothes on their backs. Their belongings and documents were left behind. "We had nothing when we came to Montenegro. Luckily, food was generously provided in the camp, but I ...and more »
- New Tribunal to Prosecute Kosovo Guerrillas in 2015 - Balkan Insight 23/07/2014Balkan InsightNew Tribunal to Prosecute Kosovo Guerrillas in 2015Balkan InsightIndictments will be issued for the killings, abduction and deportation of Kosovo Serbs who were imprisoned in many KLA detention camps in Kosovo during the conflict in 1999 and later transferred to Albania, the diplomat said on condition of anonymity.Kosovo: 15 years since murder […]
- Bulgaria to Sign Road Transport Agreement with Kosovo - Novinite.com 23/07/2014Bulgaria to Sign Road Transport Agreement with KosovoNovinite.comBulgaria is seeking to regulate transport connections with Kosovo through a new Agreement on International Road Transport of Passengers and Cargo. Bulgaria's Transport Ministry believes that it is necessary to facilitate the creation of a regulatory ...and more »
- Kosovo expects findings of organ stealing investigation next week - Yahoo News 21/07/2014Kosovo expects findings of organ stealing investigation next weekYahoo NewsPRISTINA (Reuters) - An EU-appointed task force will release its findings next week after an investigation into allegations that Kosovo Albanian guerrillas took body organs from Serb captives during the 1998-99 war, Kosovo's justice ministry said on ...and more »
- Kosovo lawmakers struggle for control of parliament - Reuters UK 17/07/2014Reuters UKKosovo lawmakers struggle for control of parliamentReuters UKAn opposition bloc, supported by deputies representing some of Kosovo's ethnic minorities, elected the leader of the largest opposition party as speaker of parliament, but only after lawmakers from the party of outgoing Prime Minister Hashim Thaci ...Kosovo parliament convenes, oppos […]
- Absent Kosovo makes its presence felt at the World Cup - Al Jazeera America (blog) 01/07/2014Al Jazeera America (blog)Absent Kosovo makes its presence felt at the World CupAl Jazeera America (blog)Kosovo declared independence from Serbia in 2008 and almost immediately applied for membership of the international football organizations. Serbia, which does not recognize Kosovan independence, has opposed this at every turn. Kosovo is not a ...Kosovo pol […]
- Report on human organ trafficking in Kosovo to be published on July 28 – media - InSerbia News 22/07/2014InSerbia NewsReport on human organ trafficking in Kosovo to be published on July 28 – mediaInSerbia NewsBELGRADE – Clint Williamson, chief prosecutor and head of the EU special investigation team for human organ trafficking during the clashes in Kosovo-Metohija (KiM) in 1999, visited Kosovo on Monday and according to media announcements, he should ...
- Kosovo office head: Ministerial positions for Serbs - B92 22/07/2014InSerbia NewsKosovo office head: Ministerial positions for SerbsB92"Serbs in Kosovo supported the election and constitution of the new assembly of Kosovo. The direct result is that the constitutive session, for the first time since 1999, was chaired by a Serb, Milka Vulović-Leposavić, and in Serbian. It is a great ...Protest in Zubin Potok: If arrests c […]
- Hundreds in Sea Girt for soldiers' Kosovo sendoff - Asbury Park Press 20/07/2014Hundreds in Sea Girt for soldiers' Kosovo sendoffAsbury Park PressSpecialist Matthew McIntyre, with his daughter Eili, 6, Toms River before ceremony saluting the troops of the 1st-150th Assault Helicopter Battalion at the National Guard Training Center in Sea Girt. The Battalion is being deployed to Kosovo for a year ...
- Kosovo court suspends vote on parliament speaker, crisis deepens - Reuters UK 23/07/2014
- Romania Raises Medics' Salaries to Stem Exodus 23/07/2014The Romanian government is to raise the salaries of doctors and nurses by 10 per cent amid concerns about where the money will come from.
- Court Orders Release of Romanian Ex-PM Nastase 23/07/2014Adrian Nastase is to end his second jail term for corruption after serving only six months behind bars.
- Serbia, Kosovo Far Apart on Mitrovica Bridge Deal 23/07/2014EU-led talks on the controversial 'Peace Park erected in the divided northern Kosovo town of Mitrovica have ended with widely differing versions of what was agreed in Brussels.
- Macedonia Appoints New ‘Name’ Negotiator 23/07/2014The newly appointed ambassador to the United States, Vasko Naumovski, will also be Macedonia’s new negotiator in UN-sponsored talks with Greece on its name.
- New Tribunal to Prosecute Kosovo Guerrillas in 2015 23/07/2014The new Netherlands-based special court will launch its first cases against former Kosovo Liberation Army fighters for the wartime killings, deportations and abductions of Serbs next year.
- Private Sector Eyes Role in Macedonian Freight 23/07/2014A new bill - which will allow domestic firms to pay for and organize the transport of their goods on the railway network - is causing alarm inside the state railway company, which fears for the loss of its monopoly.
- Djukanovic Faces Grilling Over Journalist's Death 23/07/2014The Prime Minister will 'soon' face questions from the state prosecutor about what he knew of the murder of the prominent journalist Dusko Jovanovic ten years ago.
- Bosnia to Decide Fate of 'Negligent' Spy Chief 23/07/2014Goran Zubac, head of Bosnia's State Investigative and Protection Agency, faces possible sacking on Wednesday in relation to his conduct in the February protests - after being denied access to secret data.
- Romania Leaders Tussle Over Commission Post 23/07/2014The President and Prime Minister are battling over who has the right to name the country’s future EU Commissioner.
- EU to Back Croatian Gas Project on Krk 23/07/2014The Ukraine crisis has given new impetus to plans to build a gas terminal on the island of Krk, which Brussels has said it will help pay for.
- Kosovo Fighters ‘Severely Beat Civilian Prisoner’ 23/07/2014A witness told the trial of the Kosovo Liberation Army’s ‘Drenica Group’ cell, accused of assaulting prisoners during the 1998-99 war, that her husband was beaten at a KLA jail.
- Serbs in Croatia ‘Legitimately Wanted Own State’ 22/07/2014Former Croatian Serb leader Goran Hadzic told his war crimes trial that Serbs in Croatia were justified in wanting an independent state like the Croats after Yugoslavia broke up.
- Putin Visit to Serbia to Focus on Gas 22/07/2014At a time of intense diplomatic pressure on the Kremlin over Ukraine, Russia's leader is to visit Serbia in October on a mission to shore up ties with his Balkan ally - and discuss the South Stream gas pipeline.
- Suspected Drug Lord Faces Charges in Montenego 22/07/2014Dragoslav Kosmajac, who was arrested on Monday in the Montenegrin resort of Kotor, is facing criminal charges for forging documents.
- Bosnian Croat Fighter Indicted for Mostar Prisoner Abuse 22/07/2014Former Croatian Defence Council member Ivan Zelenika was charged with war crimes against Bosniak civilians who were imprisoned at the ‘Heliodrom’ detention camp in Mostar in 1993.
- Romania Raises Medics' Salaries to Stem Exodus 23/07/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO