PRISTINA, Kosovo — The Kosovo Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Justice Hajredin Kuci today inaugurated the Kosovo War Crimes Institute. The establishment of a war crimes institute was announced about 6 weeks ago on 1st. of May. The proclaimed aim of the institute is the research, documentation and publication of war crimes in Kosovo. As to Minister Kuci the concerning activities shell be conducted professionally without political influence. According to the former announcement the war crimes institute will have the status of a public agency under the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kosovo. Continue reading
- EU Probe Finds Crimes Against Humanity in Kosovo - Wall Street Journal 29/07/2014Wall Street JournalEU Probe Finds Crimes Against Humanity in KosovoWall Street JournalBRUSSELS—A European Union investigative team said Tuesday that it had found evidence of crimes against humanity committed by high-ranking members of the Kosovo Liberation Army during and after the war with Serbia in the late 1990s. Clint Williamson ...Senior Kosovo figures […]
- Kosovo Leaders Have Been Accused of Killing and Harvesting Organs - VICE News 30/07/2014VICE NewsKosovo Leaders Have Been Accused of Killing and Harvesting OrgansVICE NewsAmericans can learn some lessons from the findings of a special European Union prosecutor who believes Kosovo's ethnic Albanian leaders killed Serbs and others in the late 1990s in order to harvest and sell their organs. On Tuesday, Clint Williamson ...Inquiry finds […]
- Relationship between Wake Forest Law, Kosovo deepens - Triad Business Journal 31/07/2014Relationship between Wake Forest Law, Kosovo deepensTriad Business JournalRon Wright, second from left, listens to a translation as Fejzullah Hasani, far left, president of the Supreme Court for Kosovo, discusses changes to the country's justice system. Wright is a former professor and dean of academic affairs at Wake Forest ...
- Kosovo expects findings of organ stealing investigation next week - Reuters 21/07/2014Kosovo expects findings of organ stealing investigation next weekReutersIts conclusions could cause waves in Kosovo, where many in power have roots in the guerrilla Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA) that took up arms against Serbian security forces in the late 1990s and eventually won military support from NATO.and more »
- Kosovo Albanian posts a picture of him beheading a man - InSerbia News 31/07/2014InSerbia NewsKosovo Albanian posts a picture of him beheading a manInSerbia NewsMuhaxheri was one of the first Kosovo fighters who went to Syria and is considered as one of the leaders of Albanian mujahideen in Syria and Iraq. Kosovo judiciary also considers him to be in charge in Syria for recruitment of Kosovo Albanians.
- Prosecutor suspects some Kosovo war captives were killed for organs - Stars and Stripes 29/07/2014Prosecutor suspects some Kosovo war captives were killed for organsStars and StripesThe probe of 17 National Guard officers and noncommissioned officers, accused of mistreating junior troops during a peacekeeping deployment in Kosovo, is taking longer than initially expected as military legal advisers continue to investigate all the ...
- Kosovo office chief meets with liaison officer - B92 31/07/2014B92Kosovo office chief meets with liaison officerB92During the meeting in the EU Office in Priština, Serbian officials discussed "ways of unifying economic potentials and, together with representatives of interim institutions in Kosovo, invest efforts in the realization of projects of mutual interest ...
- [Photo] KFOR Multinational Multi-Helicopter formation over Kosovo - The Aviationist (blog) 31/07/2014The Aviationist (blog)[Photo] KFOR Multinational Multi-Helicopter formation over KosovoThe Aviationist (blog)Eight combat helicopters belonging to four different air arms have taken part in a multinational mission over Kosovo. And here are some interesting shots. The pictures in this article were taken on Jul. 12, by Cpt. Rory J. McCarthy, a UH-60 pilot who […]
- EU urges 'war crimes' trial of Kosovo ex-commanders - BBC News 29/07/2014BBC NewsEU urges 'war crimes' trial of Kosovo ex-commandersBBC NewsAn EU war crimes prosecutor says that some former leaders of the Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA) should face charges of crimes against humanity. Clint Williamson has spent three years investigating allegations of atrocities in the late 1990s, when Kosovo ...
- Kosovo leaders face suit for crimes against humanity: EU - Press TV 29/07/2014Kosovo leaders face suit for crimes against humanity: EUPress TVLeading political figures in Kosovo are targeted by an indictment for crimes against humanity against ethnic Serbs, Roma and fellow Kosovo Albanians during the 1998-1999 war, Clint Williamson, an EU prosecutor and American diplomat, said in a new ...
- EU Probe Finds Crimes Against Humanity in Kosovo - Wall Street Journal 29/07/2014
- Kosovo Rally Denounces Israel’s ‘Genocide’ in Gaza 01/08/2014Supporters of hardline Muslim group rally in Pristina demanding an end to killings of civilians in Gaza and attacking Israel’s ‘genocide’.
- Deputy Quits Serbian Ruling Party Over Son's Non-Job 01/08/2014The resignation letter of local deputy for Serbia's ruling Progressive party - who says he quit after it failed to deliver his son a job - raises fresh questions about the party's pledge to clean up politics.
- Albania Passes Landmark Territorial Reform 01/08/2014Parliament on Thursday passed the first administrative territorial reform in decades, slashing the number of municipalities from 380 to 61 - but minority Greeks are deeply unhappy.
- Balkan Citizens Urged to Get Out of Libya 01/08/2014Bosnia, Croatia, Macedonia and Serbia have called on their nationals to evacuate from Libya as violence among militia groups worsens in the conflict-ridden country.
- Croats Deport Macedonian Who Poked Rare Seal 01/08/2014A man who prodded a rare seal on a beach near the Pula in the Adriatic has been fined - and deported after it was discovered he was in the country illegally.
- Croatian Company Hopes Giraffe Will Take it Higher 01/08/2014A private company’s plans to install a pet giraffe on the premises - to raise its public profile - has drawn as cool response from Zagreb zoo.
- Montenegro's First Domestic Film in Years to Premiere 01/08/2014The first Montenegrin film made in a decade is scheduled for release on Monday at the film festival in the resort of Herceg Novi.
- New Macedonia Lustration Commission Resumes Collaborator Probe 01/08/2014Macedonia’s parliament elected a new team to run the controversial state office for rooting out former secret police collaborators which will check 20,000 people’s files over the next four-and-a-half years.
- Romania's Profit From EU Membership Revealed 01/08/2014Romania's balance sheet with the EU shows that it has received far more cash from the 28-member club than it has given, a new Finance Ministry report says.
- Serbia to Play Football with pro-Russian Rebels 01/08/2014A Novi Sad football club is to play a friendly match with players from the self-styled Luhansk People's Republic in Ukraine.
- Greece Arrests Croatian Serb for War Crimes 01/08/2014Greek officers detained Serb former prison guard Djuka Bogunovic after Croatia issued a warrant for his arrest on war crimes charges, accusing him of torturing a policeman.
- Kosovo Wins Public Support for War Rape Report 31/07/2014A total of 115,759 people in Kosovo have signed a petition urging the United Nations to produce a report about rapes committed during the late 1990s conflict.
- Tycoon Beko to Get Serbia Railways Back on Track 31/07/2014In a bid to revive Serbia's indebted railways, Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic has asked the tycoon Milan Beko to head the state-owned company - in spite of his perceived role in earlier controversial privatisation deals.
- Ukraine’s ‘Tribe’ Wins Out at Motovun Festival 31/07/2014Disturbing movie about gang life in a school for the deaf in Kiev comes out a winner at Croatian movie festival.
- Jihadist's Gruesome Beheading Photos Shock Kosovo 31/07/2014Photographs posted by a Kosovo Albanian jihadist of him allegedly beheading a young soldier in Syria have sparked outrage in Kosovo and Albania.
- Kosovo Rally Denounces Israel’s ‘Genocide’ in Gaza 01/08/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO