- UN envoy urges Kosovo to establish war crimes court - Yahoo News 27/05/2015UN News CentreUN envoy urges Kosovo to establish war crimes courtYahoo NewsUNITED NATIONS (AP) — The U.N. envoy for Kosovo urged the government on Tuesday to move swiftly to establish a court to investigate crimes committed by ethnic Albanian rebels during the country's 1998-99 war of independence from Serbia. Farid Zarif ...Serbia and Kosovo must not s […]
- Czech unit in Kosovo comes under fire - Prague Post 25/05/2015Prague PostCzech unit in Kosovo comes under firePrague PostPrague, May 25 (ČTK) — An unknown perpetrator opened fire on the vehicles of the Czech police unit in Kosovo Sunday, but no one was wounded, the Czech Police Presidium said on its website today. Four Czech and one German police officers and an ...
- People in KLA uniforms seen in Kosovo town - B92 26/05/2015B92People in KLA uniforms seen in Kosovo townB92People in KLA uniforms seen in Kosovo town. One of the leaders of a group that carried out a terrorist attack in Kumanovo, Macedonia, Beg Rizaj, has been buried in the town of Decani in Kosovo. Source: B92 Monday, May 25, 2015 | 09:05 ...
- Skopje returns nine bodies from Kumanovo clashes to Kosovo - Deutsche Welle 22/05/2015Deutsche WelleSkopje returns nine bodies from Kumanovo clashes to KosovoDeutsche WelleThe head of the Kosovo's institute of medical forensics told reporters in the capital, Pristina, that the return of the bodies had been made possible after relatives had traveled to the Macedonian capital, Skopje, to identify them. Kosovo public ...Pristina: relatives […]
- President's Kosovo platform won't be published - B92 26/05/2015B92President's Kosovo platform won't be publishedB92President's Kosovo platform won't be published. The president's cabinet will not publish the text of Tomislav Nikolic's platform for Kosovo and Metohija, which he recently sent to the prime minister. Source: Tanjug Tuesday, May 26, 2015 | 09:30 ...
- Boxing: Gold for Barton in Kosovo - Berwick Today 26/05/2015Berwick TodayBoxing: Gold for Barton in KosovoBerwick TodayBerwick boxer Mitchell Barton won a gold medal with Team Scotland at the Lah Nimani Tournament in Kosovo at the weekend. Barton, who is a super heavyweight, swept aside the challenge and recorded a unanimous points decision over Hungarian ...
- Dnevnik, Macedonia: Kumanovo terrorist buried with honours in Kosovo - Focus News 26/05/2015Yahoo NewsDnevnik, Macedonia: Kumanovo terrorist buried with honours in KosovoFocus NewsSkopje. One of the terrorists killed during the attack in the Macedonian town of Kumanovo was buried with military honours in Kosovo, Macedonian Dnevnik daily writes. According to the newspaper, this was Beg Rizaj, who was buried with special military ...Thousands of Koso […]
- Serbia Premier Signals Shift on Kosovo - Wall Street Journal (blog) 08/05/2015Wall Street Journal (blog)Serbia Premier Signals Shift on KosovoWall Street Journal (blog)Serbian Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic has signaled he could propose changes to the country's constitution that would include stripping out a reference to Kosovo as a Serbian province and could help its bid for European Union membership. While the ...Serbia won […]
- Armed clashes on Macedonia-Kosovo border: five police killed - Telegraph.co.uk 09/05/2015Telegraph.co.ukArmed clashes on Macedonia-Kosovo border: five police killedTelegraph.co.ukHowever, local media suggested they came from neighbouring Kosovo, populated mostly by ethnic Albanians. In 2001, Macedonia's ethnic Albanian rebels staged an insurgency in the Balkans country. During Saturday's police operation in Kumanovo, ...Analysts: Viole […]
- FM to attend UNSC to meeting on Kosovo - B92 25/05/2015B92FM to attend UNSC to meeting on KosovoB92According to Tanjug, "Dacic will present an assessment of the current situation in Kosovo and Metohija and reiterate that UNMIK is crucial for Serbia, since the UN framework, based on UNSC Resolution 1244, guarantees the status neutrality of ...UNSC to meet on Kosovo TuesdayInSerbia Newsall 2 news articles »
- UN envoy urges Kosovo to establish war crimes court - Yahoo News 27/05/2015
- Former Kosovo Fighters Salute Men Killed in Kumanovo 26/05/2015Veterans' organizations organized a solemn wake and burial in Pristina for the nine Kosovars and one Macedonian Albanian killed in the fighting in Macedonia two weeks ago, calling them national heroes.
- Kosovo Serbs Rush to be Judges in the North 26/05/2015Following reports that no one in the Serb-run north of Kosovo had applied for the new posts created by a January Kosovo-Serbia agreement on justice in the area, candidates are now applying in significant numbers.
- Bosnia’s Notorious Trnopolje Jail Camp Remembered 26/05/2015The detention camp in Trnopolje near Prijedor gained global notoriety and became a symbol of the brutality of the war after a British TV station broadcast images of gaunt men behind barbed wire.
- Montenegro Firms Spy Business Opportunities in NATO 26/05/2015A conference on business opportunities in NATO heard that military, food and tourism industries all stand to benefit after 25 local companies were awarded a prized certificate.
- Serbia Told to Send Seselj to The Hague 26/05/2015The UN-backed war crimes court has told the Belgrade authorities to send Serbian Radical Party leader Vojislav Seselj back to detention after he breached the terms of his temporary release.
- Macedonia Crisis Talks Halt Without Resolution 26/05/2015There was little sign of progress at Tuesday's third round of internationally-brokered talks aimed at finding a way out of Macedonia's ongoing political turmoil.
- Bosnia Police Probe Price on Politicians' Heads 26/05/2015A post on a social network offering 100,000 euro for the life of Milorad Dodik, the president of the Bosnia's mainly Serbian entity, has triggered fresh debate about security threats.
- Romania Starts Major Naval Drill in Black Sea 26/05/2015A joint naval exercise codenamed Trident Poseidon 2015 has started in the Black Sea involving 12 Romanian vessels and an American destroyer.
- Montenegrins Battle to Save Endangered Dolphins 26/05/2015A group of Montenegrin scientists are battling to protect the habitat of dolphins in the Albanian part of the Adriatic Sea, warning that the species is vanishing at an alarming rate.
- Croatian PM Announces 'New Economic Development Model' 25/05/2015Croatian Prime Minister Zoran Milanovic said that the country’s future economic growth would not be based on infrastructure projects, but on competitiveness and productivity.
- Albania Parties Trade Allegations as Poll Campaign Starts 25/05/2015Allegations of vote-buying and police harassment marred the beginning of the campaign for the local elections in Albania on June 21.
- Beating of Critical Macedonian Journalist Condemned 25/05/2015The owner of a Macedonian news portal, Sase Ivanovski, was beaten up by masked men – the third violent incident involving journalists in the politically-tense country this month.
- Romanians Linked to HSBC Scandal Face Probe 25/05/2015The Romanian financial authorities are to investigate around 50 Romanians who held secret accounts in the Swiss arm of Britain's HSBC bank.
- Journalists Slam Russian Ban on Serbian Reporter 25/05/2015Serbian journalists’ associations condemned Moscow’s decision to ban investigative reporter Stevan Dojcinovic from visiting Russia for the next 15 years.
- Serb Paramilitary ‘Captain Dragan’ Set for Extradition 25/05/2015The Croatian justice ministry confirmed that former Serb paramilitary leader Dragan Vasiljkovic will be extradited from Australia to Croatia by July 15 to stand trial for alleged war crimes.
- Former Kosovo Fighters Salute Men Killed in Kumanovo 26/05/2015
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO
Search Results for: census
PRISTINA, KOSOVO – Not even 2 million people are living in Kosovo. After the registration of 98 percent of the resident population, first figures – spread by press and broadcasting media – indicate that about 1,8 million persons were counted. … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The long planned and awaited census of the Kosovan population seems to face ongoing confusion about its implementa-tion in the Serb dominated northern part of Kosovo. While beforehand government officials stated, that the UN organization UNOPS will … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — Kosovo Defense Minister Ceku said, “It should be clear that the KSF does not fulfill the Kosovo’s security requests and needs. Certainly in the meantime there will be a need to establish full military capacities …” ++ Serb … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — LDK MP Lutfi Haziri criticized the Government of Kosovo concerning the civil registry compromise, reminding that Serbia offered these copies of the registry books already at the former talks in Vienna, but refused a hand over later on … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — Vetevendosje parliament members disregarded the Constitutional Court ruling and left the Assembly hall right after the budget 2011 was approved. LDK and AAK stated, they will do the same … opposition political parties unanimously said that they will … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — As assessed by Pieter Everaer from EUROSTAT, Kosovo is ready for the census. Everaers at a press conference confirmed that the census will start on April 1 until April 15 … extensions are possible caused by the … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The 2nd. round of talks is expected to continue today … issues to be treated include: registry books, energy and customs seals ++ … problems have accrued during the preparation process which have not been foreseen … … Continue reading
IOWA / PRISTINA / BELGRADE — Gov. Terry Branstad has announced a new partnership between Iowa and Kosovo involving the Iowa National Guard. The program is part of an effort to link the Guard with partner countries to foster mutual … Continue reading
PRISTINA / PRISHTINA ++ Snowboard Cup Lands in Kosovo: Brezovica will be hosting Kosovo’s first Snowboard Cross competition in March, bringing top athletes and a host of cultural events to the country’s slopes … ++ KFOR to Halve Troop Numbers in Kosovo: … Continue reading
PRISTINA / PRISHTINA ++ Serbia Prosecutor Backs Del Ponte Role in Organ Trade Probe: Serbia’s war crimes prosecutor supports the initiative of Carla del Ponte, former chief prosecutor at the Hague, to take part in the investigation into alleged organ trafficking … Continue reading