PRISTINA, Kosovo — The Kosovo Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Justice Hajredin Kuci today inaugurated the Kosovo War Crimes Institute. The establishment of a war crimes institute was announced about 6 weeks ago on 1st. of May. The proclaimed aim of the institute is the research, documentation and publication of war crimes in Kosovo. As to Minister Kuci the concerning activities shell be conducted professionally without political influence. According to the former announcement the war crimes institute will have the status of a public agency under the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kosovo. Continue reading
Search NEWS > KOSOVO
- Journalists report attacks amid Kosovo elections - Scoop.co.nz (press release) 11/12/2013Journalists report attacks amid Kosovo electionsScoop.co.nz (press release)According to the Association of Journalists of Serbia (UNS) and the Association of Journalists of Kosovo-Metohija (DNKiM), the security guard, which the groups identified as Vladan Aksic, allegedly hit TV Puls cameraman Nenad Stankovic in front of the ...
- Office for Kosovo condemns incident in village - B92 11/12/2013Office for Kosovo condemns incident in villageB92"The Office for Kosovo and Metohija is urging the relevant bodies and international community to react and put an end to attacks on Serbs and their property in Kosovo and Metohija. We are requesting that the perpetrators of the attacks on the Obradović ...
- Kosovo Press Review – December 11, 2013 - Balkan Insight 11/12/2013Kosovo Press Review – December 11, 2013Balkan InsightThe director of a Croatian company which won a seven million euro tender from the EU in Kosovo is under investigation in Croatia, Zeri writes. According to the newspaper, the director was arrested by Croatian authorities for allegedly signing ...
- You can and you will coexist with Kosovo administered by Pristina – Kirby - InSerbia News 11/12/2013InSerbia NewsYou can and you will coexist with Kosovo administered by Pristina – KirbyInSerbia NewsYou can and you will coexist with Kosovo administered by Pristina, and it will help to move forward, to boost the economy, the legal system, no matter if you enter the EU or not,” Kirby said in an interview for “Novi Nedeljnik”. The U.S. Ambassador ...Bulgaria […]
- Kosovo's Digital Diplomats - Foreign Policy (blog) 06/12/2013Kosovo's Digital DiplomatsForeign Policy (blog)There's certainly plenty for Kosovo to fight for. Five years after unilaterally declaring independence from Serbia and being recognized by 106 U.N. members, Kosovo is still struggling for acceptance by the likes of Russia, China, India, and many other ...
- Kosovo is an independent state, according to RTS map - InSerbia News 11/12/2013InSerbia NewsKosovo is an independent state, according to RTS mapInSerbia NewsBELGRADE – In “Dnevnik 2″, prime time daily news TV program on Radio Television of Serbia (RTS), that was broadcast on Monday night, during “South Eastern Europe out of recession” story, a map of Serbia without Kosovo was presented to the viewers.and more »
- PHCC student who escaped from Kosovo will speak at graduation - Tampabay.com 10/12/2013Tampabay.comPHCC student who escaped from Kosovo will speak at graduationTampabay.comSPRING HILL — Veton Krasniqi was 5 years old when he and his family fled their home in Kosovo amid the growing ethnic conflict that engulfed the region in the late 1990s. Just a day after they escaped, their house outside the capital city of Pristina ...and more »
- 504th Battlefield Surveillance Brigade to deploy to Kosovo - DVIDS 10/12/2013504th Battlefield Surveillance Brigade to deploy to KosovoDVIDSFORT HOOD, Texas - III Corps announced Dec. 10 that a battalion-plus sized task force from the 504th Battlefield Surveillance Brigade will deploy about 500 soldiers to Kosovo early next year to assume the Multinational Battle Group-East's mission as ...Fort Hood unit to deploy to Kosovo in 2 […]
- Kosovo's cinemas reopen with Kaplanoglu's Bal - www.worldbulletin.net 10/12/2013www.worldbulletin.netKosovo's cinemas reopen with Kaplanoglu's Balwww.worldbulletin.netSemih Kaplanoglu's award-winning film 'Bal', a successful example of the rising Turkish movie sector, reopened the cinemas in Kosovo's capital city Prizren, which have been closed since 1998. Bal, which was awarded the Golden Bear award in the […]
- Kosovo Press Review- December 10, 2013 - Balkan Insight 10/12/2013Kosovo Press Review- December 10, 2013Balkan InsightThe Croatian company 'Zagorje Tehno Beton' has won a tender by the European Commission worth seven million euro, but has not completed work on the ground, Zeri writes. The Kosovo daily underlines works on building new schools and sports arenas in ...Kosovo Deputy PM: Mayors of Serb-majority munici […]
- Journalists report attacks amid Kosovo elections - Scoop.co.nz (press release) 11/12/2013
- Kurir Hails Purchase of Adria Media Serbia 11/12/2013Finnish media group Sanoma Oyj has withdrawn from Serbia, selling Adria Media Serbia to Kurir-info, a company known for the tabloid paper of the same name.
- Sijekovac Killings ‘Happened Before Bosnian War Started’ 11/12/2013At the trial of Bosnian ex-fighter Zemir Kovacevic for war crimes in Sijekovac in March 1992, the defence’s military expert argued that the killings actually took place before the conflict properly began.
- Serbia Searches for Kosovo War Mass Grave 11/12/2013A search for a suspected mass grave near the town of Raska has begun after witnesses testified that Albanians killed by Serbian forces in the Kosovo war could be buried there.
- Bosnian Prosecutor Probes Blame for Lost EU Funds 11/12/2013The State Prosecutor is probing who was responsible for Bosnia's failure to implement the Sejdic-Finci ruling, after the EU withdrew 45 million euro in assistance as a result.
- Nikolic Briefs Obama at Mandela Memorial 11/12/2013Serbia's President has made use of the funeral ceremonies held in honour of former South African president Nelson Mandela to rub shoulders with Barack Obama.
- Romania Axes Heads of Troubled State TV 11/12/2013Parliament has forced out the board of the state-owned TVR, soon after the manager resigned.
- Fado Legend Returns to Belgrade 11/12/2013Mariza, the singer famous for blending traditional Portuguese fado and modern music, will perform in the Sava Centre on December 12th.
- Support in Montenegro for NATO Increases 11/12/2013Some 38 per cent of the population in Montenegro now back membership of NATO, 6 per cent more than in March - but 45 per cent are still against, according to a new poll.
- Romania Parliament Deals New Blow to Gold Mine 11/12/2013Romania’s lower house of parliament failed to adopt a controversial mining law, presenting a new set back to the Canadian company seeking to exploit gold in Transylvania.
- Bosnia Presidency Chair Slates 'Illegal' IMF Deal 11/12/2013The chair of the Bosnian Presidency, Zeljko Komsic, said he would ask the Constitutional Court to rule on what he called 'illegal and unconstitutional' agreements with the IMF.
- Macedonia Helsinki Committee Raises Rights Concerns 11/12/2013Marking International Human Rights Day, Macedonia’s Helsinki Committee says problems concerning respect for human rights have continued, and in some cases have worsened.
- Accused Bosnian Soldier Dzeko: ‘I’m No Murderer’ 11/12/2013Former Bosnian Army serviceman Edin Dzeko told his own trial that witnesses who said he took part in the execution of several Croats in the village of Trusina near Konjic in 1993 were lying.
- Kurir Hails Purchase of Adria Media Serbia 11/12/2013
Feedburner NEWS KOSOVO
- Indictments on Organ Trading against Citizens from Turkey and Israel
- Inauguration of Kosovo War Crimes Institute
- Kosovo Liberation Day
- Kosovo PM Thaci to be investigated on Marty Report allegations
- Kosovo-Serbia Talks postponed
- Corruption at Kosovo customs and PTK
- Andorra recognized Kosovo
- Explosion in "Ferronikel" Company
We need your help !If you want to write constructive critically on any issue regarding the Republic of Kosovo, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!