- Kosovo athletes start training for Rio Olympics - Charlotte Observer 30/10/2014Nation NewsKosovo athletes start training for Rio OlympicsCharlotte ObserverKosovo Minister of Culture,Youth and Sports Memli Krasniqi gestures during an interview for The Associated Press in this photo taken Oct. 27, 2014. Just a week after gaining provisional recognition from the International Olympic Committee (IOC), Kosovo ...Kosovo starts prep for Rio 2 […]
- "REpower Kosovo" - Huffington Post 30/10/2014Huffington Post"REpower Kosovo"Huffington PostFor Europe's youngest nation, Kosovo, its vast reserves of lignite have been both a blessing and a curse. As the country progresses, this abundance of lignite has trapped it into using only this source of energy for its needs. Lignite is known to be ...
- EU Kosovo mission shaken by corruption allegations - EurActiv 31/10/2014EurActivEU Kosovo mission shaken by corruption allegationsEurActivThe European Union mission in Kosovo, meant to help the state develop its justice system, urged Kosovars yesterday (30 October) not to lose trust over allegations at least two senior staffers took bribes to drop criminal charges. The mission, known as ...Investigative journalist receives threa […]
- IOC Grants Kosovo Olympic Committee Provisional Recognition - SwimSwam 30/10/2014IOC Grants Kosovo Olympic Committee Provisional RecognitionSwimSwamThe Executive Board of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) approved and announced provisional approval of the Kosovo Olympic Committee (KOC) as its newest member last week. The KOC is expected to be granted full recognition at the next IOC ...
- EU mission in Kosovo rocked by corruption allegations - EUobserver 30/10/2014EU mission in Kosovo rocked by corruption allegationsEUobserverEulex' head, Gabriele Meucci, told reporters in Pristina on Thursday (30 October) his staff are trying to “make Kosovo a better place for its people and their children … they deserve to do their work and go home at night to their families free from ...
- Political crisis in Kosovo thwarts president's Serbia visit - www.worldbulletin.net 31/10/2014www.worldbulletin.netPolitical crisis in Kosovo thwarts president's Serbia visitwww.worldbulletin.netThe president of Kosovo on Thursday turned down an invitation to make what would have been a historic first trip to former master Serbia, citing a political crisis that has left the young Balkan state without a new government for almost five months.Polit […]
- Kosovo granted provisional Olympic recognition by IOC - Reuters 22/10/2014ABC NewsKosovo granted provisional Olympic recognition by IOCReutersBERLIN (Reuters) - Kosovo is on track to take part in its first ever Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro in 2016 after the region in the Balkans was granted provisional recognition by the International Olympic Committee on Wednesday. It could now achieve ...Serbia Protests IOC Kosovo Provisional […]
- Kosovo Continues to Improve in Doing Business Regulatory Environment - Digjitale 31/10/2014DigjitaleKosovo Continues to Improve in Doing Business Regulatory EnvironmentDigjitaleA new report by the World Bank Group, Doing Business 2015: Going Beyond Efficiency, shows that, in the past year, Kosovo has further improved the regulatory environment for entrepreneurs, adding to the gains recorded in the last two years. In ...
- Kosovo pitches peace treaty, recognition to old master Serbia - Reuters 23/10/2014ReutersKosovo pitches peace treaty, recognition to old master SerbiaReutersBELGRADE (Reuters) - Kosovo urged old master Serbia on Thursday to recognize it as independent during the first visit to Belgrade by a foreign minister of the ex-Serbian province that showed how relations have evolved from open hostility to functional ...Officials From Albania, Kosovo […]
- EU Kosovo mission to investigate claims of graft in own ranks - Reuters UK 27/10/2014B92EU Kosovo mission to investigate claims of graft in own ranksReuters UKPRISTINA (Reuters) - The European Union justice mission in Kosovo (EULEX) is looking into allegations some of its senior staff may have dropped criminal charges against some defendants from Kosovo in return for money, the leading newspaper Koha ...Nick Butler: Recognising Kosovo was a […]
- Kosovo athletes start training for Rio Olympics - Charlotte Observer 30/10/2014
- Belgrade Cultural Director Axed For Criticism 31/10/2014Mia David Zaric, acting head of Belgrade Cultural Centre, was fired on Friday, following her criticism of planned changes to the October Salon, Serbia’s leading contemporary arts show.
- Russian Cuts to Gas Supply Worry Serbia 31/10/2014Amid reports that Russia was reducing gas supplies to Serbia in a dispute over debts, Serbia’s Prime Minister said the issue with Moscow would soon be resolved.
- Midnight iPhone Sale Prompts Queues in Serbia 31/10/2014After iPhones went on sale legally for the first time in Serbia at midnight on Thursday, people waited in line to snap up the must-have devices.
- Probe Demanded Into EULEX Corruption Allegations 31/10/2014The European Parliament’s Vice President, Ulrike Lunacek, said allegations that an official at the EU's Kosovo law mission EULEX took bribes to shut down cases must be investigated.
- Kosovo Murder Retrial Urged After EU Bribe Claims 31/10/2014The family of three murder victims called for a retrial after allegations that an EU rule-of-law mission judge in Kosovo took a bribe to clear one of the suspects.
- Bosnian Serbs, Croats Cement Alliance on Govt 31/10/2014Bosnia's main Serbian and Croatian parties on Thursday agreed on a basis for the formation of a new governments - and invited Bosniak parties to join the talks.
- Croatia Changes Tax Rates to Boost Liquidity 31/10/2014Croatia has presented a package of fiscal measures aimed at pumping more money back into the economy and easing companies' liquidity problems.
- Montenegro Police Brace for Second Gay Pride 31/10/2014Podgorica's second Gay Pride parade, planned for October, will be go ahead on November 2 amid tight security in the capital.
- Kosovo Faces Budget Crisis Over Political Logjam 31/10/2014While Kosovo remains stuck in political deadlock, economists warn that the failure to form a government that can approve the budget risks pushing Kosovo into a fiscal limbo.
- Romania-Moldova Gas Pipeline Still Not Open 31/10/2014A gas pipeline linking Moldova to Romania, aimed at reducing the former Soviet country's dependence on Russian gas, is still not working despite promises from politicians.
- Mladic Witness: Serb-Run Hospital Helped Bosniaks 31/10/2014A doctor testified in Ratko Mladic’s defence at the Hague Tribunal that the hospital in the Serb-run town of Foca did not turn away Bosniaks who needed treatment during wartime.
- BIRN Interviews Prosecutor and Judge in EULEX Scandal 30/10/2014EULEX prosecutor Maria Bamieh and judge Francesco Florit spoke in detail to BIRN's Jeta ne Kosove TV programme about corruption allegations which have rocked the EU rule-of law-mission in Kosovo.
- Romanian Dairy Sector Hit by Russia Food Ban 30/10/2014Sales of Romanian diary products are declining, with cheaper EU products flooding the country following Russia ban.
- Bosnians Punished Parties in Power, Panel Says 30/10/2014The recent elections showed that Bosnians voted against the incumbent political parties rather than for the ones that won, a panel discussion organised by psychologists has heard.
- Half a Million Croats Petition Against Highway Sale 30/10/2014Campaigners against privatisation of the nation's highways have collected half-a-million signatures, and are now pressing for a nationwide referendum.
- Belgrade Cultural Director Axed For Criticism 31/10/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO
Search Results for: census
PRISTINA, KOSOVO – Not even 2 million people are living in Kosovo. After the registration of 98 percent of the resident population, first figures – spread by press and broadcasting media – indicate that about 1,8 million persons were counted. … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The long planned and awaited census of the Kosovan population seems to face ongoing confusion about its implementa-tion in the Serb dominated northern part of Kosovo. While beforehand government officials stated, that the UN organization UNOPS will … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — Kosovo Defense Minister Ceku said, “It should be clear that the KSF does not fulfill the Kosovo’s security requests and needs. Certainly in the meantime there will be a need to establish full military capacities …” ++ Serb … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — LDK MP Lutfi Haziri criticized the Government of Kosovo concerning the civil registry compromise, reminding that Serbia offered these copies of the registry books already at the former talks in Vienna, but refused a hand over later on … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — Vetevendosje parliament members disregarded the Constitutional Court ruling and left the Assembly hall right after the budget 2011 was approved. LDK and AAK stated, they will do the same … opposition political parties unanimously said that they will … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — As assessed by Pieter Everaer from EUROSTAT, Kosovo is ready for the census. Everaers at a press conference confirmed that the census will start on April 1 until April 15 … extensions are possible caused by the … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The 2nd. round of talks is expected to continue today … issues to be treated include: registry books, energy and customs seals ++ … problems have accrued during the preparation process which have not been foreseen … … Continue reading
IOWA / PRISTINA / BELGRADE — Gov. Terry Branstad has announced a new partnership between Iowa and Kosovo involving the Iowa National Guard. The program is part of an effort to link the Guard with partner countries to foster mutual … Continue reading
PRISTINA / PRISHTINA ++ Snowboard Cup Lands in Kosovo: Brezovica will be hosting Kosovo’s first Snowboard Cross competition in March, bringing top athletes and a host of cultural events to the country’s slopes … ++ KFOR to Halve Troop Numbers in Kosovo: … Continue reading
PRISTINA / PRISHTINA ++ Serbia Prosecutor Backs Del Ponte Role in Organ Trade Probe: Serbia’s war crimes prosecutor supports the initiative of Carla del Ponte, former chief prosecutor at the Hague, to take part in the investigation into alleged organ trafficking … Continue reading