- Kosovo 'jihad' boy home from Syria after secret operation - BBC News 16/10/2014BBC NewsKosovo 'jihad' boy home from Syria after secret operationBBC NewsAn eight-year-old boy from Kosovo has been reunited with his mother after his jihadist father kept him for five months in Syria. Kosovo's Prime Minister, Hashim Thaci, said the country's intelligence agency had found and rescued Erion Abazi with help ...Kosovo Rescue […]
- Intelligence co-operation leads to boy's repatriation from an ISIL camp in Syria. - Southeast European Times 20/10/2014Intelligence co-operation leads to boy's repatriation from an ISIL camp in Syria.Southeast European TimesErion Zena, the 8-year-old boy who was taken to a jihad camp in Syria by his father, was returned to Kosovo and to his mother on Wednesday (October 15th). Working with regional agencies on the ground in Iraq and Syria, the Kosovo intelligence service […]
- The boy from Kosovo who grew up to be a suicide bomber - BBC News 09/10/2014BBC NewsThe boy from Kosovo who grew up to be a suicide bomberBBC NewsIn Kosovo it used to be the case that families were culturally Muslim, but rarely devout believers. Recently though some young people have become radicalised. Up to 200 are thought to be fighting in Syria and Iraq causing heartbreak for those left behind.and more »
- Kosovo: 11 attacks against Serb returnees in 2014 - InSerbia News 20/10/2014InSerbia NewsKosovo: 11 attacks against Serb returnees in 2014InSerbia NewsKOSOVSKA MITROVICA – Eleven attacks against Serbs and their property have been registered this year, and the incidents are a direct attack on the process of the return of displaced persons, says Kosovo's minister for return and communities Dalibor Jevtic.
- Mother reunited with 8-year-old son taken to Syria by his jihadi father - CTV News 17/10/2014CTV NewsMother reunited with 8-year-old son taken to Syria by his jihadi fatherCTV NewsPRISTINA, Kosovo -- It started out as a father-and-son trip to Kosovo's western mountains in July. It turned into a months-long ordeal for an 8-year-old boy who was taken to war-torn Syria by his jihadi father and only returned following a shadowy ...Jihadis take thei […]
- Putin Vows To Support Serbia On Kosovo - RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty 16/10/2014Albeu.comPutin Vows To Support Serbia On KosovoRadioFreeEurope/RadioLibertyRussia angrily criticized the NATO bombing of the rump Yugoslavia in 1999 and has backed Belgrade's opposition to independence for mostly ethnic Albanian Kosovo, defying the United States and preventing Kosovo from getting a seat at the United Nations.Putin reiterates Russia […]
- Kosovo: Molotov cocktails, stones hurled in North Mitrovica - InSerbia News 20/10/2014InSerbia NewsKosovo: Molotov cocktails, stones hurled in North MitrovicaInSerbia NewsAs for the second attack, according to security guards that were in the civil protection building at that time, three young men hurled stones at the building, and then ran away. A Kosovo police patrol was on watch in the street where the incidents took ...and more »
- Kosovo is fully behind America's fight against Isis - The Guardian 30/09/2014The GuardianKosovo is fully behind America's fight against IsisThe GuardianKosovo is a country where the majority of the population declare themselves to be Muslim. But Kosovars wholly reject the religious dogma proposed by radical strains of political Islam, and we shall not allow it to endanger our path towards eventual ...
- Kosovo: 8-Year-Old Boy Returns Home From Jihadist Camp - Eurasia Review 21/10/2014Eurasia ReviewKosovo: 8-Year-Old Boy Returns Home From Jihadist CampEurasia ReviewErion Zena, the 8-year-old boy who was taken to a jihad camp in Syria by his father, was returned to Kosovo and to his mother on Wednesday (October 15th). Working with regional agencies on the ground in Iraq and Syria, the Kosovo intelligence service ...Regional countries take […]
- Why is there tension between Serbia and Albania? - euronews 17/10/2014euronewsWhy is there tension between Serbia and Albania?euronewsThe tension centres around the history of Kosovo, a disputed area between Serbia and Albania. The majority of its inhabitants are ethnic Albanians. Kosovo had enjoyed a high degree of autonomy within Serbia. But that changed in 1989 when the then ...Serbia-Albania match suspended after flag-carr […]
- Kosovo 'jihad' boy home from Syria after secret operation - BBC News 16/10/2014
- US Praises Macedonian Law to Jail Militants 20/10/2014Increased jail terms for Macedonians who fight alongside foreign paramilitary groups will aid the global battle against terrorism if the law is properly implemented, a US diplomat said.
- Bosniak Fighters Deny Serb Prisoner Abuses in Srebrenik 20/10/2014Three former Bosnian military security officials pleaded not guilty to war crimes against civilians, some of whom were allegedly tortured, in the Srebrenik municipality in 1992.
- Police Searches Continue After Zagreb Mayor Arrested 20/10/2014Croatian police have been searching homes and offices after Zagreb mayor Milan Bandic was detained in a major operation over alleged corruption and abuse of office, alongside 18 other suspects.
- Striking Serbian Lawyers Protest in Belgrade 20/10/2014Several thousand lawyers who have been on strike since the middle of September demonstrated in front of the Serbian government building in Belgrade.
- Montenegrin Serbs Allege Language Discrimination 20/10/2014Serb organisations in Montenegro urged the authorities to end what they said was discrimination against the Serbian language in the country.
- Yugoslav Spy Trial Told of ‘Double Agent Assassin’ 20/10/2014The trial of Zdravko Mustac and Josip Perkovic, former Yugoslav intelligence chiefs accused of killing a Croat émigré, heard claims that a key prosecution witness was an assassin and a German spy.
- Montenegro Opposition Pushes for War Veterans’ Rights 20/10/2014The opposition is urging parliament to give organisations representing veterans of the 1990s wars the same right to funding as those who represent World War II troops.
- Vote Count Almost Over From Bosnia's Election 20/10/2014Almost a week after the election was held, the winners and losers of the 2014 poll are becoming clearer..
- Albanian PM’s Visit to Belgrade Postponed 20/10/2014After the disruption at the Serbia-Albania football match in Belgrade, Albanian Prime Minister Edi Rama has postponed his planned visit to the Serbian capital until November.
- Zagreb Mayor Arrested for Suspected Corruption 20/10/2014Mayor Milan Bandic, who has run the Croatian capital for over a decade, was arrested for alleged corruption, abuse of office and influence peddling.
- Chinese Company to Build Romania Nuclear Reactors 20/10/2014A Chinese company is to invest in constructing two new reactors at Romania’s only nuclear power plant in a deal worth an estimated 6.5 billion euro.
- Croatian Serb Official Demands Jail Transfer from Estonia 20/10/2014Former Croatian Serb minister Milan Martic, who is serving a 35-year sentence for war crimes, wants to be moved from Estonia, where he claims that prison conditions are poor.
- Serbian Police Guards Albanian Embassy Ahead of Match 18/10/2014A heavy police presence has been deployed around the Albanian embassy in Belgrade amid fears it could be targeted by football hooligans.
- Hearings Start in Munich of Yugoslav Spy Chiefs 17/10/2014The first hearing for Zdravko Mustac and Josip Perkovic, two former Yugoslav Intelligence officers accused of killing a Croat emigre, started on Friday in Munich.
- Attacks on Albanian Shops in Serbia Condemned 17/10/2014A wave of attacks on Albanian businesses in Serbia has occurred in the wake of the disastrous Serbia-Albania football match earlier this week.
- US Praises Macedonian Law to Jail Militants 20/10/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO
Search Results for: census
PRISTINA, KOSOVO – Not even 2 million people are living in Kosovo. After the registration of 98 percent of the resident population, first figures – spread by press and broadcasting media – indicate that about 1,8 million persons were counted. … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The long planned and awaited census of the Kosovan population seems to face ongoing confusion about its implementa-tion in the Serb dominated northern part of Kosovo. While beforehand government officials stated, that the UN organization UNOPS will … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — Kosovo Defense Minister Ceku said, “It should be clear that the KSF does not fulfill the Kosovo’s security requests and needs. Certainly in the meantime there will be a need to establish full military capacities …” ++ Serb … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — LDK MP Lutfi Haziri criticized the Government of Kosovo concerning the civil registry compromise, reminding that Serbia offered these copies of the registry books already at the former talks in Vienna, but refused a hand over later on … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — Vetevendosje parliament members disregarded the Constitutional Court ruling and left the Assembly hall right after the budget 2011 was approved. LDK and AAK stated, they will do the same … opposition political parties unanimously said that they will … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — As assessed by Pieter Everaer from EUROSTAT, Kosovo is ready for the census. Everaers at a press conference confirmed that the census will start on April 1 until April 15 … extensions are possible caused by the … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The 2nd. round of talks is expected to continue today … issues to be treated include: registry books, energy and customs seals ++ … problems have accrued during the preparation process which have not been foreseen … … Continue reading
IOWA / PRISTINA / BELGRADE — Gov. Terry Branstad has announced a new partnership between Iowa and Kosovo involving the Iowa National Guard. The program is part of an effort to link the Guard with partner countries to foster mutual … Continue reading
PRISTINA / PRISHTINA ++ Snowboard Cup Lands in Kosovo: Brezovica will be hosting Kosovo’s first Snowboard Cross competition in March, bringing top athletes and a host of cultural events to the country’s slopes … ++ KFOR to Halve Troop Numbers in Kosovo: … Continue reading
PRISTINA / PRISHTINA ++ Serbia Prosecutor Backs Del Ponte Role in Organ Trade Probe: Serbia’s war crimes prosecutor supports the initiative of Carla del Ponte, former chief prosecutor at the Hague, to take part in the investigation into alleged organ trafficking … Continue reading