- Hungary becomes new hot spot into Western Europe for migrants from Kosovo ... - Fox News 19/12/2014Fox NewsHungary becomes new hot spot into Western Europe for migrants from Kosovo ...Fox NewsComing from as far away as Afghanistan and Syria and as near as Kosovo and Albania, thousands of irregular migrants a week are crossing into Hungary and requesting asylum, turning the country into a new hot spot in a transit route into the EU.and more »
- Once Ignored, Kosovo Exits Sports Limbo - New York Times 16/12/2014New York TimesOnce Ignored, Kosovo Exits Sports LimboNew York TimesPEJA, Kosovo — Up a steep hill on a narrow, unlit road in this town near the Montenegrin border, the Toni Kuka Judo School was filled with the smell of sweat, smoke and winter. Inside, 26 judo practitioners, or judokas, dressed in blue or white ...
- Kosovo's Thaci: EU's Mogherini Needed for Serbia Talks to Succeed - Wall Street Journal (blog) 18/12/2014Wall Street Journal (blog)Kosovo's Thaci: EU's Mogherini Needed for Serbia Talks to SucceedWall Street Journal (blog)Federica Mogherini, the European Union's foreign-policy chief, must stay directly involved in talks between Kosovo and Serbia if the dialogue is to succeed, Hashim Thaci, the country's foreign minister, said Thursday. To lo […]
- HILLSBOROUGH: To Kosovo, with love, at holidays - Packet Online 19/12/2014Packet OnlineHILLSBOROUGH: To Kosovo, with love, at holidaysPacket OnlineThe five Army soldiers are among the 7,000 U.S. peacekeeping personnel serving as part of a NATO force following Kosovo's independence from Serbia in 1999. The five are stationed at Camp Bondsteel, a facility of 955 acres located on rolling hills and ...
- Source: Beta, NIN - B92 19/12/2014B92Source: Beta, NINB92The EU has put Serbia in charge of Kosovo Serbs. EU made it clear if Serbia didn't campaign for Serbs to vote on republic of Kosovo ballots and participate in recent elections it would be damaging its eu chances. Not all Kosovo Serbs have severed ties ...Germany: Serbia must open chapter on KosovoAlbeu.comRisk Summary - Risk Summa […]
- Mogherini "should participate in Kosovo dialogue" - B92 19/12/2014B92Mogherini "should participate in Kosovo dialogue"B92Mogherini "should participate in Kosovo dialogue". Source: Tanjug. PRIŠTINA -- Kosovo Foreign Minister Hashim Thaci says EU High Representative Federica Mogherini should be included in the dialogue between Belgrade and Pristina.
- Kosovo: Set Up Special Court - Human Rights Watch 16/12/2014Kosovo: Set Up Special CourtHuman Rights Watch(Brussels) – Kosovo's newly formed parliament should promptly enact the legislative and constitutional changes required for the special court on post-war atrocity crimes to function, Human Rights Watch said today. Kosovo held parliamentary elections on ...EU urged to widen Kosovo mission graft probeJournal o […]
- IOC grants full Olympic recognition to Kosovo - USA TODAY 09/12/2014USA TODAYIOC grants full Olympic recognition to KosovoUSA TODAYMONACO (AP) — Athletes from Kosovo will be able to compete at the 2016 Summer Games after being granted full recognition on Tuesday by the International Olympic Committee. The full IOC formally ratified a decision made in October by the executive ...Kosovo to compete in Olympics at Rio 2016 after […]
- Parliament Approves New Govt in Kosovo - ABC News 09/12/2014Deutsche WelleParliament Approves New Govt in KosovoABC NewsLegislators approved a new coalition government in Kosovo on Tuesday, including the first prime minister who was not involved with the insurgents who fought for the territory's independence from Serbia. A general election was held in Kosovo June 8, but ...Kosovo chooses new government after six […]
- REGIONS: To Kosovo, with love - Packet Online 18/12/2014REGIONS: To Kosovo, with lovePacket OnlineHILLSBOROUGH — Youngsters at South Branch Reformed Church stuffed packages of gum, candy, games and small toiletry articles into red Christmas stockings Sunday, and packed them away in a big box to send to five lucky Army soldiers in Kosovo.
- Hungary becomes new hot spot into Western Europe for migrants from Kosovo ... - Fox News 19/12/2014
- Albanian Police Arrest Asylum Tricksters 19/12/2014Police have arrested five people in Vlora, accused of conning hundreds of Albanians with false promises of economic asylum in Germany.
- Kosovo, Serbia Ready to Resume EU Talks 19/12/2014After months of delay, Kosovo and Serbia are willing to continue the EU-mediated dialogue early next year in Brussels.
- Kosovo ‘Drenica Group’ Guerrillas Released on Bail 19/12/2014Six defendants in the high-profile ‘Drenica Group’ trial of former Kosovo Liberation Army fighters, accused of war crimes for abusing civilian prisoners, have been released on bail.
- Serbian MPs Claim Prosecutor Unlawfully Appointed 19/12/2014A group of Serbian MPs filed criminal charges against members of the State Council of Prosecutors for the alleged illegal appointment of deputy war crimes prosecutor Bruno Vekaric.
- SDA Names Bosnia's New Prime Minister 19/12/2014The main Bosniak party, the Party of Democratic Action, SDA, has named Denis Zvizdic as the next President of the Council of Ministers of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Montenegro Govt to Pay Off State TV's Debt 19/12/2014The government said it will pay off millions of euro owed by the state television service, RTCG, continuing the practice of covering the debts of troubled state-owned companies.
- Romanians Mark 1989 Revolt With Mixed Feeling 19/12/2014Romania is commemorating 25 years since the overthrow of the Communist regime, although many people say they feel nostalgic for the relative security of life in the old days.
- Zagreb Mayor Probed Over Missing 40,000 Euro 19/12/2014Milan Bandic is undergoing a new investigation, connected with the loss of some 40,000 euro on the part of the City of Zagreb.
- Albania Arrests Thieving Santa Clauses 19/12/2014Police on Wednesday said they arrested two members of a gang who robbed a Tirana mall last year disguised in Father Christmas costumes.
- Serbia Readies for OSCE Role With Russian Visit 19/12/2014Ivica Dacic, Serbia's Foreign Minister, will travel to Moscow to meet his Russian counterpart and discuss Ukraine on the eve of Serbia assuming the presidency of the OSCE.
- Mladic ‘Told Serb Troops to Act Like Knights’ 19/12/2014A defence witness at the war crimes trial of Ratko Mladic said that the former Bosnian Serb military chief ordered his men not to harm Bosniak prisoners from Srebrenica.
- Serbia Expels Arrested Falun Gong Members 18/12/2014Members of Falun Gong, arrested ahead of the China-Balkan summit in Belgrade, have been expelled from Serbia after four days in detention.
- FARC Arms Traffickers Arrested in Montenegro 18/12/2014Police in Montenegro arrested three international arms traffickers, suspected of trying to supply rebels in Colombia with weapons intended to kill Americans.
- Woman Takes Over Romania's Opposition Liberals 18/12/2014Alina Gorghiu has become the first woman to lead a large political party in Romania after taking the helm of the National Liberals from Klaus Iohannis who has become head of state.
- Ivanovic Pleads Not Guilty to War Crimes 18/12/2014Oliver Ivanovic and four other defendants pleaded not guilty to war crimes in a trial that has opened in Mitrovica, northern Kosovo.
- Albanian Police Arrest Asylum Tricksters 19/12/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO
Search Results for: census
PRISTINA, KOSOVO – Not even 2 million people are living in Kosovo. After the registration of 98 percent of the resident population, first figures – spread by press and broadcasting media – indicate that about 1,8 million persons were counted. … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The long planned and awaited census of the Kosovan population seems to face ongoing confusion about its implementa-tion in the Serb dominated northern part of Kosovo. While beforehand government officials stated, that the UN organization UNOPS will … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — Kosovo Defense Minister Ceku said, “It should be clear that the KSF does not fulfill the Kosovo’s security requests and needs. Certainly in the meantime there will be a need to establish full military capacities …” ++ Serb … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — LDK MP Lutfi Haziri criticized the Government of Kosovo concerning the civil registry compromise, reminding that Serbia offered these copies of the registry books already at the former talks in Vienna, but refused a hand over later on … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — Vetevendosje parliament members disregarded the Constitutional Court ruling and left the Assembly hall right after the budget 2011 was approved. LDK and AAK stated, they will do the same … opposition political parties unanimously said that they will … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — As assessed by Pieter Everaer from EUROSTAT, Kosovo is ready for the census. Everaers at a press conference confirmed that the census will start on April 1 until April 15 … extensions are possible caused by the … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The 2nd. round of talks is expected to continue today … issues to be treated include: registry books, energy and customs seals ++ … problems have accrued during the preparation process which have not been foreseen … … Continue reading
IOWA / PRISTINA / BELGRADE — Gov. Terry Branstad has announced a new partnership between Iowa and Kosovo involving the Iowa National Guard. The program is part of an effort to link the Guard with partner countries to foster mutual … Continue reading
PRISTINA / PRISHTINA ++ Snowboard Cup Lands in Kosovo: Brezovica will be hosting Kosovo’s first Snowboard Cross competition in March, bringing top athletes and a host of cultural events to the country’s slopes … ++ KFOR to Halve Troop Numbers in Kosovo: … Continue reading
PRISTINA / PRISHTINA ++ Serbia Prosecutor Backs Del Ponte Role in Organ Trade Probe: Serbia’s war crimes prosecutor supports the initiative of Carla del Ponte, former chief prosecutor at the Hague, to take part in the investigation into alleged organ trafficking … Continue reading