- EU prospect "cure for Balkans"; Serbia "against" Kosovo army - B92 31/03/2015B92EU prospect "cure for Balkans"; Serbia "against" Kosovo armyB92"Serbia's Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic, Kosovo's Prime Minister Hashim Thaci and EU High Representative Catherine Ashton were at the NATO headquarters when they signed the Brussels agreement and NATO officials gave them guarantees that no ...Dacic: Serbia […]
- Can Kosovo's biggest university sweep away its rampant graft? - Christian Science Monitor 31/03/2015Christian Science MonitorCan Kosovo's biggest university sweep away its rampant graft?Christian Science MonitorBut since becoming rector of Kosovo's largest public university in September, he has gone after graft with the precision of his profession, implementing a wide range of reforms in how the university is run. And these reforms are impacting […]
- Kosovo's ruling DPK draws up resolution on genocide against Albanians - InSerbia News 31/03/2015InSerbia NewsKosovo's ruling DPK draws up resolution on genocide against AlbaniansInSerbia NewsThe Serb community in Kosovo, which has been boycotting the work of the government and assembly since February 3, will be most harmed by the resolution, vice president of the Kosovo Assembly and representative of the parliamentary group “6 plus” Duda ...' […]
- Kosovo's entrepreneurs hope for brighter future - BBC News 26/03/2015BBC NewsKosovo's entrepreneurs hope for brighter futureBBC NewsIt is only just past nine in the morning - the staff are still taking the chairs off the tables at the pub in the centre of Kosovo's capital Pristina - and Alban Ibrahimi is keen to start drinking. But the shots the Kosovan entrepreneur has in mind are ...and more »
- Kosovo's Winter of Discontent - Nouse 28/03/2015NouseKosovo's Winter of DiscontentNouseMany have been referring to the ongoing protests that have unfolded in Pristina this January as Kosovo's “Winter of Discontent”. But just like any situation that includes political and social upheaval, it needs a good catalyst for the domino effect to ...
- First Serbian politician accepts invitation to Kosovo - EurActiv 26/03/2015EurActivFirst Serbian politician accepts invitation to KosovoEurActivSerbian Foreign Minister Ivica Dačić became the first government official to visit Pristina at Kosovo's invitation since the territory unilaterally declared independence from Belgrade in 2008. Dačić attended a Western Balkans conference on creating the ...NATO, EU, Kosovo and US flags […]
- Leaving Kosovo: Exodus of young people as frustration soars - BBC News 22/03/2015BBC NewsLeaving Kosovo: Exodus of young people as frustration soarsBBC NewsFairy lights twinkle, a mixture of Albanian and English-language hits play over the sound system and the 20-somethings gathered around the tables regularly break into laughter. But the joviality papers over a grim reality for these young people. Kosovo ...and more »
- Why countries that recognize Palestinian statehood turn their backs on Kosovo - Quartz 20/03/2015QuartzWhy countries that recognize Palestinian statehood turn their backs on KosovoQuartzNearby Albania and Kosovo are arguably Europe's “most Islamic” countries, when excluding Turkey. In Albania, 56.7% of the population adheres to Sunni Islam. And although exact numbers aren't available for Kosovo, one of the world's youngest countries, ... […]
- Ex-military intel chief heads Kosovo talks coordination - B92 30/03/2015B92Ex-military intel chief heads Kosovo talks coordinationB92Serbian Government Office for Kosovo and Metohija head Marko Djuric announced previously that the government would set up a new office to coordinate issues related to the Kosovo talks "in order to strengthen all state capacities and gather together all ...Kosovo Serb 'civil protection […]
- Kosovars Who Fought for Land Are Now Eager to Leave - New York Times 07/03/2015B92Kosovars Who Fought for Land Are Now Eager to LeaveNew York TimesSTANOVC, Kosovo — The extended Cakaj family has built a few dozen homes here, along Tony Blair Street, between the Dubai supermarket and the French peacekeepers base, in a clannish faith that closeness would bring security. But recently the family of ...Serb participation in Kosovo instituti […]
- EU prospect "cure for Balkans"; Serbia "against" Kosovo army - B92 31/03/2015
- Romania Detains Son of Ex-President of Moldova 01/04/2015As Romania's anti-corruption crackdown continues, a Bucharest court placed businessman Sergiu Lucinschi in custody on suspicion of trying to extract a bribe of 4 million euro.
- Bosnia Beats Deadline to Form New Governments 01/04/2015After six months of political wrangling that took the country to the edge of the abyss, Bosnia and Herzegovina finally got new state-level and Federation entity governments.
- Serbia ‘Will Not Deport Seselj by Force’ 01/04/2015The Serbian government said it will not forcibly arrest war crimes defendant Vojislav Seselj and hopes the Serbian Radical Party leader will return to detention at the Hague Tribunal voluntarily.
- Croatia President Backs Compulsory Military Service 01/04/2015Croatian President Kolinda Grabar Kitarovic has lent backing to the idea of reintroducing compulsory military service, which some analysts see as potentially useful.
- Albania Police Chief Quits Over Extradition Fiasco 31/03/2015Albanian police chief Artan Didi quit on Tuesday after two officials from Tirana's Interpol office were detained, accused of hiding an extradition request from Belgium for MP Mark Frroku - who is wanted for murder.
- Romania Warned Against Dangers of Tax Cuts 31/03/2015Romania's Fiscal Council has echoed warnings made earlier by the IMF that the centre-left government’s plans to cut taxes will throw the economy off course.
- Croatian Wartime General Branimir Glavas Released 31/03/2015Retired general and former lawmaker Glavas was released from prison, where he was being held on remand while awaiting retrial for alleged war crimes against Serbs.
- Serbian Fighters’ Kosovo Massacre Convictions Overturned 31/03/2015A verdict convicting nine former Serbian fighters of killing more than 118 Albanians near the Kosovo town of Pec/Peja in 1999 was annulled and the case sent for retrial.
- Croats Hit by Soaring Swiss Franc Call Protest 31/03/2015A lobby group for Croats hit by the sharp rise in the value of the franc has scheduled a street protest in April, demanding that the governor of the national bank, HNB, step down.
- Montenegro Arrests Fans for Football Violence 31/03/2015Police arrested two fans suspected of throwing a flare at Russian goalkeeper during last Friday's abandoned qualifier, as football association awaits UEFA disciplinary ruling.
- Serbia PM: Seselj Being Used to Punish Belgrade 31/03/2015Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic said the Hague Tribunal’s decision to release Serbian Radical Party leader Vojislav Seselj and then recall him to custody was intended to undermine his government.
- Anti-Putin Tirade Worsens Russia-Romania Relations 31/03/2015Romania's cool relations with Russia are under further strain following a controversy over an article blasting President Vladimir Putin, published by a Romanian website.
- Feud Poses Threat to Bosnian Serb Leadership 31/03/2015The government of the Bosnian Serb entity, Republika Srpska, could be left without a majority owing to a growing feud between Milorad Dodik and one his party's leading figures.
- Fans of Zagreb's Embattled Mayor Form New Party 31/03/2015He may be fighting off corruption charges that could result in a jail term - but that did not stop supporters of Mayor Milan Bandic from forming a new party in Zagreb last Saturday.
- Ex-Minister Sets Sights on Mayoralty of Tirana 31/03/2015Gjergj Bojaxhi, a former deputy minister of energy, on Monday launched his campaign to become the Albanian capital's new mayor, running on a ticket as independent.
- Romania Detains Son of Ex-President of Moldova 01/04/2015
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO
Search Results for: census
PRISTINA, KOSOVO – Not even 2 million people are living in Kosovo. After the registration of 98 percent of the resident population, first figures – spread by press and broadcasting media – indicate that about 1,8 million persons were counted. … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The long planned and awaited census of the Kosovan population seems to face ongoing confusion about its implementa-tion in the Serb dominated northern part of Kosovo. While beforehand government officials stated, that the UN organization UNOPS will … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — Kosovo Defense Minister Ceku said, “It should be clear that the KSF does not fulfill the Kosovo’s security requests and needs. Certainly in the meantime there will be a need to establish full military capacities …” ++ Serb … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — LDK MP Lutfi Haziri criticized the Government of Kosovo concerning the civil registry compromise, reminding that Serbia offered these copies of the registry books already at the former talks in Vienna, but refused a hand over later on … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — Vetevendosje parliament members disregarded the Constitutional Court ruling and left the Assembly hall right after the budget 2011 was approved. LDK and AAK stated, they will do the same … opposition political parties unanimously said that they will … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — As assessed by Pieter Everaer from EUROSTAT, Kosovo is ready for the census. Everaers at a press conference confirmed that the census will start on April 1 until April 15 … extensions are possible caused by the … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The 2nd. round of talks is expected to continue today … issues to be treated include: registry books, energy and customs seals ++ … problems have accrued during the preparation process which have not been foreseen … … Continue reading
IOWA / PRISTINA / BELGRADE — Gov. Terry Branstad has announced a new partnership between Iowa and Kosovo involving the Iowa National Guard. The program is part of an effort to link the Guard with partner countries to foster mutual … Continue reading
PRISTINA / PRISHTINA ++ Snowboard Cup Lands in Kosovo: Brezovica will be hosting Kosovo’s first Snowboard Cross competition in March, bringing top athletes and a host of cultural events to the country’s slopes … ++ KFOR to Halve Troop Numbers in Kosovo: … Continue reading
PRISTINA / PRISHTINA ++ Serbia Prosecutor Backs Del Ponte Role in Organ Trade Probe: Serbia’s war crimes prosecutor supports the initiative of Carla del Ponte, former chief prosecutor at the Hague, to take part in the investigation into alleged organ trafficking … Continue reading