PRISTINA, Kosovo — The Kosovo Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Justice Hajredin Kuci today inaugurated the Kosovo War Crimes Institute. The establishment of a war crimes institute was announced about 6 weeks ago on 1st. of May. The proclaimed aim of the institute is the research, documentation and publication of war crimes in Kosovo. As to Minister Kuci the concerning activities shell be conducted professionally without political influence. According to the former announcement the war crimes institute will have the status of a public agency under the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kosovo. Continue reading
- Once Ignored, Kosovo Exits Sports Limbo - New York Times 16/12/2014New York TimesOnce Ignored, Kosovo Exits Sports LimboNew York TimesPEJA, Kosovo — Up a steep hill on a narrow, unlit road in this town near the Montenegrin border, the Toni Kuka Judo School was filled with the smell of sweat, smoke and winter. Inside, 26 judo practitioners, or judokas, dressed in blue or white ...
- Kosovo's Thaci: EU's Mogherini Needed for Serbia Talks to Succeed - Wall Street Journal (blog) 18/12/2014Wall Street Journal (blog)Kosovo's Thaci: EU's Mogherini Needed for Serbia Talks to SucceedWall Street Journal (blog)Federica Mogherini, the European Union's foreign-policy chief, must stay directly involved in talks between Kosovo and Serbia if the dialogue is to succeed, Hashim Thaci, the country's foreign minister, said Thursday. To lo […]
- Hungary becomes new hot spot into Western Europe for migrants from Kosovo ... - Fox News 19/12/2014Fox NewsHungary becomes new hot spot into Western Europe for migrants from Kosovo ...Fox NewsComing from as far away as Afghanistan and Syria and as near as Kosovo and Albania, thousands of irregular migrants a week are crossing into Hungary and requesting asylum, turning the country into a new hot spot in a transit route into the EU.and more »
- Kosovo, Serbia ready to resume EU talks - Journal of Turkish Weekly 20/12/2014B92Kosovo, Serbia ready to resume EU talksJournal of Turkish WeeklyAfter months of delay, Kosovo and Serbia are willing to continue the EU-mediated dialogue early next year in Brussels. The Serbian government stated on December 19 that it is ready to resume EU-led talks on the normalisation of relations with Kosovo in ...Belgrade "ready to continue Koso […]
- Kosovo: Members of Drenica Group released pending trial - InSerbia News 20/12/2014InSerbia NewsKosovo: Members of Drenica Group released pending trialInSerbia NewsPRISTINA – Members of the Drenica Group who are charged with war crimes committed against civilians in the prison camp of former (ethnic Albanian paramilitary unit) Kosovo Liberation Army in 1998 have been released pending trial, Pristina media ...
- 'IOC accepted Kosovo under unclear criteria' - InSerbia News 20/12/2014InSerbia News'IOC accepted Kosovo under unclear criteria'InSerbia NewsThe IOC granted full recognition to Kosovo at a session in Monaco on December 9, which makes it possible for athletes from Kosovo to compete at the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro in 2016. The IOC made the decision based on unclear criteria, Udovicic ...
- Kosovo: Set Up Special Court - Human Rights Watch 16/12/2014Kosovo: Set Up Special CourtHuman Rights Watch(Brussels) – Kosovo's newly formed parliament should promptly enact the legislative and constitutional changes required for the special court on post-war atrocity crimes to function, Human Rights Watch said today. Kosovo held parliamentary elections on ...EU urged to widen Kosovo mission graft probeJournal o […]
- IOC grants full Olympic recognition to Kosovo - USA TODAY 09/12/2014USA TODAYIOC grants full Olympic recognition to KosovoUSA TODAYMONACO (AP) — Athletes from Kosovo will be able to compete at the 2016 Summer Games after being granted full recognition on Tuesday by the International Olympic Committee. The full IOC formally ratified a decision made in October by the executive ...Kosovo to compete in Olympics at Rio 2016 after […]
- Parliament Approves New Govt in Kosovo - ABC News 09/12/2014Deutsche WelleParliament Approves New Govt in KosovoABC NewsLegislators approved a new coalition government in Kosovo on Tuesday, including the first prime minister who was not involved with the insurgents who fought for the territory's independence from Serbia. A general election was held in Kosovo June 8, but ...Kosovo chooses new government after six […]
- Letter from Kosovo: disarray in the heart of the Balkans - New Statesman 27/11/2014New StatesmanLetter from Kosovo: disarray in the heart of the BalkansNew StatesmanKosovo has been without a government since the inconclusive general election six months ago; yet the remarkable thing is how little difference this has made. The other remarkable thing is that the foreigners who exercise real influence here – the ...
- Once Ignored, Kosovo Exits Sports Limbo - New York Times 16/12/2014
- Albanian Police Arrest Asylum Tricksters 19/12/2014Police have arrested five people in Vlora, accused of conning hundreds of Albanians with false promises of economic asylum in Germany.
- Kosovo, Serbia Ready to Resume EU Talks 19/12/2014After months of delay, Kosovo and Serbia are willing to continue the EU-mediated dialogue early next year in Brussels.
- Kosovo ‘Drenica Group’ Guerrillas Released on Bail 19/12/2014Six defendants in the high-profile ‘Drenica Group’ trial of former Kosovo Liberation Army fighters, accused of war crimes for abusing civilian prisoners, have been released on bail.
- Serbian MPs Claim Prosecutor Unlawfully Appointed 19/12/2014A group of Serbian MPs filed criminal charges against members of the State Council of Prosecutors for the alleged illegal appointment of deputy war crimes prosecutor Bruno Vekaric.
- SDA Names Bosnia's New Prime Minister 19/12/2014The main Bosniak party, the Party of Democratic Action, SDA, has named Denis Zvizdic as the next President of the Council of Ministers of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Montenegro Govt to Pay Off State TV's Debt 19/12/2014The government said it will pay off millions of euro owed by the state television service, RTCG, continuing the practice of covering the debts of troubled state-owned companies.
- Romanians Mark 1989 Revolt With Mixed Feeling 19/12/2014Romania is commemorating 25 years since the overthrow of the Communist regime, although many people say they feel nostalgic for the relative security of life in the old days.
- Zagreb Mayor Probed Over Missing 40,000 Euro 19/12/2014Milan Bandic is undergoing a new investigation, connected with the loss of some 40,000 euro on the part of the City of Zagreb.
- Albania Arrests Thieving Santa Clauses 19/12/2014Police on Wednesday said they arrested two members of a gang who robbed a Tirana mall last year disguised in Father Christmas costumes.
- Serbia Readies for OSCE Role With Russian Visit 19/12/2014Ivica Dacic, Serbia's Foreign Minister, will travel to Moscow to meet his Russian counterpart and discuss Ukraine on the eve of Serbia assuming the presidency of the OSCE.
- Mladic ‘Told Serb Troops to Act Like Knights’ 19/12/2014A defence witness at the war crimes trial of Ratko Mladic said that the former Bosnian Serb military chief ordered his men not to harm Bosniak prisoners from Srebrenica.
- Serbia Expels Arrested Falun Gong Members 18/12/2014Members of Falun Gong, arrested ahead of the China-Balkan summit in Belgrade, have been expelled from Serbia after four days in detention.
- FARC Arms Traffickers Arrested in Montenegro 18/12/2014Police in Montenegro arrested three international arms traffickers, suspected of trying to supply rebels in Colombia with weapons intended to kill Americans.
- Woman Takes Over Romania's Opposition Liberals 18/12/2014Alina Gorghiu has become the first woman to lead a large political party in Romania after taking the helm of the National Liberals from Klaus Iohannis who has become head of state.
- Ivanovic Pleads Not Guilty to War Crimes 18/12/2014Oliver Ivanovic and four other defendants pleaded not guilty to war crimes in a trial that has opened in Mitrovica, northern Kosovo.
- Albanian Police Arrest Asylum Tricksters 19/12/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO