PRISTINA, Kosovo — The Kosovo Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Justice Hajredin Kuci today inaugurated the Kosovo War Crimes Institute. The establishment of a war crimes institute was announced about 6 weeks ago on 1st. of May. The proclaimed aim of the institute is the research, documentation and publication of war crimes in Kosovo. As to Minister Kuci the concerning activities shell be conducted professionally without political influence. According to the former announcement the war crimes institute will have the status of a public agency under the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kosovo. Continue reading
Search NEWS > KOSOVO
- Kosovo Gets a Real Game, if It Can Assemble a Team - New York Times 01/03/2014Kosovo Gets a Real Game, if It Can Assemble a TeamNew York TimesThe Kosovo national soccer team will play its first FIFA-sanctioned friendly match Wednesday, against Haiti, in Mitrovica, 24 miles north of the capital, Pristina. For Salihu, who has handled the day-to-day running of Kosovo's soccer federation as its ...and more »
- Kosovo footballers draw with Haiti in Mitrovica debut - BBC News 06/03/2014BBC NewsKosovo footballers draw with Haiti in Mitrovica debutBBC NewsSix years after declaring independence, Kosovo's footballers have played their first match at international level, drawing 0-0 with Haiti in a friendly. The match, approved by football's world governing body Fifa, took place in the ethnically divided ...
- Kosovo to build its first national army - euronews 04/03/2014Kosovo to build its first national armyeuronewsIt will be built on the current lightly-armed civic response force, and the Kosovo Security Force that replaced the armed rebels that fought against the Serbs at the end of the 1990s when Kosovo gained a degree of international recognition as ...
- Kosovo Debuts With Tie - New York Times 06/03/2014The Guardian (blog)Kosovo Debuts With TieNew York TimesA sellout crowd of 18,000 in Mitrovica witnessed the international soccer debut of Kosovo's national team, a 0-0 tie with Haiti. Kosovo dominated much of the exhibition. In January, FIFA cleared its member countries to organize national and club ...Kosovo's football debut against Haiti will hav […]
- Serbia asks FIFA to ban Kosovo from friendlies - Xinhua 08/03/2014InSerbia NewsSerbia asks FIFA to ban Kosovo from friendliesXinhuaBELGRADE, March 7 (Xinhua) -- Serbian Football Association (FSS) sent Thursday an open letter to FIFA, the world football governing body, asking to re-access its decision to grant Kosovo national team to play friendly football matches, at the ...Serbia calls EU to help release Kosovo SerbsJourn […]
- We need you! Kosovo fans in banner plea to Man Utd's Adnan Januzaj ahead of ... - Express.co.uk 05/03/2014Express.co.ukWe need you! Kosovo fans in banner plea to Man Utd's Adnan Januzaj ahead of ...Express.co.ukKosovo is not currently recognised by the United Nations and therefore is not able to gain FIFA membership, although they have been granted permission to play against full FIFA members who recognise the country's independence. And while the situ […]
- European Football - Kosovo set for debut on international stage - Yahoo Eurosport UK 04/03/2014Yahoo Eurosport UKEuropean Football - Kosovo set for debut on international stageYahoo Eurosport UKKosovo make their debut on the world football stage on Wednesday when they play Haiti in the ethnically-divided town of Mitrovica, an encounter loaded with symbolism for the young Balkan country's quest for international acceptance. Reuters – 16 hours ... […]
- Office for Kosovo condemns burning of Serbian flag - B92 07/03/2014Office for Kosovo condemns burning of Serbian flagB92Office for Kosovo condemns burning of Serbian flag. Source: B92, Tanjug. KOSOVSKA MITROVICA -- The Serbian Government Office for Kosovo has condemned "in the harshest terms" the burning of the flag of Serbia in Kosovska Mitrovica, reports Tanjug.
- Kosovo To Create Own Army To 'Protect Sovereignty' - DefenseNews.com 06/03/2014Kosovo To Create Own Army To 'Protect Sovereignty'DefenseNews.comPRISTINA — Kosovo's government proposed on Thursday creating a 5,000-strong army to “protect sovereignty” of the ethnic Albanian territory, six years after it seceded from Serbia. The army would double the size of the current civil emergency Kosovo ...
- Kosovo national team cause a stir by posing with guns before first ever ... - The Independent 07/03/2014The IndependentKosovo national team cause a stir by posing with guns before first ever ...The Independent... 19-year-old winger yet to make up his mind over who he will play for. He is currently available for Kosovo, Belgium, Albania and Serbia, while if he holds out a few more years he could soon be wearing the Three Lions of England under residency grounds […]
- Kosovo Gets a Real Game, if It Can Assemble a Team - New York Times 01/03/2014
- Serb Fighters in Crimea Deserve Jail, Minister Says 07/03/2014Pro-Russian volunteers who have gone to fight in the Crimea should face penalties on their return home, a Serbian government minister said.
- Serbia ‘Tried to Eradicate Croatian Population’ 07/03/2014Serbia wanted to seize a third of Croatian land during the 1990s war and remove all Croats, Zagreb argued in its genocide case against Belgrade at the International Court of Justice.
- Kosovo President Urges Punishment of Wartime Rapists 07/03/2014Kosovo’s President Atifete Jahjaga has established a national council for the survivors of wartime sexual violence in a bid to help rape victims come forward and demand their rights.
- Serbia Asks FIFA to Scrap Kosovo Friendlies 07/03/2014Serbia's Football Association has asked FIFA to scrap a decision to allow Kosovo to play friendly matches on the grounds that a Serbian flag was torched at the match in Mitrovica.
- Rivals Battle For Third Place in Serbia Election 07/03/2014Boris Tadic and Dragan Djilas, the former and current presidents of the Democratic Party, are battling for third place in the upcoming Serbian elections.
- Montenegrins in Kosovo Seek Official Status 07/03/2014Kosovo's small Montenegrin community is seeking constitutional recognition and a share of the allocated seats for minorities in the Kosovo parliament.
- New Search for Bodies Urged at Sarajevo’s Kazani 07/03/2014Bosnia’s Missing Persons Institute wants a new exhumation at the Kazani pit in the hills above Sarajevo because more bodies could be buried where the remains of over 20 war victims have been found.
- Macedonia to Put Child Beggars Into Care 07/03/2014New law gives Macedonian social workers more authority to remove children found begging in the streets and place them in care.
- Bosnia Protesters Reject Officials' Complaints 07/03/2014While citizens are still protesting in the streets of several towns, the authorities in Sarajevo are trying to discredit them, saying they are causing a nuisance to the rest of population.
- Bosnian Serbs Request Leniency Over Prisoner Abuse 07/03/2014Two Bosnian Serb brothers convicted of abusing Bosniak prisoners near Sarajevo in 1992 asked the appeals court for lower sentences because of the “absence of fatal consequences”.
- Progressives Well-Placed to Take Belgrade 07/03/2014The capital looks set for a change at the upcoming local elections after a campaign that was dominated by questions of how to boost the economy.
- EU Court in Kosovo Confirms Limaj Indictment 07/03/2014The court of appeals in Kosovo rejected ex-minister Fatmir Limaj’s request to dismiss the indictment in the so-called MTPT case, in which he is accused of organized crime and corruption.
- Serb Fighters in Crimea Deserve Jail, Minister Says 07/03/2014
Feedburner NEWS KOSOVO
- Indictments on Organ Trading against Citizens from Turkey and Israel
- Inauguration of Kosovo War Crimes Institute
- Kosovo Liberation Day
- Kosovo PM Thaci to be investigated on Marty Report allegations
- Kosovo-Serbia Talks postponed
- Corruption at Kosovo customs and PTK
- Andorra recognized Kosovo
- Explosion in "Ferronikel" Company
We need your help !If you want to write constructive critically on any issue regarding the Republic of Kosovo, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!