PRISTINA, Kosovo — The Kosovo Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Justice Hajredin Kuci today inaugurated the Kosovo War Crimes Institute. The establishment of a war crimes institute was announced about 6 weeks ago on 1st. of May. The proclaimed aim of the institute is the research, documentation and publication of war crimes in Kosovo. As to Minister Kuci the concerning activities shell be conducted professionally without political influence. According to the former announcement the war crimes institute will have the status of a public agency under the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kosovo. Continue reading
- The Hidden Growth of Islamic Extremism in Kosovo - New Eastern Europe 22/08/2014The EconomistThe Hidden Growth of Islamic Extremism in KosovoNew Eastern EuropeKosova independence Vienna 17-02-2008 b The recent arrest of 40 alleged Islamic radicals in Kosovo together with the arrest of one of the Kosovo Imams suspected of being an inspirer of jihad in the region brought serious questions about the ...Turkey's bank in Kosovo owned by […]
- In Muslim Kosovo, Lingering Jews Stake Claim To Country's Past — And Future - Jewish Daily Forward 23/08/2014Jewish Daily ForwardIn Muslim Kosovo, Lingering Jews Stake Claim To Country's Past — And FutureJewish Daily Forward(JTA) — Boxing Club Prishtina is a squat building on a narrow street around the corner from the parliament in the heart of Kosovo's capital city. Around the corner, a popular Italian restaurant draws the young Western Europeans and Ame […]
- In Muslim Kosovo, a Jewish claim to nation's past and future - The Times of Israel 22/08/2014The Times of IsraelIn Muslim Kosovo, a Jewish claim to nation's past and futureThe Times of IsraelPRISTINA, Kosovo (JTA) – Boxing Club Prishtina is a squat building on a narrow street around the corner from the parliament in the heart of Kosovo's capital city. Around the corner, a popular Italian restaurant draws the young Western Europeans and ... […]
- Pushing the Boundaries of Digital Diplomacy in Kosovo - Wired 18/08/2014WiredPushing the Boundaries of Digital Diplomacy in KosovoWiredThe camps served a dual purpose for Kosovo's government, bolstering favorable content and seeding a crop of web-savvy young programmers. Camp graduates have gone on to develop apps centered around street fashion, tourism guides, and language ...and more »
- Kosovo and Ukraine: Compare and contrast - RT (blog) 20/08/2014RT (blog)Kosovo and Ukraine: Compare and contrastRT (blog)Taking their cue from Tony Blair and Co., the media played their part in hyping up what was going on in Kosovo. Herman and Peterson found that newspapers used the word 'genocide' to describe Yugoslav actions in Kosovo 323 times compared to just 13 ...
- JBER-Based Units Tapped for Kosovo Peacekeeping Tour - KTUU.com 18/08/2014KTUU.comJBER-Based Units Tapped for Kosovo Peacekeeping TourKTUU.comAccording to a U.S. Army Alaska statement, members of the 4th Brigade Combat Team (Airborne), 25th Infantry Division will join the NATO-led Kosovo Force's Multinational Battle Group-East, alongside troops from Poland, Ukraine, Armenia, Slovenia, ...Ukrainian peacekeepers to pull out of […]
- Dokufest - a documentary film festival putting Kosovo on cultural map - Reuters 21/08/2014ReutersDokufest - a documentary film festival putting Kosovo on cultural mapReutersFor 15 years this tiny, landlocked country has struggled to shake the image of a war-torn, crime-ridden nation, best known in the West as the venue for NATO's 1999 war against Serbia to save Kosovo's ethnic Albanians from massacre and expulsion.Kosova: Using Music fo […]
- War crimes in Kosovo - The Economist 07/08/2014B92War crimes in KosovoThe EconomistTHIS is Kosovo's holiday-and-wedding season, but some in the small Balkan state don't feel much like celebrating this year. On July 29th Clint Williamson, an American prosecutor leading a special European Union task-force investigating war crimes, came ...UNSC to hold session on Kosovo on Aug 25B92EU asks Serbia […]
- Kidnappers of Serb journalists in Kosovo still not found - InSerbia News 21/08/2014InSerbia NewsKidnappers of Serb journalists in Kosovo still not foundInSerbia NewsBELGRADE – Ahead of another anniversary of the kidnapping of two Serb journalists near Orahovac, Kosovo-Metohija, on August 21, 1998, the Serbian government Office for Kosovo-Metohija has warned that the kidnappers of Radio Pristina's Djuro Slavuj ...and more »
- EU Probe Finds Crimes Against Humanity in Kosovo - Wall Street Journal 29/07/2014Wall Street JournalEU Probe Finds Crimes Against Humanity in KosovoWall Street JournalBRUSSELS—A European Union investigative team said Tuesday that it had found evidence of crimes against humanity committed by high-ranking members of the Kosovo Liberation Army during and after the war with Serbia in the late 1990s. Clint Williamson ...Prosecutor: 'Comp […]
- The Hidden Growth of Islamic Extremism in Kosovo - New Eastern Europe 22/08/2014
- Kotor Night Festival Draws Crowds to Montenegro 23/08/2014The ancient Adriatic town of Kotor will be celebrating this Saturday with with fireworks, parties and its traditional parade of decorated boats and barges.
- Kosovo Faces Polls as Court Scraps Speaker’s Election 22/08/2014An extraordinary general election may be on the cards after the Constitutional Court annulled the election of an opposition speaker.
- Bosnian Genocide Convicts Appeal ‘Unjust’ Sentences 22/08/2014Six Bosnian Serbs convicted of the genocide of Bosniaks from Srebrenica in 1995 are appealing against their 20-year prison sentences, arguing that they are too harsh.
- Serbia Won’t Exploit Russian Embargo, PM Says 22/08/2014Serbia will not try to make use of the Kremlin embargo on EU goods to boost exports to Russia, Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic assured on Friday in Belgrade.
- Croatia Cuts Income Tax to Stimulate Spending 22/08/2014Croatia plans income tax breaks in the hope that middle income earners will spend more cash, raising consumption and creating jobs.
- Serbian Probe Finds Flaws in Megatrend University 22/08/2014The body that accredits educational establishments in Serbia said it had uncovered problems at the privately-run university that has been hit by a plagiarism row.
- Montenegro Talks Tough on Rights of Disabled 22/08/2014Montenegro's government plans to toughen the law on discrimination against persons with disabilities and secure their complete access to public areas.
- Croatian Website Slated for Airing Execution Video 22/08/2014A Croatian website faces potential penalties for airing in full the gruesome video of the beheading of the American journalist James Foley.
- Bosnia Federation Eyes 2015 Start to Oil Digs 22/08/2014Bosnia's Federation Energy Ministry says he expects digs for oil in the entity to start next year - amid hopes that significant findings could revive the economically stagnant country.
- Romanian Ex-PM Nastase Freed Again 22/08/2014Former Prime Minister Adrian Nastase has ended his second jail term for corruption early, after serving only seven months of a four-year sentence.
- Summer on the Beach in Belgrade 22/08/2014For a city that’s nowhere near the coast, Belgrade has some surprisingly good beaches - so pack up your towel and sun cream and explore the options.
- Bosnian Croat Fighter ‘Knifed Bosniak Captive’ 22/08/2014A prosecution witness testified that ex-fighter Nikola Maric, who is on trial for the detention, persecution and killing of Bosniaks in the Prozor area, stabbed and beat him.
- Serbian Competition Commission Probes B92 Sale 21/08/2014Four years after the controversial sale of the station, the Commission for Protection of Competition says it needs to determine whether laws on competition and media concentration were broken.
- Bosnians Commemorate Mountain Massacre Victims 21/08/2014Survivors of the Koricani Cliffs massacre marked the anniversary of the execution of more than 150 Bosniak and Croat civilian prisoners from Prijedor at Mount Vlasic in August 1992.
- South Stream Gas Pipes ‘Still Arriving’ in Bulgaria 21/08/2014Bulgaria faces questions about whether it has honoured a pledge to suspend work on the Russian-led gas pipeline.
- Kotor Night Festival Draws Crowds to Montenegro 23/08/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO