- Officials From Albania, Kosovo Visit Rival Serbia - ABC News 23/10/2014BBC NewsOfficials From Albania, Kosovo Visit Rival SerbiaABC NewsKosovo's foreign minister traveled to Serbia on Thursday for the first time since Kosovo declared independence in 2008, describing the visit as a historic event. Also in Belgrade, the Serbian capital, was Albanian Foreign Minister Ditmir Bushati, who ...Kosovo minister Enver Hoxhaj makes h […]
- Serbia Protests IOC Kosovo Provisional Recognition - ABC News 23/10/2014ABC NewsSerbia Protests IOC Kosovo Provisional RecognitionABC NewsSerbia lodged a formal protest Thursday against the International Olympic Committee decision to grant provisional recognition to Kosovo, calling it a "precedent of dangerous proportions." IOC President Thomas Bach said the move was line with the ...Kosovo granted provisional Olympic […]
- IOC gives provisional recognition to Kosovo - Daily News & Analysis 23/10/2014Daily News & AnalysisIOC gives provisional recognition to KosovoDaily News & AnalysisThe IOC accepted Kosovo into the Olympic fold on Wednesday, clearing the way for the former Serbian province to send an independent team to the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro. The International Olympic Committee executive board granted provisional ...
- Kosovo President Receives Bulgaria's Ambassador for Farewell Visit - Novinite.com 24/10/2014Novinite.comKosovo President Receives Bulgaria's Ambassador for Farewell VisitNovinite.comPresident Jahjaga has thanked him for his contribution and has expressed gratitude for the friendliness of Bulgaria and its citizens "who have stood close to the people of Kosovo during the most difficult times and at every step of the consolidation of ...and […]
- Kosovo foreign minister visits rival Serbia as tensions ease - i24news 24/10/2014i24newsKosovo foreign minister visits rival Serbia as tensions easei24newsKosovo's foreign minister made a landmark visit to Serbia on Thursday, the first since the former Serbian province unilaterally declared independence in 2008 to the fury of Belgrade. The presence of Enver Hoxhaj and his Albanian counterpart Ditmir ...Fuele: We are not asking Serbi […]
- The boy from Kosovo who grew up to be a suicide bomber - BBC News 09/10/2014BBC NewsThe boy from Kosovo who grew up to be a suicide bomberBBC NewsIn Kosovo it used to be the case that families were culturally Muslim, but rarely devout believers. Recently though some young people have become radicalised. Up to 200 are thought to be fighting in Syria and Iraq causing heartbreak for those left behind.and more »
- Kosovo FM lauds relations with Kuwait - Kuwait News Agency 24/10/2014Kuwait News AgencyKosovo FM lauds relations with KuwaitKuwait News AgencyBRUSSELS, Oct 24 (KUNA) -- The Foreign Minister of Kosovo Enver Hoxhay Friday described his country's relations with Kuwait as "very good" and said he seeks to expand and strengthen them further. "We have a very good relation with Kuwait.
- Kosovo unable to compete in canoeing and kayaking at Rio 2016, says ICF ... - Insidethegames.biz 25/10/2014Kosovo unable to compete in canoeing and kayaking at Rio 2016, says ICF ...Insidethegames.bizKosovo will have to wait until the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games to have the opportunity to Kosovo will not be able to become a member of the International Canoe Federation (ICF) in time to compete in canoeing and kayaking at Rio 2016, it has been revealed.
- Kosovo 'jihad' boy home from Syria after secret operation - BBC News 16/10/2014BBC NewsKosovo 'jihad' boy home from Syria after secret operationBBC NewsAn eight-year-old boy from Kosovo has been reunited with his mother after his jihadist father kept him for five months in Syria. Kosovo's Prime Minister, Hashim Thaci, said the country's intelligence agency had found and rescued Erion Abazi with help ...Eight-year-ol […]
- Kosovo is fully behind America's fight against Isis - The Guardian 30/09/2014The GuardianKosovo is fully behind America's fight against IsisThe GuardianKosovo is a country where the majority of the population declare themselves to be Muslim. But Kosovars wholly reject the religious dogma proposed by radical strains of political Islam, and we shall not allow it to endanger our path towards eventual ...
- Officials From Albania, Kosovo Visit Rival Serbia - ABC News 23/10/2014
- Croatian Offers Struggling Businesses Loans 24/10/2014The Croatian Bank for Reconstruction and Development, HBOR, has set aside 26 million euro in loans for businesses that have averted going bankrupt - but some say the sum is too small.
- Bosniaks Mark Closure of Detention Camp for Serbs 24/10/2014For the first time, Bosniak ex-prisoners commemorated the shutdown of a wartime prison camp where the Bosnian Army detained hundreds of Serbs in Celebici in 1992.
- Bosniak Soldier Awaits Dusina Massacre Verdict 24/10/2014Prosecutors demanded a guilty verdict for Bosnian Army ex-soldier Vehid Subotic, accused of ordering a massacre in the village of Dusina in 1993, while his defence insisted he was innocent.
- Croatian Veterans Vow to Continue Tent-Camp Protest 24/10/2014Former soldiers camped out in front of the war veterans’ ministry for the fifth day in a row, demanding improved benefits and the resignation of the minister.
- Homophobic Hooligans go on Rampage in Macedonia 24/10/2014About 20 hooligans caused mayhem on Thursday night at the LGBT centre in Skopje, where the country's gay community was holding an anniversary party.
- Kosovo Private Sector Workers Suffering, Union Says 24/10/2014While unemployment has dropped in Kosovo in recent years, many wwho have accepted jobs in the private sector face appalling conditions, a union leader says.
- Brussels to Monitor Balkan Economies Each Year 24/10/2014Balkan countries pledged to send their annual economic plans to the EU at a conference in Belgrade - which also marked the first time that the Serbian capital hosted Kosovo officials.
- Montenegro Says No to Marijuana as Medicine 24/10/2014Montenegrin ministers have refused to back an initiative to legalize marijuana for medical purposes, saying any such decision requires further medical and legal analysis.
- Bosnia Seeks Detention For Gibraltar Gang Suspects 24/10/2014Bosnia's Prosecutor has demanded detention for the nine arrested in a police action codenamed Gibraltar, which included telecoms officials and marketing and television figures.
- Albania, Serbia Appeal Against UEFA Ruling 24/10/2014Both Albania and Serbia are to appeal against the EUEFA ruling on the abandoned Euro 2016 qualifier in Belgrade, which each side has condemned as unjust.
- Smokers Burn Hole in Romanian Health Budget 24/10/2014Romania is paying more to treat its legion of smokers than it is earning from taxes on tobacco.
- Macedonia Demands Sacking of ‘Communist Police Informers’ 24/10/2014The Macedonian state office tasked with rooting out communist-era informers has asked for them to be sacked from their jobs, but critics say suspects are being targeted for political reasons.
- Mladic Trial to Hear New Mass Grave Evidence 23/10/2014Hague Tribunal prosecutors have been granted permission to present new forensic evidence found at Tomasica, Bosnia’s biggest mass grave, in the war crimes case against Ratko Mladic.
- UEFA to Rule on Serbia-Albania Match Mayhem 23/10/2014The UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body will hold a hearing on Thursday to discuss disciplinary proceeding against the Serbian and Albanian football federations over the amatch on October 14, which was called off amid battles on the pitch.
- Journalists Demand Freedom for Jailed Macedonian Reporter 23/10/2014Macedonian and international journalist's associations demanded 'Justice and Freedom' for the jailed reporter Tomislav Kezarovski ahead of Friday’s hearing before the appeal court.
- Croatian Offers Struggling Businesses Loans 24/10/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO
Search Results for: census
PRISTINA, KOSOVO – Not even 2 million people are living in Kosovo. After the registration of 98 percent of the resident population, first figures – spread by press and broadcasting media – indicate that about 1,8 million persons were counted. … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The long planned and awaited census of the Kosovan population seems to face ongoing confusion about its implementa-tion in the Serb dominated northern part of Kosovo. While beforehand government officials stated, that the UN organization UNOPS will … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — Kosovo Defense Minister Ceku said, “It should be clear that the KSF does not fulfill the Kosovo’s security requests and needs. Certainly in the meantime there will be a need to establish full military capacities …” ++ Serb … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — LDK MP Lutfi Haziri criticized the Government of Kosovo concerning the civil registry compromise, reminding that Serbia offered these copies of the registry books already at the former talks in Vienna, but refused a hand over later on … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — Vetevendosje parliament members disregarded the Constitutional Court ruling and left the Assembly hall right after the budget 2011 was approved. LDK and AAK stated, they will do the same … opposition political parties unanimously said that they will … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — As assessed by Pieter Everaer from EUROSTAT, Kosovo is ready for the census. Everaers at a press conference confirmed that the census will start on April 1 until April 15 … extensions are possible caused by the … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The 2nd. round of talks is expected to continue today … issues to be treated include: registry books, energy and customs seals ++ … problems have accrued during the preparation process which have not been foreseen … … Continue reading
IOWA / PRISTINA / BELGRADE — Gov. Terry Branstad has announced a new partnership between Iowa and Kosovo involving the Iowa National Guard. The program is part of an effort to link the Guard with partner countries to foster mutual … Continue reading
PRISTINA / PRISHTINA ++ Snowboard Cup Lands in Kosovo: Brezovica will be hosting Kosovo’s first Snowboard Cross competition in March, bringing top athletes and a host of cultural events to the country’s slopes … ++ KFOR to Halve Troop Numbers in Kosovo: … Continue reading
PRISTINA / PRISHTINA ++ Serbia Prosecutor Backs Del Ponte Role in Organ Trade Probe: Serbia’s war crimes prosecutor supports the initiative of Carla del Ponte, former chief prosecutor at the Hague, to take part in the investigation into alleged organ trafficking … Continue reading