PRISTINA, Kosovo — The Kosovo daily Koha Ditore commen- ted on the first 100 days of the 2nd. Thaci government: Compared to the first 100 days of Thaci’s first mandate the current government drafted less laws and took fewer decisions. The Prime Minister’s official visits abroad were less and fewer official guests visited Kosovo. During these 100 days the Government couldn’t ensure new recognitions for Kosovo’s independence. The main increase refers to the number of government officials: An additional ministry, four additional deputy prime ministers and 20 more deputy ministers. Finally a wage increase for government employees and further budget expenses resulted in a decrease of available funds due to the breach of agreements with the IMF. The miscalcu lation concerning the privatization of the publicly owned Post Telecom Kosovo (PTK) moreover contributes to Kosovo’s financial crisis: "100-poor days of Thaci Government", the daily titles. KON/NK
Search NEWS > KOSOVO
- Kosovo footballers draw with Haiti in Mitrovica debut - BBC News 06/03/2014BBC NewsKosovo footballers draw with Haiti in Mitrovica debutBBC NewsSix years after declaring independence, Kosovo's footballers have played their first match at international level, drawing 0-0 with Haiti in a friendly. The match, approved by football's world governing body Fifa, took place in the ethnically divided ...Kosovo to build its first n […]
- Kosovo Gets a Real Game, if It Can Assemble a Team - New York Times 01/03/2014Kosovo Gets a Real Game, if It Can Assemble a TeamNew York TimesThe Kosovo national soccer team will play its first FIFA-sanctioned friendly match Wednesday, against Haiti, in Mitrovica, 24 miles north of the capital, Pristina. For Salihu, who has handled the day-to-day running of Kosovo's soccer federation as its ...and more »
- We need you! Kosovo fans in banner plea to Man Utd's Adnan Januzaj ahead of ... - Express.co.uk 05/03/2014Express.co.ukWe need you! Kosovo fans in banner plea to Man Utd's Adnan Januzaj ahead of ...Express.co.ukKosovo is not currently recognised by the United Nations and therefore is not able to gain FIFA membership, although they have been granted permission to play against full FIFA members who recognise the country's independence. And while the situ […]
- Kosovo draw with Haiti on international bow - Fifa.com 05/03/2014Fifa.comKosovo draw with Haiti on international bowFifa.comHowever, on 13 January, FIFA's emergency committee gave Kosovo's national team the green light to play matches following lobbying by Fadil Vokrri, the chairman of Kosovo's Football Federation, and long negotiations with Serbian football officials ...
- Source: B92, Tanjug - B92 07/03/2014Source: B92, TanjugB92Office for Kosovo condemns burning of Serbian flag. Source: B92, Tanjug. The Serbian Government Office for Kosovo has condemned "in the harshest terms" the burning of the flag of Serbia in Kosovska Mitrovica, reports Tanjug. Show here the full text of ...
- Ukraine claims USA scalp, Kosovo held - CNN International 05/03/2014CNN InternationalUkraine claims USA scalp, Kosovo heldCNN International(CNN) -- As the Ukraine players stood silent on the football field in Larnaca, Cyprus, they could be forgiven for allowing their minds to wander. This game, a friendly against the USA, was hardly significant given the scale of events which have taken ...
- Kosovo to create national army of 5000 soldiers - Reuters 04/03/2014Kosovo to create national army of 5000 soldiersReutersKosovo's Western backers, which recognized it as independent in 2008, had been reluctant to see the immediate creation of an army for fear of the message it might send to Serbia and the more than 100,000 ethnic Serbs who still live in the young state.
- Kosovo spirits not dampened by lack of identity - The Star Online 05/03/2014Kosovo spirits not dampened by lack of identityThe Star OnlineMITROVICA, Kosovo (Reuters) - They were not allowed to sing their national anthem nor to wear national symbols and the match ended in a muddy 0-0 stalemate but for Kosovo the friendly international against Haiti on Wednesday was hailed as a huge ...
- Kosovo's first friendly ends 0-0 with Haiti; sellout crowd of 18000 in Mitrovica - Prince George Citizen 06/03/2014Prince George CitizenKosovo's first friendly ends 0-0 with Haiti; sellout crowd of 18000 in MitrovicaPrince George CitizenKosovo prime minister Hashim Thaci, ninth from left in back, poses for a group photo with the national soccer team ahead of their first ever international friendly soccer match in the town of Obilic, Kosovo, Tuesday, March 4, 2014. K […]
- Crimea and Kosovo - what's the difference? - The Voice of Russia 05/03/2014Crimea and Kosovo - what's the difference?The Voice of RussiaCrimea and Kosovo have much in common: an autonomous status, military bases of other countries on their territories, and a longing for independence among the majority of the population. But there are distinctions, too, - different patrons. Of late ...
- Kosovo footballers draw with Haiti in Mitrovica debut - BBC News 06/03/2014
- Kosovo President Urges Punishment of Wartime Rapists 07/03/2014Kosovo’s President Atifete Jahjaga has established a national council for the survivors of wartime sexual violence in a bid to help rape victims come forward and demand their rights.
- Serbia Asks FIFA to Scrap Kosovo Friendlies 07/03/2014Serbia's Football Association has asked FIFA to scrap a decision to allow Kosovo to play friendly matches on the grounds that a Serbian flag was torched at the match in Mitrovica.
- Rivals Battle For Third Place in Serbia Election 07/03/2014Boris Tadic and Dragan Djilas, the former and current presidents of the Democratic Party, are battling for third place in the upcoming Serbian elections.
- Montenegrins in Kosovo Seek Official Status 07/03/2014Kosovo's small Montenegrin community is seeking constitutional recognition and a share of the allocated seats for minorities in the Kosovo parliament.
- New Search for Bodies Urged at Sarajevo’s Kazani 07/03/2014Bosnia’s Missing Persons Institute wants a new exhumation at the Kazani pit in the hills above Sarajevo because more bodies could be buried where the remains of over 20 war victims have been found.
- Macedonia to Put Child Beggars Into Care 07/03/2014New law gives Macedonian social workers more authority to remove children found begging in the streets and place them in care.
- Bosnia Protesters Reject Officials' Complaints 07/03/2014While citizens are still protesting in the streets of several towns, the authorities in Sarajevo are trying to discredit them, saying they are causing a nuisance to the rest of population.
- Bosnian Serbs Request Leniency Over Prisoner Abuse 07/03/2014Two Bosnian Serb brothers convicted of abusing Bosniak prisoners near Sarajevo in 1992 asked the appeals court for lower sentences because of the “absence of fatal consequences”.
- Progressives Well-Placed to Take Belgrade 07/03/2014The capital looks set for a change at the upcoming local elections after a campaign that was dominated by questions of how to boost the economy.
- EU Court in Kosovo Confirms Limaj Indictment 07/03/2014The court of appeals in Kosovo rejected ex-minister Fatmir Limaj’s request to dismiss the indictment in the so-called MTPT case, in which he is accused of organized crime and corruption.
- New Bridge Boosts Bulgaria-Romania Trade 07/03/2014The New Europe Bridge, previously known as the Danube Bridge 2, has increased trade between Bulgaria and Romania.
- Rebels Loom Large at Bucharest Film Festival 07/03/2014The seventh One World Film Festival in Bucharest takes a look at the turbulent times that post-Communist countries have faced in the last quarter-century.
- Kosovo President Urges Punishment of Wartime Rapists 07/03/2014
Feedburner NEWS KOSOVO
- Indictments on Organ Trading against Citizens from Turkey and Israel
- Inauguration of Kosovo War Crimes Institute
- Kosovo Liberation Day
- Kosovo PM Thaci to be investigated on Marty Report allegations
- Kosovo-Serbia Talks postponed
- Corruption at Kosovo customs and PTK
- Andorra recognized Kosovo
- Explosion in "Ferronikel" Company
We need your help !If you want to write constructive critically on any issue regarding the Republic of Kosovo, please contact email@example.com
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!