- Kosovo links so strong - Oldham Chronicle 25/07/2014Kosovo links so strongOldham ChronicleThe Mayor of Oldham Cllr. Fida Hussain (left) meets the Mayor of the Municipality of Ferijaz, Republic of Kosovo, Muharrem Svarqa. In the background are left to right, Faik Graica, John Battye (the Oldham Mayor in 1999 who greeted the first group of ...
- Step by step, Kosovo refugee rebuilds life in Montenegro - UNHCR (press release) 23/07/2014Step by step, Kosovo refugee rebuilds life in MontenegroUNHCR (press release)In 1999 he and his family fled Kosovo for Montenegro with little more than the clothes on their backs. Their belongings and documents were left behind. "We had nothing when we came to Montenegro. Luckily, food was generously provided in the camp, but I ...and more »
- Kosovo court suspends vote on parliament speaker, crisis deepens - Yahoo News 23/07/2014Yahoo NewsKosovo court suspends vote on parliament speaker, crisis deepensYahoo NewsPRISTINA (Reuters) - Kosovo's constitutional court suspended the appointment of the speaker of parliament on Wednesday, deepening a political crisis over who gets to rule the impoverished Balkan country for the next four years. Kosovo is locked in a ...
- Kosovo expects findings of organ stealing investigation next week - Reuters 21/07/2014Kosovo expects findings of organ stealing investigation next weekReutersIts conclusions could cause waves in Kosovo, where many in power have roots in the guerrilla Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA) that took up arms against Serbian security forces in the late 1990s and eventually won military support from NATO.and more »
- New Tribunal to Prosecute Kosovo Guerrillas in 2015 - Balkan Insight 23/07/2014Balkan InsightNew Tribunal to Prosecute Kosovo Guerrillas in 2015Balkan InsightIndictments will be issued for the killings, abduction and deportation of Kosovo Serbs who were imprisoned in many KLA detention camps in Kosovo during the conflict in 1999 and later transferred to Albania, the diplomat said on condition of anonymity.Kosovo: 15 years since murder […]
- Kosovo lawmakers struggle for control of parliament - Reuters UK 17/07/2014Reuters UKKosovo lawmakers struggle for control of parliamentReuters UKAn opposition bloc, supported by deputies representing some of Kosovo's ethnic minorities, elected the leader of the largest opposition party as speaker of parliament, but only after lawmakers from the party of outgoing Prime Minister Hashim Thaci ...Kosovo parliament convenes, oppos […]
- Absent Kosovo makes its presence felt at the World Cup - Al Jazeera America (blog) 01/07/2014Al Jazeera America (blog)Absent Kosovo makes its presence felt at the World CupAl Jazeera America (blog)Kosovo declared independence from Serbia in 2008 and almost immediately applied for membership of the international football organizations. Serbia, which does not recognize Kosovan independence, has opposed this at every turn. Kosovo is not a ...Kosovo pol […]
- Kosovo charges Balkan narco-boss with murder, trafficking - The Guardian Nigeria 05/07/2014www.worldbulletin.netKosovo charges Balkan narco-boss with murder, traffickingThe Guardian NigeriaPROSECUTORS in Kosovo on Friday charged Naser Kelmendi, listed by the United States as one of the world's top drug barons, with murder and trafficking, an official said. Kelmendi, 57, was charged with the "aggravated murder" of Bosnian drug boss R […]
- Bulgaria to Sign Road Transport Agreement with Kosovo - Novinite.com 23/07/2014Bulgaria to Sign Road Transport Agreement with KosovoNovinite.comBulgaria is seeking to regulate transport connections with Kosovo through a new Agreement on International Road Transport of Passengers and Cargo. Bulgaria's Transport Ministry believes that it is necessary to facilitate the creation of a regulatory ...and more »
- Hundreds in Sea Girt for soldiers' Kosovo sendoff - Asbury Park Press 20/07/2014Hundreds in Sea Girt for soldiers' Kosovo sendoffAsbury Park PressSpecialist Matthew McIntyre, with his daughter Eili, 6, Toms River before ceremony saluting the troops of the 1st-150th Assault Helicopter Battalion at the National Guard Training Center in Sea Girt. The Battalion is being deployed to Kosovo for a year ...
- Kosovo links so strong - Oldham Chronicle 25/07/2014
- Kosovo Honors Killed Police Officer 25/07/2014Kosovo authorities inaugurated a new building in memory of Enver Zymberi, a police officer who was killed in disturbances in the north in 2011 and whose killer has not been caught.
- Romania Moves Forward With New Nuclear Reactors 25/07/2014Two new nuclear reactors are to be built up in Romania under a deal inked on Thursday with Canadian and Chinese investors.
- EU Urges Would-Be Members to Protect Probing Journalists 25/07/2014The Vice-President of the European Parliament, Ulrike Lunacek, has called on candidate countries to ensure that investigative journalists working on high-level energy corruption issues be allowed to do their job without fear of violence and intimidation.
- Ratko Mladic’s Allies Deny Srebrenica Massacres 25/07/2014Former Bosnian Serb fighters testified in defence of their wartime commander Ratko Mladic that they were not involved in the mass killing of Bosniak civilians from Srebrenica in 1995.
- Bosnian Serb Soldiers Indicted for Kozarac Violence 25/07/2014Former soldiers Mitar Vlasenko, Rade Vlasenko and Drago Koncar were charged with crimes against humanity for carrying out expulsions and killings in Kozarac near Prijedor in 1992.
- Romanian Plastic Bridge Seeks Guinness Accolade 25/07/2014A bridge made of over 100,000 plastic bottles in western Romania - said to be the largest in the world - contains a wider message about the enviroment.
- Time Runs Out for Montenegro's Oldest Newspaper 25/07/2014Seventy years since the daily newspaper Pobjeda first appeared, the only remaining state-owned daily in Montenegro faces bankruptcy as a result of its huge debts.
- Municipal Cull Angers Albania Opposition 25/07/2014Plans to slash the number of municipalities in Albania - partly to reflect rural flight - are being fiercely contested by opposition and ethnic minority parties.
- Macedonia Jails its Top Archaeologist 25/07/2014A court in Skopje has jailed the former chief excavator, Pasko Kuzman, for three years for his role in the organized smuggling of archaeological valuables from the country.
- Fighters Deny Killings of Serb Prisoners in Trnovo 25/07/2014Edhem Godinjak, Medaris Saric and Mirko Bunoza pleaded not guilty to the wartime killings and inhuman treatment of imprisoned Serb soldiers and civilians in Trnovo near Sarajevo.
- Serbia Still Gathering Evidence to Charge Kosmajac 25/07/2014Serbian police are still collecting evidence about an alleged drugs kingpin who the Prime minister named as Serbia's biggest drugs trafficker a month ago.
- Bosnians Commemorate Killings at Keraterm Concentration Camp 24/07/2014Relatives of Bosniak civilians killed at Keraterm near the town of Prijedor in July 1992 gathered outside the former detention camp to mark the anniversary of their deaths.
- Goran Hadzic Denies Mass Expulsion of Croats 24/07/2014Former Croatian Serb leader Hadzic told his war crimes trial that he was not responsible for the mass expulsion of Croats from Serb-dominated areas of Croatia during the 1990s war.
- Romania to Sue Italy's Enel Over Failed Sale 24/07/2014The Romanian government is to sue Italian group Enel at the International Court of Arbiration over the collapse of the sale of an energy company.
- Bulgaria’s Embattled PM Throws in Towel 24/07/2014Departure of Plamen Orecharski’s troubled left-of-centre government comes after a year of near-constant protests.
- Kosovo Honors Killed Police Officer 25/07/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO
Search Results for: census
PRISTINA, KOSOVO – Not even 2 million people are living in Kosovo. After the registration of 98 percent of the resident population, first figures – spread by press and broadcasting media – indicate that about 1,8 million persons were counted. … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The long planned and awaited census of the Kosovan population seems to face ongoing confusion about its implementa-tion in the Serb dominated northern part of Kosovo. While beforehand government officials stated, that the UN organization UNOPS will … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO – Kosovo Defense Minister Ceku said, “It should be clear that the KSF does not fulfill the Kosovo’s security requests and needs. Certainly in the meantime there will be a need to establish full military capacities …” ++ Serb … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO – LDK MP Lutfi Haziri criticized the Government of Kosovo concerning the civil registry compromise, reminding that Serbia offered these copies of the registry books already at the former talks in Vienna, but refused a hand over later on … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO – Vetevendosje parliament members disregarded the Constitutional Court ruling and left the Assembly hall right after the budget 2011 was approved. LDK and AAK stated, they will do the same … opposition political parties unanimously said that they will … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — As assessed by Pieter Everaer from EUROSTAT, Kosovo is ready for the census. Everaers at a press conference confirmed that the census will start on April 1 until April 15 … extensions are possible caused by the … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The 2nd. round of talks is expected to continue today … issues to be treated include: registry books, energy and customs seals ++ … problems have accrued during the preparation process which have not been foreseen … … Continue reading
IOWA / PRISTINA / BELGRADE — Gov. Terry Branstad has announced a new partnership between Iowa and Kosovo involving the Iowa National Guard. The program is part of an effort to link the Guard with partner countries to foster mutual … Continue reading
PRISTINA / PRISHTINA ++ Snowboard Cup Lands in Kosovo: Brezovica will be hosting Kosovo’s first Snowboard Cross competition in March, bringing top athletes and a host of cultural events to the country’s slopes … ++ KFOR to Halve Troop Numbers in Kosovo: … Continue reading
PRISTINA / PRISHTINA ++ Serbia Prosecutor Backs Del Ponte Role in Organ Trade Probe: Serbia’s war crimes prosecutor supports the initiative of Carla del Ponte, former chief prosecutor at the Hague, to take part in the investigation into alleged organ trafficking … Continue reading