- US ambassador to Kosovo hired by construction firm he lobbied for - The Guardian 14/04/2014The GuardianUS ambassador to Kosovo hired by construction firm he lobbied forThe GuardianA US ambassador to Kosovo, who lobbied for the construction of a $1bn road through the war-torn country, has taken up a post with the American construction giant that secured the lucrative contract. Christopher Dell, a career diplomat nominated by ...and more »
- Kosovo Serbs Halt Cooperation With EU - RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty 17/04/2014InSerbia NewsKosovo Serbs Halt Cooperation With EURadioFreeEurope/RadioLibertyNemanja Jaksic, president of the local assembly of the town of Zubin Potok, told RFE/RL that the arrest had caused tensions with EULEX and Serbs in northern Kosovo will not cooperate with the EU mission until a number of issues are addressed. EULEX has ...North Kosovo cuts off coop […]
- Kosovo Press Review- April 17, 2014 - Balkan Insight 17/04/2014Kosovo Press Review- April 17, 2014Balkan InsightThe new law on elections does not foresee reserved seats for minorities in the Kosovo parliament, Koha Ditore reports. The paper underlines Serbs will vote the new legislation in a final vote although their request on reserved seats was not respected.
- Vulin banned from entering Kosovo - B92 16/04/2014Vulin banned from entering KosovoB92Vulin was supposed to visit Kosovo at the invitation of RTK 2, a television channel broadcasting program in Serbian and minority languages in Kosovo, to speak at the television's office in Priština on the topic of one year since the agreement on ...
- Five reasons why Crimea cannot be compared with Kosovo by Hajrudin Somun* - Today's Zaman 13/04/2014Today's ZamanFive reasons why Crimea cannot be compared with Kosovo by Hajrudin Somun*Today's ZamanThe most frequent comparison of Crimea has been with Kosovo, as well as with the Russian incursion into the peninsula with the NATO military intervention against Serbia in 1999. Some people have recalled the Russian military invasion of Georgia in 200 […]
- Fairborn resident to intern in Kosovo - Dayton Daily News 16/04/2014Fairborn resident to intern in KosovoDayton Daily NewsWhen Rebecca Little was in Fairborn High School, her favorite classes were in world history and government. Now a student at Miami University, the daughter of Russ and Carolyn Little will be heading to Pristina, Kosovo, for the summer, when she'll be ...
- Kosovo: Approve Special Court for Serious Abuses - Human Rights Watch 11/04/2014Human Rights WatchKosovo: Approve Special Court for Serious AbusesHuman Rights Watch(Brussels) – Kosovo's parliament should approve the establishment of a special court located abroad to try alleged war crimes and other serious crimes committed during and after the 1998-1999 Kosovo war. The parliament should also agree to extend the ...Officials: Eulex […]
- More on Crimea, Kosovo, and the morality of secession - Washington Post 28/03/2014B92More on Crimea, Kosovo, and the morality of secessionWashington PostIlya Somin, a professor at George Mason Law School argued in the Washington Post on Monday that Crimea does not meet the same ethical tests as Kosovo because, unlike in Kosovo, Crimeans have not been outwardly threatened with physical harm.Moscow astonished by Obama's claims that dec […]
- AP Exclusive: EU to Set up Court for Kosovo Crimes - ABC News 04/04/2014RT (blog)AP Exclusive: EU to Set up Court for Kosovo CrimesABC NewsThe court is to be symbolically seated in Kosovo, but most key proceedings such as hearing witness testimony would take place in the Netherlands, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal has yet to be approved by Kosovo's ...EU to establish Kosovo war crime […]
- Don't use our case to justify Crimea, Kosovo PM tells Russia - Reuters 27/03/2014RTDon't use our case to justify Crimea, Kosovo PM tells RussiaReutersRussian leader Vladimir Putin has criticised Western nations for what he called hypocrisy, saying they had endorsed Kosovo's right to self-determination and independence from Serbia but now deny Crimeans the right to leave Ukraine. Thaci, who led armed ...Exposed: Obama states Kos […]
- US ambassador to Kosovo hired by construction firm he lobbied for - The Guardian 14/04/2014
- PM Bribe Claim Electrifies Macedonian Election 17/04/2014After the Macedonian opposition on Thursday released a phone recording - on which it claims Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski can be heard discussing the illegal sale of a bank to a Serbian businessman for a bribe - the ruling party dismissed the tape, saying the voice was clearly not Gruevski's.
- Belgrade Campaigns for Kosovo Serb Politician’s Release 17/04/2014The Serbian government and the political party of detained Kosovo Serb leader Oliver Ivanovic, who is accused of war crimes, have launched a petition demanding his release.
- Kosovo Appoints Diplomatic Chief For Montenegro 17/04/2014Four years after official Pristina and Podgorica established diplomatic relations, Kosovo has finally appointed a diplomatic representative in Montenegro.
- Croatia President: All War Crimes Must Be Punished 17/04/2014President Ivo Josipovic said that many war crimes still remain unprosecuted, sending the wrong message to Croatian society and to future generations.
- Macedonia PM Accused of Bribery Over Bank Sale 17/04/2014Amid a tense election campaign in Macedonia, the main opposition party has claimed that the Prime Minister expedited the sale of bank to a shady Serbian businessman for a hefty bribe.
- Pro-Russian Separatists in Moldova Alarm Romania 17/04/2014After Moldova’s breakaway Transnistria region on Wednesday sought to join Russia, Romania's President repeated that Romania firmly upholds Moldova's territorial integrity.
- Serbian Companies in Restructuring Heavily in Debt 17/04/2014Serbian companies undergoing restructuring owe 1.5 billion euro to state creditors alone, World Bank official Dusko Vasiljevic warned, increasing the risk of them going bankrupt.
- Bob Dylan Hate Charge against Croats Dismissed 17/04/2014A Paris court has dismissed a case against the US musician, which accused him of incitement to hatred over a 2012 interview in which he was quoted comparing Croats to Nazis.
- Former Yugoslav Royals Demand Montenegro Property Return 17/04/2014The Karadjordjevic family, descendants of Yugoslavia’s former royals, hopes that Montenegro will follow the example of Serbia and return property confiscated by the communists after WWII.
- Bosnian Serb ‘Blue Eagles’ Fighter Denies Killings 17/04/2014Former fighter Milun Kornjaca, accused of the imprisonment, torture and murder of Bosniaks in the Cajnice area in 1992, told the court that he had nothing to do with any of the crimes.
- Bosnian Croat’s Prozor Murder and Torture Trial Opens 17/04/2014Former Croatian Defence Council fighter Nikola Maric is accused of involvement in the detentions, persecution and killings of Bosniaks in the Prozor area in 1992 and 1993.
- Kosovo and Albania Mark Anniversary of 1999 Exodus 16/04/2014Pristina and Tirana commemorated the 15th anniversary of the Kosovo exodus when thousands of ethnic Albanians fled their homes seeking refuge from the conflict with Serbian forces.
- Jacobson Deflects Query Over Dell’s Bechtel Post 16/04/2014The US ambassador in Kosovo, on Twitter, sidestepped questions about the former ambassador’s employment by the company that constructed the so-called Patriotic Highway, saying former diplomats were not forbidden private sector work.
- Kosovo Serb Arrested for Post-War Murder 16/04/2014The EU rule-of-law mission has arrested a Serb for an alleged murder linked to violent unrest that rocked northern Kosovo in 2000 after the war with Belgrade’s forces ended.
- Bosnia Museum Defies Pressure to Re-open 16/04/2014Bosnia's National Museum and the Federation entity government are in a stand-off over whether the ancient cultural institution should re-open its doors this summer.
- PM Bribe Claim Electrifies Macedonian Election 17/04/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO
Search Results for: census
PRISTINA, KOSOVO – Not even 2 million people are living in Kosovo. After the registration of 98 percent of the resident population, first figures – spread by press and broadcasting media – indicate that about 1,8 million persons were counted. … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The long planned and awaited census of the Kosovan population seems to face ongoing confusion about its implementa-tion in the Serb dominated northern part of Kosovo. While beforehand government officials stated, that the UN organization UNOPS will … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO – Kosovo Defense Minister Ceku said, “It should be clear that the KSF does not fulfill the Kosovo’s security requests and needs. Certainly in the meantime there will be a need to establish full military capacities …” ++ Serb … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO – LDK MP Lutfi Haziri criticized the Government of Kosovo concerning the civil registry compromise, reminding that Serbia offered these copies of the registry books already at the former talks in Vienna, but refused a hand over later on … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO – Vetevendosje parliament members disregarded the Constitutional Court ruling and left the Assembly hall right after the budget 2011 was approved. LDK and AAK stated, they will do the same … opposition political parties unanimously said that they will … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — As assessed by Pieter Everaer from EUROSTAT, Kosovo is ready for the census. Everaers at a press conference confirmed that the census will start on April 1 until April 15 … extensions are possible caused by the … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The 2nd. round of talks is expected to continue today … issues to be treated include: registry books, energy and customs seals ++ … problems have accrued during the preparation process which have not been foreseen … … Continue reading
IOWA / PRISTINA / BELGRADE — Gov. Terry Branstad has announced a new partnership between Iowa and Kosovo involving the Iowa National Guard. The program is part of an effort to link the Guard with partner countries to foster mutual … Continue reading
PRISTINA / PRISHTINA ++ Snowboard Cup Lands in Kosovo: Brezovica will be hosting Kosovo’s first Snowboard Cross competition in March, bringing top athletes and a host of cultural events to the country’s slopes … ++ KFOR to Halve Troop Numbers in Kosovo: … Continue reading
PRISTINA / PRISHTINA ++ Serbia Prosecutor Backs Del Ponte Role in Organ Trade Probe: Serbia’s war crimes prosecutor supports the initiative of Carla del Ponte, former chief prosecutor at the Hague, to take part in the investigation into alleged organ trafficking … Continue reading