PRISTINA, Kosovo — The Kosovo Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Justice Hajredin Kuci today inaugurated the Kosovo War Crimes Institute. The establishment of a war crimes institute was announced about 6 weeks ago on 1st. of May. The proclaimed aim of the institute is the research, documentation and publication of war crimes in Kosovo. As to Minister Kuci the concerning activities shell be conducted professionally without political influence. According to the former announcement the war crimes institute will have the status of a public agency under the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kosovo. Continue reading
- Operation Stonewall helps train regional police in Kosovo - DVIDS 02/09/2014Operation Stonewall helps train regional police in KosovoDVIDSPolish soldiers from Multinational Battle Group-East form a wall during Operation Stonewall in Ferizaj, Kosovo Aug. 27-29. MNBG-E forces participated in the event as third responders, evaluators, safeties and even the rioters. (Photo by Sgt. 1st Class ...
- There Is A Store In Kosovo Dedicated To Hillary Clinton's Pantsuits, Which Is ... - Huffington Post 02/09/2014There Is A Store In Kosovo Dedicated To Hillary Clinton's Pantsuits, Which Is ...Huffington PostNamely, her now famous affection for pantsuits. Of course, The Clintons have an extensive history in Kosovo, dating back to the role they played in ending war in the region during the '90s, but a store devoted to Hillary proves their devotion knows no .. […]
- Organ Trafficking in Kosovo: Yusuf Sonmez found in the Netherlands - InSerbia News 02/09/2014InSerbia NewsOrgan Trafficking in Kosovo: Yusuf Sonmez found in the NetherlandsInSerbia NewsJonathan Ratel, EULEX prosecutor, asked Interpol to issue a red warrant for the Turkish doctor, who has so far avoided extradition to Kosovo authorities. Sonmez was the leading defendant in the case of illegal kidney transplants in “Medicus” clinic ...EUROPE > Koso […]
- The Hidden Growth of Islamic Extremism in Kosovo - New Eastern Europe 22/08/2014The EconomistThe Hidden Growth of Islamic Extremism in KosovoNew Eastern EuropeKosova independence Vienna 17-02-2008 b The recent arrest of 40 alleged Islamic radicals in Kosovo together with the arrest of one of the Kosovo Imams suspected of being an inspirer of jihad in the region brought serious questions about the ...Holy warriorsThe Economist (blog)Turk […]
- KFOR announces more patrols in Kosovo - InSerbia News 01/09/2014InSerbia NewsKFOR announces more patrols in KosovoInSerbia NewsSindjelic, 30, a member of the Serbian Gendarmerie from the Kraljevo detachment, was killed in the armed attack by several ethnic Albanians from Kosovo-Metohija (KiM) which took place on August 28, not far from the Merdare crossing at the ...
- UNSC backs war crimes court for Kosovo - B92 01/09/2014B92UNSC backs war crimes court for KosovoB92Serbian Foreign Minister Ivica Dačić said that Serbia expects a special court to be set up as soon as possible, by the beginning of the next year at the latest, before which indictments will be raised against leaders of the Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA) ...
- Discovery: A Clothing Shop Inspired by Hillary Clinton in Kosovo (of All Places) - Yahoo Travel 27/08/2014Yahoo TravelDiscovery: A Clothing Shop Inspired by Hillary Clinton in Kosovo (of All Places)Yahoo TravelDrive down Bill Clinton Boulevard in Pristina, Kosovo's capital, and you would be hard-pressed to miss the gleaming, 10-foot-tall statue of the former president of the United States waving. It's an impressive monument to honor Clinton for his hel […]
- Kosovo: citing recent unrest, UN envoy urges close vigilance to safeguard ... - UN News Centre 29/08/2014UN News CentreKosovo: citing recent unrest, UN envoy urges close vigilance to safeguard ...UN News Centre29 August 2014 – The United Nations envoy for Kosovo today said that while great strides have been made since last year toward normalisation of relations between Belgrade and Pristina, close vigilance remains essential to safeguard achievements and ...
- Kosovo: The Hidden Growth of Islamic Extremism - Center for Research on Globalization 24/08/2014Osservatorio Balcani e CaucasoKosovo: The Hidden Growth of Islamic ExtremismCenter for Research on GlobalizationThe recent arrest of 40 alleged Islamic radicals in Kosovo together with the arrest of one of the Kosovo Imams suspected of being an inspirer of jihad in the region brought serious questions about the radicalisation of Islam and terrorism in Kosovo […]
- A Kosovo Mother's Plea: 'Bring My Boy Back' -- From Syria - RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty 01/09/2014A Kosovo Mother's Plea: 'Bring My Boy Back' -- From SyriaRadioFreeEurope/RadioLibertyPRISTINA -- Pranvera Abazi thought that her husband, Arben, and 8-year-old son, Erion, were going on a weekend trip to Rugova, a popular gorge in Kosovo. But three days after they left the family's house in Pristina on July 7, she received an alarming ... […]
- Operation Stonewall helps train regional police in Kosovo - DVIDS 02/09/2014
- Croatian Serb Leader Denies Arming Paramilitaries 02/09/2014Goran Hadzic told his war crimes trial that Belgrade had full control over territory seized in Croatia during the 1991-95 war, and local Serbs had no power over paramilitary fighters and militias.
- Bosnian Serb Fighter Demands Visegrad Killings Acquittal 02/09/2014The lawyer for Milos Pantelic, accused of killings, persecution and other wartime crimes in Visegrad area in 1992, said that the prosecution’s witnesses were contradictory and unreliable.
- Macedonia PM ‘Emotionally Hurt’ by Bribe Claims 02/09/2014Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski told a court in Skopje on Tuesday he had suffered emotional pain after the opposition leader accused him of taking bribes to expedite the illegal sale of a bank.
- Albania to Issue New Passports to Citizens Born Abroad 02/09/2014The Albanian government will issue tens of thousands of new passports to citizens abroad following a row with Greece over the language of place names in their documents.
- Serbia Locates Alleged Organ Trafficking Doctor 02/09/2014The Serbian authorities say that doctor Yusuf Sonmez, who is accused by the EU rule-of-law of mission in Kosovo of people trafficking and organised crime, has been located in Amsterdam.
- Chinese Arrest Belgrade Hit-and-Run Suspect 02/09/2014Serbia's Interior Minister said the man suspected of killing a 21-year-old in a hit-and-run incident in Belgrade had been arrested in China and would be extradited to Serbia.
- Romanian Leader Woos Investors in China 02/09/2014Prime Minister Victor Ponta started an official visit to China on Monday aimed at attracting new investment to the cash-strapped Balkan country.
- French Ambassador Leaves Bosnia by Bike 02/09/2014With his unusual decision to cycle back to France, departing ambassador Roland Gilles sent a message about breaking down barriers in communities to the divided country.
- Islamic Jihadists Transiting Croatia, Report Warns 02/09/2014Members of radical Islamic groups are crossing Croatian territory to fight in Iraq and Syria, a report by Croatia's Security and Intelligence Agency, the SOA, said.
- 'Trial' Dashes Hope of End to Balkan Church Feud 02/09/2014The Serbian Orthodox Church decision to 'try' the head of the Macedonian Orthodox Church as a secessionist has dampened hopes of an end to the dispute between the two churches.
- Montenegro Teachers' Union Calls Strike 02/09/2014After failing to strike a deal with the government over a pay rise and additional benefits last week, the education workers’ trade union is set to hold a brief strike.
- Bosniak Policeman Denies Abusing Serb Civilians 02/09/2014Former policeman Hajrudin Dedic, accused of detaining and beating Serb civilians in Breza in 1992, said that he knew nothing about the crimes before the investigation started.
- Goran Hadzic Denies Controlling Paramilitary Arkan 01/09/2014Former Croatian Serb leader Goran Hadzic resumed his war crimes defence at the Hague Tribunal, distancing himself from Serb paramilitaries fighting in Croatia and from Slobodan Milosevic.
- Serbian Province Launches Sex Education Classes 01/09/2014High school students in the Serbian province of Vojvodina now have the option to take sexual education courses after surveys showed that many pupils knew little about reproductive health.
- Hundreds of Bosnian Pupils Fail to Start School 01/09/2014Unresolved rows over school curriculums and unrepaired damage to buildings after major floods in May meant that hundreds of pupils missed the first day of the new school year.
- Croatian Serb Leader Denies Arming Paramilitaries 02/09/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO