PRISTINA, KOSOVO — “It is good that we have the Constitutional Court and I … will respect its decision” Pacolli said after the Court ruled that the election of the President of the Republic of Kosovo was unconstitutional ++ seemingly on Friday or on Monday next week the Assembly of Kosovo will hold a session to vote for the President of Kosovo ++ The War Veteran associations, the Assembly of students of the University of Pristina, and the NGOs network “Democracy in Action” protested yesterday in Pristina against the latest arrests of former Kosovo Liberation Army members and the arrest warrant issued against MP Fatmir Limaj ++ Between 24 March and 22 June 1999, an estimated 10,356 ethnic Albanians were killed in Kosovo during the wars in former Yugoslavia – according to victims data recently published by The Hague Tribunal – with an additional “… departure of at least 700,000 Kosovo Albanians from Kosovo in the short period of time between the end of March and beginning of June 1999” ++ read more here: News Monitor 30.03.2011, Broadcast Monitor 29.03.2011
- NC “Old Hickory” Guard unit deploying to Kosovo - News & Observer 01/05/2015News & ObserverNC “Old Hickory” Guard unit deploying to KosovoNews & ObserverJerry Max Stroud Sr. held his 3-year-old grandson in check Thursday as they watched the boy's dad march with the 30th Armored Brigade Combat Team, readying to deploy to Kosovo. This will be Maj. Jerry Max Stroud Jr.'s fourth deployment overseas.
- Kosovo arrests an opposition leader - Yahoo News 01/05/2015The Daily StarKosovo arrests an opposition leaderYahoo NewsPRISTINA, Kosovo (AP) — Kosovo police say an opposition leader has been arrested based on a warrant accusing him of obstructing an official in performing official duties. Police spokesman Daut Hoxha says Dardan Molliqaj was arrested Friday in the main ...Opposition Leader Arrested In KosovoRadioFreeE […]
- Jihadi from Kosovo killed in Syria - B92 04/05/2015B92Jihadi from Kosovo killed in SyriaB92Jihadi from Kosovo killed in Syria. Source: Tanjug. PRISTINA -- A Kosovo Albanian from the Klina municipality in Kosovo and Metohija who joined the Islamic State in Syria has been killed. This is according to the Pristina-based Albanian language daily ...and more »
- Fayetteville, Clinton National Guard units headed to Kosovo - Fayetteville Observer 29/04/2015Fayetteville, Clinton National Guard units headed to KosovoFayetteville ObserverAbout 300 soldiers from local North Carolina National Guard units are scheduled to deploy Thursday, bound for Kosovo. The soldiers are part of Headquarters Company, 30th Armored Brigade Combat Team, which is based in Clinton, and Headquarters ...and more »
- A "Great Fear" in Kosovo - Huffington Post 14/04/2015A "Great Fear" in KosovoHuffington PostAuthorities in Kosovo (approximately 80 percent Muslim) and Bosnia-Herzegovina (about 45 percent Muslim) have criminalized participation in jihadist terror in Syria and Iraq and arrested alleged participants in campaigns for the "Islamic State.".
- Flow of asylum seekers from Kosovo drops sharply in Germany - Deutsche Welle 25/04/2015Deutsche WelleFlow of asylum seekers from Kosovo drops sharply in GermanyDeutsche WelleNumber of people from Kosovo asking for asylum in Germany had suddenly jumped in the beginning of the year, reaching some 11.700 applications in March, and putting the small Balkan country at first place when it comes to number of asylum applicants, ...
- Hugs, well wishes for guardsmen headed to Kosovo - Fayetteville Observer 30/04/2015Hugs, well wishes for guardsmen headed to KosovoFayetteville ObserverTwo local units - Headquarters Company, 30th Armored Brigade Combat Team, which is based in Clinton, and Headquarters Company, 1st Combined Armed Battalion, 252nd Armored Regiment, based in Fayetteville - will serve in Kosovo. The battalion's A ...
- Sheikha Fatima to sponsor UAE-funded children's hospital in Kosovo - The National 27/04/2015Sheikha Fatima to sponsor UAE-funded children's hospital in KosovoThe NationalABU DHABI // The Republic of Kosovo has awarded Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak the Mother Teresa Humanitarian Medal in appreciation for her constant commitment to improving people's living conditions across the world. Under the directives of Sheikha ...Fatima honoured by Kos […]
- Serbia says it will arrest Kosovo minister if he goes to Belgrade conference - Yahoo! Maktoob News 16/04/2015Yahoo! Maktoob NewsSerbia says it will arrest Kosovo minister if he goes to Belgrade conferenceYahoo! Maktoob NewsPRISTINA/BELGRADE (Reuters) - Serbia warned on Thursday it would arrest the foreign minister of its former province of Kosovo for alleged terrorism if he turns up in Belgrade next week to attend a conference. Hashim Thaci, who led a guerrilla ... […]
- EU says Albania comment on Kosovo unification 'not acceptable' - EUobserver 09/04/2015EUobserverEU says Albania comment on Kosovo unification 'not acceptable'EUobserverThe EU foreign service has described Albanian remarks on Kosovo unification as “provocative” and “not acceptable”. Maja Kocjiancic, the EU spokeswoman, told Balkans news agency dtt-net.com on Wednesday (8 April) that both Albania and Kosovo have “a ...Albanian PM warn […]
- NC “Old Hickory” Guard unit deploying to Kosovo - News & Observer 01/05/2015
- Bosnia Faces New Attack Threat, Police Warn 04/05/2015Security agencies have warned that the country is facing the threat of a possible new attack by Islamist militants in the wake of the shooting of a policeman in Zvornik.
- In Pictures: Yugo-Nostalgists Mark Tito Anniversary 04/05/2015Admirers of former Yugoslav leader Josip Broz Tito commemorated the 35th anniversary of his death at events in various countries across the Balkans.
- Montenegro Vows Crackdown After Jihadist Threats 04/05/2015The government pledged tough action against suspected jihadists after a Montenegrin citizen who claimed to be a member of ISIS threatened three Muslim members of the country's parliament.
- Croatian Police Launch ‘Organised Crime’ Murder Probe 04/05/2015Police are trying to connect the killing of businessman Vinko Zuljevic, who was shot in an suspected gangland hit, with other suspected murders outside the country.
- Albanians Work Longer for Less Pay, Survey Says 04/05/2015The average employee in Albania works 2,100 hours per year but is paid less than the average worker in Bulgaria and Macedonia, Europe’s next worst-paid nations, a new survey says.
- Romanian Mayor Investigated for Spying on Girlfriend 04/05/2015The mayor of the Romanian city of Iasi is under investigation for suspected abuse of office after he allegedly used local police to spy on his girlfriend and his political rivals.
- Bosnian Serbs Protest against Labour Reform 04/05/2015Trade unions staged one of the biggest protests in recent years in Bosnia’s Serb-dominated entity of Republika Srpska, showing that EU-proposed reforms could face problems soon.
- Romania to List New Companies on Stock Exchange 04/05/2015Romania will try to attract much-needed cash with the public listing of more state-owned companies starting from this autumn.
- Subversives Get Together at Zagreb Festival 04/05/2015Radical thinkers from the world over gathered at the Subversive Festival in Zagreb, which opened on Sunday with 14 days of film screenings, panels, round tables and interviews.
- Pressure on Central Europe to Take More Asylum-Seekers 04/05/2015Newer EU member states likely to face pressure to share the asylum burden, which is weighing on Germany on Sweden.
- Djukanovic to Meet Merkel on her Home Turf 04/05/2015Milo Djukanovic, the Montenegrin Prime Minister, is to visit Berlin this week for his first-ever official meeting with Angela Merkel in her home country.
- EU Kosovo Prosecutor Criticises Graft Allegations Probe 01/05/2015Former prosecutor Maria Bamieh said Brussels’ report on the handling of her allegations of corruption within the EU’s Kosovo rule-of-law mission did not prove there was no cover-up.
- Terror Fears Leave Small Bosnian Town Subdued 01/05/2015The recent terrorist attack in Zvornik has had a ripple effect all across Bosnia, reopening wounds and creating unease far from the town where the actuall shooting took place.
- Serbian Unions Mark May Day with Protests 01/05/2015Serbian unions will mark May 1 with protests in the capital against the loss of workers' rights and the growing problem of workers not being paid on time - or paid at all.
- Picasso Comes to Montenegro's Royal Capital 01/05/2015The first ever Picasso exhibition in Montenegro presents lesser-known drawings and ceramic pieces of the celebrated Spanish artist.
- Bosnia Faces New Attack Threat, Police Warn 04/05/2015
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO