- Islamic State exploits poverty and ignorance in Kosovo - EurActiv 22/04/2015EurActivIslamic State exploits poverty and ignorance in KosovoEurActivAs the Islamic State's attempt to carve out a new caliphate in Syria and Iraq continues, the terrorist organisation has found a fertile source for recruits in poverty-stricken Kosovo. An estimated 200 Kosovo Albanians have joined jihadi groups in Syria ...
- Macedonia says Kosovo gunmen take police hostage overnight, call for ... - Reuters 21/04/2015ReutersMacedonia says Kosovo gunmen take police hostage overnight, call for ...ReutersSKOPJE (Reuters) - Macedonia said on Tuesday 40 armed men in camouflage uniforms and speaking Albanian had crossed from neighboring Kosovo and taken several police officers hostage overnight, calling for the creation of "an Albanian state".Macedonian police: Borde […]
- US Official: Kosovo Should Try Its Own Rebels - ABC News 21/04/2015Voice of AmericaUS Official: Kosovo Should Try Its Own RebelsABC NewsA senior U.S. official says Kosovo must set up a court to try former ethnic Albanian guerrillas for suspected organ-trafficking and the disappearance of hundreds of Serb captives if it wants to avoid Russia and Serbia dealing with the issue at the ...West tells Kosovo to create court to hea […]
- Serbia Threatens Kosovo's Foreign Minister With Arrest - RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty 17/04/2015Yahoo! Maktoob NewsSerbia Threatens Kosovo's Foreign Minister With ArrestRadioFreeEurope/RadioLibertyThaci was the former leader of the ethnic Albanian Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA), the guerrilla group that fought against Serbian forces during the 1998-1999 Kosovo conflict. Thaci also oversaw Kosovo's declaration of independence in 2008 and has bee […]
- Tahiri: Serbia has committed genocide in Kosovo - InSerbia News 24/04/2015InSerbia NewsTahiri: Serbia has committed genocide in KosovoInSerbia NewsHowever, there is stagnation in implementing the agreement because the history between two countries is being built after Serbia's genocide in Kosovo. “Sometimes we must refrain from saying this, but Serbia has committed genocide in Kosovo”, said Tahiri.
- Serbs to return to Kosovo assembly, government - B92 24/04/2015B92Serbs to return to Kosovo assembly, governmentB92One of the main reasons behind the return of the Serb representatives to the Kosovo assembly and government is an agreement under which there will be no unilateral moves by coalition partners, especially as regards privatization in majority Serb ...Djuric to Kosovo gov't: Government of the republic is […]
- A "Great Fear" in Kosovo - Huffington Post 14/04/2015A "Great Fear" in KosovoHuffington PostAuthorities in Kosovo (approximately 80 percent Muslim) and Bosnia-Herzegovina (about 45 percent Muslim) have criminalized participation in jihadist terror in Syria and Iraq and arrested alleged participants in campaigns for the "Islamic State.".
- Tony Dovolani's Journey From Kosovo To 'Dancing' - Access Hollywood 21/04/2015Access HollywoodTony Dovolani's Journey From Kosovo To 'Dancing'Access HollywoodTony Dovolani witnessed genocide first-hand before escaping Kosovo as a teen to come to America. How did he make it out? And what led him to “DWTS”? The couple leaving right now is -- Suzanne and Tony. Suzanne somers and Tony dovolani ended their ...and more » […]
- CT National Guard unit heading to Kosovo - WFSB 22/04/2015WFSBCT National Guard unit heading to KosovoWFSB"The experienced leadership and motivated soldiers of the 1-169 give me the highest confidence that they will excel in Kosovo," Maj. Gen. Thaddeus J. Martin said. "For two years, the unit has trained at a high level to prepare for this opportunity, and ...Connecticut National Guard unit deploys t […]
- The new Kosovo Court puzzle - Osservatorio Balcani e Caucaso 24/04/2015Osservatorio Balcani e CaucasoThe new Kosovo Court puzzleOsservatorio Balcani e CaucasoKosovo is under international pressure to establish quickly a new EU-backed Special Court which is expected to investigate alleged crimes committed during and after the war by senior Kosovo Liberation Army figures. The Constitutional Court last week ...
- Islamic State exploits poverty and ignorance in Kosovo - EurActiv 22/04/2015
- Too Few Serbia-Kosovo Deals Implemented, Report 24/04/2015Implementation of the normalization agreement between Kosovo and Serbia has been patchy, with only four of the 17 agreements being put into action since 2011, a new report says.
- Funding Threat to War Crimes Prosecution in Bosnia 24/04/2015The continued prosecution of war crimes in Bosnia is seriously jeopardised by the failure of the authorities to adopt a Justice Sector reform strategy, a conference concluded.
- Croatia Parliament Confirms New Culture Minister 24/04/2015After the former deputy culture minister was named culture minister by parliament, the opposition expressed dissatisfaction with the whole process.
- Romanian Police Nab 14 'Crime Academy' Members 24/04/2015Following the most expensive investigation carried so far in Romania, police have arrested 14 members of a highly sophisticated crime ring that plundered luxury stores all over Europe.
- Serbs Call off Boycott of Kosovo Parliament 24/04/2015Following a two-month boycott of Kosovo institutions, Serbian representatives are returning to government after receiving assurances concerning their agreement with coalition partners.
- US: Macedonia Wiretap Probe Must be Credible 24/04/2015Macedonia needs to probe claims that the government is misusing its power and ensure that the inquiry has real credibility, the US Ambassador to Macedonia, Jess Baily, told the media.
- Kindergarten Food Poisoning Sparks Panic in Bosnia 24/04/2015More than 100 children from several Sarajevo kindergartens have sought medical assistance and some 30 have been hospitalized in one of the biggest food poisoning cases in Bosnia.
- Karadzic Seeks Meeting on His Worsening Health 24/04/2015The former Bosnian Serb president has asked the tribunal to hold a status conference in June to discuss his health, prison detention conditions and other objections.
- Moving Train Kills 14 Migrants in Macedonia 24/04/2015At least 14 migrants, believed to be from the Middle East, died on Thursday night in central Macedonia when a train hit their column as they trod a well-used refugee trail.
- Albania Online Media Bill Raises Censorship Fears 24/04/2015New media bill that aims to regulate offensive comments by visitors to online portals will worsen self-censorship in Albanian journalism, some experts warn.
- Croatia to Offer Shares in Highways to Citizens 24/04/2015Croatia is dumping its unpopular plan to lease the country's cash-strapped highways to foreign investors - and will instead offer shares in them to Croatian citizens and pension funds.
- Photo: Macedonian Pupils and Students Unite in Protest 23/04/2015Thousands of school pupils were joined by students, teachers and university professors on Thursday in Skopje at one of the biggest protest marches in the past few years in Macedonia.
- Balkan Countries Sign Gas Pipeline Agreement 23/04/2015Bulgaria, Greece and Romania are planning the construction of a new gas corridor in order to reduce dependence on Russian energy deliveries.
- Serbian Official Defiant Over Kosovo Visit 23/04/2015A senior Serbian official has said he will proceed with his visit to Kosovo, even though it has not been approved by the Kosovo authorities.
- Iliescu Admits Romania Hosted Secret CIA Base 23/04/2015Former president says he agreed to let the CIA set up a base in Romania - but had no idea it included a prison.
- Too Few Serbia-Kosovo Deals Implemented, Report 24/04/2015
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO
Search Results for: census
PRISTINA, KOSOVO – Not even 2 million people are living in Kosovo. After the registration of 98 percent of the resident population, first figures – spread by press and broadcasting media – indicate that about 1,8 million persons were counted. … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The long planned and awaited census of the Kosovan population seems to face ongoing confusion about its implementa-tion in the Serb dominated northern part of Kosovo. While beforehand government officials stated, that the UN organization UNOPS will … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — Kosovo Defense Minister Ceku said, “It should be clear that the KSF does not fulfill the Kosovo’s security requests and needs. Certainly in the meantime there will be a need to establish full military capacities …” ++ Serb … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — LDK MP Lutfi Haziri criticized the Government of Kosovo concerning the civil registry compromise, reminding that Serbia offered these copies of the registry books already at the former talks in Vienna, but refused a hand over later on … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — Vetevendosje parliament members disregarded the Constitutional Court ruling and left the Assembly hall right after the budget 2011 was approved. LDK and AAK stated, they will do the same … opposition political parties unanimously said that they will … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — As assessed by Pieter Everaer from EUROSTAT, Kosovo is ready for the census. Everaers at a press conference confirmed that the census will start on April 1 until April 15 … extensions are possible caused by the … Continue reading
PRISTINA, KOSOVO — The 2nd. round of talks is expected to continue today … issues to be treated include: registry books, energy and customs seals ++ … problems have accrued during the preparation process which have not been foreseen … … Continue reading
IOWA / PRISTINA / BELGRADE — Gov. Terry Branstad has announced a new partnership between Iowa and Kosovo involving the Iowa National Guard. The program is part of an effort to link the Guard with partner countries to foster mutual … Continue reading
PRISTINA / PRISHTINA ++ Snowboard Cup Lands in Kosovo: Brezovica will be hosting Kosovo’s first Snowboard Cross competition in March, bringing top athletes and a host of cultural events to the country’s slopes … ++ KFOR to Halve Troop Numbers in Kosovo: … Continue reading
PRISTINA / PRISHTINA ++ Serbia Prosecutor Backs Del Ponte Role in Organ Trade Probe: Serbia’s war crimes prosecutor supports the initiative of Carla del Ponte, former chief prosecutor at the Hague, to take part in the investigation into alleged organ trafficking … Continue reading