PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The OSCE says courts in Kosovo are failing to appropriately judge cases involving divorce and foster children … this failure violates the legal framework in Kosovo ++ On March 24th, Kosovo will mark the twelfth anniversary of the 1999 NATO air strikes against the regime of Slobodan Milosevic. This year, however, the occasion has new significance … ++ There can’t be talks between Pristina and Belgrade without first agreeing on the history of their conflict … Belgrade and Pristina should agree that Ibrahim Rugova and Zoran Djindjic are to be recognized both as heroes against Serb fascism …
- Kosovo's entrepreneurs hope for brighter future - BBC News 26/03/2015BBC NewsKosovo's entrepreneurs hope for brighter futureBBC NewsIt is only just past nine in the morning - the staff are still taking the chairs off the tables at the pub in the centre of Kosovo's capital Pristina - and Alban Ibrahimi is keen to start drinking. But the shots the Kosovan entrepreneur has in mind are ...and more »
- First Serbian politician accepts invitation to Kosovo - EurActiv 26/03/2015EurActivFirst Serbian politician accepts invitation to KosovoEurActivSerbian Foreign Minister Ivica Dačić became the first government official to visit Pristina at Kosovo's invitation since the territory unilaterally declared independence from Belgrade in 2008. Dačić attended a Western Balkans conference on creating the ...Serbia, Kosovo police discuss […]
- Leaving Kosovo: Exodus of young people as frustration soars - BBC News 22/03/2015BBC NewsLeaving Kosovo: Exodus of young people as frustration soarsBBC NewsFairy lights twinkle, a mixture of Albanian and English-language hits play over the sound system and the 20-somethings gathered around the tables regularly break into laughter. But the joviality papers over a grim reality for these young people. Kosovo ...and more »
- Why countries that recognize Palestinian statehood turn their backs on Kosovo - Quartz 20/03/2015QuartzWhy countries that recognize Palestinian statehood turn their backs on KosovoQuartzNearby Albania and Kosovo are arguably Europe's “most Islamic” countries, when excluding Turkey. In Albania, 56.7% of the population adheres to Sunni Islam. And although exact numbers aren't available for Kosovo, one of the world's youngest countries, ... […]
- Kosovo focuses on NATO membership - Southeast European Times 26/03/2015Kosovo focuses on NATO membershipSoutheast European TimesKosovo is looking to become a member of the NATO Partnership for Peace Programme, and the country is seeking more access to Alliance exercises and training in order to help the Kosovo Security Force (KSF) transform into an army. KSF Minister Haki ...
- Kosovo horrors highlight our central search for justice - Winnipeg Free Press 28/03/2015Winnipeg Free PressKosovo horrors highlight our central search for justiceWinnipeg Free PressWith the clarity and precision honed through the writing of countless legal briefs, Behar makes his case by leading us from the operations of the ICTY, the trial records of massacres that took place in Kosovo in 1999 and the efforts made to hide the ...
- Fleeing Kosovo: over the border and back again - euronews 27/03/2015Fleeing Kosovo: over the border and back againeuronewsPlanes carrying Kosovars, who had illegally migrated to Germany, have begun landing at Pristina airport. An estimated 50,000 to 100,000 people left Kosovo between December 2014 and February this year. Then the deportations from Germany began.
- Serb deputies continue to boycott Kosovo assembly - B92 27/03/2015B92Serb deputies continue to boycott Kosovo assemblyB92The Serb List left the Kosovo government and other institutions after the sacking of Aleksandar Jablanovic from Mustafa's cabinet. This was done because Jablanovic described those Albanians who attacked Serb returnees in Djakovica with rocks on ...and more »
- Kosovars Who Fought for Land Are Now Eager to Leave - New York Times 07/03/2015B92Kosovars Who Fought for Land Are Now Eager to LeaveNew York TimesSTANOVC, Kosovo — The extended Cakaj family has built a few dozen homes here, along Tony Blair Street, between the Dubai supermarket and the French peacekeepers base, in a clannish faith that closeness would bring security. But recently the family of ...Serb participation in Kosovo instituti […]
- "Unification" of Kosovo and Albania "through EU" - B92 24/03/2015B92"Unification" of Kosovo and Albania "through EU"B92Following a joint session of the governments of Kosovo and Albania, the ministers signed a total of 11 agreements, including an agreement on strengthening cooperation in the area of internal controls, a protocol on shared use of border control ...Albanian PM criticizes EU's attitu […]
- Kosovo's entrepreneurs hope for brighter future - BBC News 26/03/2015
- Montenegro Protests Over Croatia's Adriatic Oil Probes 27/03/2015Montenegro has accused Croatia of jeopardizing an earlier border agreement between the two countries by allowing oil and gas exploration in the disputed border area near Prevlaka.
- Bidders Snap Up Ceausescu Trophies in Romania 27/03/2015Brisk sales of Ceasescu family memorabilia underline Romania’s continuing fascination with its communist dictator.
- Detained Albanian MPs Challenge Arraignment 27/03/2015Lawyers for two Albanian MPs, detained on charges of giving false testimonies, have condemned their arraignment on the General Prosecutor’s order as illegal.
- Gruevski: Opposition Goal ‘to Destabilize Macedonia’ 27/03/2015Prime Minister casts doubt on the authenticity of the taped conversations and says opposition’s only goal is to seize power by fomenting a crisis.
- EU's Mogherini Tells Serbia to Hasten Reforms 27/03/2015Ahead of her first visit to Belgrade, the EU foreign policy chief, Frederica Mogherini, said Serbia must achieve results internally and on Kosovo before it can open EU accession talks.
- Balkan Media Freedom in ‘Sharp Decline’, Report 27/03/2015A new report says media freedom and integrity in Bosnia, Macedonia and Serbia have deteriorated over the past months, blaming it on the countries’ governments - and on the EU.
- Photo: Lady Justice Unveiled in Macedonia Amid Judicial Row 27/03/2015A gold-painted sculpture of Lady Justice adorns the new classical look of Macedonia's Justice Ministry - but the unveiling comes at a time when Macedonia's judicial system is rocked by claims of political interference.
- Croatia Promises to Slash Cost of State Bodies 27/03/2015Croatia's centre-left government on Thursday anounced cuts to state bodies, designed to save the budget around 130 million euro a year.
- New Tapes Show Macedonian PM Fixing Cuts 26/03/2015The opposition says its latest tapes show the Macedonian Prime Minister solicited millions of euros from companies as sweeteners while fixing tendering procedures.
- Albania Parliament Backs Arrest of Two MPs 26/03/2015Parliament voted on Thursday to approve a request from the general prosecutor’s office for the arrest of two MPs accused of making false testimonies and intimidating witnesses.
- Kosovo PM Says He Has Hotline to Belgrade 26/03/2015Prime Minister Isa Mustafa on Thursday said that he and the Serbian Prime Minister had agreed to discuss certain problems directly - and not rely solely on meetings in Brussels.
- Montenegro Fines 'Informer' Editor For Hate Speech 26/03/2015The editor of the Montenegrin edition of the newspaper Informer, Novak Uskokovic, has been found guilty of publishing racist comments about Albanians in articles about last year's controversial Serbia-Albania football match.
- Serbia Schools Minister Downplays Teachers Strike 26/03/2015As teachings unions threaten to up their strike action, Srdjan Verbic, Serbia’s education minister, vows that the long-running strike will not jeopardise the end of the school year.
- Croatia’s Satirical ‘Feral Tribune’ Celebrated in Print 26/03/2015A new book explores the history of Feral Tribune, a provocative anti-establishment magazine that investigated and satirised the authorities in Croatia for more than two decades.
- Ambassador's Resignation Exposes Bosnian Serb Rifts 26/03/2015The Bosnian ambassador to Serbia, a close associate of the President of the Republika Srpska, has resigned amid a deepending power struggle in the Bosnian Serb bloc.
- Montenegro Protests Over Croatia's Adriatic Oil Probes 27/03/2015
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO