PRISTINA, Kosovo — The Kosovo Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Justice Hajredin Kuci today inaugurated the Kosovo War Crimes Institute. The establishment of a war crimes institute was announced about 6 weeks ago on 1st. of May. The proclaimed aim of the institute is the research, documentation and publication of war crimes in Kosovo. As to Minister Kuci the concerning activities shell be conducted professionally without political influence. According to the former announcement the war crimes institute will have the status of a public agency under the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kosovo. Continue reading
- Kosovo selects its first Oscar contender - Charlotte Observer 02/10/2014Kosovo selects its first Oscar contenderCharlotte ObserverBasri Shala stands on a bridge on a film set during the filming of the movie "Three Windows and a Hanging" near the village of Mirena, Kosovo on Sept. 6, 2013. The movie, a harrowing tale about a village forced to come to terms with the raping of women ...and more »
- Kosovo is fully behind America's fight against Isis - The Guardian 30/09/2014The GuardianKosovo is fully behind America's fight against IsisThe GuardianFifteen years ago, leading democratic states of the world intervened against the Serbian forces of the dictator Slobodan Milosevic to stop him in his attempts to eradicate Kosovo Albanians and other minorities from their ancestral homeland. In the ...
- Leave Kosovo out of this radical Islamism - Today's Zaman 01/10/2014ReutersLeave Kosovo out of this radical IslamismToday's ZamanI don't like to talk about Kosovo in the context of "political Islamism." The beautiful country doesn't deserve this. Actually, Kosovo is not inching toward political Islamism, despite concerted efforts from political Islamists. Unfortunately, Turkey's ...Indebted to A […]
- Kosovo Citizens Who Fight For Islamic State Are Serious Issue - InSerbia News 02/10/2014InSerbia NewsKosovo Citizens Who Fight For Islamic State Are Serious IssueInSerbia NewsAt the same time, the organisations that funded terrorism have been shut down or are under investigation, he stated. There is no accurate information about hte number of people from Kosovo currently among the ranks of the Islamic State of Iraq and ...People from Kosovo who […]
- Indebted to America, Kosovo struggles to curb militant recruits - Daily Times 01/10/2014Indebted to America, Kosovo struggles to curb militant recruitsDaily TimesKACANIK: Born in Germany, Blerim Heta moved to his parents' native Kosovo as a 10-year-old boy in the wake of a NATO air war in 1999 to save the territory's ethnic Albanians from Serbian repression. They settled in Urosevac, where U.S. soldiers ...
- Alaska paratroopers are headed to Kosovo for peacekeeping mission - Alaska Dispatch 20/09/2014Alaska paratroopers are headed to Kosovo for peacekeeping missionAlaska DispatchAbout 350 paratroopers with the 1-40th Cavalry Squadron, 4th Brigade Combat Team (Airborne), 25th Infantry Division are leaving for Kosovo later this month to join the NATO-led Kosovo Force in ongoing peacekeeping operations. Kosovo declared ...and more »
- Kosovo president: Europe can't be 'corridor' for Islamic terror groups - Fox News 23/09/2014Fox NewsKosovo president: Europe can't be 'corridor' for Islamic terror groupsFox NewsThe possibility of ISIS terrorists from Europe returning home after training and fighting with the terror group in Syria is raising concern among European leaders. Atifete Jahjaga, president of the Republic of Kosovo, told FoxNews.com her country is ...
- Kosovo 'imams held' in raids on Islamic State recruitment - BBC News 17/09/2014BBC NewsKosovo 'imams held' in raids on Islamic State recruitmentBBC NewsFifteen people have been detained in Kosovo in an operation aimed at tackling recruitment of fighters for Islamic State (IS) in Syria and Iraq. Among them are several imams, including the head of Pristina's Grand Mosque, Shefqet Krasniqi, local reports ...Kosovo Arrests S […]
- Shepherding in the new Kosovo - BBC News 04/09/2014Shepherding in the new KosovoBBC NewsThe houses were all empty. As our car rattled around increasingly vertiginous turns through southern Kosovo's Šar Mountains, our driver pointed out nearby villages, each a haphazard cluster of homes dotting the golden-brown heath. None, he said, had ...
- UPSHIFT Social Impact Kosovo, coming up in October - Digjitale 01/10/2014DigjitaleUPSHIFT Social Impact Kosovo, coming up in OctoberDigjitaleJoshua Harvey, UNICEF Innovations Lab manager emphasize that: “UPSHIFT Social Impact Workshop is a new model that will be implemented in Kosovo which is designed by international experts and Lab's stuff especially for youth. Moreover, Harvey ...
- Kosovo selects its first Oscar contender - Charlotte Observer 02/10/2014
- Croatian 'Jihadist Bride' Wounded in Syria Air Strike 02/10/2014The wounding of a Croatian woman in Syria - who converted to Islam in Britain and went to the war zone with her husband - has raised questions about how many people are traveling from, or through, Croatia to the Middle East.
- Albania Raises Taxes on Cigarettes 02/10/2014Albania's cash-strapped government raised the duties on cigarettes on Wednesday, arguing that the measure was necessary to protect public health.
- Two Kosovo Serbs Cleared of Wartime Rape Charges 02/10/2014The supreme court in Pristina acquitted two Kosovo Serbs who were charged with raping a 16-year-old ethnic Albanian girl during the war in April 1999.
- Kosovo Stays in Limbo as Assembly is Postponed 02/10/2014Kosovo' political stalemate looks set to continue after the constituent session of the new parliament was postponed.
- Romania to Speed Up Highway Construction 02/10/2014After years of stopping and starting when it comes to building motorways, Romania has set itself a target of building 656km of new highway over the next 15 years.
- Karadzic ‘Knew Nothing’ About Srebrenica Massacres 02/10/2014In closing arguments at Radovan Karadzic’s trial, his lawyer said the Bosnian Serb ex-leader didn’t order or know anything about the killings of 7,000 Muslims so wasn’t guilty of genocide.
- Longer Detention of Bosnia Terror Suspects Sought 02/10/2014A prosecutor in Bosnia has demanded two months extra detention for alleged recruiters of jihadist fighters in Syria and Iraq.
- Blasts Flatten Munitions Plant in Bulgaria 02/10/2014A series of blasts at the Gorni Lom munitions plant in Bulgaria on Wednesday almost levelled the site - and have caused an unknown number of casualties.
- Islamist Fighters Seize Croatian Oil Field in Syria 02/10/2014Two oil and gas fields in Syria owned by the Croatian energy company INA have been occupied by Islamic State fighters.
- Kosovo Leads Balkans in Internet Addiction 02/10/2014Kosovars are the keenest internet users in the Balkans, in national percentage terms, a global survey of internet and Facebook penetration shows.
- Romanians Still Beating Children, UN Says 02/10/2014Domestic violence against children remains a problem in Romania, a report by UNICF says.
- FBI Urged to Oversee Macedonia ‘Terrorism’ Case 02/10/2014Macedonia’s main ethnic Albanian political party urged the US Federal Bureau of Investigation to oversee a possible new probe of the terrorism convictions of six Albanians which sparked ethnic unrest.
- Croatia Commemorates 1991 Attack on Dubrovnik 02/10/2014Wreaths were laid in the coastal city to commemorate the 23rd anniversary of the attack by the Yugoslav People’s Army and Montenegrin Territorial Defence forces which began an eight-month siege.
- Albania Rights Groups Hail New New FOI Law 01/10/2014The new and improved law on freedom of information passed recently by Albania’s parliament should greatly improve people's access to official data, experts say.
- Kosovo Political Crisis Delays New War Crimes Court 01/10/2014While Kosovo remains without a government, the new special court to try Kosovo Liberation Army war crimes suspects cannot start work as planned in January, BIRN has learned.
- Croatian 'Jihadist Bride' Wounded in Syria Air Strike 02/10/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO