Search NEWS > KOSOVO
- EU probes ally of Kosovo PM, ambassador for war crimes - Yahoo! News 23/05/2013InSerbia NewsEU probes ally of Kosovo PM, ambassador for war crimesYahoo! NewsPRISTINA (Reuters) - European Union police said on Thursday they had arrested five people, including a wartime ally of Kosovo's prime minister, and were investigating the ambassador to Albania on suspicion of war crimes during Kosovo's 1998-99 conflict.Kosovo unveiling Ho […]
- Kosovo brown bears Ari and Arina released into sanctuary after a decade held ... - Fox News 23/05/2013Kosovo brown bears Ari and Arina released into sanctuary after a decade held ...Fox NewsMRAMOR, Kosovo – Two brown bears have been released into a special sanctuary after being held in a 20-square-meter cage almost their entire lives to amuse visitors at a Kosovo restaurant. Ari and Arina, both 10 years old, were taken to their new, much ...and more »
- Serbia Thanks Moscow For Support On Kosovo - RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty 24/05/2013RadioFreeEurope/RadioLibertySerbia Thanks Moscow For Support On KosovoRadioFreeEurope/RadioLibertyIt also backs closer political cooperation, especially on the issue of Kosovo, whose 2008 declaration of independence has been recognized by neither Serbia nor Russia. Serbian Defense Minister Aleksandar Vucic, who is also in Russia, was quoted by ...“Russia won […]
- Brown Bears In Kosovo Rescued After Nearly 10 Years In Captivity - Huffington Post 23/05/2013The ProvinceBrown Bears In Kosovo Rescued After Nearly 10 Years In CaptivityHuffington PostMRAMOR, Kosovo (AP) — Two brown bears have been released into a special sanctuary after being held in a 20-square-meter cage almost their entire lives to amuse visitors at a Kosovo restaurant. Ari and Arina, both 10 years old, were taken to their new, ...Bears rescued […]
- Imam, Priest Attend Event At Orthodox Cemetery In Kosovo - RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty 24/05/2013Imam, Priest Attend Event At Orthodox Cemetery In KosovoRadioFreeEurope/RadioLibertyAn imam and an Orthodox priest have joined efforts to clean a damaged Christian cemetery in Kosovo's central town of Kosovo Polje and observe reconstruction work. Imam Remzi Godeni and Father Nikola Dragicevic were accompanied by the Organization ...
- Serbia, Kosovo agree way forward on plan to normalize ties - Yahoo! News 22/05/2013Yahoo! NewsSerbia, Kosovo agree way forward on plan to normalize tiesYahoo! NewsReuters/Reuters - Kosovo's Prime Minister Hashim Thaci talks to the media after a meeting with Serbian Prime Minister Ivica Dacic and European Union foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton in Brussels April 19, …more 2013. REUTERS/Yves Herman less ...Serbia and Kosovo agree no […]
- Kosovo Press Review – May 24, 2013 - Balkan Insight 24/05/2013Kosovo Press Review – May 24, 2013Balkan InsightKosovo foreign minister, Enver Hoxhaj, did not rule out the possibility the current legislation could be changed in order to implement the April 19 deal with Belgrade, Tribuna reports. The opposition criticized the government expressing its concern ...
- Members of the Serbian parliament continue visit to Kosovo - InSerbia News 24/05/2013InSerbia NewsMembers of the Serbian parliament continue visit to KosovoInSerbia NewsThe MPs also stated Serbia would not give up on Kosovo and would do everything to facilitate everyday life for the Kosovo Serbs. After the Patriarchate, the MPs will visit the monastery Visoki Decani and then Gracanica, where they will meet with local ...
- Kosovo: Moving toward the Dream of European Integration - World Bank Group 21/05/2013Kosovo: Moving toward the Dream of European IntegrationWorld Bank GroupThe World Bank Group has worked closely with other development partners to help Kosovo—a full member since mid-2009—to recover from the 1999 war, reinforce the economic foundation supporting its political independence in 2008, and strengthen public ...
- Serbia and Kosovo inch closer to an implementation deal - European Voice 23/05/2013Serbia and Kosovo inch closer to an implementation dealEuropean VoiceSerbia and Kosovo yesterday appeared to be inching closer to a deal on how to implement a normalisation agreement brokered last month by Catherine Ashton, the European Union's foreign policy chief. Another round of talks between Serbia's Ivica Dacic ...
- EU probes ally of Kosovo PM, ambassador for war crimes - Yahoo! News 23/05/2013
- Montenegro Police Detain Drug Suspect Kelmendi's Son 24/05/2013Montenegrin police arrested one of the sons of Kosovo-born narcotics trafficking suspect Naser Kelmendi early on Friday at one of the country's border crossings.
- Serbian Council Warns of Debt Crisis 24/05/2013Serbia's Financial Council said that a budget revision is needed to avoid a looming debt crisis.
- Kosovo Erects Plaque to Holocaust Victims 24/05/2013Authorities in Pristina have dedicated a commemorative plaque to victims of the Holocaust, a number of whom were saved by Kosovo Albanians during World War II.
- Bosnian Serb Intelligence ‘Not Told About Srebrenica’ 24/05/2013A former Bosnian Serb Army intelligence officer told the Hague trial of Radovan Karadzic that he knew nothing about the mass murders of Muslim prisoners from Srebrenica in 1995.
- Montenegro ‘Failing to Prosecute War Crimes Properly’ 24/05/2013No final war crimes conviction has been achieved so far because international law is not properly applied at trials, claims a new report from a Montenegrin rights group.
- Bulgarian Socialists Tasked With Forming Govt 24/05/2013The Socialist Party, which came second in the May 12 elections, received a mandate to form a government from President Rosen Plevneliev on Thursday - after the front-ranking GERB party refused to do so.
- Romania To Sell Rail Freight Company 24/05/2013After an earlier failed attempt at privatization, Bucharest hopes to sell off the national rail freight company by a June deadline.
- Serbian Leaders Boost Ties with Russia 24/05/2013The Serbian President and Deputy Prime Minister have travelled to Russia to buy fighter jets and sign a declaration on strategic partnership.
- Croatian Officer Acquitted of Killing Elderly Serbs 24/05/2013Former Croatian Army officer Tihomir Savoric, who has previously been convicted of war crimes, was acquitted alongside two other soldiers of killing four Serbs in Bosnia in 1995.
- Kosovo May Sue US Firm Over Trepca Deal 23/05/2013Kosovo said it will sue companies that establish contracts with the Trepca industrial complex after the US firm New Generation Power did so without due consultation.
- Albania Parties Ignore Call For Donor Transparency 23/05/2013Open Data Albania, a Tirana-based watchdog group, says political parties are failing to make public their lists of campaign donors ahead of the June 23 elections.
- In Pictures: Skopje’s New Square Takes Shape 23/05/2013A square overlooked by a giant 29-metre tall bronze statue of the warrior king Philip of Macedon is taking its final shape in the centre of the Macedonian capital.
- Montenegro Police Detain Drug Suspect Kelmendi's Son 24/05/2013
Feedburner NEWS KOSOVO
- Indictments on Organ Trading against Citizens from Turkey and Israel
- Inauguration of Kosovo War Crimes Institute
- Kosovo Liberation Day
- Kosovo PM Thaci to be investigated on Marty Report allegations
- Kosovo-Serbia Talks postponed
- Corruption at Kosovo customs and PTK
- Andorra recognized Kosovo
- Explosion in "Ferronikel" Company
We need your help !If you want to write constructive critically on any issue regarding the Republic of Kosovo, please contact email@example.com
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search Results for: census
PRISTINA, KOSOVO – Not even 2 million people are living in Kosovo. After the registration of 98 percent of the resident population, first figures – spread by press and broadcasting media – indicate that about 1,8 million persons were counted. … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The long planned and awaited census of the Kosovan population seems to face ongoing confusion about its implementa-tion in the Serb dominated northern part of Kosovo. While beforehand government officials stated, that the UN organization UNOPS will … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO – Kosovo Defense Minister Ceku said, “It should be clear that the KSF does not fulfill the Kosovo’s security requests and needs. Certainly in the meantime there will be a need to establish full military capacities …” ++ Serb … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO – LDK MP Lutfi Haziri criticized the Government of Kosovo concerning the civil registry compromise, reminding that Serbia offered these copies of the registry books already at the former talks in Vienna, but refused a hand over later on … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO – Vetevendosje parliament members disregarded the Constitutional Court ruling and left the Assembly hall right after the budget 2011 was approved. LDK and AAK stated, they will do the same … opposition political parties unanimously said that they will … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — As assessed by Pieter Everaer from EUROSTAT, Kosovo is ready for the census. Everaers at a press conference confirmed that the census will start on April 1 until April 15 … extensions are possible caused by the … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The 2nd. round of talks is expected to continue today … issues to be treated include: registry books, energy and customs seals ++ … problems have accrued during the preparation process which have not been foreseen … … Continue reading
IOWA / PRISTINA / BELGRADE — Gov. Terry Branstad has announced a new partnership between Iowa and Kosovo involving the Iowa National Guard. The program is part of an effort to link the Guard with partner countries to foster mutual … Continue reading
PRISTINA / PRISHTINA ++ Snowboard Cup Lands in Kosovo: Brezovica will be hosting Kosovo’s first Snowboard Cross competition in March, bringing top athletes and a host of cultural events to the country’s slopes … ++ KFOR to Halve Troop Numbers in Kosovo: … Continue reading
PRISTINA / PRISHTINA ++ Serbia Prosecutor Backs Del Ponte Role in Organ Trade Probe: Serbia’s war crimes prosecutor supports the initiative of Carla del Ponte, former chief prosecutor at the Hague, to take part in the investigation into alleged organ trafficking … Continue reading