- Letter from Kosovo: disarray in the heart of the Balkans - New Statesman 27/11/2014New StatesmanLetter from Kosovo: disarray in the heart of the BalkansNew StatesmanKosovo has been without a government since the inconclusive general election six months ago; yet the remarkable thing is how little difference this has made. The other remarkable thing is that the foreigners who exercise real influence here – the ...
- "Kosovo will soon have its army" - B92 26/11/2014"Kosovo will soon have its army"B92According to him, "at one of the first sessions upon its constitution" the Kosovo assembly will adopt a decision to transform the Security Force into "the army of Kosovo." In an interview published by the Priština-based Albanian-language daily Epoka e ...
- Kosovo parties 'agree to form government' - Aljazeera.com 20/11/2014Aljazeera.comKosovo parties 'agree to form government'Aljazeera.comKosovo's two biggest parties have agreed "in principle" to form a coalition government, the president of the semi-autonomous territory has said, signalling an end to more than five months of damaging political deadlock and accusations of government ...Kosovo Leaders P […]
- Kosovo will soon have its army - Journal of Turkish Weekly 27/11/2014Kosovo will soon have its armyJournal of Turkish WeeklyThe transformation of the Kosovo Security Forces into the Army of Kosovo has no other alternative now. The new parliament of Kosovo will vote the formation of Armed Forces immediately after it's constituted. This was said by institutional and military ...and more »
- Serbia-Albania row over Kosovo mars historic Rama visit - BBC News 11/11/2014BBC NewsSerbia-Albania row over Kosovo mars historic Rama visitBBC NewsThe first visit to Serbia for 68 years by an Albanian prime minister has turned into a diplomatic spat about the status of Kosovo, broadcast live on TV. Edi Rama's historic trip to Belgrade was seen as an attempt to put differences aside after a ...PMs of Albania and Serbia clash ove […]
- NATO supports creation of Kosovo Army - InSerbia News 26/11/2014InSerbia NewsNATO supports creation of Kosovo ArmyInSerbia NewsBELGRADE – NATO made clear today that the transformation of the Kosovo Security Force (BSK) to the army of Kosovo is “an internal matter that concerns local institutions” and suggested that “the level of NATO involvement” in support of the KSF could be ...
- Alleged connections between top Kosovo politicians and assassin investigated - The Guardian 09/11/2014The GuardianAlleged connections between top Kosovo politicians and assassin investigatedThe GuardianThe move comes at a time when the EU is to send a legal expert to scrutinise the operations of the EU Rule of Law mission in Kosovo, Eulex, which is in crisis following recent allegations by a British whistleblower that it has been covering up evidence ...Koso […]
- Blic, Serbia: PM Vučić to hold meeting with EULEX Kosovo Head - Focus News 27/11/2014Blic, Serbia: PM Vučić to hold meeting with EULEX Kosovo HeadFocus NewsBelgrade. Serbian PM Aleksandar Vučić is to hold a meeting Thursday with the new Head of Mission EULEX Kosovo, Gabriele Meucci, Serbian online news edition Blic reported. The meeting is due to take place at noon at the building of the Serbian ...PM's visit to Israel to be "histo […]
- 'Don't screw up': US envoy losing patience with Kosovo political impasse - Reuters 06/11/2014'Don't screw up': US envoy losing patience with Kosovo political impasseReutersThe United States enjoys deep respect in Kosovo for leading a 1999 NATO bombing campaign to end a wave of killing and expulsions of ethnic Albanians by Serbian forces waging a two-year counter-insurgency war in the then Serbian province.US Urges Kosovo To Solve Poli […]
- Hungary to send more troops to Kosovo, Bosnia - Politics.hu 25/11/2014InSerbia NewsHungary to send more troops to Kosovo, BosniaPolitics.huIn parallel with the withdrawal of Hungarian troops from Afghanistan, Hungary will send more peacekeepers to Kosovo and Bosnia-Herzegovina, Chief of Staff Tibor Benko said in Belgrade on Tuesday. Benko held talks with his Serbian counterpart Ljubisa ...More Hungarian soldiers in BiH and Kos […]
- Letter from Kosovo: disarray in the heart of the Balkans - New Statesman 27/11/2014
- Bulgaria Security Chief Criticised After Islamists’ Arrest 27/11/2014The minority partner in the Bulgarian coalition government asked for the resignation of the head of the National Security Agency after he failed to answer questions about a possible Islamist threat.
- Bosnia Denies Busting Russian Sanctions on EU 27/11/2014Bosnia sought to assure Russia that it was not being used to transit agricultural products from EU countries and breach sanctions that Moscow imposed on Brussels amid the Ukraine crisis.
- Croatian Tourist Company Sold in Record Deal 27/11/2014Croatian company Istraturist, which has 16 hotels, villas and apartment resorts, has been sold for 120 million euro – the highest-ever amount for a tourism business in the country.
- Euro Parliament Condemns ‘Warmongering’ Seselj 27/11/2014The European parliament adopted a resolution urging the Hague Tribunal to rethink its decision to temporarily release Serbian ultra-nationalist war crimes defendant Vojislav Seselj.
- No Prosecutions After Montenegro Chopper Crash Probe 27/11/2014More than three years after a helicopter crash killed three Montenegrin military pilots, an investigation found that there were no grounds to launch any criminal prosecutions.
- Croatia Probes ‘Salami King’ Over War Profiteering 27/11/2014A well-known producer of salami and other meat products, Georg ‘Djuro’ Gavrilovic, is under investigation for allegedly taking money intended for buying arms for Croatian forces in the 1990s war.
- Romania PM Plans Government Reshuffle 27/11/2014Weakened by his defeat in the presidential elections, Prime Minister Victor Ponta is trying to reshuffle the government in order to secure his position.
- Macedonia Murders Blamed on Veterans’ Traumas 27/11/2014After a recent series of murders and suicides by ex-servicemen, veterans of Macedonia’s 2001 conflict want the state to provide psychiatric help for people traumatised by war.
- Mladic Witness: Muslim Extremists Caused Prijedor Conflict 27/11/2014A defence witness at the war crimes trial of former Bosnian Serb military commander Ratko Mladic said Muslim militants started the fighting in Prijedor in spring 1992.
- Croatia Indicts Soldier for Operation Storm Killings 26/11/2014Former soldier Rajko Krickovic was charged with shooting two Serb civilians and burning another one alive in the village of Kijani after the Croatian Army’s Operation Storm in August 1995.
- New Kosovo Adminstration Expected Next Month 26/11/2014The Kosovo Assembly is to vote on a new government on December 8 after a coalition deal between the two major parties brought an end to almost six months of political stalemate.
- Republika Srpska Leader Prepares to Name PM 26/11/2014The re-elected president of Bosnia's Republika Srpska entity, Milorad Dodik, announced he would name a new prime minister this week after his bloc secured a parliamentary majority.
- Bosnia Opens Batkovic Prisoner Abuse Trial 26/11/2014Former Bosnian Serb soldier Gligor Begovic went on trial for fatal beatings and sexual abuse of prisoners at the Batkovic detention centre in the Bijeljina municipality in 1992.
- ‘Camps of Death’ Film Premieres in Bosnia 26/11/2014The new documentary contains powerful testimony from 67 wartime detention camp prisoners about the torture, murders, physical and psychological abuse that they witnessed.
- Turkey Arrests Seven for Serbia Basketball Killing 26/11/2014Police in Turkey have arrested seven people on suspicion of involvement in the killing of a Serbian basketball fan during a mass fight in Istanbul last week.
- Bulgaria Security Chief Criticised After Islamists’ Arrest 27/11/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO
Search Results for: census
PRISTINA, KOSOVO – Not even 2 million people are living in Kosovo. After the registration of 98 percent of the resident population, first figures – spread by press and broadcasting media – indicate that about 1,8 million persons were counted. … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The long planned and awaited census of the Kosovan population seems to face ongoing confusion about its implementa-tion in the Serb dominated northern part of Kosovo. While beforehand government officials stated, that the UN organization UNOPS will … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — Kosovo Defense Minister Ceku said, “It should be clear that the KSF does not fulfill the Kosovo’s security requests and needs. Certainly in the meantime there will be a need to establish full military capacities …” ++ Serb … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — LDK MP Lutfi Haziri criticized the Government of Kosovo concerning the civil registry compromise, reminding that Serbia offered these copies of the registry books already at the former talks in Vienna, but refused a hand over later on … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — Vetevendosje parliament members disregarded the Constitutional Court ruling and left the Assembly hall right after the budget 2011 was approved. LDK and AAK stated, they will do the same … opposition political parties unanimously said that they will … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — As assessed by Pieter Everaer from EUROSTAT, Kosovo is ready for the census. Everaers at a press conference confirmed that the census will start on April 1 until April 15 … extensions are possible caused by the … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The 2nd. round of talks is expected to continue today … issues to be treated include: registry books, energy and customs seals ++ … problems have accrued during the preparation process which have not been foreseen … … Continue reading
IOWA / PRISTINA / BELGRADE — Gov. Terry Branstad has announced a new partnership between Iowa and Kosovo involving the Iowa National Guard. The program is part of an effort to link the Guard with partner countries to foster mutual … Continue reading
PRISTINA / PRISHTINA ++ Snowboard Cup Lands in Kosovo: Brezovica will be hosting Kosovo’s first Snowboard Cross competition in March, bringing top athletes and a host of cultural events to the country’s slopes … ++ KFOR to Halve Troop Numbers in Kosovo: … Continue reading
PRISTINA / PRISHTINA ++ Serbia Prosecutor Backs Del Ponte Role in Organ Trade Probe: Serbia’s war crimes prosecutor supports the initiative of Carla del Ponte, former chief prosecutor at the Hague, to take part in the investigation into alleged organ trafficking … Continue reading