PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The OSCE says courts in Kosovo are failing to appropriately judge cases involving divorce and foster children … this failure violates the legal framework in Kosovo ++ On March 24th, Kosovo will mark the twelfth anniversary of the 1999 NATO air strikes against the regime of Slobodan Milosevic. This year, however, the occasion has new significance … ++ There can’t be talks between Pristina and Belgrade without first agreeing on the history of their conflict … Belgrade and Pristina should agree that Ibrahim Rugova and Zoran Djindjic are to be recognized both as heroes against Serb fascism …
- IOC President Thomas Bach visits NOCs of Serbia and Kosovo - Olympic 18/04/2015OlympicIOC President Thomas Bach visits NOCs of Serbia and KosovoOlympicInternational Olympic Committee (IOC) President Thomas Bach visited the National Olympic Committees (NOCs) of Serbia and Kosovo on Friday for talks on Olympic Agenda 2020, the role of sport in society, and the recent recognition by the IOC of the ...Bach visits new IOC member Kosovo for […]
- Serbia says it will arrest Kosovo minister if he goes to Belgrade conference - Reuters 16/04/2015ReutersSerbia says it will arrest Kosovo minister if he goes to Belgrade conferenceReutersThaci was a leader of the guerrilla Kosovo Liberation Army, which took up arms in the late 1990s after a decade of passive resistance to Serbian rule by Kosovo's ethnic Albanian majority. Serbian forces began a counter-insurgency war, and NATO launched ...New round […]
- A "Great Fear" in Kosovo - Huffington Post 14/04/2015A "Great Fear" in KosovoHuffington PostAuthorities in Kosovo (approximately 80 percent Muslim) and Bosnia-Herzegovina (about 45 percent Muslim) have criminalized participation in jihadist terror in Syria and Iraq and arrested alleged participants in campaigns for the "Islamic State.".
- [Opinion] Eulex report exposes EU failure in Kosovo - EUobserver 16/04/2015EUobserver[Opinion] Eulex report exposes EU failure in KosovoEUobserverThe EU has just published an independent report on its rule of law mission in Kosovo, Eulex. It concerns a scandal which erupted last year, when an official of the mission publicly accused it of having covered up a case of judicial corruption within ...
- Edi Rama again on unification of Albania and Kosovo - InSerbia News 18/04/2015InSerbia NewsEdi Rama again on unification of Albania and KosovoInSerbia NewsIn the recent interview that Rama and Kosovo's Foreign Minister Hasim Taci have given together to Pristina-based broadcaster Klan-Kosova, the Albanian prime minister said there are two alternatives for “the unification of Kosovo and Albania”, and that ...Rama: Albania and Kosov […]
- Citizens of Kosovo still top the list of asylum requests in EU - InSerbia News 18/04/2015InSerbia NewsCitizens of Kosovo still top the list of asylum requests in EUInSerbia NewsHowever, the situation with Kosovo is different because this year Germany has been overwhelmed by a multitude of asylum seekers from Kosovo, which sparked many political debates and earnest calls from Berlin that the Kosovo government halt this.
- Kosovo and Bosnia: the EU's Iraq - Spiked 13/04/2015SpikedKosovo and Bosnia: the EU's IraqSpikedAlthough there is far less public discussion about the European Union's interventions in Bosnia and Kosovo, these cases clearly demonstrate the problems with intervention and the limitations of external rule. Both cases are notable because, like Iraq ...
- Kosovo Opposition Parties Plan Anti-Government Protest - Eurasia Review 18/04/2015Eurasia ReviewKosovo Opposition Parties Plan Anti-Government ProtestEurasia ReviewKosovo opposition parties announced a protest in Pristina on Saturday against what they call the “hijacking of the government” by the ruling parties, the Democratic League of Kosovo (LDK) and the Democratic Party of Kosovo (PDK). They called on all ...Opposition rally in Pristi […]
- Report Criticizes EU Kosovo Mission's Handling of Corruption Allegations - Wall Street Journal 14/04/2015EurActivReport Criticizes EU Kosovo Mission's Handling of Corruption AllegationsWall Street JournalBRUSSELS—The European Union's law-and-order mission in Kosovo didn't attempt to cover up allegations of corruption in its own ranks, but its handling of the accusations has damaged the credibility of the bloc's largest civilian operation out […]
- Leaving Kosovo: Exodus of young people as frustration soars - BBC News 22/03/2015BBC NewsLeaving Kosovo: Exodus of young people as frustration soarsBBC NewsFairy lights twinkle, a mixture of Albanian and English-language hits play over the sound system and the 20-somethings gathered around the tables regularly break into laughter. But the joviality papers over a grim reality for these young people. Kosovo ...and more »
- IOC President Thomas Bach visits NOCs of Serbia and Kosovo - Olympic 18/04/2015
- Kosovo Opposition Stage Anti-Government Protest 18/04/2015Supporters of Kosovo’s three main opposition parties marched through Pristina on Saturday in a largely peaceful protest of the policies of the government of Prime Minister Isa Mustafa.
- Kosovo Opposition Parties Plan Anti-Government Protest 18/04/2015Kosovo opposition parties have united to call a joint protest against the governing coalition's policies, accusing it of taking over judicial and media institutions.
- Serbian Editor’s Sacking Raises Media Freedom Concerns 17/04/2015The sacking of Antonela Riha, a well-known Serbian journalist, has raised new concerns about pressure on the media in the country.
- US Urges Macedonia to Probe Wiretap Claims 17/04/2015A US State Department official said the Macedonian government must address accusations of wrongdoing raised by secretly-recorded tapes of top officials’ conversations released by the opposition.
- Albania Parties Prepare for Local Poll Showdown 17/04/2015Albanian political parties announced key candidates for major municipalities for the June 21 local polls – the first important test of their popularity since the Socialists came to power in 2013.
- Montenegro Raises Petrol Price to Pay Highway Loan 17/04/2015The Montenegrin government is to introduce a new fuel tax in order to cut the budget deficit and pay off a huge loan it took to build a highway.
- US Warns Kosovo: Approve New War Court Quickly 17/04/2015The US ambassador to Pristina said Washington wouldn’t continue blocking Russia’s attempts to set up a Kosovo war crimes tribunal if Kosovo’s parliament doesn’t approve a new EU-backed court soon.
- Croatia to Charge Tourists for Mountain Rescues 17/04/2015The Croatian Mountain Rescue Service plans to start charging tourists for saving them when they are stranded on mountains or in other remote places.
- Bosnian Serb Leader Pays ‘Historic’ Visit to Srebrenica 17/04/2015Milorad Dodik, the president of Bosnia’s Serb-dominated entity Republika Srpska, paid tribute to the victims of the 1995 massacres by Serb forces during an unusually reconciliatory visit.
- IMF Slightly Raises Montenegro’s Growth Forecast 17/04/2015Montenegro's GDP is projected to grow by 4.7 per cent in 2015 and 3.5 per cent in 2016, the International Monetary Fund said in its latest report.
- Romanian Films Selected for Cannes Festival 17/04/2015Two Romanian movies have been selected this year for the ‘Un Certain Regard’ section of the Cannes film festival dedicated to innovative work.
- Bosnia’s ‘Most Dangerous’ Crime Gang Jailed 16/04/2015Violent gang boss Zijad Turkovic and four of his associates were sentenced to a total of 95 years in prison in the single largest Bosnian criminal case since the war.
- Kosovo’s Thaci Given Serbia Arrest Warning 16/04/2015Kosovo foreign minister Hashim Thaci could attend an NGO conference in Belgrade later this month although a warrant for his arrest for alleged war crimes is still active in Serbia.
- NATO Begins Military Exercise in Romania 16/04/2015Some 2,200 troops with military equipment are taking part in a NATO military exercise on Romania’s eastern border with Ukraine as the crisis in the neighbouring country continues.
- NATO Victims’ Families to Sue Montenegro in Europe 16/04/2015The families of those killed in a NATO air strike plan further legal action after the Montenegrin supreme court rejected their bid for compensation for the deaths in 1999.
- Kosovo Opposition Stage Anti-Government Protest 18/04/2015
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO