PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The Constitutional Court decided that since 31 March there has been an acting President of Kosovo, which is the Assembly Speaker Krasniqi ++ The Court said in addition, that there should not be extraordinary elections ++ LDK senior official Ismet Beqiri said that the LDK MPs will not attend the Assembly session when the President will be voted – whereas Kosovo PM Thaci warns that the boycott by the opposition may lead the country to extraordinary elections and that Kosovo budget may be at risk ++ The Kosovo delegation for the Prishtina-Belgrade talks has seemingly made a compromise to receive only the verified copies of the civil registry books from Serbia ++ The head of the European Commission Jose Manual Barroso might not visit Kosovo during his Balkan next week. Diplomats think that Kosovo is avoided by international leaders because of the bad image of the Kosovo authorities ++ Read more here: Media Monitor 02.04.2011 / Broadcast Monitor 01.04.2011
- Serbia quashes talk of landmark visit by Kosovo minister - Reuters 20/04/2015ReutersSerbia quashes talk of landmark visit by Kosovo ministerReutersThaci, sentenced in absentia in 1997 to 10 years in a Serbian jail for terrorism, went on to become prime minister of Kosovo, presiding over the territory's 2008 declaration of independence from Serbia and taking part in European Union-mediated talks ...and more »
- In Kosovo, US-Funded Study Gets Response to ISIS Wrong - The Weekly Standard (blog) 20/04/2015In Kosovo, US-Funded Study Gets Response to ISIS WrongThe Weekly Standard (blog)Last month the Kosovar Center for Security Studies (KCSS), a think-tank in the Balkan republic, published a “Report Inquiring Into the Causes and Consequences of Kosovo Citizens' Involvement as Foreign Fighters in Syria and Iraq.” The survey was ...and more »
- Tony Dovolani's Inspiring Journey From Kosovo To 'DWTS' - Access Hollywood 20/04/2015Access HollywoodTony Dovolani's Inspiring Journey From Kosovo To 'DWTS'Access Hollywood“Dancing with the Stars'” Tony Dovolani opens up about his dangerous childhood in Kosovo. Plus, how did he meet his wife of 15 years, Linda Dovolani? “Dancing with the Stars” airs Mondays at 8/7c on ABC. Suzanne somers dancing with Tony dovolani for ... […]
- Thousands join anti-government protest in Kosovo - Ukraine Today 19/04/2015Ukraine TodayThousands join anti-government protest in KosovoUkraine TodayThousands of people in Kosovo's capital Pristina protested against government interference in the country's justice system and public broadcaster on Saturday. The protest was organised by the three main opposition parties who also accuse the government ...Kosovo opposition st […]
- Bach promises to personally present Kosovo its first Olympic medal - euronews 20/04/2015euronewsBach promises to personally present Kosovo its first Olympic medaleuronewsHe looks forward to Kosovo taking full part in the Olympic movement. “We could do this recognition now by using the autonomy of international sports and the IOC is recognised by the United Nations and that we are well in advanced of politics in this ...IOC's Bach pledges t […]
- A "Great Fear" in Kosovo - Huffington Post 14/04/2015A "Great Fear" in KosovoHuffington PostAuthorities in Kosovo (approximately 80 percent Muslim) and Bosnia-Herzegovina (about 45 percent Muslim) have criminalized participation in jihadist terror in Syria and Iraq and arrested alleged participants in campaigns for the "Islamic State.".
- IOC President Thomas Bach visits NOCs of Serbia and Kosovo - Olympic 18/04/2015OlympicIOC President Thomas Bach visits NOCs of Serbia and KosovoOlympicInternational Olympic Committee (IOC) President Thomas Bach visited the National Olympic Committees (NOCs) of Serbia and Kosovo on Friday for talks on Olympic Agenda 2020, the role of sport in society, and the recent recognition by the IOC of the ...Serbia and IOC patch up relations stra […]
- Kosovo leaders vow commitment to new war court - Journal of Turkish Weekly 20/04/2015Kosovo leaders vow commitment to new war courtJournal of Turkish WeeklyKosovo's president and prime minister assured a US official that they are committed to establishing a new special court which is expected to try high-ranking former Kosovo Liberation Army figures. President Atifete Jahjaga and Prime Minister Isa ...
- Kosovo: Suspect in wounding two Serbs surrenders - InSerbia News 20/04/2015Kosovo: Suspect in wounding two Serbs surrendersInSerbia News... causing general danger and illegal ownership, control and possession of weapon. The suspect has been remanded in custody for one month, Nikolic Solomon said. This incident was just one in a series that took place in north Kosovo in the last ten ...
- [Opinion] Eulex report exposes EU failure in Kosovo - EUobserver 16/04/2015EUobserver[Opinion] Eulex report exposes EU failure in KosovoEUobserverThe EU has just published an independent report on its rule of law mission in Kosovo, Eulex. It concerns a scandal which erupted last year, when an official of the mission publicly accused it of having covered up a case of judicial corruption within ...
- Serbia quashes talk of landmark visit by Kosovo minister - Reuters 20/04/2015
- Kosovo FM Thaci’s Belgrade Visit Cancelled 20/04/2015A Belgrade-based NGO which asked Kosovo Foreign Minister Hashim Thaci to visit the Serbian capital for a conference has revoked the invitation, blaming what it said was political pressure.
- Serbian Ombudsman 'Targeted by Media Attacks' 20/04/2015Serbia's rights ombudsman Sasa Jankovic said that attacks on him in the media only prove that he is doing his job.
- Albanian Media 'Struggles with Corruption Reporting' 20/04/2015A BIRN Albania report on local media's coverage of corruption says that the vast majority of its reporting boils down to the trading of accusations between political parties.
- Two Serbs Acquitted of Kosovo Policeman's Murder 20/04/2015The two Serbs were acquitted of killing policeman Enver Zymberi in an attack on a police convoy amid heightened tensions in northern Kosovo in July 2011.
- Serbian PM ‘Misused’ WWII Death Camp Anniversary 20/04/2015Serbian Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic was accused of using a speech he made at a commemoration for victims of the Croatian-run WWII Jasenovac concentration camp for his own propaganda.
- Kosovo Leaders Vow Commitment to New War Court 20/04/2015Kosovo’s president and prime minister assured a US official that they are committed to establishing a new special court which is expected to try high-ranking former Kosovo Liberation Army figures.
- Montenegro Police Urged to Solve Ex-MP's Murder 20/04/2015Montenegro's ruling party and opposition urged the police to thoroughly investigate the murder of former lawmaker Sasa Markovic, who was shot dead on Friday.
- Resignations Rock Macedonia's Junior Ruling Party 20/04/2015Three prominent members of the junior party in Macedonia's ruling coalition, including Deputy Defence Minister Arben Labenishta, have resigned amid the country's mass wiretapping crisis.
- Croatian Greens Campaign Against Adriatic Oil Drilling 20/04/2015The country's green party, Sustainable Growth of Croatia, has launched a campaign against the government's plan to start drilling for oil in the Adriatic Sea.
- Montenegro to Chair OSCE Security Cooperation Forum 20/04/2015Montenegro will take over the four-month chairmanship of the OSCE's Forum for Security Cooperation, which works on arms control and conflict prevention work in member countries.
- Romanian Hungarians Continue Demands for More Rights 20/04/2015The re-elected leader of the Democratic Union of Ethnic Hungarians from Romania said the party would continue to demand more legal, educational and cultural rights for the community it represents.
- Macedonia Opposition: PM ‘Ordered Attack on Mayor’ 20/04/2015The Macedonian Prime Minister ordered a physical attack on an opposition mayor in 2013, the opposition alleged as it revealed its latest batch of wiretapped conversations between top officials.
- Kosovo Opposition Stage Anti-Government Protest 18/04/2015Supporters of Kosovo’s three main opposition parties marched through Pristina on Saturday in a largely peaceful protest of the policies of the government of Prime Minister Isa Mustafa.
- Kosovo Opposition Parties Plan Anti-Government Protest 18/04/2015Kosovo opposition parties have united to call a joint protest against the governing coalition's policies, accusing it of taking over judicial and media institutions.
- Serbian Editor’s Sacking Raises Media Freedom Concerns 17/04/2015The sacking of Antonela Riha, a well-known Serbian journalist, has raised new concerns about pressure on the media in the country.
- Kosovo FM Thaci’s Belgrade Visit Cancelled 20/04/2015
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO