PRISTINA, Kosovo — As to Kosovo media two major public institutions were confronted with corruption cases on Wednesday: Reportedly the office of the Kosovo Special Prosecutor filed an indictment against Shyqyri Haxha, the CEO of the publicly owned Post Telekom Kosovo. Accusations refer to a damage of 100,000 Euro caused by a license given to the "Mobile Virtual Network Operator" Dardafon.net in 2008 and 2009. Another indictment targets the Director General of the Kosovo Customs, Naim Huruglica, as well as the head of its legal office, Lulzim Rafun. Both men face accusations to have harmed the Kosovo Budget by misusing their insider knowledge concerning a planned increase of tobacco tax. Prior to this decision the respective officials are said to have imported a sizable amount of tobacco, supported by four Kosovo companies. KON / NK
Search NEWS > KOSOVO
- Peace stone from Hiroshima presented to Kosovo - The Japan Times 21/05/2013Peace stone from Hiroshima presented to KosovoThe Japan TimesPRISTINA – A Hiroshima-based citizens' group has presented the former Yugoslav autonomous region of Kosovo with a stone from the 1945 atomic bombing engraved with an image of a Buddhist goddess of mercy. A ceremony to mark the donation of the ...
- Kosovo: Moving toward the Dream of European Integration - World Bank - World Bank Group 21/05/2013Kosovo: Moving toward the Dream of European Integration - World BankWorld Bank GroupThe World Bank Group has worked closely with other development partners to help Kosovo—a full member since mid-2009—to recover from the 1999 war, reinforce the economic foundation supporting its political independence in 2008, and strengthen public ...
- Kosovo Serbs cry for help - Pravda 21/05/2013B92Kosovo Serbs cry for helpPravdaBrussels intensifies diplomatic efforts for the implementation of the new agreement on Kosovo, signed by Belgrade and Pristina on April 19. The head of European diplomacy, Catherine Ashton, has recently said that the parties had been invited to take ...Assembly of Bishops starts with prayer for KosovoB92Patriarch Irinej pray […]
- New Serbia-Kosovo Talks Planned In Brussels - Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty - RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty 21/05/2013RadioFreeEurope/RadioLibertyNew Serbia-Kosovo Talks Planned In Brussels - Radio Free Europe / Radio LibertyRadioFreeEurope/RadioLibertyThe Serbian and Kosovar prime ministers are due to meet under European Union mediation to discuss implementation of the accord to normalize relations between Serbia and Kosovo. The May 21 talks in Brussels bring together Serb […]
- German foreign minister pushes Serbia on Kosovo deal - Deutsche Welle 20/05/2013German foreign minister pushes Serbia on Kosovo dealDeutsche WelleSerbia signed a historic deal normalizing relations with Kosovo in Brussels last April. The deal would expand Pristina's authority to northern Kosovo, while giving a degree of autonomy in the area to 40,000 local Serbs who are largely opposed to the deal.
- US Embassy in Kosovo questions Serbian government's jurisdiction over Trepca ... - InSerbia News 21/05/2013InSerbia NewsUS Embassy in Kosovo questions Serbian government's jurisdiction over Trepca ...InSerbia NewsA contract on business and technical cooperation between Trepca from Kosovo and New Generation Power from the U.S. was signed at the Serbian government headquarters on Friday, involving new investments, increased and better production and new ...
- Suspects in the shooting in “Just Vanilla” arrested in Kosovo - InSerbia News 21/05/2013InSerbia NewsSuspects in the shooting in “Just Vanilla” arrested in KosovoInSerbia News“We asked personal documents from them for inspection. However, they did not have any, so we took them immediately to the police station, where they were identified,” stated officials from KPS. During the search of one of them marijuana was found.
- Kosovo Press Review – May 21, 2013 - Balkan Insight 21/05/2013Kosovo Press Review – May 21, 2013Balkan InsightEU Foreign policy chief, Catherine Ashton, will present an action plan on the implementation of the April 19 agreement to Kosovo and Serbian prime ministers, the paper reports. According to an article of Tribuna, Kosovo will have to change some of its ...
- Multiculturalism in Kosovo - the case of the historic centre of Prizren - TransConflict 21/05/2013Multiculturalism in Kosovo - the case of the historic centre of PrizrenTransConflict1.1 – The Serbian Orthodox Church in Kosovo will be offered protection, its privileges and immunities as provided in this Annex. The implementation of these rights brings with it other duties and responsibilities to act in accordance with the laws of ...
- Frederick library manager visits Kosovo, advises on the future of libraries in ... - Frederick News Post (subscription) 19/05/2013Frederick library manager visits Kosovo, advises on the future of libraries in ...Frederick News Post (subscription)Yet Paul Engelstad is indeed a public affairs officer with the U.S. Embassy in Pristina, Kosovo who became interested in the Frederick library's programs like Frederick Reads and the Frederick Speaker Series, she said. Engelstad also rents […]
- Peace stone from Hiroshima presented to Kosovo - The Japan Times 21/05/2013
- Croatian Airlines Staff End Strike 21/05/2013Croatian Airlines flight attendants agreed to end the strike against jobs and wage cuts on Tuesday, after edight days.
- Bosnia Resists EU Call For Free Trade 21/05/2013Foreign Trade Minister says Bosnia will not accept a customs-free import regime with EU states despite pressure from Brussels.
- Bosnian Serb Detainees ‘Beaten, Sexually Abused’ at Dretelj 21/05/2013A witness at the trial of five Croatian Defence Forces fighters for war crimes at the Dretelj detention camp in southern Bosnia in 1992 said he was physically and sexually abused while imprisoned.
- Serbia Arrests Two Over 1999 Kosovo Massacre 21/05/2013Serbian police have arrested two men, including a current member of the country’s special police unit, on suspicion that they helped murder at least 65 Albanian civilians in a Kosovo village.
- Bosniaks Recall Deadly Visegrad Prisoner Convoy 21/05/2013At the trial of three Bosnian Serb fighters for war crimes in Visegrad in 1992, a witness said that one defendant played a key role in removing Bosniak villagers from their homes.
- Tony Blair to Advise Albanian Socialists 21/05/2013The opposition Socialists have reached a deal with the former British Prime Minister to act as a consultant for the new government, provided that they win the June 23 elections.
- Kosovo Mayor Questions BIRN's Motives 21/05/2013Sami Lushtaku, one of six defendants accused of waging a hate campaign against BIRN Kosovo director Jeta Xharra, said he “had reasons to believe BIRN is linked to Serbian secret services”.
- Romania Jails MP, Former Officials, For Abuse 21/05/2013A court in Bucharest has jailed a football club owner and other senior ex-officials for corruption.
- Bulgarian Parliament Elects Socialist Speaker 21/05/2013A Socialist former Interior Minister, Mihail Mikov, has been elected as speaker of the new Bulgarian parliament.
- Vujanovic Starts Third Term as Montenegro President 21/05/2013Filip Vujanovic, from the ruling Democratic Party of Socialists, started his third presidential term amid protests by people who still contest the legality of his election win.
- Vojvodina Opposition Demands Snap Elections 21/05/2013Opposition parties in Serbia's northern province of Vojvodina are demanding the dimissal of the Democratic Party-led government and early elections.
- EU Threat to Visa Regime Worries Macedonia 21/05/2013In a bid to head off moves to reassess the visa-free regime, Macedonia says the number of asylum seekers in the EU from the Balkans is falling.
- Croatian Airlines Staff End Strike 21/05/2013
Feedburner NEWS KOSOVO
- Indictments on Organ Trading against Citizens from Turkey and Israel
- Inauguration of Kosovo War Crimes Institute
- Kosovo Liberation Day
- Kosovo PM Thaci to be investigated on Marty Report allegations
- Kosovo-Serbia Talks postponed
- Corruption at Kosovo customs and PTK
- Andorra recognized Kosovo
- Explosion in "Ferronikel" Company
We need your help !If you want to write constructive critically on any issue regarding the Republic of Kosovo, please contact email@example.com
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!