Search NEWS > KOSOVO
- Kosovo Gets a Real Game, if It Can Assemble a Team - New York Times 01/03/2014Kosovo Gets a Real Game, if It Can Assemble a TeamNew York TimesThe Kosovo national soccer team will play its first FIFA-sanctioned friendly match Wednesday, against Haiti, in Mitrovica, 24 miles north of the capital, Pristina. For Salihu, who has handled the day-to-day running of Kosovo's soccer federation as its ...and more »
- Sovereignty vs. Self-Rule: Crimea Reignites Battle - New York Times 08/03/2014Al Jazeera AmericaSovereignty vs. Self-Rule: Crimea Reignites BattleNew York TimesThe clash in Crimea is hardly an exact parallel of the Kosovo episode, especially with Russian troops occupying the peninsula as it calls a March 16 referendum to dissolve ties with Ukraine and rejoin Russia. Though the United States intervened ...US Hypocrisy on Crimean Secess […]
- Kosovo footballers draw with Haiti in Mitrovica debut - BBC News 06/03/2014BBC NewsKosovo footballers draw with Haiti in Mitrovica debutBBC NewsSix years after declaring independence, Kosovo's footballers have played their first match at international level, drawing 0-0 with Haiti in a friendly. The match, approved by football's world governing body Fifa, took place in the ethnically divided ...
- Kosovo draw with Haiti on international bow - Fifa.com 06/03/2014Fifa.comKosovo draw with Haiti on international bowFifa.comSix years after declaring independence from Serbia, Kosovo drew 0-0 in a friendly match with Haiti in their FIFA-approved debut on the international stage. But even without a single goal scored, more than 17,000 fans at the Adem Jashari stadium ...Kosovo's football debut against Haiti will have […]
- Kosovo to build its first national army - euronews 04/03/2014Kosovo to build its first national armyeuronewsIt will be built on the current lightly-armed civic response force, and the Kosovo Security Force that replaced the armed rebels that fought against the Serbs at the end of the 1990s when Kosovo gained a degree of international recognition as ...
- Serbia asks FIFA to ban Kosovo from friendlies - Xinhua 08/03/2014InSerbia NewsSerbia asks FIFA to ban Kosovo from friendliesXinhuaBELGRADE, March 7 (Xinhua) -- Serbian Football Association (FSS) sent Thursday an open letter to FIFA, the world football governing body, asking to re-access its decision to grant Kosovo national team to play friendly football matches, at the ...Kosovo Armed Forces gross violation of UN Resolut […]
- Kosovo national team cause a stir by posing with guns before first ever ... - The Independent 07/03/2014The IndependentKosovo national team cause a stir by posing with guns before first ever ...The Independent... 19-year-old winger yet to make up his mind over who he will play for. He is currently available for Kosovo, Belgium, Albania and Serbia, while if he holds out a few more years he could soon be wearing the Three Lions of England under residency grounds […]
- "Kosovo armed forces unacceptable to Serbia" - B92 07/03/2014"Kosovo armed forces unacceptable to Serbia"B92"Priština's activities towards transforming the so called Kosovo Security Force into a typical military force are unacceptable to Serbia and constitute a violation of the standing UN Security Council Resolution 1244," the government said. These ...
- We need you! Kosovo fans in banner plea to Man Utd's Adnan Januzaj ahead of ... - Express.co.uk 05/03/2014Express.co.ukWe need you! Kosovo fans in banner plea to Man Utd's Adnan Januzaj ahead of ...Express.co.ukKosovo is not currently recognised by the United Nations and therefore is not able to gain FIFA membership, although they have been granted permission to play against full FIFA members who recognise the country's independence. And while the situ […]
- Kosovo's PM Thaci on statehood, corruption and the EU dream - euronews 14/02/2014Kosovo's PM Thaci on statehood, corruption and the EU dreameuronewsKosovo emerged from a bloody and brutal conflict with its neighbour Serbia some 15 years ago and has since embarked on the rocky road to reform hoping one day to be accepted by the whole international community as a fully fledged sovereign state.
- Kosovo Gets a Real Game, if It Can Assemble a Team - New York Times 01/03/2014
- Serb Fighters in Crimea Deserve Jail, Minister Says 07/03/2014Pro-Russian volunteers who have gone to fight in the Crimea should face penalties on their return home, a Serbian government minister said.
- Serbia ‘Tried to Eradicate Croatian Population’ 07/03/2014Serbia wanted to seize a third of Croatian land during the 1990s war and remove all Croats, Zagreb argued in its genocide case against Belgrade at the International Court of Justice.
- Kosovo President Urges Punishment of Wartime Rapists 07/03/2014Kosovo’s President Atifete Jahjaga has established a national council for the survivors of wartime sexual violence in a bid to help rape victims come forward and demand their rights.
- Serbia Asks FIFA to Scrap Kosovo Friendlies 07/03/2014Serbia's Football Association has asked FIFA to scrap a decision to allow Kosovo to play friendly matches on the grounds that a Serbian flag was torched at the match in Mitrovica.
- Rivals Battle For Third Place in Serbia Election 07/03/2014Boris Tadic and Dragan Djilas, the former and current presidents of the Democratic Party, are battling for third place in the upcoming Serbian elections.
- Montenegrins in Kosovo Seek Official Status 07/03/2014Kosovo's small Montenegrin community is seeking constitutional recognition and a share of the allocated seats for minorities in the Kosovo parliament.
- New Search for Bodies Urged at Sarajevo’s Kazani 07/03/2014Bosnia’s Missing Persons Institute wants a new exhumation at the Kazani pit in the hills above Sarajevo because more bodies could be buried where the remains of over 20 war victims have been found.
- Macedonia to Put Child Beggars Into Care 07/03/2014New law gives Macedonian social workers more authority to remove children found begging in the streets and place them in care.
- Bosnia Protesters Reject Officials' Complaints 07/03/2014While citizens are still protesting in the streets of several towns, the authorities in Sarajevo are trying to discredit them, saying they are causing a nuisance to the rest of population.
- Bosnian Serbs Request Leniency Over Prisoner Abuse 07/03/2014Two Bosnian Serb brothers convicted of abusing Bosniak prisoners near Sarajevo in 1992 asked the appeals court for lower sentences because of the “absence of fatal consequences”.
- Progressives Well-Placed to Take Belgrade 07/03/2014The capital looks set for a change at the upcoming local elections after a campaign that was dominated by questions of how to boost the economy.
- EU Court in Kosovo Confirms Limaj Indictment 07/03/2014The court of appeals in Kosovo rejected ex-minister Fatmir Limaj’s request to dismiss the indictment in the so-called MTPT case, in which he is accused of organized crime and corruption.
- Serb Fighters in Crimea Deserve Jail, Minister Says 07/03/2014
Feedburner NEWS KOSOVO
- Indictments on Organ Trading against Citizens from Turkey and Israel
- Inauguration of Kosovo War Crimes Institute
- Kosovo Liberation Day
- Kosovo PM Thaci to be investigated on Marty Report allegations
- Kosovo-Serbia Talks postponed
- Corruption at Kosovo customs and PTK
- Andorra recognized Kosovo
- Explosion in "Ferronikel" Company
We need your help !If you want to write constructive critically on any issue regarding the Republic of Kosovo, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search Results for: census
PRISTINA, KOSOVO – Not even 2 million people are living in Kosovo. After the registration of 98 percent of the resident population, first figures – spread by press and broadcasting media – indicate that about 1,8 million persons were counted. … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The long planned and awaited census of the Kosovan population seems to face ongoing confusion about its implementa-tion in the Serb dominated northern part of Kosovo. While beforehand government officials stated, that the UN organization UNOPS will … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO – Kosovo Defense Minister Ceku said, “It should be clear that the KSF does not fulfill the Kosovo’s security requests and needs. Certainly in the meantime there will be a need to establish full military capacities …” ++ Serb … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO – LDK MP Lutfi Haziri criticized the Government of Kosovo concerning the civil registry compromise, reminding that Serbia offered these copies of the registry books already at the former talks in Vienna, but refused a hand over later on … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO – Vetevendosje parliament members disregarded the Constitutional Court ruling and left the Assembly hall right after the budget 2011 was approved. LDK and AAK stated, they will do the same … opposition political parties unanimously said that they will … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — As assessed by Pieter Everaer from EUROSTAT, Kosovo is ready for the census. Everaers at a press conference confirmed that the census will start on April 1 until April 15 … extensions are possible caused by the … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The 2nd. round of talks is expected to continue today … issues to be treated include: registry books, energy and customs seals ++ … problems have accrued during the preparation process which have not been foreseen … … Continue reading
IOWA / PRISTINA / BELGRADE — Gov. Terry Branstad has announced a new partnership between Iowa and Kosovo involving the Iowa National Guard. The program is part of an effort to link the Guard with partner countries to foster mutual … Continue reading
PRISTINA / PRISHTINA ++ Snowboard Cup Lands in Kosovo: Brezovica will be hosting Kosovo’s first Snowboard Cross competition in March, bringing top athletes and a host of cultural events to the country’s slopes … ++ KFOR to Halve Troop Numbers in Kosovo: … Continue reading
PRISTINA / PRISHTINA ++ Serbia Prosecutor Backs Del Ponte Role in Organ Trade Probe: Serbia’s war crimes prosecutor supports the initiative of Carla del Ponte, former chief prosecutor at the Hague, to take part in the investigation into alleged organ trafficking … Continue reading