PRISTINA, Kosovo — The Kosovo daily Koha Ditore commen- ted on the first 100 days of the 2nd. Thaci government: Compared to the first 100 days of Thaci’s first mandate the current government drafted less laws and took fewer decisions. The Prime Minister’s official visits abroad were less and fewer official guests visited Kosovo. During these 100 days the Government couldn’t ensure new recognitions for Kosovo’s independence. The main increase refers to the number of government officials: An additional ministry, four additional deputy prime ministers and 20 more deputy ministers. Finally a wage increase for government employees and further budget expenses resulted in a decrease of available funds due to the breach of agreements with the IMF. The miscalcu lation concerning the privatization of the publicly owned Post Telecom Kosovo (PTK) moreover contributes to Kosovo’s financial crisis: "100-poor days of Thaci Government", the daily titles. KON/NK
- Serbia quashes talk of landmark visit by Kosovo minister - Reuters 20/04/2015ReutersSerbia quashes talk of landmark visit by Kosovo ministerReutersThaci, sentenced in absentia in 1997 to 10 years in a Serbian jail for terrorism, went on to become prime minister of Kosovo, presiding over the territory's 2008 declaration of independence from Serbia and taking part in European Union-mediated talks ...Serbia Threatens Kosovo's […]
- US Official: Kosovo Should Try Its Own Rebels - ABC News 21/04/2015US Official: Kosovo Should Try Its Own RebelsABC NewsA senior U.S. official says Kosovo must set up a court to try former ethnic Albanian guerrillas for suspected organ-trafficking and the disappearance of hundreds of Serb captives if it wants to avoid Russia and Serbia dealing with the issue at the ...and more »
- In Kosovo, US-Funded Study Gets Response to ISIS Wrong - The Weekly Standard (blog) 20/04/2015In Kosovo, US-Funded Study Gets Response to ISIS WrongThe Weekly Standard (blog)Last month the Kosovar Center for Security Studies (KCSS), a think-tank in the Balkan republic, published a “Report Inquiring Into the Causes and Consequences of Kosovo Citizens' Involvement as Foreign Fighters in Syria and Iraq.” The survey was ...and more »
- Tony Dovolani's Inspiring Journey From Kosovo To 'DWTS' - Access Hollywood 20/04/2015Access HollywoodTony Dovolani's Inspiring Journey From Kosovo To 'DWTS'Access Hollywood“Dancing with the Stars'” Tony Dovolani opens up about his dangerous childhood in Kosovo. Plus, how did he meet his wife of 15 years, Linda Dovolani? “Dancing with the Stars” airs Mondays at 8/7c on ABC. Suzanne somers dancing with Tony dovolani for ... […]
- Armed Men With UCK Insignia Seize Macedonian Border Post Near Kosovo - RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty 21/04/2015RadioFreeEurope/RadioLibertyArmed Men With UCK Insignia Seize Macedonian Border Post Near KosovoRadioFreeEurope/RadioLibertyAround 40 armed men wearing the insignia of a disbanded ethnic Albanian paramilitary group, the Kosovo Liberation Army (UCK), have attacked a border post in northern Macedonia, detaining four Macedonian border officials for about an hou […]
- Thousands join anti-government protest in Kosovo - Ukraine Today 19/04/2015Ukraine TodayThousands join anti-government protest in KosovoUkraine TodayThousands of people in Kosovo's capital Pristina protested against government interference in the country's justice system and public broadcaster on Saturday. The protest was organised by the three main opposition parties who also accuse the government ...Kosovo opposition st […]
- A "Great Fear" in Kosovo - Huffington Post 14/04/2015A "Great Fear" in KosovoHuffington PostAuthorities in Kosovo (approximately 80 percent Muslim) and Bosnia-Herzegovina (about 45 percent Muslim) have criminalized participation in jihadist terror in Syria and Iraq and arrested alleged participants in campaigns for the "Islamic State.".
- Kosovo: Radic, Vlaskovic not guilty for murder of Zumberi - InSerbia News 21/04/2015InSerbia NewsKosovo: Radic, Vlaskovic not guilty for murder of ZumberiInSerbia NewsKOSOVSKA MITROVICA – A three-member panel of EULEX judges found on Monday Radovan Radic and Milovan Vlaskovic of Zubin Potok, northern Kosovo-Metohija (KiM), not guilty for the murder of Enver Zumberi, member of the Kosovo special police unit ...Two Serbs cleared in case of mu […]
- Bach promises to personally present Kosovo its first Olympic medal - euronews 20/04/2015euronewsBach promises to personally present Kosovo its first Olympic medaleuronewsHe looks forward to Kosovo taking full part in the Olympic movement. “We could do this recognition now by using the autonomy of international sports and the IOC is recognised by the United Nations and that we are well in advanced of politics in this ...IOC's Bach pledges t […]
- Kosovo leaders vow commitment to new war court - Journal of Turkish Weekly 20/04/2015Kosovo leaders vow commitment to new war courtJournal of Turkish WeeklyKosovo's president and prime minister assured a US official that they are committed to establishing a new special court which is expected to try high-ranking former Kosovo Liberation Army figures. President Atifete Jahjaga and Prime Minister Isa ...
- Serbia quashes talk of landmark visit by Kosovo minister - Reuters 20/04/2015
- Bosnia Exults as EU Activates Stability Deal 21/04/2015EU Council has finally activated Bosnia's long-stalled Stabilization and Association Agreement, SAA - marking a milestone on the country's road to eventual EU membership.
- Popovic Wins Case Against Montenegro Rights Activist 21/04/2015A Montenegrin court has found MANS chief Vanja Calovic guilty of defaming former Serbian official Vladimir 'Beba' Popovic - and has ordered her to pay a fine.
- Support Swells for Macedonian Pupils' Protest Rally 21/04/2015Teachers and university students have expressed support for Thursday's planned protest by high school pupils in Skopje against the planned introduction of externally supervised exams.
- Romania Parties Ponder Changes to Election Laws 21/04/2015While all the main political forces in Romania appear to agree on the need to change the elections law, a consensus on what needs to be done still eludes them.
- Uber's Advent Angers Croatian Taxi Drivers 21/04/2015The taxi application Uber's announced arrival in Zagreb is alarming local taxi drivers, drawing complaints about unfair competition in an already over-saturated market.
- Kosovo FM Thaci’s Belgrade Visit Cancelled 20/04/2015A Belgrade-based NGO which asked Kosovo Foreign Minister Hashim Thaci to visit the Serbian capital for a conference has revoked the invitation, blaming what it said was political pressure.
- Serbian Ombudsman 'Targeted by Media Attacks' 20/04/2015Serbia's rights ombudsman Sasa Jankovic said that attacks on him in the media only prove that he is doing his job.
- Albanian Media 'Struggles with Corruption Reporting' 20/04/2015A BIRN Albania report on local media's coverage of corruption says that the vast majority of its reporting boils down to the trading of accusations between political parties.
- Two Serbs Acquitted of Kosovo Policeman's Murder 20/04/2015The two Serbs were acquitted of killing policeman Enver Zymberi in an attack on a police convoy amid heightened tensions in northern Kosovo in July 2011.
- Serbian PM ‘Misused’ WWII Death Camp Anniversary 20/04/2015Serbian Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic was accused of using a speech he made at a commemoration for victims of the Croatian-run WWII Jasenovac concentration camp for his own propaganda.
- Kosovo Leaders Vow Commitment to New War Court 20/04/2015Kosovo’s president and prime minister assured a US official that they are committed to establishing a new special court which is expected to try high-ranking former Kosovo Liberation Army figures.
- Montenegro Police Urged to Solve Ex-MP's Murder 20/04/2015Montenegro's ruling party and opposition urged the police to thoroughly investigate the murder of former lawmaker Sasa Markovic, who was shot dead on Friday.
- Resignations Rock Macedonia's Junior Ruling Party 20/04/2015Three prominent members of the junior party in Macedonia's ruling coalition, including Deputy Defence Minister Arben Labenishta, have resigned amid the country's mass wiretapping crisis.
- Croatian Greens Campaign Against Adriatic Oil Drilling 20/04/2015The country's green party, Sustainable Growth of Croatia, has launched a campaign against the government's plan to start drilling for oil in the Adriatic Sea.
- Montenegro to Chair OSCE Security Cooperation Forum 20/04/2015Montenegro will take over the four-month chairmanship of the OSCE's Forum for Security Cooperation, which works on arms control and conflict prevention work in member countries.
- Bosnia Exults as EU Activates Stability Deal 21/04/2015
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO