- Citing Russia and IS threat, Kosovo urges faster EU expansion - Reuters 03/03/2015ReutersCiting Russia and IS threat, Kosovo urges faster EU expansionReutersThaci, the first prime minister of independent Kosovo until last year, told Reuters he hoped for tangible results in the coming months, such as a new EU visa regime for Kosovo. "It is the moment when Brussels should move from rhetoric and nice words ...Kosovo wants to curb mass m […]
- France's recognition of Kosovo was "historic mistake" - MEP - B92 02/03/2015B92France's recognition of Kosovo was "historic mistake" - MEPB92"Unfortunately, everything seems to be a continuation of what was taking place in 1999, at the time of the illegal NATO war against Serbia, whose aim was to support the separatism of the Albanians in Kosovo, who have become a majority in this territory ...Kosovo authorities […]
- ISIS recruitment in Kosovo - Middle East Monitor 02/03/2015Middle East MonitorISIS recruitment in KosovoMiddle East MonitorKosovo is the youngest republic in Europe, proclaiming itself to be independent of Serbia in 2008. Today it seems to have become fertile recruiting ground for ISIS. During 2014, dozens of people were arrested for suspected terrorist activity and more ...Kosovo Cracks Down on Albanian ISIS Agents […]
- Another US 'Success Story': The Creation and Abandonment of Kosovo - Antiwar.com 28/02/2015Another US 'Success Story': The Creation and Abandonment of KosovoAntiwar.comOnce this dependence was established, as it was in Kosovo, Bulgaria, Poland (which did not need much coaxing) and the Baltic Republics, the U.S. could, as Rumsfeld famously let slip in 2003, play the new Europe off against the old Europe and, in this ...
- The disaster of Kosovo should be a warning to all humanitarian interventionists - The Week Magazine 10/02/2015The Week MagazineThe disaster of Kosovo should be a warning to all humanitarian interventionistsThe Week MagazineIt's been almost 16 years since a NATO coalition banded together to defeat Serbia's Slobodan Milošević in Kosovo. Ever since, it has been exhibit A in the case for “humanitarian intervention.” A swift short war, a thug removed from power […]
- Germany Grapples With Surge of Migrants From Kosovo - Wall Street Journal 19/02/2015Wall Street JournalGermany Grapples With Surge of Migrants From KosovoWall Street JournalGERMERING, Germany— Valmir Sahiti, 25 years old, has spent the last two weeks living in a nursing home in the long-shot hope of a new life. Mr. Sahiti, an asylum-seeker from Kosovo, is staying with five relatives in a makeshift refugee center set up ...Poverty forces a m […]
- Kosovo Albanians flee misery for EU promised land - Yahoo News 12/02/2015Yahoo NewsKosovo Albanians flee misery for EU promised landYahoo NewsPalic (Serbia) (AFP) - The town of Palic in northern Serbia is grappling with an exodus of impoverished Kosovo Albanians who are using the small summer resort as a transit point for a better life in the EU. In recent weeks, hotels and villas scattered ...German police sent to Serbia-Hungary […]
- World Bank Supports Kosovo in Extending Internet in Rural Areas - World Bank Group 26/02/2015World Bank Supports Kosovo in Extending Internet in Rural AreasWorld Bank GroupPRISHTINA, February 26, 2015 – Unleashing development opportunities in rural Kosovo requires access to communication infrastructure and information. In this vein, the World Bank and the Ministry of Economic Development of Kosovo have officially ...
- Kosovo-EU migration turns into political point scoring in Serbia - Deutsche Welle 23/02/2015Deutsche WelleKosovo-EU migration turns into political point scoring in SerbiaDeutsche WelleThey have a long bus ride out of Kosovo's capital, Pristina, behind them. Now, they want to get to Subotica, a Serbian city in the far north, just kilometers from the Hungarian border. Beyond that begins the Schengen Area, where there are no more ...Kosovo: Forme […]
- Kosovo's joy now despair on anniversary of independence - The Denver Post 17/02/2015EurActivKosovo's joy now despair on anniversary of independenceThe Denver PostPRISTINA, Kosovo (AP) — Jubilant throngs gathered around gigantic letters spelling "NEWBORN," when Kosovo declared independence from Serbia seven years ago. Today, there's a new national symbol: The bus stop where hundreds of people gather ...Kosovo emptying out […]
- Citing Russia and IS threat, Kosovo urges faster EU expansion - Reuters 03/03/2015
- Belgrade Indicts Five Serbs for Strpci War Crime 03/03/2015The Belgrade prosecution indicted five former Bosnian Serb fighters for killing 20 passengers who were abducted from a train in Strpci in Bosnia 22 years ago.
- Serbian Gendarmerie Members Charged With Assault 03/03/2015Eight members of the Gendarmerie have been charged with involvement in the assault on the brother of the Serbian Prime Minister.
- 'Nacional' Editor Slates Pukanic Verdict in Belgrade 03/03/2015The editor of the Croatian weekly, Nacional, has criticised Monday's ruling by a Belgrade court on the murder of Ivo Pukanic, the magazine's former editor, calling it a whitewash.
- PM Vucic Opens Business Forum in Serbia 03/03/2015The future of Serbia's troubled state enterprises is likely to top the agenda at the Kopaonik Business Forum, which opened on Tuesday and brings together businessmen, economists, politicians and ambassadors.
- Romanians Split Over School Divinity Classes 03/03/2015Romanian Orthodox Church backs drive to enrol children in religious studies classes, after the courts said pupils had to opt in, rather than opt out, of them.
- New Tapes Leave Macedonia Minister Red-Faced 03/03/2015Finance Minister Zoran Stavreski said wiretapped recordings in which he appears to describe the Prime Minister's economic policy as 'mad' were selective and aimed at sowing division in the cabinet.
- Macedonia Opposition: Covert Tapes Reveal 'Economic Chaos' 02/03/2015Macedonia's opposition leader said covertly-recorded conversations between senior officials proved the government was concealing its economic mismanagement, wild spending and soaring debt.
- Croatia's Governing SDP Sets Election Strategy 02/03/2015The Social Democratic Party has chosen the slogan “Forwards, not backwards” for the upcoming Croatian parliamentary elections and will campaign on a reformist, job-creating agenda.
- US to Deport 150 Bosnians Over War Crimes 02/03/2015Immigration officials in the United States are planning to deport over 150 Bosnians who they suspect of participating in war crimes during the 1990s conflict, media reports said.
- Albanian Public Debt Reaches New Heights 02/03/2015Government-held debt increased by 622 million euro in 2014, while debt as a percentage of GDP reached 69.1 per cent, the highest figure in more than 15 years.
- Disputes Simmer Over Bosnian Independence Day 02/03/2015The 23rd anniversary of the referendum on Bosnia’s independence from the former Yugoslavia again highlighted the ethnic and political divisions that still run deep in the country.
- Collapse of Bosnia’s Ruling Coalition Deepens Crisis 02/03/2015Talks about the formation of the new government in the Bosniak-Croat Federation hit a dead-end, threatening a previous agreement on the distribution of seats in the state administration.
- Romania to Appoint New Spy Chief 02/03/2015Eduard Hellvig, a member of the European Parliament, looks set to become the new director of Romania’s main intelligence service.
- Macedonia PM Denies Planning Violence Against Opposition 02/03/2015Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski denied that his ruling party is getting ready for possible violence against the opposition, which is demanding the government’s resignation over a mass eavesdropping scandal.
- Sarajevo Plans New Wartime Siege Museum 02/03/2015A park in the city centre has been set aside for the construction of a multimedia museum dedicated to the city’s siege by Bosnian Serb forces between 1992 and 1995.
- Belgrade Indicts Five Serbs for Strpci War Crime 03/03/2015
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO
Search Results for: census
PRISTINA, KOSOVO – Not even 2 million people are living in Kosovo. After the registration of 98 percent of the resident population, first figures – spread by press and broadcasting media – indicate that about 1,8 million persons were counted. … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The long planned and awaited census of the Kosovan population seems to face ongoing confusion about its implementa-tion in the Serb dominated northern part of Kosovo. While beforehand government officials stated, that the UN organization UNOPS will … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — Kosovo Defense Minister Ceku said, “It should be clear that the KSF does not fulfill the Kosovo’s security requests and needs. Certainly in the meantime there will be a need to establish full military capacities …” ++ Serb … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — LDK MP Lutfi Haziri criticized the Government of Kosovo concerning the civil registry compromise, reminding that Serbia offered these copies of the registry books already at the former talks in Vienna, but refused a hand over later on … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — Vetevendosje parliament members disregarded the Constitutional Court ruling and left the Assembly hall right after the budget 2011 was approved. LDK and AAK stated, they will do the same … opposition political parties unanimously said that they will … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — As assessed by Pieter Everaer from EUROSTAT, Kosovo is ready for the census. Everaers at a press conference confirmed that the census will start on April 1 until April 15 … extensions are possible caused by the … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The 2nd. round of talks is expected to continue today … issues to be treated include: registry books, energy and customs seals ++ … problems have accrued during the preparation process which have not been foreseen … … Continue reading
IOWA / PRISTINA / BELGRADE — Gov. Terry Branstad has announced a new partnership between Iowa and Kosovo involving the Iowa National Guard. The program is part of an effort to link the Guard with partner countries to foster mutual … Continue reading
PRISTINA / PRISHTINA ++ Snowboard Cup Lands in Kosovo: Brezovica will be hosting Kosovo’s first Snowboard Cross competition in March, bringing top athletes and a host of cultural events to the country’s slopes … ++ KFOR to Halve Troop Numbers in Kosovo: … Continue reading
PRISTINA / PRISHTINA ++ Serbia Prosecutor Backs Del Ponte Role in Organ Trade Probe: Serbia’s war crimes prosecutor supports the initiative of Carla del Ponte, former chief prosecutor at the Hague, to take part in the investigation into alleged organ trafficking … Continue reading