PRISTINA, Kosovo — The Kosovo Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Justice Hajredin Kuci today inaugurated the Kosovo War Crimes Institute. The establishment of a war crimes institute was announced about 6 weeks ago on 1st. of May. The proclaimed aim of the institute is the research, documentation and publication of war crimes in Kosovo. As to Minister Kuci the concerning activities shell be conducted professionally without political influence. According to the former announcement the war crimes institute will have the status of a public agency under the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kosovo. Continue reading
- Kosovo's Winter of Discontent - Nouse 28/03/2015NouseKosovo's Winter of DiscontentNouseMany have been referring to the ongoing protests that have unfolded in Pristina this January as Kosovo's “Winter of Discontent”. But just like any situation that includes political and social upheaval, it needs a good catalyst for the domino effect to ...
- First Serbian politician accepts invitation to Kosovo - EurActiv 26/03/2015EurActivFirst Serbian politician accepts invitation to KosovoEurActivSerbian Foreign Minister Ivica Dačić became the first government official to visit Pristina at Kosovo's invitation since the territory unilaterally declared independence from Belgrade in 2008. Dačić attended a Western Balkans conference on creating the ...NATO, EU, Kosovo and US flags […]
- Kosovo's entrepreneurs hope for brighter future - BBC News 26/03/2015BBC NewsKosovo's entrepreneurs hope for brighter futureBBC NewsIt is only just past nine in the morning - the staff are still taking the chairs off the tables at the pub in the centre of Kosovo's capital Pristina - and Alban Ibrahimi is keen to start drinking. But the shots the Kosovan entrepreneur has in mind are ...and more »
- Kosovo Serb 'civil protection' force faces disbanding - Journal of Turkish Weekly 30/03/2015B92Kosovo Serb 'civil protection' force faces disbandingJournal of Turkish WeeklyKosovo's Dialogue Minister Edita Tahiri announced last week that an agreement had been reached for the Civilna Zastita, which has been operating as a de facto security force in Serb-majority northern Kosovo, to be dissolved and its members incorporated ...Ex-milit […]
- "EU perspective crucial for Kosovo dialogue" - B92 30/03/2015B92"EU perspective crucial for Kosovo dialogue"B92"EU perspective crucial for Kosovo dialogue". Source: Tanjug. SPLIT -- EU perspective has made a considerable contribution to promoting the regional cooperation and relations in the Western Balkans, says Ivica Dacic.
- Leaving Kosovo: Exodus of young people as frustration soars - BBC News 22/03/2015BBC NewsLeaving Kosovo: Exodus of young people as frustration soarsBBC NewsFairy lights twinkle, a mixture of Albanian and English-language hits play over the sound system and the 20-somethings gathered around the tables regularly break into laughter. But the joviality papers over a grim reality for these young people. Kosovo ...and more »
- Why countries that recognize Palestinian statehood turn their backs on Kosovo - Quartz 20/03/2015QuartzWhy countries that recognize Palestinian statehood turn their backs on KosovoQuartzNearby Albania and Kosovo are arguably Europe's “most Islamic” countries, when excluding Turkey. In Albania, 56.7% of the population adheres to Sunni Islam. And although exact numbers aren't available for Kosovo, one of the world's youngest countries, ... […]
- Kosovo police halt angry war veterans' rally - Journal of Turkish Weekly 30/03/2015Kosovo police halt angry war veterans' rallyJournal of Turkish WeeklyKosovo Liberation Army veterans broke into the courtyard of the government building during a protest calling on the authorities to start paying them state benefits. Hundreds of former Kosovo Liberation Army fighters marched to the government building ...
- Obama names new US Ambassador to Kosovo - InSerbia News 30/03/2015InSerbia NewsObama names new US Ambassador to KosovoInSerbia NewsPRISTINA – United States Embassy in Prishtina confirmed that the US President, Barack Obama, nominated Greg Delawie, to serve as the next US Ambassador in Kosovo, Gazeta Express reported. us-flag6. Gregory T. Delawie currently is the Deputy ...Greg Delawie the new US ambassador in KosovoAlbeu.c […]
- Cyprus stands by decision not to recognize Kosovo - InSerbia News 30/03/2015InSerbia NewsCyprus stands by decision not to recognize KosovoInSerbia NewsCUPRIJA – Cypriot Ambassador to Serbia Nafsika Krousti said Monday that Cyprus, as one of five members of the European Union that did not recognize the independence of Kosovo-Metohija, will stand by this decision, adding that her country will continue ...
- Kosovo's Winter of Discontent - Nouse 28/03/2015
- Feud Poses Threat to Bosnian Serb Leadership 31/03/2015The government of the Bosnian Serb entity, Republika Srpska, could be left without a majority owing to a growing feud between Milorad Dodik and one his party's leading figures.
- Fans of Zagreb's Embattled Mayor Form New Party 31/03/2015He may be fighting off corruption charges that could result in a jail term - but that did not stop supporters of Mayor Milan Bandic from forming a new party in Zagreb last Saturday.
- Ex-Minister Sets Sights on Mayoralty of Tirana 31/03/2015Gjergj Bojaxhi, a former deputy minister of energy, on Monday launched his campaign to become the Albanian capital's new mayor, running on a ticket as independent.
- Kosovo Police Halt Angry War Veterans’ Rally 30/03/2015Kosovo Liberation Army veterans broke into the courtyard of the government building during a protest calling on the authorities to start paying them state benefits.
- Macedonia Journalists Protest After Editor Labelled Informant 30/03/2015Over 50 journalists staged a protest after Macedonia’s Lustration Commission declared that the editor-in-chief of weekly newspaper Fokus was a secret services informant in 1993.
- Croatian War Veterans File Charges Against PM 30/03/2015War veterans who have been protesting for over five months said they filed charges against Prime Minister Zoran Milanovic and two Croatian media outlets, accusing them of inciting hatred.
- Albanian MP Wanted in Belgium for Murder 30/03/2015The Albanian general prosecutor’s office asked parliament to lift the immunity of Christian Democratic MP Mark Frroku after an extradition request from Belgium.
- Kosovo Serb 'Civil Protection' Force Faces Disbanding 30/03/2015A Kosovo minister said that the Serb-run Civilna Zastita (Civil Protection) force in the north will soon be dissolved and incorporated into the country's regular police.
- Hague Tribunal Orders Seselj Back into Custody 30/03/2015The international war crimes court revoked the temporary release of Serbian Radical Party leader Vojislav Seselj, ordering him to return to custody in the Netherlands immediately.
- Croatia Vote Fails to Halt Istria Power Plant 30/03/2015Although the majority people who voted in an advisory referendum in the Labin region of Istria opposed plans for a new coal-fired thermal power plant, the project is to go ahead.
- Albania Zoo Closed Over Animal Cruelty Row 30/03/2015The Tirana municipality has shut down Albania’s only zoo after a video was circulated showing a bloodied horse that had been attacked by a bull while they were kept in the same pen.
- Romania Names New Finance Minister 30/03/2015Prime Minister Victor Ponta has appointed a new finance minister to replace Darius Valcov, who recently resigned amid a graft probe.
- Violent Football Fans Wreck Montenegro-Russia Qualifier 29/03/2015UEFA Sanctions on Montenegro expected after thuggish fans wreak havoc at Euro 2016 match with Russia.
- Montenegro Protests Over Croatia's Adriatic Oil Probes 27/03/2015Montenegro has accused Croatia of jeopardizing an earlier border agreement between the two countries by allowing oil and gas exploration in the disputed border area near Prevlaka.
- Bidders Snap Up Ceausescu Trophies in Romania 27/03/2015Brisk sales of Ceasescu family memorabilia underline Romania’s continuing fascination with its communist dictator.
- Feud Poses Threat to Bosnian Serb Leadership 31/03/2015
Internet ExplorerFor Internet Explorer 8+ please activate the compatibility modus of your browser!
Search NEWS > KOSOVO