PRISTINA, KOSOVO — “It is good that we have the Constitutional Court and I … will respect its decision” Pacolli said after the Court ruled that the election of the President of the Republic of Kosovo was unconstitutional ++ seemingly on Friday or on Monday next week the Assembly of Kosovo will hold a session to vote for the President of Kosovo ++ The War Veteran associations, the Assembly of students of the University of Pristina, and the NGOs network “Democracy in Action” protested yesterday in Pristina against the latest arrests of former Kosovo Liberation Army members and the arrest warrant issued against MP Fatmir Limaj ++ Between 24 March and 22 June 1999, an estimated 10,356 ethnic Albanians were killed in Kosovo during the wars in former Yugoslavia – according to victims data recently published by The Hague Tribunal – with an additional “… departure of at least 700,000 Kosovo Albanians from Kosovo in the short period of time between the end of March and beginning of June 1999” ++ read more here: News Monitor 30.03.2011, Broadcast Monitor 29.03.2011
- Israel-Kosovo relations marked by shared sympathies, hampered by identity ... - Jerusalem Post Israel News 28/02/2015Jerusalem Post Israel NewsIsrael-Kosovo relations marked by shared sympathies, hampered by identity ...Jerusalem Post Israel NewsSo it was that Enver Hoxhaj of Kosovo was greeted with handshakes in Israel this week, but held no official governmental meetings and flew home after his three days without the one thing he dreamed of – a public pledge of formal di […]
- Another US 'Success Story': The Creation and Abandonment of Kosovo - Antiwar.com 28/02/2015Another US 'Success Story': The Creation and Abandonment of KosovoAntiwar.comOnce this dependence was established, as it was in Kosovo, Bulgaria, Poland (which did not need much coaxing) and the Baltic Republics, the U.S. could, as Rumsfeld famously let slip in 2003, play the new Europe off against the old Europe and, in this ...
- World Bank Supports Kosovo in Extending Internet in Rural Areas - World Bank Group 26/02/2015World Bank Supports Kosovo in Extending Internet in Rural AreasWorld Bank GroupPRISHTINA, February 26, 2015 – Unleashing development opportunities in rural Kosovo requires access to communication infrastructure and information. In this vein, the World Bank and the Ministry of Economic Development of Kosovo have officially ...
- The disaster of Kosovo should be a warning to all humanitarian interventionists - The Week Magazine 10/02/2015The Week MagazineThe disaster of Kosovo should be a warning to all humanitarian interventionistsThe Week MagazineIt's been almost 16 years since a NATO coalition banded together to defeat Serbia's Slobodan Milošević in Kosovo. Ever since, it has been exhibit A in the case for “humanitarian intervention.” A swift short war, a thug removed from power […]
- Kosovo-EU migration turns into political point scoring in Serbia - Deutsche Welle 23/02/2015Deutsche WelleKosovo-EU migration turns into political point scoring in SerbiaDeutsche WelleThey have a long bus ride out of Kosovo's capital, Pristina, behind them. Now, they want to get to Subotica, a Serbian city in the far north, just kilometers from the Hungarian border. Beyond that begins the Schengen Area, where there are no more ...Kosovo: Forme […]
- Germany and Austria discriminate against Kosovo refugees - World Socialist Web Site 27/02/2015Osservatorio Balcani e CaucasoGermany and Austria discriminate against Kosovo refugeesWorld Socialist Web SiteIn the course of the past six months, according to media reports, 50,000 people have left Kosovo, some 35,000 in the last month-and-a-half alone. Their main destinations are Germany, Austria and Scandinavia. The exodus is the result of the catastroph […]
- Germany Grapples With Surge of Migrants From Kosovo - Wall Street Journal 19/02/2015Wall Street JournalGermany Grapples With Surge of Migrants From KosovoWall Street JournalGERMERING, Germany— Valmir Sahiti, 25 years old, has spent the last two weeks living in a nursing home in the long-shot hope of a new life. Mr. Sahiti, an asylum-seeker from Kosovo, is staying with five relatives in a makeshift refugee center set up ...Poverty forces a m […]
- Kosovo: Bus stoned in Banjica, one woman injured - InSerbia News 28/02/2015InSerbia NewsKosovo: Bus stoned in Banjica, one woman injuredInSerbia NewsSTRPCE – One woman was injured in an incident in which a bus transporting Serb passengers from Belgrade to Strpce was stoned in Banjica, southern Kosovo-Metohija, Strpce Mayor Bratislav Nikolic told Tanjug. Illustration. The incident occurred on Friday ...
- Kosovo: Blast in Kosovska Mitrovica downtown - InSerbia News 28/02/2015InSerbia NewsKosovo: Blast in Kosovska Mitrovica downtownInSerbia NewsAccording to reports by Tanjug's correspondent, the Kosovo Police Service has blocked the street and investigation is underway. In addition to members of the Kosovo police, KFOR troops are also present at the scene. The motives and the identity of the ...and more »
- Kosovo Albanians flee misery for EU promised land - Yahoo News 12/02/2015Yahoo NewsKosovo Albanians flee misery for EU promised landYahoo NewsA network of Kosovo Albanian smugglers in Palic charges the migrants a hefty price for their desperate journey to the EU promised land -- primarily Germany. Kosovo declared independence from Serbia in 2008, and the predominately ethnic Albanian ...German police sent to Serbia-Hungary border […]
- Israel-Kosovo relations marked by shared sympathies, hampered by identity ... - Jerusalem Post Israel News 28/02/2015
- Albania MP Backs Farmers Selling Pot Abroad 28/02/2015Koço Kokedhima, an MP for the ruling Socialist Party, says Albanians could earn 'billions' if farmers were allowed to sell the country's 'high quality' marijuana abroad.
- Gruevski Had Opponent’s Building Flattened, Opposition 27/02/2015Macedonian opposition leader Zoran Zaev on Friday revealed a fifth batch of tapped conversations, in which the PM discusses razing a rival’s building to the ground and building a park on it.
- Kosovo Minister's Swipe at 'Privileged' Minorities Slated 27/02/2015NGOs representing minorities in Kosovo have called for the dismissal of a minister who compained that the 'privileged' position of minorities made it hard to change the constitution.
- Montenegro Police Chided Over Organized Crime Wave 27/02/2015Montenegro's parliament urged the police to do more to tackle crime gangs a day after a European Commission official said more progress needed to be seen in the drive against orgnized crime.
- Tamnava Mine Deadline Broken Without Explanation 27/02/2015While the draining of the Tamnava mine is running months late, EPS says the consortium has fulfilled its contract and will not be charged penalties.
- Chetnik Leader’s Rehabilitation Case Reopens in Belgrade 27/02/2015Rehabilitation hearings for Chetnik leader Dragoljub Mihailovic, who was convicted of high treason and Nazi collaboration in 1946, have reopened in a Belgrade court.
- Serbia Promises Imminent Strpci Abduction Indictments 27/02/2015Twenty-two years after Serb fighters seized 20 passengers from a train in Bosnia and killed them, the Serbian war crimes prosecution said that indictments will be issued in the coming days.
- Fugitive Bosnian Serb General’s Case in Limbo 27/02/2015Former Bosnian Serb general Novak Djukic fled to Serbia last year after being convicted of wartime crimes in Tuzla, but there is no indication when or if Belgrade will jail him.
- FEST to Champion Serbian Movies 27/02/2015The country’s most popular film festival, FEST, will put more emphasis on domestic productions this year as well as showing the best new movies from around the world.
- Croatia's New President Faces Questions on Bosnia Visit 27/02/2015After selecting neighbouring Bosnia for her first official visit as the new President of Croatia, Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic will face questions over her sometimes controversial views on the country's internal arrangments.
- Uber Arrives to Mixed Fanfare in Romania 27/02/2015The US mobile-app-based transportation network Uber has launched its first ridesharing service in Romania - but while many potential users are delighted, taxi drivers are less happy.
- Number of Alchoholics Causes Concern in Montenegro 27/02/2015Health ministry data suggest about 5 per cent of the population of Montenegro have a problem with the strong stuff - far more than was suggested in a WHO report three years ago.
- Commission Tightens Economic Monitoring of Croatia 27/02/2015Alarmed by macroeconomic imbalances in the Croatian economy, the European Commission is to place Croatia under strict economic monitoring.
- Mario Blejer to Advise Albania's Central Bank 26/02/2015The renowned Argentinean economist is to become an adviser to the new governor of Albania’s Central Bank, Gent Sejko, the Prime Minister has announced.
- DNA May Help Bosnia Solve Lawyer's Mystery Killing 26/02/2015DNA traces found at the crime scene may lead Bosnian police to the killer of Jasmina Koricic - who perished from a bomb planted in front of her office in the western town of Bihac.
- Albania MP Backs Farmers Selling Pot Abroad 28/02/2015
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO