- Watch Films, Not War: Kosovo's Dokufest 2014 - PopMatters 15/09/2014PopMattersWatch Films, Not War: Kosovo's Dokufest 2014PopMattersI tried, first, to understand Kosovo by reading Claudio Magris' Danube and Rebecca West's Black Lamb and Grey Falcon beforehand, and watching the BBC's Death of Yugoslavia, PBS Frontline's War in Europe, and finally, reading The Observer's special ...
- Danger of radicalization of Islamic youth in Kosovo and BiH - InSerbia News 16/09/2014Albeu.comDanger of radicalization of Islamic youth in Kosovo and BiHInSerbia NewsAlthough Austrian contingent in KFOR claims that it does not see any radicalization in Kosovo, APA agency recalls that recently 40 jihadists were arrested, and that it is estimated that about 200 Albanians from Kosovo are currently in the ranks of the ...Kosovo Serbs reject oppo […]
- Shepherding in the new Kosovo - BBC News 04/09/2014Shepherding in the new KosovoBBC NewsThe houses were all empty. As our car rattled around increasingly vertiginous turns through southern Kosovo's Šar Mountains, our driver pointed out nearby villages, each a haphazard cluster of homes dotting the golden-brown heath. None, he said, had ...
- Kosovo: citing recent unrest, UN envoy urges close vigilance to safeguard ... - UN News Centre 29/08/2014UN News CentreKosovo: citing recent unrest, UN envoy urges close vigilance to safeguard ...UN News Centre29 August 2014 – The United Nations envoy for Kosovo today said that while great strides have been made since last year toward normalisation of relations between Belgrade and Pristina, close vigilance remains essential to safeguard achievements and ...Ser […]
- "Recognition of Kosovo not subject of talks" - B92 05/09/2014InSerbia News"Recognition of Kosovo not subject of talks"B92Noting that Kosovo Foreign Minister Enver Hoxhaj both in Berlin and during a recent meeting of the UN Security Council in New York spoke about "signing of a peace agreement, recognition of Kosovo's independence and its membership in various ...China not changing its position on K […]
- The Shortsightedness of NATO's War with Serbia Over Kosovo Haunts Ukraine - The National Interest Online (blog) 02/09/2014The National Interest Online (blog)The Shortsightedness of NATO's War with Serbia Over Kosovo Haunts UkraineThe National Interest Online (blog)Today it seems the past is just history. US president Barack Obama and secretary of state, John Kerry, have lamented the return to "19th century politics," with its outdated "spheres of influence […]
- "Kosovo to introduce sanctions against Russia" - B92 13/09/2014Albeu.com"Kosovo to introduce sanctions against Russia"B92Oh dear, are they imitating Serbia in dreams of grandeur as if the fate of Russia depends on whether insignificant countries like Serbia, Kosovo, etc join the sanctions or not. I second our dear friend Ari Gold that this stuff from Serbia and Kosovo ...Feature: Multiethnic school portraits e […]
- The Hidden Growth of Islamic Extremism in Kosovo - New Eastern Europe 22/08/2014The EconomistThe Hidden Growth of Islamic Extremism in KosovoNew Eastern EuropeKosova independence Vienna 17-02-2008 b The recent arrest of 40 alleged Islamic radicals in Kosovo together with the arrest of one of the Kosovo Imams suspected of being an inspirer of jihad in the region brought serious questions about the ...Islamic radical networks in Kosovo, W […]
- Pushing the Boundaries of Digital Diplomacy in Kosovo - Wired 18/08/2014WiredPushing the Boundaries of Digital Diplomacy in KosovoWiredThe camps served a dual purpose for Kosovo's government, bolstering favorable content and seeding a crop of web-savvy young programmers. Camp graduates have gone on to develop apps centered around street fashion, tourism guides, and language ...and more »
- Jihad 'Made in Kosovo' - Deutsche Welle 24/08/2014Jewish Daily ForwardJihad 'Made in Kosovo'Deutsche WelleThe act that triggered the largest police action in Kosovo since the war in 1999 was terrible and barbaric. The Kosovar jihadist Lavdrim Muhaxeri posted before and after photos of the beheading of a 19-year-old in Syria, where the jihadist is currently ...In Muslim Kosovo, Lingering Jews Stake […]
- Watch Films, Not War: Kosovo's Dokufest 2014 - PopMatters 15/09/2014
- Ex-Monk Rallies Belgrade Against Gay Pride 16/09/2014Anti-gay activists are urging people to join 'peaceful' protests against the Belgrade Gay Pride Parade, scheduled for late September.
- ‘Everyday Abuse, Constant Rapes’ at Bosnia’s Dretelj Camp 16/09/2014Edib Buljubasic, the former deputy commander at the Dretelj wartime jail camp near Capljina, admitted that Serb detainees were abused every day and that female prisoners were often raped.
- Floods Start Receding in Central Croatia 16/09/2014Although the situation is getting back to normal, overflowing rivers caused by persistent heavy rain are still flooding parts of Croatia.
- BIRN Film Premieres in Kosovo’s Divided Mitrovica 16/09/2014The screening of BIRN’s road-movie documentary The Majority Starts Here in Mitrovica was followed by a debate examining how transitional justice can address the grievances of the wartime past.
- ‘No Crime Against Humanity’ in Bosnia’s Visegrad 16/09/2014The lawyer for Ljubomir Tasic, accused of killings and other wartime crimes in the Visegrad area in 1992, said the prosecution didn’t prove there was a widespread and systematic attack on Bosniaks.
- Serbian Ex-Policeman Skips Trial to Join Ukraine Rebels 16/09/2014Despite being on trial for threatening Serbian peace campaigners with violence, Belgrade’s former anti-terrorist police spokesman has gone to fight alongside pro-Russian forces in Ukraine.
- Albanian Capital’s Mayor Splashes in Ad Spending 16/09/2014Data collected by BIRN from the database of the Ministry of Finance suggest that Tirana spent more on placing adverts in the local press than any other municipality in 2014.
- Bosnia Mosques Close Doors to Election Campaigners 16/09/2014A call by Bosnia’s Islamic Community for politicians to stay away from mosques indicates that faith communities do not want to be manipulated for political purposes, analysts suggest.
- Spike in Syrian Refugees Crossing Macedonia 16/09/2014Police say they found 500 illegal migrants in the last two weeks alone, trying to cross Macedonia on their way to Western Europe.
- Romania Defiant Over Russian Gas Squeeze 16/09/2014Bucharest shrugs off Gazprom’s unexplained cuts in gas supplies, promising that consumers will not be affected.
- Hundreds Evacuated as Floods Hit Eastern Serbia 16/09/2014At least one person has died - and more than 300 people have been evacuated - as heavy floods hit the eastern towns of Kladovo, Negotin and Majdanpek.
- Bosnian Serb Police ‘Fatally Beat Kotor Varos Bosniak’ 16/09/2014A witness told the trial of seven Bosnian Serbs charged with involvement in detaining and murdering Bosniaks and Croats in Kotor Varos said her son was seized and beaten to death.
- Romania to Take Charge of Ukraine’s Cyber-Defence 15/09/2014Bucharest is to lead a NATO-backed project aimed at helping to defend computer networks and communications systems in Ukraine amid its current conflict with Russia.
- Kosovo Albanian Prisoner Recalls Beating by KLA 15/09/2014A witness told the trial of the Kosovo Liberation Army’s ‘Drenica Group’ cell, accused of assaulting prisoners during the 1998-99 war, that he was severely beaten by the defendants.
- Bosnian Serb Soldier Misses Village Attacks Hearing 15/09/2014Ex-soldier Dragan Samardzija, accused of participating in attacks on Bosniak villages near Kljuc that left hundreds dead, did not appear for a plea hearing because he was having treatment in Belgrade.
- Ex-Monk Rallies Belgrade Against Gay Pride 16/09/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO
Search Results for: census
PRISTINA, KOSOVO – Not even 2 million people are living in Kosovo. After the registration of 98 percent of the resident population, first figures – spread by press and broadcasting media – indicate that about 1,8 million persons were counted. … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The long planned and awaited census of the Kosovan population seems to face ongoing confusion about its implementa-tion in the Serb dominated northern part of Kosovo. While beforehand government officials stated, that the UN organization UNOPS will … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — Kosovo Defense Minister Ceku said, “It should be clear that the KSF does not fulfill the Kosovo’s security requests and needs. Certainly in the meantime there will be a need to establish full military capacities …” ++ Serb … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — LDK MP Lutfi Haziri criticized the Government of Kosovo concerning the civil registry compromise, reminding that Serbia offered these copies of the registry books already at the former talks in Vienna, but refused a hand over later on … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — Vetevendosje parliament members disregarded the Constitutional Court ruling and left the Assembly hall right after the budget 2011 was approved. LDK and AAK stated, they will do the same … opposition political parties unanimously said that they will … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — As assessed by Pieter Everaer from EUROSTAT, Kosovo is ready for the census. Everaers at a press conference confirmed that the census will start on April 1 until April 15 … extensions are possible caused by the … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The 2nd. round of talks is expected to continue today … issues to be treated include: registry books, energy and customs seals ++ … problems have accrued during the preparation process which have not been foreseen … … Continue reading
IOWA / PRISTINA / BELGRADE — Gov. Terry Branstad has announced a new partnership between Iowa and Kosovo involving the Iowa National Guard. The program is part of an effort to link the Guard with partner countries to foster mutual … Continue reading
PRISTINA / PRISHTINA ++ Snowboard Cup Lands in Kosovo: Brezovica will be hosting Kosovo’s first Snowboard Cross competition in March, bringing top athletes and a host of cultural events to the country’s slopes … ++ KFOR to Halve Troop Numbers in Kosovo: … Continue reading
PRISTINA / PRISHTINA ++ Serbia Prosecutor Backs Del Ponte Role in Organ Trade Probe: Serbia’s war crimes prosecutor supports the initiative of Carla del Ponte, former chief prosecutor at the Hague, to take part in the investigation into alleged organ trafficking … Continue reading