Search NEWS > KOSOVO
- EU integration: progress reports for Albania, Serbia, Kosovo, Iceland - European Parliament (press release) 05/12/2013www.worldbulletin.netEU integration: progress reports for Albania, Serbia, Kosovo, IcelandEuropean Parliament (press release)Foreign affairs MEPs called on Thursday on the Council to grant Albania EU candidate status without undue delay. In separate resolutions, they also assessed last year's progress by Serbia, Kosovo and Iceland. While stressing their […]
- Moroccan peacekeeper killed in Kosovo car accident - GlobalPost 05/12/2013Moroccan peacekeeper killed in Kosovo car accidentGlobalPostA Moroccan soldier died Thursday when a car with peacekeepers went off the road and fell into the Ibar river in northern Kosovo, NATO-led international forces (KFOR) and media said. "The soldiers were returning to their headquarters as part of routine ...and more »
- Preliminary Results From Kosovo Runoff Bring Surprises - RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty 03/12/2013RadioFreeEurope/RadioLibertyPreliminary Results From Kosovo Runoff Bring SurprisesRadioFreeEurope/RadioLibertyRFE/RL's Balkan Service reports that Shpend Ahmeti from the ethnic Albanian nationalist Self-Determination movement won the election for mayor in the capital, Pristina, a longtime stronghold of the biggest opposition party, the Democratic League […]
- Withdrawing courts from Kosovo "equal to recognition" - B92 03/12/2013Withdrawing courts from Kosovo "equal to recognition"B92Boljević said last week that the new Law on the Organization of the Courts and Prosecutions stipulates that the issue of the courts in Kosovo would be determined by a special law on essential autonomy, but added in that case, a referendum should be called.
- Source: Tanjug, NIIN - B92 05/12/2013Source: Tanjug, NIINB92"Kosovo can have small chair in UN corridors". Source: Tanjug, NIIN. Parliament Speaker Nebojša Stefanović has said that he "does not know who in the government is working against the interests of the state." Show here the full text of the article.
- With military commitments in Africa, France to leave Kosovo - Reuters 28/11/2013www.worldbulletin.netWith military commitments in Africa, France to leave KosovoReutersPRISTINA (Reuters) - NATO confirmed on Thursday that France plans to withdraw its 320 troops from Kosovo, citing commitments in Mali and a pending French intervention in Central African Republic. Speaking in Kosovo, NATO's top military commander, ...NATO: France to pu […]
- Commission announces results of Kosovo vote - B92 03/12/2013Commission announces results of Kosovo voteB92In the municipality of Novo Brdo, the Democratic Alliance of Kosovo (DAK) won four seats, Srpska won three seats, the Survival list won two, the Democratic Initiative also two, and the Serb Initiative, the SLS, the Common Future list and the Democratic ...
- Kosovo and the Caucasus: A Domino Effect - InSerbia News 05/12/2013Kosovo and the Caucasus: A Domino EffectInSerbia NewsAfter February 2008 when Kosovo Albanian-dominated Parliament proclaimed Kosovo independence (without organizing a referenda) with obvious US diplomatic support (unilateral recognition) with explanation that the Kosovo case is unique in the World ...
- Hashim Thaci: 'Kosovo will have a UN seat' - Aljazeera.com 09/11/2013Hashim Thaci: 'Kosovo will have a UN seat'Aljazeera.comKosovo's bitter past is well known: the vast scale of the genocide and the subsequent fight for independence in 1999. We got through the democratic transition and, in 2008, Kosovo declared its independence. Today Kosovo is an autonomous country, and it ...
- Source: Tanjug, Večernje novosti - B92 05/12/2013InSerbia NewsSource: Tanjug, Večernje novostiB92Bosnia has much bigger issues to concern itself with than whether or not it recognises Kosovo. This gentleman speaks a lot of sense when he points out that revision of the Dayton Agreement is unrealistic and that the future of his country is at the ...Sarajevo will not recognize Kosovo - BiH Ambassador to Serbi […]
- EU integration: progress reports for Albania, Serbia, Kosovo, Iceland - European Parliament (press release) 05/12/2013
- Serb to Run Police in North Kosovo 06/12/2013Hashim Thaci and Ivica Dacic, leaders of Kosovo and Serbia, reached an agreement in Brussels on the police in northern Kosovo.
- Moldova Finally Says it Speaks Romanian 06/12/2013Court decision naming official language as Romanian ends over two decades of confusion - and delights neighbouring Romania.
- Lid Lifted on Albania’s Debt to Contractors 06/12/2013The Finance Ministry has revealed that the Albanian state owes various contractors 24.6 billion lek (€175 million) - though the real size of hidden public debt could turn out to be even greater.
- Hungarian PM Gets Macedonia's Top Award 06/12/2013Macedonia has handed Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban its highest state order, in what some believe is a move to woo foreign allies ahead of an EU summit.
- Kosovo Honours Much Loved Actor With Stamp 06/12/2013In honour of Bekim Fehmiu, who died in 2010 and whose ashes were scattered in Prizren, the Post and Telecoms of Kosovo have introduced a postage stamp bearing his likeness.
- Bosnian Missing Persons Hunt Praised as Success 05/12/2013The methods used in Bosnia to find wartime missing persons should be implemented in post-conflict situations all over the world, a conference in Sarajevo was told.
- Romanian Daily Quits Print, Goes Online 05/12/2013Decision of “ProSport” to abandon print editions highlights the challenges facing the financially troubled mass media in Romania
- Skopje to Give Birth to Egg-Shaped Concert Hall 05/12/2013After a half-century of service, Skopje’s landmark Universal Hall will be demolished and replaced by a new one, twice its size, in the form of an egg.
- Romania MPs Back Austerity Budget 05/12/2013Parliament has approved a tough state budget for next year, but its future remains unclear as the President says he is minded to reject it.
- Kosovo Mayor Denied War Crimes Case Release 05/12/2013War crimes suspect Sami Lushtaku, who was recently re-elected mayor of the Kosovo municipality of Skenderaj/Srbice, was denied temporary release in order to be sworn in.
- Grisly Hospital Bone Find Triggers Row in Bosnia 05/12/2013The belated discovery of bags of human bones in the basement of Zenica hospital has prompted a row over why they were not sent for identification years ago.
- Montenegro, Serbia Top Strasbourg Complaints list 05/12/2013Court report reveals that roughly one in every 600 citizens of each of the two Balkan countries has filed a lawsuit against the government.
- Serb to Run Police in North Kosovo 06/12/2013
Feedburner NEWS KOSOVO
- Indictments on Organ Trading against Citizens from Turkey and Israel
- Inauguration of Kosovo War Crimes Institute
- Kosovo Liberation Day
- Kosovo PM Thaci to be investigated on Marty Report allegations
- Kosovo-Serbia Talks postponed
- Corruption at Kosovo customs and PTK
- Andorra recognized Kosovo
- Explosion in "Ferronikel" Company
We need your help !If you want to write constructive critically on any issue regarding the Republic of Kosovo, please contact email@example.com
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search Results for: census
PRISTINA, KOSOVO – Not even 2 million people are living in Kosovo. After the registration of 98 percent of the resident population, first figures – spread by press and broadcasting media – indicate that about 1,8 million persons were counted. … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The long planned and awaited census of the Kosovan population seems to face ongoing confusion about its implementa-tion in the Serb dominated northern part of Kosovo. While beforehand government officials stated, that the UN organization UNOPS will … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO – Kosovo Defense Minister Ceku said, “It should be clear that the KSF does not fulfill the Kosovo’s security requests and needs. Certainly in the meantime there will be a need to establish full military capacities …” ++ Serb … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO – LDK MP Lutfi Haziri criticized the Government of Kosovo concerning the civil registry compromise, reminding that Serbia offered these copies of the registry books already at the former talks in Vienna, but refused a hand over later on … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO – Vetevendosje parliament members disregarded the Constitutional Court ruling and left the Assembly hall right after the budget 2011 was approved. LDK and AAK stated, they will do the same … opposition political parties unanimously said that they will … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — As assessed by Pieter Everaer from EUROSTAT, Kosovo is ready for the census. Everaers at a press conference confirmed that the census will start on April 1 until April 15 … extensions are possible caused by the … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The 2nd. round of talks is expected to continue today … issues to be treated include: registry books, energy and customs seals ++ … problems have accrued during the preparation process which have not been foreseen … … Continue reading
IOWA / PRISTINA / BELGRADE — Gov. Terry Branstad has announced a new partnership between Iowa and Kosovo involving the Iowa National Guard. The program is part of an effort to link the Guard with partner countries to foster mutual … Continue reading
PRISTINA / PRISHTINA ++ Snowboard Cup Lands in Kosovo: Brezovica will be hosting Kosovo’s first Snowboard Cross competition in March, bringing top athletes and a host of cultural events to the country’s slopes … ++ KFOR to Halve Troop Numbers in Kosovo: … Continue reading
PRISTINA / PRISHTINA ++ Serbia Prosecutor Backs Del Ponte Role in Organ Trade Probe: Serbia’s war crimes prosecutor supports the initiative of Carla del Ponte, former chief prosecutor at the Hague, to take part in the investigation into alleged organ trafficking … Continue reading