PRISTINA, Kosovo — The Kosovo Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Justice Hajredin Kuci today inaugurated the Kosovo War Crimes Institute. The establishment of a war crimes institute was announced about 6 weeks ago on 1st. of May. The proclaimed aim of the institute is the research, documentation and publication of war crimes in Kosovo. As to Minister Kuci the concerning activities shell be conducted professionally without political influence. According to the former announcement the war crimes institute will have the status of a public agency under the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kosovo. Continue reading
- Kosovo granted provisional Olympic recognition by IOC - Reuters 22/10/2014USA TODAYKosovo granted provisional Olympic recognition by IOCReuters"These include the sport and technical requirements as well as the definition of "country" as defined in Rule 30.1 – “an independent State recognized by the international community.” Kosovo is recognized as a country by 108 of the 193 UN Member States.".IOC gives provisi […]
- Olympic committee paves the way for Kosovo to compete as independent ... - Washington Post (blog) 22/10/2014Olympic committee paves the way for Kosovo to compete as independent ...Washington Post (blog)Kosovo, the long disputed state that sits tenuously between Serbia and Albania, is one step closer to getting its own Olympic team. The International Olympic Committee's executive board granted “provisional recognition” to the Kosovo Olympic Committee ...
- Kosovo to gain Olympics recognition - Stuff.co.nz 22/10/2014Kosovo to gain Olympics recognitionStuff.co.nzThe IOC has accepted Kosovo into the Olympic fold, clearing the way for the former Serbian province to send an independent team to the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The International Olympic Committee executive board granted provisional ...
- IOC provisionally recognizes Kosovo - NBCSports.com 22/10/2014NBCSports.comIOC provisionally recognizes KosovoNBCSports.com“For four years now, the Serbian Olympic Committee has successfully blocked attempts by the unilaterally declared Republic of Kosovo to gain IOC membership through various channels, while the Serbian authorities have also been timely informed of these ...
- Kosovo move step closer to Olympic dream - SBS 22/10/2014Kosovo move step closer to Olympic dreamSBSKosovo took a significant step towards being able to compete in an Olympic Games when the Executive Board (EB) of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) on Wednesday granted provisional recognition to its Olympic Committee. They also proposed the ...
- IOC to discuss possible Kosovo Olympic recognition: spokesman - Reuters UK 22/10/2014Reuters UKIOC to discuss possible Kosovo Olympic recognition: spokesmanReuters UKBELGRADE (Reuters) - The International Olympic Committee will discuss the possibility of granting Kosovo Olympic recognition at its Executive Board meeting this week, an official said, a move that has angered Serbian Olympic officials. "We can confirm ...
- IOC to discuss recognizing Kosovo this week - NBCSports.com 22/10/2014NBCSports.comIOC to discuss recognizing Kosovo this weekNBCSports.comPerhaps the greatest athlete from Kosovo is judoka Majlinda Kelmendi, a two-time reigning World champion. Kelmendi represented Albania at London 2012, but would have represented Kosovo had that been an option. She represented Kosovo at the 2013 ...
- IOC Grants Kosovo Provisional Olympic Recognition - Voice of America 22/10/2014Voice of AmericaIOC Grants Kosovo Provisional Olympic RecognitionVoice of AmericaThe International Olympic Committee (IOC) has granted provisional recognition to Kosovo's National Olympic Committee (NOC). The Executive Board of the IOC, meeting Wednesday in Montreux, Switzerland, also proposed that the Kosovo NOC be granted ...
- UPDATE 3-Olympics-Kosovo granted provisional Olympic recognition by IOC - Reuters 22/10/2014UPDATE 3-Olympics-Kosovo granted provisional Olympic recognition by IOCReuters"These include the sport and technical requirements as well as the definition of "country" as defined in Rule 30.1 - "an independent State recognised by the international community." Kosovo is recognised as a country by 108 of the 193 UN Member States. […]
- Kosovo Minister To Visit Serbia - RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty 22/10/2014B92Kosovo Minister To Visit SerbiaRadioFreeEurope/RadioLibertyKosovo's Foreign Minister Enver Hoxhaj has confirmed he will travel to Serbia to attend an October 23 regional conference, the first such visit since Kosovo unilaterally seceded from Serbia in 2008. Hoxhaj said an October 22 statement, "This visit is ..."Serb returnees house set on […]
- Kosovo granted provisional Olympic recognition by IOC - Reuters 22/10/2014
- Kosovo Eyes Breakthrough on Olympic Games 23/10/2014Athletes from the Balkans' newest state may be able to compete in Rio, Brazil, in 2016, after the International Olympic Committee granted provisional recognition to Kosovo's Olympic Committee.
- Rumours Swirl Over Fate of Serbia's TV B92 23/10/2014After the once famous Serbian broadcaster announced it was changing location and direction, there are reports that it may change its name as well
- Macedonia ups Tempo on Rail Link to Bulgaria 23/10/2014With work on the first section now in progress, Macedonia has issued a project call for the third and final stretch of its long-awaited rail spur to Bulgaria.
- Serbia Orders Arrest of Ex-Policeman Fighting in Ukraine 23/10/2014Former Serbian anti-terrorist police spokesperson Radomir Pocuca, on trial for threatening peace campaigners, faces arrest for not appearing in court after he joined pro-Russian rebels in Ukraine.
- Mladic Witness: Muslims Planned ‘Slaughter’ in Vlasenica 23/10/2014A defence witness told Ratko Mladic’s war crimes trial that he saw a Bosniak municipal official’s journal that contained information about preparations for an attack in Vlasenica in 1992.
- Unrest Returns to Birthplace of Bosnia Protests 22/10/2014Protesting workers in Tuzla are calling for the resignation of the cantonal government that was appointed after the February protests.
- Albania MPs Call for Top Justice Officials to Go 22/10/2014A parliamentary commission is calling for the dismissal of the deputy chairman of Albania’s High Council of Justice, HCJ, and one of its members, for breaking the law.
- Succession Strife Hits Romania’s Ruling Party 22/10/2014Romania's governing Social Democrats have suspended three senior leaders in a move to quell internal disputes over the succession to Victor Ponta as party leader.
- Kosovo Liberation Army Veterans Estimated at 20,000 22/10/2014Government estimates suggest that a headcount will reveal that some 20,000 guerrillas fought for the Kosovo Liberation Army against Serbian forces and are entitled to veterans’ pensions.
- Serbia MPs to Debate Revised Austerity Budget 22/10/2014Serbia's Finance Minister on Wednesday announced that parliament will shortly debate a draft revised budget and accompanying bills on cutting spending.
- Bosnian Serb Soldier Given Alibi for Visegrad Violence 22/10/2014Two Serb ex-soldiers said their fellow serviceman Vitomir Rackovic was actually on the frontline at the same time he is alleged to have attacked villages in the Visegrad area in 1992.
- Rise on Jobless Rate Worries Montenegro 22/10/2014The number of unemployed in Monenegro has risen for the sixth month in a row - although the jobles rate remains low by regional standards.
- Bosnia Police Crack Marketing Crime Gang 22/10/2014Nine persons have been named as suspects in a police action against an organized criminal group that allegedly hatched fictional agreements, evaded taxes and laundered money.
- Kosovo-Serbia Talks Need Reviving, Report Says 22/10/2014New momentum is needed in the Kosovo-Serbia dialogue after the timeout caused by elections in both countries, a report by Kosovo and Slovak think tanks suggests.
- Zagreb Mayor Remanded in Custody Over Graft Claims 22/10/2014A Croatian judge remanded Zagreb’s mayor Milan Bandic and 11 others in custody for a month after they were arrested for alleged involvement in corrupt dealings in the city administration.
- Kosovo Eyes Breakthrough on Olympic Games 23/10/2014
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO