PRISTINA, KOSOVO — Twelve years on from the start of weeks of Nato bombing raids against Serbia, military planners enforcing the no-fly zone over Colonel Gaddafi’s Libya can learn valuable lessons from the air campaign against Belgrade … the immediate effect, at least in the case of Serbia, was devastating as security forces loyal to the former Serb president Slobodan Milosevic used the Nato raids as cover for the mass expulsions of hundreds of thousands of Kosovo Albanians into neighbouring countries and to commit a number of atrocities. Almost 2,000 people – mostly ethnic Albanians – are still missing after disappearing during the conflict … the generals have failed to prepare for what follows the initial and inevitable military victory … read more at THE INDEPENDENT
- Flow of asylum seekers from Kosovo drops sharply in Germany - Deutsche Welle 25/04/2015Deutsche WelleFlow of asylum seekers from Kosovo drops sharply in GermanyDeutsche WelleNumber of people from Kosovo asking for asylum in Germany had suddenly jumped in the beginning of the year, reaching some 11.700 applications in March, and putting the small Balkan country at first place when it comes to number of asylum applicants, ...
- Fatima honoured by Kosovo president - gulfnews.com 27/04/2015Fatima honoured by Kosovo presidentgulfnews.comMeanwhile, the office of Shaikha Fatima and the office of Atifete signed an agreement to build the Children Surgery Hospital in Pristina, the capital of Kosovo. The agreement reflects Shaikha Fatima's commitment to health care for children across the ...Sheikha Fatima to sponsor UAE-funded children's h […]
- Body of Kosovo Albanian pulled from Ibar River - InSerbia News 28/04/2015InSerbia NewsBody of Kosovo Albanian pulled from Ibar RiverInSerbia NewsZVECAN – The body of a drowned man, believed to be a 17-year-old Kosovo Albanian, was recovered from the Ibar River near the village of Grabovac in the municipality of Zvecan in northern Kosovo-Metohija on Tuesday. Kosovo-police. Kosovo Police ...
- Macedonia: Police conduct raid near Kosovo border - InSerbia News 27/04/2015InSerbia NewsMacedonia: Police conduct raid near Kosovo borderInSerbia NewsOn April 7, a group of around 40 people wearing uniforms of the disbanded ethnic Albanian Kosovo Liberation Army attacked a police watchtower in Gosince, on Macedonia's northern border with Kosovo, some 30 km north of the capital Skopje, Kotevski said.eMagazin: Commander NATO wit […]
- Pristina "allowed Djuric to travel to Kosovo" - B92 28/04/2015B92Pristina "allowed Djuric to travel to Kosovo"B92Beta added that last week, "after the refusal of Serbian authorities to enable the stay and participation of Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Kosovo Hashim Thaci in a conference (in Belgrade)" Djuric was initially not given ...
- In Kosovo, US-Funded Study Gets Response to ISIS Wrong - Middle East Forum 27/04/2015In Kosovo, US-Funded Study Gets Response to ISIS WrongMiddle East ForumKosovo has 125 foreign fighters . . . for every 1 million citizens, making it the highest ranking country among 22 listed [Western] countries, followed by Bosnia with 85, Belgium with 42, and Albania with 30 cases of foreign fighters . . . for every 1 ...
- Kosovo demands from Serbia to answer for the crimes committed in Kosovo - Journal of Turkish Weekly 27/04/2015Kosovo demands from Serbia to answer for the crimes committed in KosovoJournal of Turkish WeeklyThe fate of missing people remains one of the most serious wounds of the last war in Kosovo. Thousands of Albanians, including elderly people, women and children, who were killed by police and Serb army during the last war in Kosovo, were put on ...Serbs end boyco […]
- Islamic State exploits poverty and ignorance in Kosovo - EurActiv 22/04/2015EurActivIslamic State exploits poverty and ignorance in KosovoEurActivAs the Islamic State's attempt to carve out a new caliphate in Syria and Iraq continues, the terrorist organisation has found a fertile source for recruits in poverty-stricken Kosovo. An estimated 200 Kosovo Albanians have joined jihadi groups in Syria ...
- Macedonia says Kosovo gunmen take police hostage overnight, call for ... - Reuters 21/04/2015ReutersMacedonia says Kosovo gunmen take police hostage overnight, call for ...ReutersHe described the gunmen as "UCK", an abbreviation that may apply either to ethnic Albanian guerrillas who fought Serbian security forces in Kosovo in 1998-99, or to those who took up arms in Macedonia during fighting in 2001. But police in Kosovo, ...Macedonian po […]
- Serbia quashes talk of landmark visit by Kosovo minister - Reuters 20/04/2015ReutersSerbia quashes talk of landmark visit by Kosovo ministerReutersBELGRADE (Reuters) - Serbia has informed its former province of Kosovo that Foreign Minister Hashim Thaci will be arrested if he tries to attend a conference in Belgrade this week in what would have been a landmark visit by the former guerrilla commander.Serbia says it will arrest Kosovo m […]
- Flow of asylum seekers from Kosovo drops sharply in Germany - Deutsche Welle 25/04/2015
- Romania Lists Fund in London to Lure Investors 28/04/2015The Romanian investment fund Fondul Proprietatea is planning a secondary listing on the London Stock Exchange, in a bid to attract fresh investors to the country.
- New BIRN War Crimes Film Premieres in Belgrade 28/04/2015BIRN's latest feature-length documentary, which investigates the commanders responsible for some of the most brutal attacks of the Kosovo war, was screened for the first time in Belgrade.
- Montenegro Jails Fan for Football Violence 28/04/2015Montenegro has jailed a fan for throwing a flare at a Russian goalkeeper during last month's abandoned qualifier match.
- Bosnian Serbs Raise Stakes After Zvornik Terror Attack 28/04/2015The leader of Bosnia’s Serb-dominated entity, Republika Srpska, said the entity may withdraw from Bosnian state security structures following the attack on a police station.
- Crime Ties of Albanian Candidates Worries US 28/04/2015The US Ambassador in Tirana, Donald Lu, on Monday said his embassy was concerned about the criminal backgrounds of a number of people standing in the June local elections.
- Croatian Journalists’ Leader Promises ‘Battle for Integrity’ 28/04/2015The newly-elected president of the Croatian journalists’ association Sasa Lekovic said he would fight to defend the integrity of Croatian media workers against political pressures and corruption.
- Russian Statement on Macedonia Infuriates Albania 28/04/2015Tirana has called in the Russian ambassador after the Kremlin blamed Albania and Kosovo for the recently reported 'terrorist' attack on a border post in Macedonia.
- Macedonia Police Arrest Suspect For 'Terror Attack' 28/04/2015After raiding the Lipkovo area, where last week armed gunmen reportedly attacked a remote border post, Macedonian police said they had arrested one suspect.
- Bosnia Police Station Attack Raises Ethnic Tensions 28/04/2015Security levels were increased across Bosnia and Herzegovina after an officer was killed by an alleged radical Islamist in an attack on a police station in the Serb-dominated entity of Republika Srpska.
- Macedonia Slammed for Failing to Liberalize Energy 27/04/2015Macedonia has breached its EU commitments to liberalize its energy market, the Energy Community has said, giving it only two months to rectify this failure.
- Film Honours Sportsmen's Wartime Bravery 27/04/2015A documentary about the courage of Yugoslav sportsmen who defied nationalist hysteria in the 1990s has premiered in Belgrade, focusing on their little known heroic acts off the pitch.
- Macedonia Albanian Leader Urges Peaceful End to Crisis 27/04/2015The head of the main ethnic Albanian party in Macedonia has pledged his party's continued commitment to peace and dialogue during a visit to Kosovo.
- EULEX Uncovers Suspected Mass Grave in Kosovo 27/04/2015The EU rule-of-law mission, EULEX, on Monday said it had found human remains in a village cemetery in the Skenderaj/Srbica area of Kosovo after a villager provided information.
- Montenegro to Share Embassies, Diplomat Predicts 27/04/2015Montenegro has a long-term interest in setting up joint representatives offices with other countries in the region, a diplomat in Kosovo has said.
- Romania Govt Casts Predatory Eye on Waiters' Tips 27/04/2015Government plan to raise revenues by taxing tips meets scornful response from some waiters - who have vowed to hold on to their extra earnings.
- Romania Lists Fund in London to Lure Investors 28/04/2015
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO